Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 5,321 to 5,340 of 11,586

Retro_on_theGo

CanisWolfred wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I'm watching Date a Live, i guess. Will give impressions later.

I've heard some negative impressions on that one. Like, scores of 1/5-2.5/5 on Anime News Network. One of them even scored it as "guuuuhhhhh"...not sure about fan impressions, though. Those tend to be different...

I couldn't bring myself to finish the first episode... I got uninterested. Character designs are generic-ish and everything was show first explain later. Unfortunately what was going down just didn't grab me enough to care. Kinda expected as much when the first scene was literally the main guy's little sister's panties.

@Rocko52 Space quakes are destroying the world and the guy has to date the girl causing them to save the world.

Rocko52

^ Gotcha.

Anime watching: Lupin III (Green Jacket) Diebuster & Ouran Highschool Host Club
Games playing: Metal Gear Solid 2

RevolverLink

Harem/fanservice shows aren't my thing, but I just watched both seasons of Rosario + Vampire, and I'm now slightly ashamed of myself for doing so.

Can anyone recommend Attack on Titan? Aside from the occasional long-running action show, I rarely watch anime while they're in-season, but this one has me intrigued.

Edited on by RevolverLink

Avatar - Estelle Bright (Trails in the Sky)
Currently Playing - Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation, BioShock Infinite, Harvest Moon: Animal Parade
The Revloggery

Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Retro_on_theGo

@RevolverLink I'm not a fan of Harem. I just tried watching one and no nooooope. Rosario + Vampire seemed like something I really wouldn't enjoy either from what I saw.
I'm also starting to get interested in Attack on Titan. What is it? I'm not gonna be watching currently running anime this season anyways,

Undead_terror

Im gonna watch a bit of attack on titan, sad that it's only on crunchy roll because every other time I was on there the video player was crap or I had to pay.
Edit:nevermind then, it actually being nice now...but the ad are annoying.

Edited on by Undead_terror

RR529

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

@RevolverLink I'm not a fan of Harem. I just tried watching one and no nooooope. Rosario + Vampire seemed like something I really wouldn't enjoy either from what I saw.
I'm also starting to get interested in Attack on Titan. What is it? I'm not gonna be watching currently running anime this season anyways,

The only Harem I've enjoyed were the original Tenchi Muyo! series. They actually had plots, and great action & animation.

Every once in awhile, I'll try one out to see if it can catch that same Tenchi feeling, but nope :/

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Samurai Warriors: Katana

Recently Beat: Shantae & the Pirate's Curse, Tales of Vesperia, Kirby's Dream Land 2

RevolverLink

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I think I mostly just watched it because I needed something to do.

While it was occasionally funny and Funimation tried their best with the dub, all of the things that bug me about many shows of its kind (embarrassing fanservice and wish-fulfillment, poor character development, contrived drama, meh art and animation, etc.) were still there. Oh well, at least I can say I gave something outside of my comfort zone a try. Just didn't work out.

Currently Playing - Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation, BioShock Infinite, Harvest Moon: Animal Parade
The Revloggery

RR529

RevolverLink wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

While it was occasionally funny and Funimation tried their best with the dub, all of the things that bug me about many shows of its kind (embarrassing fanservice and wish-fulfillment, poor character development, contrived drama, meh art and animation, etc.) were still there. Oh well, at least I can say I gave something outside of my comfort zone a try. Just didn't work out.

Have you tried Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki or Tenchi Universe?

Recently Beat: Shantae & the Pirate's Curse, Tales of Vesperia, Kirby's Dream Land 2

Rocko52

@Revolver Link and @Retro_on_theGO
I definitely recommend Attack on Titan ,it's flippin fantastuic!

RevolverLink

RR529 wrote:

RevolverLink wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Have you tried Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki or Tenchi Universe?

That 2012 Adult Swim/Toonami April Fool's airing of Tenchi Muyo! (oh boy, that dub has not held up well) and a couple of GXP episodes aside, it's been a long time since I've watched anything Tenchi-related. I am open to giving those shows a try, though.

Edited on by RevolverLink

The Revloggery

RR529

Yeah, Ryo-Ohki & Universe are great, Tenchi in Tokyo is decent, and GXP sucks, lol.

They changed Ryoko's voice for GXP, and the last third of Ryo-Ohki, and the new voice sucks.

Undead_terror

Rocko52 wrote:

Anyone besides me and CrimsonFire13 looking forward to the next episode of Attack on Titan?

Im really looking forward to the next episode.
Titans are like zombies, they just go around eating people, they are not very smart, over grown humans that act like beasts. Well I hope within the next few episode it will explain how titans came to be.

Rocko52

@undead_terror
The thing about the titans is they don't need to eat to survive, and don't eat any creatures besides humans. There purpose and origin are unknown. Their sudden appearance and large numbers are what caused most humans to become extinct.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic