Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 4,001 to 4,020 of 1

Arianabtd

EdJericho wrote:

Konata wrote:

Oops! I guess I meant to say the first half x3.

The series does pick up a bit during the 2nd half for some of the characters but I won't say for who so I don't spoil it.

I just finished the Makoto episode, I feel so sorry for her, all she wants to be is a girl :3
Anyway, I'm glad I kept with it, it's picking up.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Dezner wrote:

Damn, I just realized I'm watching 6 currently simulcasted series. That's usually two more than I've been accustomed to.

What ones? I'm trying to watch some, but I get too indecisive. I got 24 I want to try, and so little time to try them!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

RR529

Watched Cybernetics Guardian last night on YouTube!

It's the first thing I've seen on there that I didn't like. I guess I was setting myself up for disapointment, though.

Based on the title & world, I was expecting something a little more along the lines of "Ghost in the Shell" or "Appleseed", and instead got the story of a dark cult releasing an anchient evil upon the world (which happens to take place in a futuristic setting). Even still, there was just something about it's feel, that I didn't care for.

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Front Mission Evolved

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

Arianabtd

Oh my word! just finished Summer Wars and Holy Crap, was it awesome!

I Was very impressed with it. Really glad I watched it

But blah, they blame everything on the US military x3.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

CanisWolfred

Konata wrote:

Yeah, any time the U.S. Military is involved in an anime, you can bet your bottom dollar that they'll be portrayed as the bad guys. Anyways, glad you liked it! It really is a good movie.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

kkslider5552000

I'm genuinely fascinated to see where Shin Sekai Yori goes. Episode 5 and it's already more compelling than most anime (though granted, I think it's more compelling than it is enjoyable for me, if that makes any sense)

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

RR529

CanisWolfred wrote:

Konata wrote:

Yeah, any time the U.S. Military is involved in an anime, you can bet your bottom dollar that they'll be portrayed as the bad guys. Anyways, glad you liked it! It really is a good movie.

I actually can't think of an anime I've seen, where the U.S. military was the antagonist. The closest thing I've seen to that was in Spriggan, but even then, the villains were a rouge segment of the Pentagon, that the rest of the military/U.S. govt didn't even know about.

Anyhow, I watched Shadow Skill 1 last night on YouTube!

This one's another martial arts flick. Not as campy as the Fatal Fury stuff, Gowcaizer, or Battle Arena Toshinden, but it's also quite a bit bloodier. All in all, if you liked the others, I think this was good as well.

Although, whomever did Ryoko's voice in the original Tenchi would have been a great match for the female lead in Shadow Skill (Ella, I believe?). All I could think about whenever she talked, was how great of a fit that could have been.

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

Dezner

CanisWolfred wrote:

What ones? I'm trying to watch some, but I get too indecisive. I got 24 I want to try, and so little time to try them!

Hm, let's see! Let's just say my preferred genre is blatantly obvious to many people. Also, whoops, actually 7.

OreShura
Pet Girl of Sakurasou
Vividred Operation
Haganai NEXT
Da Capo III
Naruto Shippuuden & Rock Lee spin-off

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

KonataIzumi

Summer Wars is amazing and since the guy who did Digi worked on it the fact it uses certain elements makes sense. Loved Kazuma

KonataIzumi

Nintendo Network ID: Kokatsu | Twitter:

EdJericho

@Konata - Good to hear you're liking the 2nd half. Also, lots of animes tend to blame the US government in some ways. It's kinda like US tv shows blame the middle east for ordeals.

@Dezner - I'm watching like 15 animes that are currently airing.

PS3 / PS4 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

RR529

Toonami Saturday night (part 1)!

Bleach - missed it.

Naruto - missed it.

ThunderCats - Finally! Some contact with some more cats (well, cat).

Samurai 7 - Great finale. It was sad, but there was some great action, and a fitting end.

RR529

Toonami Saturday night (part 2)!

Sym-Bionic Titan - So, the military apparently has it's own giant fighting robot now, awesome! (Also, I love how some random general apparently has the authority to both commission & mobilize a giant fighting robot whenever he feels like it, lol).

Eureka 7 - Awesome episode! I couldn't help but smile when Renton & Eureka reunited. The action was top notch as well.

Tenchi Muyo! GXP - Pretty par for the course as far as this show goes, but they finally have their own cabbit, so it's finally starting to feel a bit more like Tenchi.

Final-Starman

Started watching Night Raid 1931. It's really good!

"Come and get me loser! Spankety Spankety Spankety!" -Pokey
"Yesno It is isn't." -Moonsidian
"Shoot! I missed!" - Loid/Lloyd
Fobbies are... Borange!
TONDA GOSSA!
Nintendo Network ID: The-Ness
ROOOOLIIING STAAAAAART!
↑ & ↓ & ↻
Recently played: Sonic The Hedgehog (IOS)

Blaze

I've reached Episode 8 of Code Geass. Really awesome so far! The characters are all brilliant, and the plot seems to be thickening; I'm sure the next few episodes are gonna be interesting.

Arianabtd

Just finished watching Skip Beat!

I didn't think I'd enjoy it because, I didn't really like the animating style, but I ended up loving it!
It was very good, but the ending made me mad >_<. It's like a total cliff hanger!
Dang it.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

CanisWolfred

Konata wrote:

Just finished watching Skip Beat!

I didn't think I'd enjoy it because, I didn't really like the animating style, but I ended up loving it!
It was very good, but the ending made me mad >_<. It's like a total cliff hanger!
Dang it.

Oh yeah, I always hear lots of good things about Skip Beat! I never tried it myself, though, since I rarely get into Shoujo.

BTW, have you seen Sket Dance? That title made me think of it. It's a pretty funny show from what I've seen.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic