Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 4,681 to 4,700 of 11,967

CanisWolfred

Rocko52 wrote:

@CanisWolfred
Sigh You need to watch a show to pass judgment, don't you?

Yes and no. You need to watch it to know the level of quality. But it's pretty easy to tell what will and won't interest you in the first place. I find that with Death Note, most people seem to love it right from the very premise. It's about a man given the power to kill anyone he wants by writing their name in a book, his slow decent into megalomania as he he becomes consumed with power, and the cat and mouse chase between two geniuses as they try to force eachother into the open so they can finally take the other down. If that doesn't already sound cool to you, I find it hard to believe you'd come to enjoy it if you did watch it.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Rocko52

@CanisWolfred
I guess I'm a bit different then, cause I really had close to no idea what is was about when I started it, didn't know there was gonna be an L vs Light dynamic and all that, cause I just was trying out 1st eps of random anime, and this one caught me.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: The Golden Compass

Arianabtd

CanisWolfred wrote:

Rocko52 wrote:

@CanisWolfred
Sigh You need to watch a show to pass judgment, don't you?

Yes and no. You need to watch it to know the level of quality. But it's pretty easy to tell what will and won't interest you in the first place. I find that with Death Note, most people seem to love it right from the very premise. It's about a man given the power to kill anyone he wants by writing their name in a book, his slow decent into megalomania as he he becomes consumed with power, and the cat and mouse chase between two geniuses as they try to force eachother into the open so they can finally take the other down. If that doesn't already sound cool to you, I find it hard to believe you'd come to enjoy it if you did watch it.

That's why I don't wanna watch it, the story doesn't interest me x3.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Rocko52

@Konata
Aww, I know what genres you like, but what type of stories do you like?

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable

Arianabtd

Rocko52 wrote:

@Konata

as I have already stated.
Anime with killing people as the main thing doesn't interest me :3.
Anything other than that i'm willing to look into x3.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Rocko52

@Konata
Well, it's...just....bah! It's not like killing is done in an actiony way, it's just...sigh I guess some things aren't for everypony....

Rocko52

@Konata
To finalize the fact that you ain't watching this, could you pwetty pwease just watch dis twailer?

RR529

I had started rereading Dragon Ball just because I have nothing better to read, but they have some of the chapters mixed up, so I probably won't be continuing...

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Front Mission Evolved

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

Rocko52

@RR529
Really? The official translated manga has mixed up chapters? Jeeze...

CanisWolfred

Konata wrote:

Rocko52 wrote:

@Konata

as I have already stated.
Anime with killing people as the main thing doesn't interest me :3.
Anything other than that i'm willing to look into x3.

It's more focused on the Cat & Mouse game, to be fair, and most of the deaths are by heart attack, but I still doubt you'd find it that interesting. It's more or less all drama with little light-heartedness to it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Rocko52

^ I'd have to agree. The killing is more of a plot element. It's really just a neat twisting and turning psychological thriller/drama.

RR529

Rocko52 wrote:

@RR529
Really? The official translated manga has mixed up chapters? Jeeze...

I'm reading it online.

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Front Mission Evolved

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

Rocko52

@RR529
Aaaaah.

Rocko52

@CanisWolfred
How do you all ever find the time to watch so much anime?

Rocko52

@CanisWolfred
I find it hard to squeeze more than 2 episodes daily, although I've been doing that with FMA.

Magikarp3

@Canis You mean the Wind song? Man, that was a great ending theme. I also liked a lot of the character leitmotifs from Naruto, especially Shikimaru's and Kakashi's.

Also while we're talking about ED's, does anyone else skip them often? I find myself watching the OP all the time, but I skip the ED unless it's really plot-important important or enjoyable.

@Rocko I started a 2-episodes-a-day rule in my final year of high school, so I wouldn't go crazy from the sleep deprivation. Some shows have really terrible pacing and will cliffhanger you for 10+ episodes in a row though D:

Edited on by Magikarp3

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

CanisWolfred

You're right, the character themes are pretty good, especially Shikamaru's.

Magikarp wrote:

Also while we're talking about ED's, does anyone else skip them often? I find myself watching the OP all the time, but I skip the ED unless it's really plot-important important or enjoyable.

Kinda, especially if I'm really into a show.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic