General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 4,101 to 4,120 of 10,271

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

4,101. Posted:

You know I enjoyed Steamboy more than I should have. I'm not often a fan of the ridiculously action-heavy movies, no matter how beloved, but this did stuff too well to not like. That being said, it is still...kinda stupid. Mainly the anti-war theme, which is kinda ruined in the ridiculously action obsessed movie where our main child protagonist ends up getting a guy killed with no reaction to it.

Worth watching for the animation alone and it's quite good at being a fun action adventure movie.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

4,102. Posted:

Finally finished up Durarara, and I gotta say I was a tad disappointed in that ending. I don't know why they dropped the whole mystery theme in the last couple of episodes, since that's what I thought was the strong point of the series. I also don't know why the fanbase seems to like Izaya so much - he's really the kind of guy I'd love to throw a vending machine at. The 2nd OVA though was unbelievably hilarious, and made watching the entire series so much more worthwhile.

So.. could someone please recommend me a comedy series, available on Crunchyroll or Funi's Youtube channel? I haven't really been keeping track of what's good lately.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

EdJericho

4,103. Posted:

Konata wrote:

I just finished Squid Girl season two.

BAHSONEBDH. I don't want it to be over! I love that anime so much x3
and the ending was so sad! And who is that mysterious girl that only shows up at the season finales?
I wish there was a third season but alas, there is no news of one.
It sucks when anime ends >_<.

It's a popular series so there'll be a Season 3 without a doubt. There's plenty of material for the manga to cover.

As for the mystery girl she's Tanabe Kozue and it's implied she is also from the sea for how she talks and has a similar hat to Ika-chan's but to look like that of an octopus, on top of that her first two syllables of her name spell out tako which is Japanese for octopus.

PS3 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

3DS Friend Code: 4468-1047-3876 | Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

4,104. Posted:

Awesome! K-on Highschool is coming in America too! Sucks it's in October though! :( I'm more excited for K-on college though so I'm glad that comes out first in July!

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Konata

4,105. Posted:

EdJericho wrote:

Konata wrote:

I just finished Squid Girl season two.

BAHSONEBDH. I don't want it to be over! I love that anime so much x3
and the ending was so sad! And who is that mysterious girl that only shows up at the season finales?
I wish there was a third season but alas, there is no news of one.
It sucks when anime ends >_<.

It's a popular series so there'll be a Season 3 without a doubt. There's plenty of material for the manga to cover.

As for the mystery girl she's Tanabe Kozue and it's implied she is also from the sea for how she talks and has a similar hat to Ika-chan's but to look like that of an octopus, on top of that her first two syllables of her name spell out tako which is Japanese for octopus.

Thank you, now I'll be able to sleep at night without thinking about it x3.

Side note, what exactly is K-on about? I've heard about it but I'm not sure if I should watch it.

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

EdJericho

4,106. Posted:

@Retro_on_theGo

I'm really hoping KyoAni gets around to animating K-On! Highschool / College at some point. I'd imagine both would just be mixed into one series rather than two separate ones however.

@Konata

It's a good Slice of Life genre about 4 (eventually 5) girls being in the light-music club. I can't really describe it much since it's those "cute girls doing cute things" animes but the music is catchy (love the ending theme for season 2) and it tends to have its funny moments. If you've watched any previous Kyoto Animation works and enjoyed them then you should give K-On! a try.

Edited on by EdJericho

PS3 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

3DS Friend Code: 4468-1047-3876 | Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

4,107. Posted:

@EdJericho I'd really love to see them animated too. I assume they'd be their own OVA's rather than mixed into one. Love your avatar btw.

@Konata EdJericho gave a pretty decent description. Just a cute, funny slice of life anime. Basically you just follow four (eventually five) girls' adventures in Highschool and their light music club. The music is fantastic IMO. I still listen to plenty of their songs. Can't get enough of Fua Fua Time. It's funny but really tries to be cute at time. I'd say you check it out.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Konata

4,108. Posted:

^Thanks guys, I will be sure and check it out!

Visit my K-Pop lair!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

4,109. Posted:

Kids on the Slope is another good one :)

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Dezner

4,110. Posted:

Konata wrote:

^Thanks guys, I will be sure and check it out!

Darn right ya will. :p

[/obvious K-ON fan] :D

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

4,111. Posted:

Has anyone else heard of this anime? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagasarete_Airantou

Backloggery. Now playing: Rayman 2: The Great Escape, Pac-Man World, SteamWorld Dig, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV) and Ufouria: The Saga.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

Konata

4,112. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

Has anyone else heard of this anime? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagasarete_Airantou

I have not, but it looks pretty interesting.
An island populated by girls...
x3.

Visit my K-Pop lair!

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

4,113. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

I see it's a harem. That's enough for me to wait on even reading up on it. I haven't seen anything I really like from the harem genre.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Austroid

4,114. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

You know I enjoyed Steamboy more than I should have. I'm not often a fan of the ridiculously action-heavy movies, no matter how beloved, but this did stuff too well to not like. That being said, it is still...kinda stupid. Mainly the anti-war theme, which is kinda ruined in the ridiculously action obsessed movie where our main child protagonist ends up getting a guy killed with no reaction to it.

Worth watching for the animation alone and it's quite good at being a fun action adventure movie.

Good, you watched it AND liked it.

Steamboy is a great anime because its anything BUT one. Plus, how many directors nowadays take a more unique approach to making an anime (or anime movie) besides recycling the same tried tropes endlessly?

At least it was a movie one could show to non-anime fans, or people simply unaware of it as a whole, and still feel good about themselves. :P

My SSB4 Newcomers Wishlist - Update 5
"Menu (Melee) Ver. 2" will be my default menu theme on both versions of SSB4. Simply an epic, nostalgic reprise!

Nintendo Network ID: Austroid

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

4,115. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

I see it's a harem. That's enough for me to wait on even reading up on it. I haven't seen anything I really like from the harem genre.

Trust me, it puts character first and fan service second.

Backloggery. Now playing: Rayman 2: The Great Escape, Pac-Man World, SteamWorld Dig, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV) and Ufouria: The Saga.

AuthorMessage

Dezner

4,116. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

Dear god YES, I love Nagasarete Airantou!

It is still, to this day, the #1 show I want licensed so I can buy it.

I bought two figures of Suzu because I love her so much, and even imported an artbook that was made using art from the manga.

Great show, wish we could get the manga licensed too.

Uguu!

AuthorMessage

Konata

4,117. Posted:

I think I'm gonna go watch Nagasarete Airantou, but I noticed that it is english dubbed...
Should I go for the subs or dub?
When I start an anime with either a sub or dub I usually can't go and watch the opposite because I'm too used to the voices.
Suggestions?

Visit my K-Pop lair!

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

4,118. Posted:

Konata wrote:

I think I'm gonna go watch Nagasarete Airantou, but I noticed that it is english dubbed...
When I start an anime with either a sub or dub I usually can't go and watch the opposite because I'm too used to the voices.
Suggestions?

There's a dub?

AuthorMessage

Konata

4,119. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

Konata wrote:

Suggestions?

There's a dub?

I THINK There's a dub, I found it somewhere but I didn't click it.
Ill go check again.

Edit:
DURR. I was wrong, there isn't a dub. I feel so stupid now.

Edited on by Konata

Visit my K-Pop lair!

AuthorMessage

Dezner

4,120. Posted:

Haha, you got my hopes up and everything! :p Great show though, hope you enjoy it.

Suzu FTW <3 Yui Horie has been one of my favorite voice actresses ever since I first heard her in Love Hina. She has such a lovely and energetic voice! ^_^

Edited on by Dezner

Uguu!