Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 4,041 to 4,060 of 11,592

Arianabtd

CanisWolfred wrote:

Try not to post too many, though. One time we started crashing browsers, we embeded so many videos...

Haha. Anyway, ill probably just add two or three.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Magikarp3

I'm thinking of taking a break from anime for the time being. I feel like I was drawn to anime because it was very different from my daily fare at the time, and thus something enjoyable and I picked out titles which I thought would be challenging to watch, because that's what I wanted. Nowadays there's enough challenge in my life already, and so watching anything feels like a trudge for rather little entertainment value. Following episodes, plotlines and even subtitles got a little much for my weary mind to handle.

I couldn't find a way of wording that without sounding lazy and close-minded

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

kkslider5552000

Magikarp wrote:

I'm thinking of taking a break from anime for the time being. I feel like I was drawn to anime because it was very different from my daily fare at the time, and thus something enjoyable and I picked out titles which I thought would be challenging to watch, because that's what I wanted. Nowadays there's enough challenge in my life already, and so watching anything feels like a trudge for rather little entertainment value. Following episodes, plotlines and even subtitles got a little much for my weary mind to handle.

I couldn't find a way of wording that without sounding lazy and close-minded

HOW DARE YOU, YOU MUST WATCH ANIME EVER DAY!!1!

Nah, but I can see that. I guess.

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

RR529

I watched Iria Zeiram the Animation last night on YouTube (I believe this was one of the things @CanisWolfred recommended)!

It was long as heck (all six OVA episodes were posted as one 2 hour 40 minute video), but it was still really good. It kinda had an Outlaw Star vibe/look going on for it, IMO. There were also some very surprising moments (I won't spoil who, but there was one character I was very surprised to see killed off).

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Samurai Warriors: Katana

Recently Beat: Shantae & the Pirate's Curse, Tales of Vesperia, Kirby's Dream Land 2

CanisWolfred

RR529 wrote:

I watched Iria Zeiram the Animation last night on YouTube (I believe this was one of the things @CanisWolfred recommended)!

It was long as heck (all six OVA episodes were posted as one 2 hour 40 minute video), but it was still really good. It kinda had an Outlaw Star vibe/look going on for it, IMO. There were also some very surprising moments (I won't spoil who, but there was one character I was very surprised to see killed off).

I thought you'd like it. It's actually one of my favorite OVAs that's not continuing a major series, though it is based on a manga. I can't remember who was killed off (Oh wait, now I remember! yeah that was a surprise), but I do remember being surprised by several things throughout it. And yeah, it does give off an Outlaw Star vibe.

For the record, my favorite OVA in general is GaoGaiGar Final. I thought the series ended perfectly before (er, minus the little kids getting married bit...) but no, this ended up being the epic ending the series deserved! It even gives Gurren Lagann a run for its money when it comes to epic action, especially in the last episode, which had me on the edge of my seat throughout most of the episode! Man, what a show...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

FonistofCruxis

I recently finished the Captain Kuro/Syrup Village arc of One Piece (yeah, I know I'm really behind) and this may not be saying much at this point but it was easily the best arc so far. Captain Kuro was an awesome villain and there were some great fight scenes. The story with Usopp and Kaya was quite nice but that episode which mainly consisted of Usopp running around like an idiot telling people that clearly aren't going to believe him about Kuro was awful. I also found the scene with Merry telling Kaya what happened after he was attacked to be narm as well as the scene where Usopp was saying his goodbyes to the Usopp pirates. I actually find the latter funnier than any intentionally funny scene. I noticed that the first movie came after that arc, is it worth watching? Also, I really like the first opening and was wondering if there is a full version of the English version of We are?

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

RR529

I watched the first episode (out of three) of Cyber City OEDO 080 (or 808...) on YouTube last night!

This is an interesting sci-fi OVA, and I can't wait to watch the other two. It may have been a bit predictable, but it was enjoyable nonetheless.

Recently Beat: Shantae & the Pirate's Curse, Tales of Vesperia, Kirby's Dream Land 2

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis wrote:

I noticed that the first movie came after that arc, is it worth watching?

Never mind, I found out that none of the movies have been dubbed so I probably won't be watching them.

Anyway, I recently finished watching Pandora Hearts and it was astounding! Its close behind Reborn as my 2nd favourite anime. Its got an excellent, complex, intriguing and unpredictable plot, almost every episode was excellent! It also has some great characters, my favourite characters are Oz, Gill, Break and the Chesire cat. Its got. It can be very dark at times but also has some very funny moments. Also, the opening theme, Parallel Hearts is one of the best I've heard!

I wish it hadn't ended after only 25 episodes though as the manga is still going. Its annoying when series end before their source material does like that. It ended for the same reason that Reborn did; it was catching up to the manga and the creators didn't want to make loads of filler. I don't see why they can't just give the series a break and resume it later though. There has been a year between the start of each 25 episode series of Bakuman. I'm not quite finished with the Pandora Hearts anime though as there are some OVAs that were on some of the DVD releases that can be found on the internet.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

TheKingOfTown

What's everyone's opinions on Neon Genesis Evangelion? (the original series) I watched the first episode, but I didn't think it was that great. Does it get better?

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

CanisWolfred

@Fonis - Glad you're enjoying One Piece more. I personally quite liked the Kuro arc, and it only gets better from there. Doesn't get really awesome until the Arlong arc, though, but you're not that far away from it.

Also glad you liked Pandora Hearts. I thought that had a lot of potential. I wish I could've watched more of it, but the Rabbit girl kept creeping me the hell out. She reminded me a lot of a girl I kept having recurring nightmares of when I was younger.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

CanisWolfred

TheKingOfTown wrote:

What's everyone's opinions on Neon Genesis Evangelion? (the original series) I watched the first episode, but I didn't think it was that great. Does it get better?

Drop it right now and watch the movies, darnit. They're way better without taking up as much time.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

RR529

I watched the second episode of Cyber City Oedo 808 last night on YouTube!

These OVAs have been really good! I think they may have "intensified" the dialog a bit during dubbing (as in adding in some extra cussing for the heck of it), but I've never saw the JPN versions, so I can't be sure.

The animation & action are great, though, and I love the comedic chemistry between Sengoku and his robot (they could easily have their own "buddy cop" show).

RR529

I posted my weekly Toonami roundup on the Toonami thread this week.

(Sorry for the double post, BTW).

Arianabtd

I finally picked a couple of my favorite Anime Opening/ending songs:

Squid Girl opening
It's so ridiculously bubbly!

Subscribe to Nintendo Life on YouTube

Skip Beat ending song 2
I don't know why I'm drawn to this song so much :3

Baka and Test -Summon the beasts- opening 1
Again, I love bubbly anime songs :3

:3

Edited on by Arianabtd

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic