Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 4,101 to 4,120 of 11,878

Dezner

Konata wrote:

^Thanks guys, I will be sure and check it out!

Darn right ya will.

[/obvious K-ON fan]

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

PanicPuppet92

kkslider5552000 wrote:

You know I enjoyed Steamboy more than I should have. I'm not often a fan of the ridiculously action-heavy movies, no matter how beloved, but this did stuff too well to not like. That being said, it is still...kinda stupid. Mainly the anti-war theme, which is kinda ruined in the ridiculously action obsessed movie where our main child protagonist ends up getting a guy killed with no reaction to it.

Worth watching for the animation alone and it's quite good at being a fun action adventure movie.

Good, you watched it AND liked it.

Steamboy is a great anime because its anything BUT one. Plus, how many directors nowadays take a more unique approach to making an anime (or anime movie) besides recycling the same tried tropes endlessly?

At least it was a movie one could show to non-anime fans, or people simply unaware of it as a whole, and still feel good about themselves.

PanicPuppet92

Electricmastro

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Has anyone else heard of this anime? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagasarete_Airantou

I see it's a harem. That's enough for me to wait on even reading up on it. I haven't seen anything I really like from the harem genre.

Trust me, it puts character first and fan service second.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Dezner

Electricmastro wrote:

Has anyone else heard of this anime? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagasarete_Airantou

Dear god YES, I love Nagasarete Airantou!

It is still, to this day, the #1 show I want licensed so I can buy it.

I bought two figures of Suzu because I love her so much, and even imported an artbook that was made using art from the manga.

Great show, wish we could get the manga licensed too.

Uguu!

Twitter:

Arianabtd

I think I'm gonna go watch Nagasarete Airantou, but I noticed that it is english dubbed...
Should I go for the subs or dub?
When I start an anime with either a sub or dub I usually can't go and watch the opposite because I'm too used to the voices.
Suggestions?

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Electricmastro

Konata wrote:

I think I'm gonna go watch Nagasarete Airantou, but I noticed that it is english dubbed...
When I start an anime with either a sub or dub I usually can't go and watch the opposite because I'm too used to the voices.
Suggestions?

There's a dub?

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

Arianabtd

Electricmastro wrote:

Konata wrote:

Suggestions?

There's a dub?

I THINK There's a dub, I found it somewhere but I didn't click it.
Ill go check again.

Edit:
DURR. I was wrong, there isn't a dub. I feel so stupid now.

Edited on by Arianabtd

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Dezner

Haha, you got my hopes up and everything! Great show though, hope you enjoy it.

Suzu FTW <3 Yui Horie has been one of my favorite voice actresses ever since I first heard her in Love Hina. She has such a lovely and energetic voice! ^_^

Edited on by Dezner

Uguu!

Twitter:

EdJericho

@Konata

I always go with sub since it's the way it was originally done then eventually rewatch it dubbed or at least skim through some of the episodes dubbed to see how they did compared to the Japanese version. It's no surprise to get used to one over the other but you can get used to it. I originally watched Sailor Moon dubbed when it aired back then but now mainly watch it subbed.

@Dezner

Yui Horie is an amazing seiyuu, her voice is just so loveable. Speaking of her and seeing your sig reminds me two of my Brawl taunt quotes are "Hauu~" and "Uguu~"

Edited on by EdJericho

PS3 / PS4 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

Dezner

Heh heh, yeah she's the best.

I LOVED her as Minorin in Toradora! too. Arguably my favorite performance for her!

Uguu!

Twitter:

RR529

Finally got around to watching part 3 of Cyber City OEDO 808 on YouTube last night! The subject matter of this last episode is a little unconventional for the series' theme, but just like the first two, it was really fun to watch.

Also read the newest chapter of Bleach today. There was a huge revelation this week (well, I sort of saw it coming, but it was exciting nonetheless).

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Front Mission Evolved

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

Electricmastro

Konata wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Konata wrote:

Suggestions?

How do you want to go about watching it?
There's a dub?

I THINK There's a dub, I found it somewhere but I didn't click it.
Ill go check again.

Edit:
DURR. I was wrong, there isn't a dub. I feel so stupid now.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic