Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 4,701 to 4,720 of 11,802

Mewtwo21

CanisWolfred wrote:

Rocko52 wrote:

@CanisWolfred
How do you all ever find the time to watch so much anime?

I don't. I only watch one show at a time, and only up to 6 episodes a day unless it's One Piece. I make time for One Piece.

same here i watch 6 episodes of anime a day. unless i can't stop myself from watching a particular show. Weekdays though its harder getting 6 in.

Mewtwo21

Nintendo Network ID: Mewtwo21

Mewtwo21

Magikarp wrote:

Also while we're talking about ED's, does anyone else skip them often? I find myself watching the OP all the time, but I skip the ED unless it's really plot-important important or enjoyable.

I always watch both of them unless the singing is particularly terrible.

Mewtwo21

Nintendo Network ID: Mewtwo21

Rocko52

^ I didn't know that some ending themes were plot important.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: Starting Point 1979-1996

TheKingOfTown

I usually skip the opening theme and the ending theme.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Arianabtd

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I usually don't skip either unless I really don't like one.

I usually skip the ones I don't like.
But when I'm lazy I just let it play x3.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Rocko52

^ Generally I like openings and closings.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable

Final-Starman

Rocko52 wrote:

^ Generally I like openings and closings.

Yeah, same here. I just skip the opening and whatnot to watch the episode.

Edited on by Final-Starman

"Come and get me loser! Spankety Spankety Spankety!" -Pokey
"Yesno It is isn't." -Moonsidian
"Shoot! I missed!" - Loid/Lloyd
Fobbies are... Borange!
TONDA GOSSA!
Nintendo Network ID: The-Ness
ROOOOLIIING STAAAAAART!
↑ & ↓ & ↻
Recently played: Sonic The Hedgehog (IOS)

Rocko52

^ In my rather limited experience with anime, I've never skipped an opening, but I skipped the endings so much in Death Note, that now as I'm rewatching it, I don't recognize the ending at all. But with FMA and my rewatch I'm watching the endings.

Rocko52

@Everyone
Are Soul Eater and D. Gray Man worth watching?

CanisWolfred

Rocko52 wrote:

@Everyone
Are Soul Eater and D. Gray Man worth watching?

Soul Eater starts out great, but by episode 30-ish, it goes downhill, since it stops following the manga. That parts still okay, but it's noticeably worse than the earlier parts. I actually suggest reading the Manga if you can. It's longer, yet it'll go by quicker.

I never watched D. Gray Man.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Arianabtd

I made another GIF. (I'm scouring random anime episodes I've watched recently to find good GIF material.)
This one is from Maid-sama. It was always one of my favorite moments x3.
Untitled

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Rocko52

@Konata
How does one make a GIF file?

RR529

@Rocko, I don't know which country you're in, or how late you stay up, but Toonami has recently started airing Soul Eater, if you're interested.

They're only 4 episodes in, I believe.

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Front Mission Evolved

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

Rocko52

@RR529
Everything I watch is Netflix or intetnet cause I have no cable. I'm in the US BTW...

RR529

Rocko52 wrote:

@RR529
Everything I watch is Netflix or intetnet cause I have no cable. I'm in the US BTW...

Ah, ok. You might be able to find the episodes they've already aired on Adult Swim's website (I know they do that with some of their anime).

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

Rocko52

@RR529
I believe that all of Soul Eater is on Netflix as well as D. Gray Man, part of why I asked about them.

RR529

Rocko52 wrote:

@RR529
I believe that all of Soul Eater is on Netflix as well as D. Gray Man, part of why I asked about them.

Okay then. I've only started on Soul Eater, but from what I've seen I'd recommend it.

The animation is superb, the action is exciting & well executed, it's reasonably funny, and the characters are likeable for the most part.

The only thing I don't really care for is the fact that it's heavily stylized (the Sun & Moon have large, expressive, somewhat creepy faces, for example), but that's more my personal preferences, and shouldn't be taken as a knock against the series' quality. The rest of the show has been done so well, that I can overlook it for the most part, anyways.

Nintengirl

I'm on Season 4 of Soul Eater and I have to say it is very, very good. I would definitely suggest watching it. (Though I've heard the ending isn't that good because it's different from the manga but I'm not sure). Also, the moon and sun are actually in the atmosphere. (Just a random fact, it has nothing to do with the plot)

3DS Friend Code: 0989-1789-0282 Just tell me if you wanna swap codes. (Especially if you plan on getting AC: NL!)
NNID: Lady_Ghirahim You need to add me through your friend list, though.
Check out my Tumblr: http://the-unsolvable-riddle.tumblr.com/

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic