General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 5,461 to 5,480 of 10,467

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,461. Posted:

Well I'm happy to say I enjoyed the second episode of Trigun much more.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

RR529

5,462. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

Well I'm happy to say I enjoyed the second episode of Trigun much more.

Yeah, once you get into it, Trigun is really good. Vash acts the fool, but that's just to hide his skill, and dark past (which I won't elaborate on).

On an unrelated note, I just watched Golgo 13: the Professional on YouTube!

It was an oldie, but it definitely had high production values for the time (well, except for that akward moment with the crappy CGI helicopters. Seriously, even considering the time it was released, it just sucked). Also, the assassins he fought were like something out of Metal Gear Solid.

On the downside, I didn't care for the story, which is a big component here. I know our government (U.S.) isn't squeaky clean, but the way it's portrayed here is just plain insulting (seriously, at one point they even try to stop Golgo from killing a former high ranking Nazi officer).

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,463. Posted:

@RR529
Well I did think the characters were better in the second episode, while in the first episode I found him annoying, I found him much more endearing in the second, same goes with the two women.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,464. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@RR529
I just tried the first episode...it was kinda meh. The two insurance girls were kinda annoying, the action weren't all that good, there really was no humor or drama, the only guy I really liked was the bounty hunter. Vash was also a disappointment, cause it looked like he was gonna be some cowboy badass, but then he turns out to be a goofy guy with a high-pitched voice and a gun for show. It really didn't leave a good impression on me.

Trust me, it's a completely different show by the end. It's also one of the greatest shows ever by the end, too.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

5,465. Posted:

@canis you told me the second season of black butler would be different and I would totally notice it...well I did.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL...no Wii U yet.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,466. Posted:

@RR529 @CanisWolfred
Now that I've watched episode 3, I can safely say my opinion of the show has much improved. Since it's quite a short show, I think I'll go through with it, also because I've definitely begun to like it. Still need to watch episode 3 of Attack on Titan, taking a brief break from Bleach, and I'm gonna watch One Piece ep 10 at some point.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,467. Posted:

undead_terror wrote:

@canis you told me the second season of black butler would be different and I would totally notice it...well I did.

Yeah. Btw, I read the manga, and the entire second season is filler (but that's not to say it's bad...in fact, most of the Anime version of Black Butler is better than the Manga in my opinion...)

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

5,468. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

undead_terror wrote:

Yeah. Btw, I read the manga, and the entire second season is filler (but that's not to say it's bad...in fact, most of the Anime version of Black Butler is better than the Manga in my opinion...)

Really? I've been hearing the opposite. Maybe I should finish it.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,469. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

undead_terror wrote:

Really? I've been hearing the opposite. Maybe I should finish it.

Fair warning: I'm not saying it's great, but it's better than what I read of the manga after the point that was changed in the anime. It had one of the most poorly handled "who dunnit?" stories I've ever encountered, for instance.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

5,470. Posted:

I'm unsure whether this was mentioned on this thread yet, but apparently Aku No Hana (English title being "Flowers of Evil") is considered the worst anime. Ever. In the history of animated shows. At least, according to the larger anime community;

WARNING: The below videos contain heavy language.

As for my opinion? I'm not buying it. While the animation isn't pretty and the story isn't fast-paced, it is FAR from the worst anime ever imaginable. There are myriads of explotation-esque series that deserve far worse accolades than Aku Now Hana.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,471. Posted:

How do you put videos up NOT in URL form, but like that ^ ?

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

5,472. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

How do you put videos up NOT in URL form, but like that ^ ?

First, you want to copy the number and letter jargon that come after the "watch?v=" part of the Youtube URL. After that, you type in "[ youtube: ??? ]" and replace the question marks with the jargon and delete the spaces. An example;

URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J---aiyznGQ
(Number and letter jargon is bolded.)

Incomplete Video Format: [ youtube: J---aiyznGQ ]
(Spaces are inserted into format to make the HTML text viewable.)

Complete Video Format:

(Spaces are removed, allowing the Youtube player to appear on the forum.)

Edited on by V8_Ninja

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

Konata

5,473. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

Just quote this, and you'll see how it works x3.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,474. Posted:

Konata wrote:

Rocko52 wrote:

Just quote this, and you'll see how it works x3.

Ahhhh...thanks!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,475. Posted:

V8_Ninja wrote:

I'm unsure whether this was mentioned on this thread yet, but apparently Aku No Hana (English title being "Flowers of Evil") is considered the worst anime. Ever. In the history of animated shows. At least, according to the larger anime community...As for my opinion? I'm not buying it. While the animation isn't pretty and the story isn't fast-paced, it is FAR from the worst anime ever imaginable. There are myriads of explotation-esque series that deserve far worse accolades than Aku Now Hana.

First off: That's all the larger Anime community (who always forgets anything before 2001) needs to consider anything the worst anime ever. Nevermind that there's tons of worse crap out there (like the anime version of Crying Freeman, for instance)...

Second of all, Flowers of Evil just started. Anyone whose ready to call something the worst thing ever before even giving it a chance isn't really worth listening to, IMO.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,476. Posted:

@V8_Ninja ....yes it would...

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,477. Posted:

@Everyone
What are some of your favorite openings?

AuthorMessage

Konata

5,478. Posted:

@Rocko52
No problem ^^. I'm glad I could help.

The cutest anime ever Acchi Kocchi Is calling my name again... I feel like it needs a re-watch :O

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,479. Posted:

@Konata
That a picture of you?

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,480. Posted:

My favorite openings so far:

Edited on by Rocko52