General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 5,441 to 5,460 of 9,392

AuthorMessage

RR529

5,441. Posted:

Toonami Saturday night!

Bleach - Aww yeah! I was wondering how this was going to look in the anime, and it was sweet. Old man Yamamoto kicks @ss!

Naruto - The heroes are gearing themselves up for the next challenge, making some new rivals along the way.

Soul Eater - I still don't know if this was completely stupid, or incredibly hilarious (probably both).

ThunderCats - Repeat.

Sym-Bionic Titan - Repeat.

Eureka 7 - Some more insight into the history of Eureka & Holland during their military days, and the true importance of Renton & Eureka's relationship revealed! Oh, and Talho drops the bomb!

Tenchi Muyo! GXP - Wait, is this actually trying to be serious now? WTF.

Oh, and next week, IGPX (a show about racing mechs), is being added to the lineup.

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

5,442. Posted:

I like how innocent Karin is in Chibi Vampire.

Backloggery. Now playing: Spyro: Year of the Dragon, Gex, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Final Fantasy V, and Knuckles the Echidna in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sonic Classic Collection).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,443. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@CanisWolfred
Do you like character centered stories?

I do like character centered shows - in fact, you may notice that that's what makes up most of my top 30. However, I like lots of different types of stories, so long as it works. In Legend of the Galactic Heroes, for instance, the characters, while interesting, aren't quite the focus of the show. The cast is large, and most seem to get an equal amount of screen time, IIRC. It's more focused on its elaborite plot, how all the characters relate to eachother, and the highly tactical combat. I absolutely loved it because of those aspects, and I know many consider it a great classic that never made it to our shores.

Also, you may notice that lots of anime are character-focused. It's probably just easier to do with a purely visual medium, and I also think a lot of people prefer more character-driven stories, anyways.

RR529 wrote:

Soul Eater - I still don't know if this was completely stupid, or incredibly hilarious (probably both).

Congratulations, you have now met my favoritest character of all time. :D

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,444. Posted:

Apparently, there was a generally positive Japanese reaction to the Tiger & Bunny English Dub: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/04/20/japanese-fan...

I'm sure they cherry-picked the comments, of course, since they were pretty much all positive, but still, it's nice to see good comments from them, especially since there are just as many haters and trolls over there as there are around here (ever been to 2Ch? It's pretty much 4Chan in Japanese...).

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

5,445. Posted:

@CanisWolfred I can't remember if you'd said if you had seen The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya or not and that's a fantastic character driven anime. If you have, what's your opinion on it? Bakuman is a great character driven anime too.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,446. Posted:

So now that I'm done with FMA...
I'm also done with Season 1 of Bleach (Arc 1 Part 1 of 3)
So...

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Captain Earth, Tonari no Seki-kun, Inferno Cop

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,447. Posted:

FonistofCruxis wrote:

@CanisWolfred I can't remember if you'd said if you had seen The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya or not and that's a fantastic character driven anime. If you have, what's your opinion on it? Bakuman is a great character driven anime too.

I did not watch Haruhi. And I probably never will. It just never interested me. Maybe someday I might change my mind, it does look like a good show, at least, just not something has to appeal to my tastes yet.

Bakuman Is definitely something I'd like to give a try someday, though. The only problem is its realistic setting and story, which is something that I'm not always into. If I ever get the urge for something like that, though, I'll be sure to give it a watch.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

5,448. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/04/19-1/kyoani-cou...

Kyoto Animation has something new in the works, btw. I'm hoping it's more Full Metal Panic...

as long as it can continue the momentum from that last season, I completely agree.

Though Haruhi takes priority for me.

As long they don't pull another Endless Eight stunt (I do admire the ambition behind it [and as Majora's Mask and Groundhog Day can attest, I love very similar premises when executed properly] - but that was a lot of time, money and effort for something that could've been conveyed just as effectively, if not moreso, in a 2-3 episode arc), and I don't believe there's any reason to think that they would, I'll gladly consume as much Haruhi as they'll let me.

Actually, on second thought, they could even force an Endless Eight-type slog on us again, if that's the price we have to pay; I'd just watch the first and last episodes of the arc this time. Just give me more Haruhi.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

5,449. Posted:

@Rocko

Did you see the new ep. of Attack on TItan today?

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

5,450. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

So now that I'm done with FMA...
I'm also done with Season 1 of Bleach (Arc 1 Part 1 of 3)
So...

Watch Brotherhood next. That's what I'm doing, and it's different enough to warrant a watch. Not to mention it's excellent. ;)

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,451. Posted:

@rocko52 - Why don't you watch one of these:

Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex
Squid Girl
Soul Eater
Code Geass
Gurren Lagann
Mobile Suit Gundam
Sgt. Frog

They were on your watch list less than 2 weeks ago.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Konata

5,452. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

@rocko52 - Why don't you watch one of these:

Squid Girl
Code Geass
Sgt. Frog

I like these out of @CanisWolfred's list.

Edited on by Konata

3 Year obsessed K-Pop veteran. I'm a walking K-Pop Wiki :3.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,453. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
Planning to ASAP.

@CrimsonFire13
Haven't yet, planning on it tonight.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Captain Earth, Tonari no Seki-kun, Inferno Cop

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,454. Posted:

Decided to rewatch Full Metal Panic!, and saw the first 3 episodes in a row, when I've been having trouble watching more than one episode a day. I wasn't a big fan of this show before, and technically speaking, my opinion of it hasn't changed - The comedy isn't that funny, the drama could be better, the relationships feel incredibly forced and unnatural, and the main character is a freakin' robot, yet the rest of the cast is likeable. Yet I'm enjoying it a lot more this time around. Maybe it's because I know what I'm getting into? Either way, I'll definitely be watching more soon.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

5,455. Posted:

Watched the 3rd episode of attack on titan, it was a lright episode, it was more of a getting warmed up episode, hopefully the next episode is when it gets epic.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
The graveyard | Reviewer at eshop gurus | Owner and reviewer at Droid gurus | Public chat | Forums

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

RR529

5,456. Posted:

Read a few more chapters of Gunsmith Cats! Still really enjoying it.

The action is great (Rally is almost like a female Spike). The art style is clean cut and detailed, has a "fun" vibe, and avoids being gritty. The story isn't incredibly deep (although I'm still early on), but it's interesting nonetheless, and the charcters seem likeable so far.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,457. Posted:

Anyone here seen Trigun? Any good?

AuthorMessage

RR529

5,458. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

Anyone here seen Trigun? Any good?

Yes, I have seen it, and it is very good.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,459. Posted:

@RR529
I just tried the first episode...it was kinda meh. The two insurance girls were kinda annoying, the action weren't all that good, there really was no humor or drama, the only guy I really liked was the bounty hunter. Vash was also a disappointment, cause it looked like he was gonna be some cowboy badass, but then he turns out to be a goofy guy with a high-pitched voice and a gun for show. It really didn't leave a good impression on me.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

5,460. Posted:

Sankarea is getting real good. Could have done without that incredibly akward scene in episode 5 but oh well. I'm on episode 7 right now. Really excited to see what happens next!

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery