General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 4,001 to 4,020 of 9,391

AuthorMessage

Konata

4,001. Posted:

EdJericho wrote:

Konata wrote:

I just sped/speed watched the first season of The idol M@ster on the crunchy roll app. (it's finally working for me.)
I really enjoy it, but it's getting a little boring...

When you say first season do you mean the 1st half of Idolmaster?? or were you referring to Idolmaster Xenoglossia??

Oops! I guess I meant to say the first half x3.

3 Year obsessed K-Pop veteran. I'm a walking K-Pop Wiki :3.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

EdJericho

4,002. Posted:

Konata wrote:

lol That's good because Xenoglossia wasn't great. Idolmaster on the other hand was very enjoyable for me. I guess it's more a series targeted to the fans of the games so I can understand why you'd find it getting a little boring. The series does pick up a bit during the 2nd half for some of the characters but I won't say for who so I don't spoil it.

PS3 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

3DS Friend Code: 4468-1047-3876 | Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

AuthorMessage

Konata

4,003. Posted:

EdJericho wrote:

Konata wrote:

lol That's good because Xenoglossia wasn't great. Idolmaster on the other hand was very enjoyable for me. I guess it's more a series targeted to the fans of the games so I can understand why you'd find it getting a little boring. The series does pick up a bit during the 2nd half for some of the characters but I won't say for who so I don't spoil it.

I think ill keep with it :D

Anyway, has anyone watched the movie Summer Wars?(its either war or wars, I can't remember) I was interested in checking it out, but I'd like some opinions first.

Visit my K-Pop lair!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

4,004. Posted:

Konata wrote:

EdJericho wrote:

Konata wrote:

I think ill keep with it :D

Anyway, has anyone watched the movie Summer Wars?(its either war or wars, I can't remember) I was interested in checking it out, but I'd like some opinions first.

Yes, the movie is great,awesome,fantastic. Watch it, its really good. Also if you've seen Digimon the movie you'll find some refrences to the movie.
Watch it Now I cant stress this enough

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

4,005. Posted:

^Indeed. I'll admit that it takes a lot of ideas from the second Digimon Movie, but it does it so much better.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Dezner

4,006. Posted:

Damn, I just realized I'm watching 6 currently simulcasted series. That's usually two more than I've been accustomed to. :p

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

Konata

4,007. Posted:

EdJericho wrote:

Konata wrote:

The series does pick up a bit during the 2nd half for some of the characters but I won't say for who so I don't spoil it.

I just finished the Makoto episode, I feel so sorry for her, all she wants to be is a girl :3
Anyway, I'm glad I kept with it, it's picking up.

Visit my K-Pop lair!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

4,008. Posted:

Dezner wrote:

Damn, I just realized I'm watching 6 currently simulcasted series. That's usually two more than I've been accustomed to. :p

What ones? I'm trying to watch some, but I get too indecisive. I got 24 I want to try, and so little time to try them!

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

4,009. Posted:

Watched Cybernetics Guardian last night on YouTube!

It's the first thing I've seen on there that I didn't like. I guess I was setting myself up for disapointment, though.

Based on the title & world, I was expecting something a little more along the lines of "Ghost in the Shell" or "Appleseed", and instead got the story of a dark cult releasing an anchient evil upon the world (which happens to take place in a futuristic setting). Even still, there was just something about it's feel, that I didn't care for.

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

Konata

4,010. Posted:

Oh my word! just finished Summer Wars and Holy Crap, was it awesome!

I Was very impressed with it. Really glad I watched it :D

But blah, they blame everything on the US military x3.

Visit my K-Pop lair!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

4,011. Posted:

Konata wrote:

Yeah, any time the U.S. Military is involved in an anime, you can bet your bottom dollar that they'll be portrayed as the bad guys. :P Anyways, glad you liked it! It really is a good movie.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

4,012. Posted:

I espesially liked this part in Summer Wars

(couldnt find video with original audio)

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

4,013. Posted:

I'm genuinely fascinated to see where Shin Sekai Yori goes. Episode 5 and it's already more compelling than most anime (though granted, I think it's more compelling than it is enjoyable for me, if that makes any sense)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

RR529

4,014. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Konata wrote:

Yeah, any time the U.S. Military is involved in an anime, you can bet your bottom dollar that they'll be portrayed as the bad guys. :P Anyways, glad you liked it! It really is a good movie.

I actually can't think of an anime I've seen, where the U.S. military was the antagonist. The closest thing I've seen to that was in Spriggan, but even then, the villains were a rouge segment of the Pentagon, that the rest of the military/U.S. govt didn't even know about.

Anyhow, I watched Shadow Skill 1 last night on YouTube!

This one's another martial arts flick. Not as campy as the Fatal Fury stuff, Gowcaizer, or Battle Arena Toshinden, but it's also quite a bit bloodier. All in all, if you liked the others, I think this was good as well.

Although, whomever did Ryoko's voice in the original Tenchi would have been a great match for the female lead in Shadow Skill (Ella, I believe?). All I could think about whenever she talked, was how great of a fit that could have been.

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

Dezner

4,015. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

What ones? I'm trying to watch some, but I get too indecisive. I got 24 I want to try, and so little time to try them!

Hm, let's see! :o Let's just say my preferred genre is blatantly obvious to many people. :p Also, whoops, actually 7. :D

OreShura
Pet Girl of Sakurasou
Vividred Operation
Haganai NEXT
Da Capo III
Naruto Shippuuden & Rock Lee spin-off

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

KonataIzumi

4,016. Posted:

Summer Wars is amazing and since the guy who did Digi worked on it the fact it uses certain elements makes sense. Loved Kazuma :D

KonataIzumi

Nintendo Network ID: Kokatsu | Twitter: kokatsu

AuthorMessage

EdJericho

4,017. Posted:

@Konata - Good to hear you're liking the 2nd half. Also, lots of animes tend to blame the US government in some ways. It's kinda like US tv shows blame the middle east for ordeals. :P

@Dezner - I'm watching like 15 animes that are currently airing.

PS3 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

3DS Friend Code: 4468-1047-3876 | Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

4,018. Posted:

Pretty awesome car chase.

Backloggery. Now playing: Spyro: Year of the Dragon, Gex, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Final Fantasy V, and Knuckles the Echidna in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sonic Classic Collection).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

4,019. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

RUPAN DA THIRD :D

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

4,020. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

RUPAN DA THIRD :D

Rather, the Castle of Cagliostro. :P

Backloggery. Now playing: Spyro: Year of the Dragon, Gex, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Final Fantasy V, and Knuckles the Echidna in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sonic Classic Collection).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro