Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 5,341 to 5,360 of 11,664

Rocko52

@undead_terror
Basically, although they are very primitive and beastlike.

@CrimsonFire13
No, I tend to watch anime more than read manga, although I'm planning on reading this, Death Note, and FMA since they're my favorite animes. Also maybe Bleach and One Piece.

Anime watching: Space Patrol Luluco, Kiznaiver, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: Chuck Amuck

Mewtwo21

Looks like everyone here is watching Attack on Titan. Really their so many good shows this season. apart from Attack on Titan im following 10 other shows this season compared to the last season.

I also just started watching Mirai Nikki too. Its really gory at times and full of suspense.

Mewtwo21

Nintendo Network ID: Mewtwo21

Rocko52

@Mewtwo21
I could never have the time or the interest for 10 new shows every season, also I doubt I could stay invested in any of those shows, watching them all at once.

Anime watching: Space Patrol Luluco, Kiznaiver, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable

FonistofCruxis

RevolverLink wrote:

Harem/fanservice shows aren't my thing, but I just watched both seasons of Rosario + Vampire, and I'm now slightly ashamed of myself for doing so.

I'm not normally into shows like that either but I'm considering reading the manga as I've heard that it isn't so overdosed with fanservice and that the story is better as the anime leaves a lot out.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

Rocko52

So....anyone think that Warner Bleach movie will pan out? Personally I hope it doesn't, but that's just my opinion.

RR529

Rocko52 wrote:

So....anyone think that Warner Bleach movie will pan out? Personally I hope it doesn't, but that's just my opinion.

Based on the history of live action anime adaptations made by Hollywood (such stinkers as Dragonball Evolution, Blood: the Last Vampire, and Speed Racer), it doesn't stand a chance.

I just don't see how they'll capture the show's style, without making look corny.

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Samurai Warriors: Katana

Recently Beat: Shantae & the Pirate's Curse, Tales of Vesperia, Kirby's Dream Land 2

Rocko52

@RR529
As I said, I really don't want it to happen cause I can't imagine a good American Live-Action film of Bleach.

Rocko52

Anyone ever read Pokemon Adventures?

Rocko52

@undead_terror
It was last talked about Feb 2012. I hope production's stopped...it sounds terrible. Apparently they had the guy who made the script for Clash of the Titans (I know) penning it, and had some other director...(can't remember the name) They had been working on getting the rights to a Bleach movie since 2010, and after their Akira adaptation didn't work, they went to Bleach.

CanisWolfred

RevolverLink wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

@RevolverLink I'm not a fan of Harem. I just tried watching one and no nooooope. Rosario + Vampire seemed like something I really wouldn't enjoy either from what I saw.
I'm also starting to get interested in Attack on Titan. What is it? I'm not gonna be watching currently running anime this season anyways,

I think I mostly just watched it because I needed something to do.

While it was occasionally funny and Funimation tried their best with the dub, all of the things that bug me about many shows of its kind (embarrassing fanservice and wish-fulfillment, poor character development, contrived drama, meh art and animation, etc.) were still there. Oh well, at least I can say I gave something outside of my comfort zone a try. Just didn't work out.

Like Fonist said, the manga's way better, if you're interested. I personally hate the anime version of R+V, but the manga's impressed me so far (though I'm only a few chaters in, I'll admit).

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Rocko52

Sigh Wish I knew more 'bout these shows. Eh, but they don't really interest me from what I've heard...

RR529

I remember watching the first episode of Rosario + Vampire, but not being too enthralled.

Maybe I'll check out the manga one of these days, since it's supposed to be better.

Edited on by RR529

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Samurai Warriors: Katana

Recently Beat: Shantae & the Pirate's Curse, Tales of Vesperia, Kirby's Dream Land 2

Rocko52

@CanisWolfred
Ya, the thing is though, a lot of people here seem to try and watch almost any type of anime for the sake of watching it. If I ever watched as many shows as this, I'd doubt I could stay invested in any of them.

Rocko52

It;s just, I don't want to watch any and all anime, not even that much, just what interests me. I don't really feel the need to watch a ton of shows, just ones I come across and like. I also tend to read reviews before watching any. Also, should I be considered a noob, cause I've watched through 2 anime series completely, am almost done with FMA, just scraping the surface of Bleach and One Piece, and am completely caught up with Attack on Titan?

RevolverLink

@FonistofCruxis, @CanisWolfred - I don't read manga as much as I probably should, but I have heard better things about the manga version of R+V before, so I might give it a shot sometime. I do still like the basic premise of it (average human guy winds up going to a school filled with demons and monsters).

Rocko52 wrote:

With any luck, it'll go the same way as that Keanu Reeves' Cowboy Bebop movie and never happen.

Avatar - Estelle Bright (Trails in the Sky)
Currently Playing - Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation, BioShock Infinite, Harvest Moon: Animal Parade
The Revloggery

Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic