General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 5,381 to 5,400 of 10,476

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,381. Posted:

@CrimsonFire13
Well I'm watching too much anime to stop right now...

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

5,382. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@CanisWolfred
Gotcha...but everyone was once at this point, and quite honestly I intend to stay at this pace. I feel kind of over-obsessed as it is with anime at the present, I don't want to go further. Sure I'll watch more new shows, but stay at the same pace.

There's nothing wrong with that. Just stick with what makes you happy.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,383. Posted:

@Retro_on_theGo
Thanks.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

5,384. Posted:

My anime list

Curently Watching

Attack on Titan
Darker Than Black

Toonami(Dont want to watch these on the internet because i want to focus on the above 2 and want to go through these at a slow pace.)
Soul Eater
Naruto

Stopped watching (but will hopefully will continue)
Fairy Tail
Digimon Data Squad (Season 5)

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

5,385. Posted:

I'm only watching Binbogami-ga! right now actually. After that though I'll pick up Sankarea and probably Shakugan No Shana lll.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,386. Posted:

The only problem is, I feel like I'll come off as a noob if I ever come near uber-hardcore Otakus.

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,387. Posted:

Everyone here probably already knows what I'm watching, although FMA is soon to drop from that list as I finish it.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

5,388. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

The only problem is, I feel like I'll come off as a noob if I ever come near uber-hardcore Otakus.

I dunno, I'd consider having a life far better than being an anime expert. :p

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,389. Posted:

@kkslider
Ya....hehe good point.

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

5,390. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Rocko52 wrote:

@CanisWolfred
Ya, the thing is though, a lot of people here seem to try and watch almost any type of anime for the sake of watching it. If I ever watched as many shows as this, I'd doubt I could stay invested in any of them.

...Dude, you should really see what people at anime forums watch. Most of these guys are amatuers compared to some people I've seen. Just take a look at this: http://www.animenation.net/forums/showpost.php?p=7358397&...

This is what one person watched in one day. He watches that amount rather frequently, and yes, he does have a job.

I mean, I even bothered to ask, and it seems most people here aren't watching more than a few shows at a time. Mewtwo is watching 10+ currently airing shows, but that just amounts to 10 or so episodes a week. You watch more than that.

Oh, I make no pretensions about being anything other than a casual anime fan. I probably could watch more anime than I do, but I like the balance I have now.

Not including the anime I re-watch or films, I probably average somewhere around 20 different shows a year, and I rarely watch more than one series at time. Heck, from January-through-late June of last year, Monster, Spice and Wolf and One Piece were pretty much the only things I saw - though that was mostly because Monster and especially OP are really freaking long. Aside from the occasional "eh, screw it, I'll give it a chance" choice like R+V was, I tend to just cherry pick whatever finished series draws my interest at that particular moment.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,391. Posted:

@RevolverLink
To a guy like me, 20 shows a year sounds like a lot.

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

5,392. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@RevolverLink
To a guy like me, 20 shows a year sounds like a lot.

I'm of the mindset that you should just watch whatever you want to watch however you want to watch it. If that's just 5 anime a year, that's cool, and if you want to get more immersed in the medium and watch all of the new anime as they air, that's cool too

And some of those ~20 shows I watched last year were pretty short. :p I don't think anything out of Kids on the Slope, Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal, Ookami-san, Mysterious Girlfriend X and Princess Jellyfish had more than 12 episodes.

Edited on by RevolverLink

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,393. Posted:

@RevolverLink
Gotcha. I'm definitely going to tackle more than 5 this year, but I don't think I'll do 20. I've got a watchlist so I'm set for another anime to take FMA's place in my schedule.

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,394. Posted:

Anyone read Pocket Monsters Special/ Pokemon Adventures?

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

5,395. Posted:

Well I just finished Binbogami-ga! :D That was so fun! I really enjoyed it. Momiji and def Ranmaru have to be some of my favorite anime females I've seen in a while. Is that second season preview at the end real? I really want more!

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,396. Posted:

@RevolverLink - Same here. Also, I'm not a stickler and I'm not afraid to start stuff I don't intend on finishing any time soon, so I'll happily pick up shows, and then drop them or save them for later. I also rarely watch new stuff while it's running. I'm seriously only watching the Mecha shows right now because I'm running out of Mecha. I had a whole list with over 30 shows, plus a whole mess of Gundam shows. Now I'm out of Gundam, and I'm through about half of the other shows. Basically, if I want my Mecha fix, I really gotta watch the currently running stuff now. Otherwise, I always wait until I really feel like watching it, which is usually long after its ended.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

DarkNinja9

5,397. Posted:

Sylverstone wrote:

Hey guys, it's Spring 2013! Time for new shows!

This season, I'm watching:

• Aiura
  • Aku no Hana
  • Hataraku Maou-sama!
  • Photokano
  • Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru

Also, I've picked up Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT from last season since I got into the show while it was still airing.

So what are you guys watching?

i know this is a few pages back but wait so theres a 2nd season to Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai? cuz i just started that anime too :P

also thx magikarp for the info on the pic! (:

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AuthorMessage

RR529

5,398. Posted:

Well, it looks like I may not be finishing the Metroid manga...

Like pretty much every other manga I've ever tried reading, on various sites, after having no problems whatsoever for the first 5 or 6 chapters, my 3DS suddenly acts like it's incapable of rendering any images whatsoever, and I can't move on.

It wouldn't be so bad, but it does this for practically everything I try reading, on any site! (I honestly don't know how I've made it through Bleach so far).

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,399. Posted:

@RR529
Why not use a computer?

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

5,400. Posted:

Well it only took 13 episodes :P but I finally like Binbogami-ga's opening.
DAKARA 1 WAY 2 WAY 3 WAY 4 WAY! YOU THERE! MAKE MY DAY!
if you can't beat'em jon'em.

My Colors! 3D Gallery