General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 4,501 to 4,520 of 10,221

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,501. Posted:

@Konata
If you want to get a feel for what it's like, I could send you a subbed episode.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

Konata

4,502. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@Konata
If you want to get a feel for what it's like, I could send you a subbed episode.

Oh and another thing, I'm not sure if it's age appropriate for me.
(That's another reason i'm sorta avoiding it. My parents might not approve.)

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,503. Posted:

@Konata
How old are you? (I'm 14 BTW)

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

4,504. Posted:

Is it wrong if I've only considered watching Death Note because of its popularity? My friends have cosplayed as the characters and reference the creepy laughing and potato chip scene often. That's really all I know about the series :p

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Konata

4,505. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@Konata
How old are you? (I'm 14 BTW)

Ha I'm 14 also.
But again. Even if it is TV-14, my parents might deny me.

Visit my K-Pop lair!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,506. Posted:

@Magikarp
It's okay. I actually was just browsing Netflix for an anime to watch, I didn't know anything of the fandom, and I fell in love with it.

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,507. Posted:

@Konata
Well, the thing is it discusses, deals with, and shows quite dark theme,s but it's never terribly graphic. Such as there is blood, but not in large amounts. However, as you can probably tell, there is a LOT of death in Death Note.

AuthorMessage

RR529

4,508. Posted:

@Konata, Death Note is a shonen series, which means teenagers (more specifically teenage boys) are it's target audience, but I'll also say that it's probably the darkest shonen series I've ever seen.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Konata

4,509. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@Konata
Well, the thing is it discusses, deals with, and shows quite dark theme,s but it's never terribly graphic. Such as there is blood, but not in large amounts. However, as you can probably tell, there is a LOT of death in Death Note.

I kinda guessed there would be DEATH.
I'll think about watching it. Again, I probably wont.
As i'm watching other things at the moment
Oreshura
Maid-sama
Clannad-after story
Are taking up my time right now x3.

Edited on by Konata

Visit my K-Pop lair!

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,510. Posted:

@Everyone
Here's the opening, it's from an odd video site (some sorta religious one, why an opening for Death Note is on there IDK) but it's impossible to find on youtube now.

http://welcome.pokrov.com/en/video/viwvieo/984/fimy-imultfimy...

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,511. Posted:

@Konata
Would you recommend those animes you listed?

AuthorMessage

Shy_Kai

4,512. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

Konata wrote:

@Rocko52
I know the gist of it, but that kind of anime doesn't interest me that much.

What "type" of anime?

@Sky_Kia
Would you recommend Liar Game?

Yup- I'd definately reccomend Liar Game. Unfortunately it doesn't have an anime so you'd have to read the manga. Its different but similar to deathnote, in that they both explore "human nature". It mightn't be your cup of tea but give it a try! Have you tried watching Code Geass? This is really good too!

Shy_Kai

3DS Friend Code: 3024-4966-4489

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,513. Posted:

@Sky_Kai
If it's anything like Death Note, I'd most likely enjoy it a lot.

AuthorMessage

Shy_Kai

4,514. Posted:

@Konata

Do you mean Kaichou wa Maid-sama?!? If so, it is such a cute little manga!

Shy_Kai

AuthorMessage

Konata

4,515. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@Konata
Would you recommend those animes you listed?

Well all the anime I usally watch are girly. Not sure if you'd enjoy them but i'll suggest some for you that are off the top of my head.(For Oreshura, I haven't watched enough to give you a good review.)
Ranma 1/2 is a classic. I very much suggest that one. It does have Bits and pieces of Fan-service. I don't know your views on that so i'll suggest it anyway.
Maid-sama is another semi-girly anime so I wouldn't suggest that for you.
Sket-Dance I haven't finished this one yet, but it's really funny and random. You'd probably like this one.

Sgt. Frog I've already suggested this, but seriously just go watch it now!

Edited on by Konata

Visit my K-Pop lair!

AuthorMessage

Konata

4,516. Posted:

Shy_Kai wrote:

@Konata

I sure am! I'm actually watching the anime because someone told me that it was better then the manga (Not sure if it is, since I just started watching it x3.)
I'm enjoying it so far!

Visit my K-Pop lair!

AuthorMessage

Shy_Kai

4,517. Posted:

@Rocko52

Liar Game unlike Deathnote is a seinen manga: it's targeted at a slightly older audience. I just found it to be a more plausible than Death Note. The main character, Akiyama is less eccentric and more genuine.

Shy_Kai

AuthorMessage

Shy_Kai

4,518. Posted:

Konata wrote:

Shy_Kai wrote:

@Konata

I sure am! I'm actually watching the anime because someone told me that it was better then the manga (Not sure if it is, since I just started watching it x3.)
I'm enjoying it so far!

I started reading it a while ago but I've forgotten where I stopped- I really must go back to it!

Have you tried watching/reading Gakuen Alice? It's a cute manga too!

Shy_Kai

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,519. Posted:

@Sky_Kai
I'll check it out. With Death Note, I understand the implausibility of some of it, but I just loved the dynamic between L and Light, both quirky, extremely intelligent characters. Also, the fact that Light starts out incredibly idealized is important, as it fits with the series' overall theme that power corrupts. Light starts out as a brilliant, deeply moral teenager, who becomes a ruthless homicidal maniac.

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

4,520. Posted:

@Sky_Kai
When you say cute anime/manga do you mean chibi, or that all the characters are just in adorable situations? Or is it the genre?