General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 5,281 to 5,300 of 11,067

AuthorMessage
RR529

RR529

5,281. Posted:

Just watched both parts of Ninja Resurrection on YouTube!

It has great animation & action, albiet probably with the most gore I've ever seen in an anime. Fanservice is also present.

It also twists Christian philosophy & themes more than Neon Genesis Evangelion 0_0 (I know it's just a show, but I still get a little nervous whenever an anime tries to twist such themes for it's plot).

Still though, if you enjoy stuff like Ninja Scroll (movie), Blood Reign: Curse of the Yoma (OVA), InuYasha, or Rurouni Kenshin, this might be something for you to look into.

Edited on by RR529

Playing: Dragon Quest V (AND)

Watching: Marvel's Daredevil (Netflix) Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Netflix), InuYasha: the Final Act (Toonami), DBZ Kai (Toonami)

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

5,282. Posted:

@Crimsonfire13 - If the video doesn't load, pick another mirror. They're the squares underneath the video.

Sylverstone wrote:

Hey guys, it's Spring 2013! Time for new shows!

This season, I'm watching:

• Aiura
  • Aku no Hana
  • Hataraku Maou-sama!
  • Photokano
  • Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru

Also, I've picked up Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT from last season since I got into the show while it was still airing.

So what are you guys watching?

I've been watching Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet, Majestic Prince, and Valvrave: The Liberator. Gargantia has been really good, while the other two have been good enough to continue watching. I also intend to pick up Space Battleship Yamato 2199 sooner than later. Once I've caught up with the first season of A Certain Scientific Railgun, I intend to watch Railgun S as well.

As far as continuing series go, I recently started Doki Doki PreCure, which I am enjoying. I also intend to get caught up with Space Brothers, Saint Seiya Omega, and Hunter X Hunter, hopefully by the end of the season.

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

5,283. Posted:

BTW, I'm reporting anyone who posts a picture of those Titans from Attack on Titan from now on. FFS, I've already had nightmares, G-ddamnit!!!

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Rocko52

Rocko52

5,284. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
Watching Valvrave the Liberator? So is it any good, I was thinking of cheking it out. Also, did you watch Attack on Titan?

Anime watching: Parasye, Yona of the Dawn, Death Parade, Mushi-shi

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

5,285. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@CanisWolfred
Watching Valvrave the Liberator? So is it any good, I was thinking of cheking it out.

I don't want to say anything until I've seen the next episode. A lot of it will hinge on how well they explain a certain twist.

Rocko52 wrote:

Also, did you watch Attack on Titan?

Nope, and I absolutely refuse to. Those monstrosities are disgusting.

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000

5,286. Posted:

I have to assume the happy ending in SSY will be Saki NOT being completely most emotionally destroyed and disillusioned.

also I have to give the series credit, it got me to actually say "no!" at a certain reveal at my computer screen. And then I realized what was actually happening and the implications of what it means and it became more depressing.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja

5,287. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I have to assume the happy ending in SSY will be Saki NOT being completely most emotionally destroyed and disillusioned.

Yeah, you hit the nail on the head.

Anyways, I started some series!

Attack on Titan: Unlike some individuals, I am completely fine with watching this series. Unfortunately, the series didn't quite do it for me. The first episode felt a little all-over the place and didn't dedicate itself to any specific tone. I assume that the series will be more focused as the proper story seems to have commenced, but the first episode was not a great introduction to the series.

Flowers of Evil: I still haven't decided whether the animation of this series is bad or stylistic. Otherwise, I'm extremely interested to see where this series goes. The cleverly-hidden drama of the first episode is something really great.

Recorder and Randsell: I didn't recognize this was one of those extremely short gag-anime series. Nevertheless, the comedy is bizarrely entertaining. Taken at face-value it's not very interesting, but when you finally get that the main character is a kindergarten student rather than a full-grown man, lots of the jokes have a slightly deceptive edge to them.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage
Rocko52

Rocko52

5,288. Posted:

@CanusWolfred
Really, just because the monsters are too disgusting? They're terrifying, but I dunno about disgusting... Still it's a great show so far.

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

5,289. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@CanusWolfred
Really, just because the monsters are too disgusting? They're terrifying, but I dunno about disgusting... Still it's a great show so far.

Well, yeah. They creep me out. I don't want to watch a whole show where I have to see those things. I don't know why any of you guys do, and I don't care. So long as you keep pictures down to Zero, you'll all live to talk about it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Undead_terror

Undead_terror

5,290. Posted:

I guess after watching the black butler I will watch Attack of titans, it got my interest but might not talk about it due to being spooky to some.

Edited on by Undead_terror

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME! I eShop Gurus I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery) I My Super Smash Bros. 4 Battler Card!
Currently owns a Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL, New Black New 3DS XL and a Wii U Deluxe.

Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

5,291. Posted:

@Undead_terror - Have you gotten to the second season yet?

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Rocko52

Rocko52

5,292. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Huh, I actually like horror/creepy things...also is it Titans in general or just The Colossal Titan that you have a problem with?

AuthorMessage
Undead_terror

Undead_terror

5,293. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I think, im at episode 20 now and the intro/credits changed, wikipedia makes it look it's all one big season.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME! I eShop Gurus I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery) I My Super Smash Bros. 4 Battler Card!
Currently owns a Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL, New Black New 3DS XL and a Wii U Deluxe.

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

5,294. Posted:

@Rocko - all of those things look really creep to me.

undead_terror wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I think, im at episode 20 now and the intro/credits changed, wikipedia makes it look it's all one big season.

Season 2 starts at episode 25. Trust me, you'll notice it when they change the season...

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Rocko52

Rocko52

5,295. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
If these Titans scare you so much, how did you get through the Shinigami in Death Note?

AuthorMessage
Undead_terror

Undead_terror

5,296. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@CanisWolfred
If these Titans scare you so much, how did you get through the Shinigami in Death Note?

Ok let's not make a big fuzz about this, if he don't like it he don't like it, hell one of the titans is like a human with no skin with mussle showing...still gonna watch it and find it amusing.

AuthorMessage
Rocko52

Rocko52

5,297. Posted:

undead_terror wrote:

Rocko52 wrote:

@CanisWolfred

Ok let's not make a big fuzz about this, if he don't like it he don't like it, hell one of the titans is like a human with no skin with mussle showing...still gonna watch it and find it amusing.

Gotcha, I'll lay off. Sorry.

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

5,298. Posted:

@Undead_Terror - Thanks.

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
CrimsonFire

CrimsonFire

5,299. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

@Crimsonfire13 - If the video doesn't load, pick another mirror. They're the squares underneath the video.

The mirrors actually never work for me but I checked today and the video works now. :)

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage
CrimsonFire

CrimsonFire

5,300. Posted:

@Rocko52

Just saw the 2 episodes cant wait till the next one

P.S Thanks for showing me this anime