General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 4,821 to 4,840 of 10,257

AuthorMessage

Konata

4,821. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@Konata
What's it about?

I would consult the Animenewsnetwork for that x3.

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,822. Posted:

@Konata
Gotcha.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,823. Posted:

So it's about a Squid Girl who tries and fails to conquer humanity for polluting the Earth? Sounds quite funny, and although I'm sure it's extremely different, it vaguely reminds me of Invader ZIm....

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

4,824. Posted:

Yeah, I never noticed before, but that plot element is pretty similar to Invader Zim, you know, trying to take over the earth and all that.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

4,825. Posted:

@CanisWolfred, what's your opinion on Macross II?

Once I was done with Macross: Do You Remember Love?, I noticed the second one was on YouTube as well.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

4,826. Posted:

It's aaaaaawwwwwfffffuuuulllll. Seriously, it one of the 3 mecha shows I didn't enjoy, and the only one I ever hated. I had to force my way through the whole thing. It's supposed to be 6 half hour episodes crammed into a single movie. The dub is bad, the characters are idiots, the action is forgettable, the designs are okay, the animation sucks. I also recall hating the story, but I can't remember why. Just go on to Macross Plus. That should be on Youtube as well.

Btw, I'm glad you liked Do You Remember Love, it's a good flick. Someday you should give the series a try, since it has a better story (the movie actually only covers 2/3s of the plot, btw, there's more that happens after the end, and even the ending they showed was a little different from the show).

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

4,827. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

It's aaaaaawwwwwfffffuuuulllll. Seriously, it one of the 3 mecha shows I didn't enjoy, and the only one I ever hated. I had to force my way through the whole thing. It's supposed to be 3 half hour episodes crammed into a single movie. The dub is bad, the characters are idiots, the action is forgettable, the designs are okay, the animation sucks. I also recall hating the story, but I can't remember why. Just go on to Macross Plus. That should be on Youtube as well.

Btw, I'm glad you liked Do You Remember Love, it's a good flick. Someday you should give the series a try, since it has a better story (the movie actually only covers 2/3s of the plot, btw, there's more that happens after the end, and even the ending they showed was a little different from the show).

Looks like I'll be skipping it, then. I'll look for Macross Plus the next time I visit YouTube, then.

If I can't find that, I'll probably watch through the A.D. Police Files videos, which I spotted.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

4,828. Posted:

Note that A.D. Police is part of the Bubblegum Crisis franchise. I'm not sure how much backround info is necessary, though. Just thought I'd let you know.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,829. Posted:

Anyone here seen Ghost in the Shell?

AuthorMessage

RR529

4,830. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

I've seen both movies, and both series.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

4,831. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

I just saw two random episodes out of context on Adult Swim, which is probably why I didn't like them,

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,832. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Rocko52 wrote:

I just saw two random episodes out of context on Adult Swim, which is probably why I didn't like them,

That is really unfortunate, because it is a very complex show/movie/manga and it is incredible.

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

4,833. Posted:

@Konata How is the dub for Squid Girl?

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

RR529

4,834. Posted:

Bleach - That fly got swatted! Oh, and Ichigo finally showed up, so we can actually get to the final battle.

Naruto - Little kid grabs his crossbow, gathers some arrows, and sets out to combat highly trained ninja, and his mother does little to stop him... Anime parenting, you've got to love it :P

Soul Eater - Another very entertaining episode. Also, Death the Kid is easily my favorite character.

ThunderCats - Man, these bird people have their heads in the clouds.

Sym-Bionic Titan - Repeat.

Eureka 7 - Poor Renton, robbed of his first kiss. Oh, and look at those cutesy coralian thingies (look like they'd get along with Kirby), that are now making a bloody mess out of that town (Okay, maybe Kirby better stay away).

Tenchi Muyo! GXP - Yeah, stay classy guys.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

Konata

4,835. Posted:

TheKingOfTown wrote:

@Konata How is the dub for Squid Girl?

I started with the sub, so when I listened to the dub it messed me up x3.
I suggest the sub because the dub takes out a lot of funny jokes, that wouldn't make sense in English but you can understand it with the sub.
The dub didn't interest me that much x3.

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

4,836. Posted:

And the end of that arc in Fairy Tail brought on a more cohesive plot, and more surprising twists. I'm actually looking forward to seeing the next arc, but I might put this show on hold for now. In the meantime, I got Gundam to watch!

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

4,837. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Eureka 7 - Poor Renton, robbed of his first kiss. Oh, and look at those cutesy coralian thingies (look like they'd get along with Kirby), that are now making a bloody mess out of that town (Okay, maybe Kirby better stay away).

I have a feeling Coralians would fit well with Dark Matter.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

4,838. Posted:

Okay, I need to watch Air Gear now. I thought it was an extreme sports anime, but but it appears to be more of an action anime with some sports elements. I'll probably regret watching it, of course - I got drawn into TenjhoTenge by action-heavy AMVs, and outside of the action scenes (which weren't as frequent as I'd hoped) that show was completely insufferable. Both Air Gear and Tenjho Tenge were written by the same mangaka. Still, those action scenes were intense, and that's the thing Oh Great seems to be best at.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

4,839. Posted:

Oh yeah, Air Gear was one of the first anime I heard of exclusively through the internet I think. I just never got to watch it though.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

4,840. Posted:

Has anyone seen Origin: Spirits of the Past? I noticed it on Netflix numerous times, and am interested to watch for purely for this ridiculous-sounding premise:
"After a cataclysm shatters the moon, plants before the world's most intelligent life forms," Now how does that make any sense? I'm waiting for opinions before I decide to check it out.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64