Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 5,081 to 5,100 of 11,784

shingi_70

Anyone else reading attack on titan?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

RR529

Just watched Gun Smith Cats on YouTube!

A really fun ride! It's not must watch, but it's animated well, has a bright art style, and has loads of intense gunslinging action! It's not overly silly, nor is it overly serious. Just a simple, fun watch.

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Front Mission Evolved

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

Rocko52

@CanisWolfred
It does look great though...pictures of that awesome controller just make me want it so bad...

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: Starting Point 1979-1996

kkslider5552000

I'd like to make a list of terms that I never want to hear again from the anime community, a top 10:

1-9: moeblob
...er...
10: anyone being a primarily english speaking person, who has never lived in Japan, who says the japanese name of an anime that has been dubbed well with a good translated title. In other words, call it Spirited Away or I don't think I can like you as a person.

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

CanisWolfred

kkslider5552000 wrote:

10: anyone being a primarily english speaking person, who has never lived in Japan, who says the japanese name of an anime that has been dubbed well with a good translated title. In other words, call it Spirited Away or I don't think I can like you as a person.

I have to deal with that a lot on Anime Forums. It's rediculous.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Rocko52

^Hehe

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable

RR529

I had some extra time tonight, so I watched Orguss 02 on YouTube! All 6 episodes were posted as one long video, lol (2 hrs 48 mins).

It managed to keep me hooked all the way through, so I definitely give it a recommendation to those interested. I don't want to say too much about the story, but it has an early 20th century European-style civilization, with advanced mechs. Some great action (especially in the latter parts), lots of political intrigue, an anti-war message, and a little bit of romance await.

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

CanisWolfred

@RR529 - Glad you liked Orguss 02! I quite liked that one myself, though I did feel it could've used a bit more action, if only because what was there was so good. Also, the dub's pretty solid for a show of it's age, and even hilarious at times.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Rocko52

Eeyup.

CanisWolfred

Okay...

LIST TIME!!!

@Everyone, what anime are currently on your watch-lists? (as in what are you watching and/or plan to watch)

Currently Watching: Guilty Crown and Fairy Tail

I'm also watching Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet, Majestic Prince, and Valvrave: The Liberator, which are currently running on Crunchyroll. I'll be watching the latest episodes every Sunday.

I plan to watch a lot of shows, but top of that list are:

Madoka Magica
Gintama
Dougram
Squid Girl
Berserk
A Certain Magical Index
Armored Trooper Votoms
Durarara!!
Tenchi Muyo!
Binbogami-Ga
Saint Seiya Omega
Hunter X Hunter (2011)

I'm tempted to put Guilty Crown aside, just because I don't want to watch it on Hulu's Adbox or Funi's finnickey iPad app. Hurry up and release the DVD version, Funimation!

Not sure what I should pick up instead, though...I don't want to grab a show from my list above, either, since none of them compliment Fairy Tail quite like Guilty Crown did.

EDIT: Added 4 more to my queue...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

RR529

I'm just watching whatever I can find on YouTube, lol.

Also keep up with Toonami, and the shows I'm trying to follow are Bleach, Naruto, Soul Eater, and Eureka 7.

Undead_terror

@canis Other then animes are started and didn't finish which I will never watch again, im watching:
Kyo kara maoh [dub]
Bleach [dub]-Gotta wait every week to watch the newer episode.
one piece [sub]

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic