Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 4,101 to 4,120 of 11,568

Magikarp3

Finally finished up Durarara, and I gotta say I was a tad disappointed in that ending. I don't know why they dropped the whole mystery theme in the last couple of episodes, since that's what I thought was the strong point of the series. I also don't know why the fanbase seems to like Izaya so much - he's really the kind of guy I'd love to throw a vending machine at. The 2nd OVA though was unbelievably hilarious, and made watching the entire series so much more worthwhile.

So.. could someone please recommend me a comedy series, available on Crunchyroll or Funi's Youtube channel? I haven't really been keeping track of what's good lately.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

EdJericho

Konata wrote:

I just finished Squid Girl season two.

BAHSONEBDH. I don't want it to be over! I love that anime so much x3
and the ending was so sad! And who is that mysterious girl that only shows up at the season finales?
I wish there was a third season but alas, there is no news of one.
It sucks when anime ends >_<.

It's a popular series so there'll be a Season 3 without a doubt. There's plenty of material for the manga to cover.

As for the mystery girl she's Tanabe Kozue and it's implied she is also from the sea for how she talks and has a similar hat to Ika-chan's but to look like that of an octopus, on top of that her first two syllables of her name spell out tako which is Japanese for octopus.

PS3 / PS4 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

Arianabtd

EdJericho wrote:

Konata wrote:

I just finished Squid Girl season two.

BAHSONEBDH. I don't want it to be over! I love that anime so much x3
and the ending was so sad! And who is that mysterious girl that only shows up at the season finales?
I wish there was a third season but alas, there is no news of one.
It sucks when anime ends >_<.

It's a popular series so there'll be a Season 3 without a doubt. There's plenty of material for the manga to cover.

As for the mystery girl she's Tanabe Kozue and it's implied she is also from the sea for how she talks and has a similar hat to Ika-chan's but to look like that of an octopus, on top of that her first two syllables of her name spell out tako which is Japanese for octopus.

Thank you, now I'll be able to sleep at night without thinking about it x3.


Side note, what exactly is K-on about? I've heard about it but I'm not sure if I should watch it.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

EdJericho

@Retro_on_theGo

I'm really hoping KyoAni gets around to animating K-On! Highschool / College at some point. I'd imagine both would just be mixed into one series rather than two separate ones however.

@Konata

It's a good Slice of Life genre about 4 (eventually 5) girls being in the light-music club. I can't really describe it much since it's those "cute girls doing cute things" animes but the music is catchy (love the ending theme for season 2) and it tends to have its funny moments. If you've watched any previous Kyoto Animation works and enjoyed them then you should give K-On! a try.

Edited on by EdJericho

PS3 / PS4 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

Retro_on_theGo

@EdJericho I'd really love to see them animated too. I assume they'd be their own OVA's rather than mixed into one. Love your avatar btw.

@Konata EdJericho gave a pretty decent description. Just a cute, funny slice of life anime. Basically you just follow four (eventually five) girls' adventures in Highschool and their light music club. The music is fantastic IMO. I still listen to plenty of their songs. Can't get enough of Fua Fua Time. It's funny but really tries to be cute at time. I'd say you check it out.

Dezner

Konata wrote:

^Thanks guys, I will be sure and check it out!

Darn right ya will.

[/obvious K-ON fan]

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

Senate_Guard

kkslider5552000 wrote:

You know I enjoyed Steamboy more than I should have. I'm not often a fan of the ridiculously action-heavy movies, no matter how beloved, but this did stuff too well to not like. That being said, it is still...kinda stupid. Mainly the anti-war theme, which is kinda ruined in the ridiculously action obsessed movie where our main child protagonist ends up getting a guy killed with no reaction to it.

Worth watching for the animation alone and it's quite good at being a fun action adventure movie.

Good, you watched it AND liked it.

Steamboy is a great anime because its anything BUT one. Plus, how many directors nowadays take a more unique approach to making an anime (or anime movie) besides recycling the same tried tropes endlessly?

At least it was a movie one could show to non-anime fans, or people simply unaware of it as a whole, and still feel good about themselves.

Loyal to Chancellor Palpatine!

Electricmastro

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Has anyone else heard of this anime? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagasarete_Airantou

I see it's a harem. That's enough for me to wait on even reading up on it. I haven't seen anything I really like from the harem genre.

Trust me, it puts character first and fan service second.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Dezner

Electricmastro wrote:

Has anyone else heard of this anime? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagasarete_Airantou

Dear god YES, I love Nagasarete Airantou!

It is still, to this day, the #1 show I want licensed so I can buy it.

I bought two figures of Suzu because I love her so much, and even imported an artbook that was made using art from the manga.

Great show, wish we could get the manga licensed too.

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

Arianabtd

I think I'm gonna go watch Nagasarete Airantou, but I noticed that it is english dubbed...
Should I go for the subs or dub?
When I start an anime with either a sub or dub I usually can't go and watch the opposite because I'm too used to the voices.
Suggestions?

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Electricmastro

Konata wrote:

I think I'm gonna go watch Nagasarete Airantou, but I noticed that it is english dubbed...
Should I go for the subs or dub?
When I start an anime with either a sub or dub I usually can't go and watch the opposite because I'm too used to the voices.
Suggestions?

There's a dub?

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Arianabtd

Electricmastro wrote:

Konata wrote:

I think I'm gonna go watch Nagasarete Airantou, but I noticed that it is english dubbed...
Should I go for the subs or dub?
When I start an anime with either a sub or dub I usually can't go and watch the opposite because I'm too used to the voices.
Suggestions?

There's a dub?

I THINK There's a dub, I found it somewhere but I didn't click it.
Ill go check again.

Edit:
DURR. I was wrong, there isn't a dub. I feel so stupid now.

Edited on by Arianabtd

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Dezner

Haha, you got my hopes up and everything! Great show though, hope you enjoy it.

Suzu FTW <3 Yui Horie has been one of my favorite voice actresses ever since I first heard her in Love Hina. She has such a lovely and energetic voice! ^_^

Edited on by Dezner

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

EdJericho

@Konata

I always go with sub since it's the way it was originally done then eventually rewatch it dubbed or at least skim through some of the episodes dubbed to see how they did compared to the Japanese version. It's no surprise to get used to one over the other but you can get used to it. I originally watched Sailor Moon dubbed when it aired back then but now mainly watch it subbed.

@Dezner

Yui Horie is an amazing seiyuu, her voice is just so loveable. Speaking of her and seeing your sig reminds me two of my Brawl taunt quotes are "Hauu~" and "Uguu~"

Edited on by EdJericho

PS3 / PS4 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic