General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 4,041 to 4,060 of 10,221

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

4,041. Posted:

Love the way chopper hids.
Untitled

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Droid Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

RR529

4,042. Posted:

I watched Shadow Skill 2 on YouTube last night!

They changed up the animation from the first one, and while it's not bad by any means, but it isn't as good as the animation in the first (I also didn't like the different character designs). It still has some great action, and a better story than the first, so it's still a fun watch.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

4,043. Posted:

Here are my favorite anime theme songs right here:

Gurren Lagann: Sorairo Days

Full Metal Alchemist: Melissa

Ouran High School Host Club: Maybe you're my love

Trigun (Opening)

Read or Die (OVA opening)

I'm gonna think of others in a sec...

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

4,044. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

undead_terror wrote:

At episode 86 in one piece, both episode 44 and 86 a sad :(

Yeah, I feel that the Arlong Park and Drum Island arcs were some of the more emotionally stronger arcs in the original series.

"original series"?

Anyways, nothing beats Water 7 and CP9 for emotional impact IMO.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Konata

4,045. Posted:

@CaptainMorpheus

I love the Maybe you're my love song, but the English version is awful. I can't stand it :3

Now that I think about it I think I'll post some of my favorite songs...

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

4,046. Posted:

Try not to post too many, though. One time we started crashing browsers, we embeded so many videos...

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Konata

4,047. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Try not to post too many, though. One time we started crashing browsers, we embeded so many videos...

Haha. Anyway, ill probably just add two or three.

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

4,048. Posted:

I'm thinking of taking a break from anime for the time being. I feel like I was drawn to anime because it was very different from my daily fare at the time, and thus something enjoyable and I picked out titles which I thought would be challenging to watch, because that's what I wanted. Nowadays there's enough challenge in my life already, and so watching anything feels like a trudge for rather little entertainment value. Following episodes, plotlines and even subtitles got a little much for my weary mind to handle.

I couldn't find a way of wording that without sounding lazy and close-minded :(

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

4,049. Posted:

Magikarp wrote:

I'm thinking of taking a break from anime for the time being. I feel like I was drawn to anime because it was very different from my daily fare at the time, and thus something enjoyable and I picked out titles which I thought would be challenging to watch, because that's what I wanted. Nowadays there's enough challenge in my life already, and so watching anything feels like a trudge for rather little entertainment value. Following episodes, plotlines and even subtitles got a little much for my weary mind to handle.

I couldn't find a way of wording that without sounding lazy and close-minded :(

HOW DARE YOU, YOU MUST WATCH ANIME EVER DAY!!1!

Nah, but I can see that. I guess.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

RR529

4,050. Posted:

I watched Iria Zeiram the Animation last night on YouTube (I believe this was one of the things @CanisWolfred recommended)!

It was long as heck (all six OVA episodes were posted as one 2 hour 40 minute video), but it was still really good. It kinda had an Outlaw Star vibe/look going on for it, IMO. There were also some very surprising moments (I won't spoil who, but there was one character I was very surprised to see killed off).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

4,051. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

I watched Iria Zeiram the Animation last night on YouTube (I believe this was one of the things @CanisWolfred recommended)!

It was long as heck (all six OVA episodes were posted as one 2 hour 40 minute video), but it was still really good. It kinda had an Outlaw Star vibe/look going on for it, IMO. There were also some very surprising moments (I won't spoil who, but there was one character I was very surprised to see killed off).

I thought you'd like it. :) It's actually one of my favorite OVAs that's not continuing a major series, though it is based on a manga. I can't remember who was killed off (Oh wait, now I remember! yeah that was a surprise), but I do remember being surprised by several things throughout it. And yeah, it does give off an Outlaw Star vibe.

For the record, my favorite OVA in general is GaoGaiGar Final. I thought the series ended perfectly before (er, minus the little kids getting married bit...) but no, this ended up being the epic ending the series deserved! It even gives Gurren Lagann a run for its money when it comes to epic action, especially in the last episode, which had me on the edge of my seat throughout most of the episode! Man, what a show...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

4,052. Posted:

I recently finished the Captain Kuro/Syrup Village arc of One Piece (yeah, I know I'm really behind) and this may not be saying much at this point but it was easily the best arc so far. Captain Kuro was an awesome villain and there were some great fight scenes. The story with Usopp and Kaya was quite nice but that episode which mainly consisted of Usopp running around like an idiot telling people that clearly aren't going to believe him about Kuro was awful. I also found the scene with Merry telling Kaya what happened after he was attacked to be narm as well as the scene where Usopp was saying his goodbyes to the Usopp pirates. I actually find the latter funnier than any intentionally funny scene. :D I noticed that the first movie came after that arc, is it worth watching? Also, I really like the first opening and was wondering if there is a full version of the English version of We are?

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

RR529

4,053. Posted:

I watched the first episode (out of three) of Cyber City OEDO 080 (or 808...) on YouTube last night!

This is an interesting sci-fi OVA, and I can't wait to watch the other two. It may have been a bit predictable, but it was enjoyable nonetheless.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

4,054. Posted:

where can i watch HD Fairy Tail ep. ?

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

4,055. Posted:

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

I'm pretty sure they're on Funimation's site.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

4,056. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

Yes,but they only go up to episode 48 and im on episode 125

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

4,057. Posted:

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

Yes,but they only go up to episode 48 and im on episode 125

Watch something else while you wait for them to catch up?

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

4,058. Posted:

^I rather just watch the rest in SD, its not a problem i just would prefer watching them in HD.

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

4,059. Posted:

FonistofCruxis wrote:

I noticed that the first movie came after that arc, is it worth watching?

Never mind, I found out that none of the movies have been dubbed so I probably won't be watching them.

Anyway, I recently finished watching Pandora Hearts and it was astounding! Its close behind Reborn as my 2nd favourite anime. Its got an excellent, complex, intriguing and unpredictable plot, almost every episode was excellent! It also has some great characters, my favourite characters are Oz, Gill, Break and the Chesire cat. Its got. It can be very dark at times but also has some very funny moments. Also, the opening theme, Parallel Hearts is one of the best I've heard!

I wish it hadn't ended after only 25 episodes though as the manga is still going. Its annoying when series end before their source material does like that. It ended for the same reason that Reborn did; it was catching up to the manga and the creators didn't want to make loads of filler. I don't see why they can't just give the series a break and resume it later though. There has been a year between the start of each 25 episode series of Bakuman. I'm not quite finished with the Pandora Hearts anime though as there are some OVAs that were on some of the DVD releases that can be found on the internet.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

4,060. Posted:

What's everyone's opinions on Neon Genesis Evangelion? (the original series) I watched the first episode, but I didn't think it was that great. Does it get better?

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown