General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 5,341 to 5,360 of 10,065

AuthorMessage

RR529

5,341. Posted:

RevolverLink wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

@RevolverLink I'm not a fan of Harem. I just tried watching one and no nooooope. Rosario + Vampire seemed like something I really wouldn't enjoy either from what I saw.
I'm also starting to get interested in Attack on Titan. What is it? I'm not gonna be watching currently running anime this season anyways,

I think I mostly just watched it because I needed something to do.

While it was occasionally funny and Funimation tried their best with the dub, all of the things that bug me about many shows of its kind (embarrassing fanservice and wish-fulfillment, poor character development, contrived drama, meh art and animation, etc.) were still there. Oh well, at least I can say I gave something outside of my comfort zone a try. Just didn't work out.

Have you tried Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki or Tenchi Universe?

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,342. Posted:

@Revolver Link and @Retro_on_theGO
I definitely recommend Attack on Titan ,it's flippin fantastuic!

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

5,343. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

RevolverLink wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

@RevolverLink I'm not a fan of Harem. I just tried watching one and no nooooope. Rosario + Vampire seemed like something I really wouldn't enjoy either from what I saw.
I'm also starting to get interested in Attack on Titan. What is it? I'm not gonna be watching currently running anime this season anyways,

While it was occasionally funny and Funimation tried their best with the dub, all of the things that bug me about many shows of its kind (embarrassing fanservice and wish-fulfillment, poor character development, contrived drama, meh art and animation, etc.) were still there. Oh well, at least I can say I gave something outside of my comfort zone a try. Just didn't work out.

Have you tried Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki or Tenchi Universe?

That 2012 Adult Swim/Toonami April Fool's airing of Tenchi Muyo! (oh boy, that dub has not held up well) and a couple of GXP episodes aside, it's been a long time since I've watched anything Tenchi-related. I am open to giving those shows a try, though.

Edited on by RevolverLink

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

RR529

5,344. Posted:

Yeah, Ryo-Ohki & Universe are great, Tenchi in Tokyo is decent, and GXP sucks, lol.

They changed Ryoko's voice for GXP, and the last third of Ryo-Ohki, and the new voice sucks.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

5,345. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

Anyone besides me and CrimsonFire13 looking forward to the next episode of Attack on Titan?

Im really looking forward to the next episode.
Titans are like zombies, they just go around eating people, they are not very smart, over grown humans that act like beasts. Well I hope within the next few episode it will explain how titans came to be.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
The graveyard | Reviewer at eshop gurus | Owner and reviewer at Droid gurus | Public chat | Forums

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,346. Posted:

@undead_terror
The thing about the titans is they don't need to eat to survive, and don't eat any creatures besides humans. There purpose and origin are unknown. Their sudden appearance and large numbers are what caused most humans to become extinct.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

5,347. Posted:

@Rocko in other words...they are a bunch of aholes.

The graveyard | Reviewer at eshop gurus | Owner and reviewer at Droid gurus | Public chat | Forums

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

5,348. Posted:

^Exactly

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

5,349. Posted:

@Rocko52

did you read the manga for AoT

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,350. Posted:

@undead_terror
Basically, although they are very primitive and beastlike.

@CrimsonFire13
No, I tend to watch anime more than read manga, although I'm planning on reading this, Death Note, and FMA since they're my favorite animes. Also maybe Bleach and One Piece.

AuthorMessage

Mewtwo21

5,351. Posted:

Looks like everyone here is watching Attack on Titan. Really their so many good shows this season. apart from Attack on Titan im following 10 other shows this season compared to the last season.

I also just started watching Mirai Nikki too. Its really gory at times and full of suspense.

Mewtwo21

3DS Friend Code: 0645-6093-0849 | Nintendo Network ID: Mewtwo21

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,352. Posted:

@Mewtwo21
I could never have the time or the interest for 10 new shows every season, also I doubt I could stay invested in any of those shows, watching them all at once.

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

5,353. Posted:

RevolverLink wrote:

Harem/fanservice shows aren't my thing, but I just watched both seasons of Rosario + Vampire, and I'm now slightly ashamed of myself for doing so.

I'm not normally into shows like that either but I'm considering reading the manga as I've heard that it isn't so overdosed with fanservice and that the story is better as the anime leaves a lot out.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,354. Posted:

So....anyone think that Warner Bleach movie will pan out? Personally I hope it doesn't, but that's just my opinion.

AuthorMessage

RR529

5,355. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

So....anyone think that Warner Bleach movie will pan out? Personally I hope it doesn't, but that's just my opinion.

Based on the history of live action anime adaptations made by Hollywood (such stinkers as Dragonball Evolution, Blood: the Last Vampire, and Speed Racer), it doesn't stand a chance.

I just don't see how they'll capture the show's style, without making look corny.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,356. Posted:

@RR529
As I said, I really don't want it to happen cause I can't imagine a good American Live-Action film of Bleach.

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,357. Posted:

Anyone ever read Pokemon Adventures?

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

5,358. Posted:

They are making a live action movie of bleach? why?....we can't afford crappy spin-offs.

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,359. Posted:

@undead_terror
It was last talked about Feb 2012. I hope production's stopped...it sounds terrible. Apparently they had the guy who made the script for Clash of the Titans (I know) penning it, and had some other director...(can't remember the name) They had been working on getting the rights to a Bleach movie since 2010, and after their Akira adaptation didn't work, they went to Bleach.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,360. Posted:

RevolverLink wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Like Fonist said, the manga's way better, if you're interested. I personally hate the anime version of R+V, but the manga's impressed me so far (though I'm only a few chaters in, I'll admit).

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~