General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 5,321 to 5,340 of 10,209

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,321. Posted:

^Well, first off, why did you just post a bunch of random images from Attack on Titan? You know, besides just to spite me? Secondly, it's usually not a good idea to, you know, post a bunch of random images. It's actually in the rules:

community_rules wrote:

Show some restraint on the amount of images you post. Posts or topics with many images are a strain on dial-up users, so please be courteous.

I don't know what's considered too many, but I felt it was best to report it than to leave there.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

5,322. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Just finished chapter 5 of Metroid!

Things are going a bit smoother than anticipated. They're doing an origin story instead of trying to follow one of the games, so there's nothing really to screw up.

The only thing I don't care about thus far, are Samus' generic sidekicks (they're not only generic, but it's odd seeing Samus with team mates).

Like I said earlier, I know about this manga, and how it's a non-canon origin story.

I already knew all that...

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

5,323. Posted:

Date a Live is simulcast so it has episodes coming out a week and there's only 2 subbed right now. It's not that big of an addition to what I'm already watching, so no biggie.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,324. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
Sorry, I wasn't posting them to piss you off, I put a warning. Not all the pictures were of the Titans, I was just trying to post some images from the show. Sorry. And I also didn't know it was against forum policy.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,325. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I'm watching Date a Live, i guess. Will give impressions later.

I've heard some negative impressions on that one. Like, scores of 1/5-2.5/5 on Anime News Network. One of them even scored it as "guuuuhhhhh"...not sure about fan impressions, though. Those tend to be different...

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,326. Posted:

@Retro_on_theGO
Well it is another show to add to your schedule...but what's it about?

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,327. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
Can you give me any first impressions of Valvrave the Liberator?

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

5,328. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I'm watching Date a Live, i guess. Will give impressions later.

I've heard some negative impressions on that one. Like, scores of 1/5-2.5/5 on Anime News Network. One of them even scored it as "guuuuhhhhh"...not sure about fan impressions, though. Those tend to be different...

I couldn't bring myself to finish the first episode... I got uninterested. Character designs are generic-ish and everything was show first explain later. Unfortunately what was going down just didn't grab me enough to care. Kinda expected as much when the first scene was literally the main guy's little sister's panties.

@Rocko52 Space quakes are destroying the world and the guy has to date the girl causing them to save the world.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,329. Posted:

^ Gotcha.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

5,330. Posted:

Well, I won't be adding that to stuff to watch. I'll finish Binbogami-ga tomorrow since I only have two more episodes (:() and then I'll start Sankarea, sounds real good.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

5,331. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Space quakes are destroying the world and the guy has to date the girl causing them to save the world.

ONLY IN JAPAN!

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Droid Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,332. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@CanisWolfred
Can you give me any first impressions of Valvrave the Liberator?

I won't be watching episode 2 until Sunday. So no.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

5,333. Posted:

Harem/fanservice shows aren't my thing, but I just watched both seasons of Rosario + Vampire, and I'm now slightly ashamed of myself for doing so.

Can anyone recommend Attack on Titan? Aside from the occasional long-running action show, I rarely watch anime while they're in-season, but this one has me intrigued.

Edited on by RevolverLink

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,334. Posted:

I've just added 5 shows to my "to-watch list" once I found out the writer of AnoHana and Toradora did a bunch of other shows recently.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

5,335. Posted:

@RevolverLink I'm not a fan of Harem. I just tried watching one and no nooooope. Rosario + Vampire seemed like something I really wouldn't enjoy either from what I saw.
I'm also starting to get interested in Attack on Titan. What is it? I'm not gonna be watching currently running anime this season anyways,

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

5,336. Posted:

Im gonna watch a bit of attack on titan, sad that it's only on crunchy roll because every other time I was on there the video player was crap or I had to pay.
Edit:nevermind then, it actually being nice now...but the ad are annoying.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Droid Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,337. Posted:

You only have to pay for the newest episodes, and they go free in exactly a week.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

5,338. Posted:

-_- ads freezing at CR, screw it I found somewhere else to watch it.

AuthorMessage

RR529

5,339. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

@RevolverLink I'm not a fan of Harem. I just tried watching one and no nooooope. Rosario + Vampire seemed like something I really wouldn't enjoy either from what I saw.
I'm also starting to get interested in Attack on Titan. What is it? I'm not gonna be watching currently running anime this season anyways,

The only Harem I've enjoyed were the original Tenchi Muyo! series. They actually had plots, and great action & animation.

Every once in awhile, I'll try one out to see if it can catch that same Tenchi feeling, but nope :/

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

5,340. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I think I mostly just watched it because I needed something to do.

While it was occasionally funny and Funimation tried their best with the dub, all of the things that bug me about many shows of its kind (embarrassing fanservice and wish-fulfillment, poor character development, contrived drama, meh art and animation, etc.) were still there. Oh well, at least I can say I gave something outside of my comfort zone a try. Just didn't work out.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink