Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 5,441 to 5,460 of 11,862

RevolverLink

kkslider5552000 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/04/19-1/kyoani-cou...

Kyoto Animation has something new in the works, btw. I'm hoping it's more Full Metal Panic...

as long as it can continue the momentum from that last season, I completely agree.

Though Haruhi takes priority for me.

As long they don't pull another Endless Eight stunt (I do admire the ambition behind it [and as Majora's Mask and Groundhog Day can attest, I love very similar premises when executed properly] - but that was a lot of time, money and effort for something that could've been conveyed just as effectively, if not moreso, in a 2-3 episode arc), and I don't believe there's any reason to think that they would, I'll gladly consume as much Haruhi as they'll let me.

Actually, on second thought, they could even force an Endless Eight-type slog on us again, if that's the price we have to pay; I'd just watch the first and last episodes of the arc this time. Just give me more Haruhi.

Avatar - Estelle Bright (Trails in the Sky)
Currently Playing - Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past
The Revloggery

Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

TheKingOfTown

Rocko52 wrote:

So now that I'm done with FMA...
I'm also done with Season 1 of Bleach (Arc 1 Part 1 of 3)
So...

Watch Brotherhood next. That's what I'm doing, and it's different enough to warrant a watch. Not to mention it's excellent.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

CanisWolfred

@rocko52 - Why don't you watch one of these:

Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex
Squid Girl
Soul Eater
Code Geass
Gurren Lagann
Mobile Suit Gundam
Sgt. Frog

They were on your watch list less than 2 weeks ago.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

John_1029 wrote:

I really hope the Code-Name NX is not a sandwich oven.

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Rocko52

@CanisWolfred
Planning to ASAP.

@CrimsonFire13
Haven't yet, planning on it tonight.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: Starting Point 1979-1996

CanisWolfred

Decided to rewatch Full Metal Panic!, and saw the first 3 episodes in a row, when I've been having trouble watching more than one episode a day. I wasn't a big fan of this show before, and technically speaking, my opinion of it hasn't changed - The comedy isn't that funny, the drama could be better, the relationships feel incredibly forced and unnatural, and the main character is a freakin' robot, yet the rest of the cast is likeable. Yet I'm enjoying it a lot more this time around. Maybe it's because I know what I'm getting into? Either way, I'll definitely be watching more soon.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

John_1029 wrote:

RR529

Read a few more chapters of Gunsmith Cats! Still really enjoying it.

The action is great (Rally is almost like a female Spike). The art style is clean cut and detailed, has a "fun" vibe, and avoids being gritty. The story isn't incredibly deep (although I'm still early on), but it's interesting nonetheless, and the charcters seem likeable so far.

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Front Mission Evolved

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

Rocko52

Anyone here seen Trigun? Any good?

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable

RR529

Rocko52 wrote:

Anyone here seen Trigun? Any good?

Yes, I have seen it, and it is very good.

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

Rocko52

@RR529
I just tried the first episode...it was kinda meh. The two insurance girls were kinda annoying, the action weren't all that good, there really was no humor or drama, the only guy I really liked was the bounty hunter. Vash was also a disappointment, cause it looked like he was gonna be some cowboy badass, but then he turns out to be a goofy guy with a high-pitched voice and a gun for show. It really didn't leave a good impression on me.

Rocko52

Well I'm happy to say I enjoyed the second episode of Trigun much more.

RR529

Rocko52 wrote:

Well I'm happy to say I enjoyed the second episode of Trigun much more.

Yeah, once you get into it, Trigun is really good. Vash acts the fool, but that's just to hide his skill, and dark past (which I won't elaborate on).

On an unrelated note, I just watched Golgo 13: the Professional on YouTube!

It was an oldie, but it definitely had high production values for the time (well, except for that akward moment with the crappy CGI helicopters. Seriously, even considering the time it was released, it just sucked). Also, the assassins he fought were like something out of Metal Gear Solid.

On the downside, I didn't care for the story, which is a big component here. I know our government (U.S.) isn't squeaky clean, but the way it's portrayed here is just plain insulting (seriously, at one point they even try to stop Golgo from killing a former high ranking Nazi officer).

Rocko52

@RR529
Well I did think the characters were better in the second episode, while in the first episode I found him annoying, I found him much more endearing in the second, same goes with the two women.

CanisWolfred

Rocko52 wrote:

@RR529
I just tried the first episode...it was kinda meh. The two insurance girls were kinda annoying, the action weren't all that good, there really was no humor or drama, the only guy I really liked was the bounty hunter. Vash was also a disappointment, cause it looked like he was gonna be some cowboy badass, but then he turns out to be a goofy guy with a high-pitched voice and a gun for show. It really didn't leave a good impression on me.

Trust me, it's a completely different show by the end. It's also one of the greatest shows ever by the end, too.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

John_1029 wrote:

Rocko52

@RR529 @CanisWolfred
Now that I've watched episode 3, I can safely say my opinion of the show has much improved. Since it's quite a short show, I think I'll go through with it, also because I've definitely begun to like it. Still need to watch episode 3 of Attack on Titan, taking a brief break from Bleach, and I'm gonna watch One Piece ep 10 at some point.

CanisWolfred

undead_terror wrote:

@canis you told me the second season of black butler would be different and I would totally notice it...well I did.

Yeah. Btw, I read the manga, and the entire second season is filler (but that's not to say it's bad...in fact, most of the Anime version of Black Butler is better than the Manga in my opinion...)

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

John_1029 wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic