General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 5,401 to 5,420 of 9,421

AuthorMessage

RR529

5,401. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@RR529
Why not use a computer?

The laptop & iPad are my brother's, and he's very picky about who can get on them, when, and for how long (Heck, he doesn't let anyone do so much as look the iPad for more than a minute, ever).

We also have a desktop, but it's slow as heck (seriously, it takes 10 minutes just to get the internet running on that thing).

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

RR529

5,402. Posted:

The site was actually working again, so I managed to get through two more chapters of Metroid!

If you don't like how Samus is portrayed in Other M, you'll hate this. They have no qualms about mentioning Samus has PTSD in regards to Ridley, and even go as far as having her being a blubbering suicidal mess for 3-4 chapters.

Of course, it's not canon to the main series, but it goes to show that the idea wasn't created by Team Ninja, as some hardcore fans would like to believe.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

5,403. Posted:

Okay, I just watched the first episode of Attack on Titan. If that's the kind of thing I can expect from this show going forward, I'm all in. That was one of the best, and most intense, premier episodes I've seen in a while.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,404. Posted:

@RevolverLink
I know, right? The show's great!

@RR529
Aw, too bad. Wish you had a more willing brother. Just a random question, why is you're avatar Family Tennis 3D?

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Captain Earth, Tonari no Seki-kun, Inferno Cop

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,405. Posted:

Ummm, I'm on episode 9 of One Piece, but I looked ahead on the official site, and after episode 13 of the dubs, it goes right to episode 30.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Captain Earth, Tonari no Seki-kun, Inferno Cop

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

5,406. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

Ummm, I'm on episode 9 of One Piece, but I looked ahead on the official site, and after episode 13 of the dubs, it goes right to episode 30.

This website has every dubbed episode in the series.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

RR529

5,407. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@RR529, Just a random question, why is you're avatar Family Tennis 3D?

Last month I was promoting it as the "Hidden eShop Gem of the Month" (my signature was related to it at the time, as well), and I haven't changed it yet.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,408. Posted:

@RR529
Gotcha...so you like it a lot I assume?

AuthorMessage

RR529

5,409. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@RR529
Gotcha...so you like it a lot I assume?

It's not in my top 10 eShop titles, but I think it deserves more attention than it got.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,410. Posted:

@RR529

Huh...well not into tennis games much...

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

5,411. Posted:

Watched the first episode of The Flowers of Evil last night. It was positively terrifying. The setting and art were all hyperrealistic, but the camera angles and ethereal atmosphere kept making me feel like I was watching a horror movie. The tension and suspense was excellent - looking forward to the rest of the series now! (although I don't know if I should, considering how uncomfortable the first episode alone made me feel)

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
Interested in games as art?

"This is the best gift I can give to you right now. A gift without form called "memory". I don't have any money. I can't buy you anything with form. Even so, even without a form, a memory will last forever! I believe that it will."

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

5,412. Posted:

What is Death Note and Deadman Wonderland about?

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

5,413. Posted:

@Rocko and anyone else watching Attack on Titan

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

RR529

5,414. Posted:

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

What is Death Note and Deadman Wonderland about?

Death Note - Ryuk, a shinigami purposefully drops his "Death Note" into the human world, to see how a human would use it. Light, a highly intelligent high school student, picks it up & uses it to kill criminals. Soon enough, he becomes corrupt, thinks he's a god that can cast judgement on anyone he wants, and gets into a cat & mouse chase against highly skilled detective L, who vows to find out who he is & take him out.

Deadman Wonderland - Ganta is a regular 14 year old school student, until a mysterious figure in red brutally murders his entire class, letting him live. He's blamed for the grisly slaughter, and is put up in Deadman Wonderland, the nation's first privately run prison. He's quickly discovered to be a Deadman (meaning he can utilize his blood as a weapon), and is forced into a life & death tournament with other Deadmen, hoping to win his freedom & get revenge on the mysterious "Red Man".

Out of the two, I enjoyed Deadman Wonderland more, but they're both good.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,415. Posted:

@CrimsonFire13
Death Note is just amazing, watch it.

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

5,416. Posted:

Watched Aku no Hana(The Flowers of Evil) and well it creepily interesting, might have to start watching it.

Even the ending is weird and creepy

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,417. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Instead, I'm watching Broken Blade, a sci-fi/Fantasy mecha series about a world where everything is powered through Manipulable quartz "Magic". Unlike other shows, it's a series of "Movies", though each episode is only about 55 minutes long, so it's more like Gundam Unicorn and Code Geass: Akito the Exiled, where it's an OVA with theatrical showings. In fact, it came out around the time Gundam Unicorn did. It seems to be becoming a trend...and so far, I'm happy with it. In Broken Blade for instance, the level of detail in the mecha designs and animation really left me in awe. The way they move, the way the look, the way they get damaged, the way everything has weight to it - it really makes them seem so believable, and the action more intense! The story is good, too, at least so far. I don't know how much I should say about it, but I'm really getting intrigued. I can't wait to watch more. Too bad the episodes are longer than usual, otherwise I'd be halway done already. :P

Just watched the second episode. Story's following the usual mecha/fantasy tropes, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying it still. The action still impresses me, with lots of struggle and tension on both sides. It's been a while since I saw a mecha anime where I was so into fights - lately they've just been a lot of flash and beam spam (actually, the only other one I can compare it to right now is Gundam Unicorn...in fact, there are a lot of parallels between the two right now). The drama is also well excecuted, especially near the end of the episode.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

5,418. Posted:

I started watching Sankarea tonight I saw the first 4 episodes. It's really good so far! The main character is a guy obsessed with zombies and when his cat dies he tries to bring him back. A girl finds out and tries to help him. The guy has a thing for zombies so if he gets his cat back the girl agrees to take it and become a zombie too. The pacing is wonderful and I just love the character designs and art. I didn't do the plot justice with that description. The build up of the whole zombie situation is great. I'm loving this.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

5,419. Posted:

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

Watched Aku no Hana(The Flowers of Evil) and well it creepily interesting, might have to start watching it.

Even the ending is weird and creepy

The ending was just... I only realised it was supposed to be an ending theme halfway through. (Prior I had just thought it was another weird flower sequence, with someone speaking randomly). The beginning theme was weird enough!

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
Interested in games as art?

"This is the best gift I can give to you right now. A gift without form called "memory". I don't have any money. I can't buy you anything with form. Even so, even without a form, a memory will last forever! I believe that it will."

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

RR529

5,420. Posted:

I read two more chapters of Metroid, today.

Currently Playing: