General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 5,361 to 5,380 of 10,264

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

5,361. Posted:

I've also heard the manga is better and has less fan service.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,362. Posted:

Sigh Wish I knew more 'bout these shows. Eh, but they don't really interest me from what I've heard...

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,363. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

Sigh Wish I knew more 'bout these shows.

Give it a few years. You'll catch on. Especially if you ever start frequenting an actual anime forum.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

5,364. Posted:

I remember watching the first episode of Rosario + Vampire, but not being too enthralled.

Maybe I'll check out the manga one of these days, since it's supposed to be better.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,365. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
Ya, the thing is though, a lot of people here seem to try and watch almost any type of anime for the sake of watching it. If I ever watched as many shows as this, I'd doubt I could stay invested in any of them.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,366. Posted:

It;s just, I don't want to watch any and all anime, not even that much, just what interests me. I don't really feel the need to watch a ton of shows, just ones I come across and like. I also tend to read reviews before watching any. Also, should I be considered a noob, cause I've watched through 2 anime series completely, am almost done with FMA, just scraping the surface of Bleach and One Piece, and am completely caught up with Attack on Titan?

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

5,367. Posted:

@FonistofCruxis, @CanisWolfred - I don't read manga as much as I probably should, but I have heard better things about the manga version of R+V before, so I might give it a shot sometime. I do still like the basic premise of it (average human guy winds up going to a school filled with demons and monsters).

Rocko52 wrote:

So....anyone think that Warner Bleach movie will pan out? Personally I hope it doesn't, but that's just my opinion.

With any luck, it'll go the same way as that Keanu Reeves' Cowboy Bebop movie and never happen.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,368. Posted:

@RevolverLink
I really don't want to see it happen. I mean really, penned by the guy who did Clash of the Titans?

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,369. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@CanisWolfred
Ya, the thing is though, a lot of people here seem to try and watch almost any type of anime for the sake of watching it. If I ever watched as many shows as this, I'd doubt I could stay invested in any of them.

...Dude, you should really see what people at anime forums watch. Most of these guys are amatuers compared to some people I've seen. Just take a look at this: http://www.animenation.net/forums/showpost.php?p=7358397&...

This is what one person watched in one day. He watches that amount rather frequently, and yes, he does have a job.

I mean, I even bothered to ask, and it seems most people here aren't watching more than a few shows at a time. Mewtwo is watching 10+ currently airing shows, but that just amounts to 10 or so episodes a week. You watch more than that.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

5,370. Posted:

@Rocko

Are you going to watch FMAB

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,371. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
Dear Lord...I could never become THAT obsessed with anime. Well..with FMA I've gotten to watching 7-8 eps a day, and I'll be done most likely within the next 2-3 days.... Still, I don't want to watch anime on that scale.

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,372. Posted:

@CrimsonFire13
Maybe, but not right after I'm done with FMA. I'm a bit apprehensive about Brotherhood, cause FMA is almost my favorite anime, I think it ties with Death Note for me.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

5,373. Posted:

@Rocko52 Brotherhood is my favorite anime right now. It was fantastic.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,374. Posted:

@Retro_on_theGo
You see, I read an article comparing the two, saying that FMAB had not much heart. Like it was a chain of events. I've heard similar sentiments expressed on the internet. Also, a friend IRL dissed FMA while praising FMAB, and like I said I LOVE FMA. So Brotherhood kinda isn't high on my list. Another IRL friend told me the pacing was bad, and that it just wasn't as good.

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

5,375. Posted:

@Rocko52 Brotherhood and FMA are tied for my fave

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,376. Posted:

@Retro_on_theGo and @CrimsonFire13
I might watch Brotherhood one day, but it'd be odd to start it right after finishing FMA. Like I said earlier, I'm apprehensive over it, and I have other stuff to watch.

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,377. Posted:

@Everyone
You wouldn't call me a noob, would you? Cause I'm still an anime fan.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,378. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@Everyone
You wouldn't call me a noob, would you? Cause I'm still an anime fan.

Yes and no. You're still in the transition phase, but you're moving through it at a respectable pace. BTW, when I said "amatuers" I meant solely in terms of watch volume. I forgot to mention that before. You know more than you've seen, but only because you've just started. Hell, I've been watching anime on the internet for 3 years, and still know more shows than I've actually seen. :P

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,379. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
Gotcha...but everyone was once at this point, and quite honestly I intend to stay at this pace. I feel kind of over-obsessed as it is with anime at the present, I don't want to go further. Sure I'll watch more new shows, but stay at the same pace.

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

5,380. Posted:

@Rocko

Well what i did was i rewatched FMA during August-September then started FMAB, November, so i had a month of rest with anime.

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
CUCUMBERS