General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 3,921 to 3,940 of 10,309

AuthorMessage

Austroid

3,921. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Untitled

I randomly found this for 6 bucks. Cool.

Nice! Its well-worth the bucks. :)

Another movie I got awhile ago was Summer Wars; and while I liked it, too much of it was like the Digimon movie. I know it was directed by the same guy who did the Digimon movies, but couldn't he of tryed a little harder to NOT make the same movie (Season One's "Our War Game!") again, except about 3 times as long?

UntitledUntitled
I really want that Digimon poster.

Edited on by Austroid

My SSB4 Newcomers Wishlist - Update 5
There's no such thing as "true fans." Only dedicated ones.

Nintendo Network ID: Austroid

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,922. Posted:

Toonami Saturday Night! (Part 1)

Bleach - Just caught the tail end of it, where Stark was using the Super Ghost Kamikaze Atta... umm... err... exploding spirit wolves???

Naruto - Pretty cool episode. Their teacher was finally freed, and beat the villain with his own style.

ThunderCats - Yay! they finally found some more cats, I wonder when they were going to start actually gathering an army (you know, to fight the villain's army). Oh wait, these cats are technically dead, sort of...

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,923. Posted:

Toonami Saturday Night (Part 2)!

Missed Samurai 7 & Sym-Bionic Titan.

Eureka 7 - Holland finally realizes that Renton has to be Eureka's partner, and It's been revealed that Charles & Ray are after the Gekko (uh oh).

Tenchi Muyo GXP - Finally an actual main Tenchi character gets some screen time (it's just Ryo-Ohki, but hey, at least it's something).

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Dezner

3,924. Posted:

undead_terror wrote:

How many people here go on anime forums anyway? I might join one but only if the community is good.

I've been going to my "home" forum since 2001, back when it focused on DBZ. It had a Naruto focus later on, but now it's just a general place to hang out, limping through periods of inactivity throughout the years. :)

...Now I feel old. :(

Edited on by Dezner

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

3,925. Posted:

So for some reason I started watching Durarara. I'm liking it so far - I'm not sure why Holo from Spice and Wolf was in the first episode, but that's not necessarily a bad thing :D

There's so many characters though...

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,926. Posted:

Well, don't just hog it to yourself, Dezner. What's its name?

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,927. Posted:

Magikarp wrote:

So for some reason I started watching Durarara. I'm liking it so far - I'm not sure why Holo from Spice and Wolf was in the first episode, but that's not necessarily a bad thing :D

There's so many characters though...

Don't worry, the series does an amazing job at letting you get to know most of these characters.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

3,928. Posted:

Funny how in one piece, they put no effort in for moving water but later they made the water move :p

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL...no Wii U yet.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,929. Posted:

Just watched an 80's anime movie called Appleseed on YouTube.

It was pretty good. Reminded me of Ghost in the Shell quite a bit (what with an elite special forces unit combating terrorists in a futuristic society).

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Dezner

3,930. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Well, don't just hog it to yourself, Dezner. What's its name?

A boring name, actually! :p The Center Network! It's not much of a "network" anymore, though.

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

Konata

3,931. Posted:

I just found out, that my Ouran HSHC Boxed manga set is coming tomorrow! I'm so very excited!

When it comes I'm going to lock myself inside of my room, and read all 18 volumes >: D

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

3,932. Posted:

I'm liking Durarara a lot more than I thought I would! I know who all the characters in the opening sequence are, which is a bit of a surprise since there were like 15. The structure of the episodes also feels really fresh, and the ways each plot arc intersects with another keeps me excited. The modal jazz soundtrack is... unorthodox, but it'll do, and the ending theme is annoyingly catchy if a little generic.

All in all superb so far! I don't usually like "myth arc" shows much, but this one's been really good.

AuthorMessage

Raylax

3,933. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

It was pretty good. Reminded me of Ghost in the Shell quite a bit (what with an elite special forces unit combating terrorists in a futuristic society).

There's a 2004 Appleseed film done in CGI that's also well worth watching (and its sequel, Appleseed Ex Machina). Its not exactly a remake, more a re-interpretation - they're both adapted from the same source manga.

Untitled

Edited on by Raylax

ACNF: Visit Somni! DC: 7000 3442 7110
theblackdragon: ahaha perfect response to that thread, raylax
theblackdragon: eff your other responses, though
theblackdragon: all of them
theblackdragon: in the entire history of ever >:[
theblackdragon: they've all sucked

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,934. Posted:

Raylax wrote:

RR529 wrote:

There's a 2004 Appleseed film done in CGI that's also well worth watching (and its sequel, Appleseed Ex Machina). Its not exactly a remake, more a re-interpretation - they're both adapted from the same source manga.

Untitled

That's actually the one I was looking for (I remember seeing it at Wal-Mart a few years ago), but YouTube only had it in Russian.

I found out that it was created by Masamune Shirow, though, so the similarity I noticed to Ghost in the Shell in style wasn't just coincidence, lol.

BTW, there's also an even earlier work of his on YouTube, called Black Magic M-66 (despite the title, it's a sci-fi flick, like his other work), and it's pretty good as well.

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

3,935. Posted:

Was just finally reading Vol. 65 of One Piece...

...And I remember why I love it so much. There's just so many powerful moments! To Nothing made me shed a tear, and it wasn't even a sad moment. Gosh darn Oda, you're too good.

Also smiling Haki Luffy is awesome.
Untitled

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,936. Posted:

Just finished up chapter 525 of Bleach, myself. Kenpachi is slowly getting stronger (or more accurately, slowly releasing the mental shackles he subconsciously put on himself, in order not to completely obliterate any opponent he faces) in his training against Unohana.

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

DarkNinja9

3,937. Posted:

Magikarp wrote:

I'm liking Durarara a lot more than I thought I would! I know who all the characters in the opening sequence are, which is a bit of a surprise since there were like 15. The structure of the episodes also feels really fresh, and the ways each plot arc intersects with another keeps me excited. The modal jazz soundtrack is... unorthodox, but it'll do, and the ending theme is annoyingly catchy if a little generic.

All in all superb so far! I don't usually like "myth arc" shows much, but this one's been really good.

yeah durarara is one of those unique animes that are more like realistic then fictional story or something :p quiet fun non the less to watch could of had a few more episodes though D=

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,938. Posted:

Watched Escaflowne on YouTube last night.

Pretty good film, with some stuff for everyone. A tale of a resistance fighting an overbearing empire, some steampunk elements, feudal Japanese warlord society, magical telekinesis fights, a little romance, and mechs (magical dragon mechs at that).

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

SMEXIZELDAMAN

3,939. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Watched Escaflowne on YouTube last night.

Pretty good film, with some stuff for everyone. A tale of a resistance fighting an overbearing empire, some steampunk elements, feudal Japanese warlord society, magical telekinesis fights, a little romance, and mechs (magical dragon mechs at that).

But not enough romance ;______________________;

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

3,940. Posted:

DarkNinja9 wrote:

yeah durarara is one of those unique animes that are more like realistic then fictional story or something :p quiet fun non the less to watch could of had a few more episodes though D=

Durarara is... realistic? I thought it was the complete opposite!

Also, my ipod seems to be on its dying days so I might not be able to use it for much longer. Is there a way to watch anime on the 3DS? I think someone brought that up a while back. Otherwise, I might have to get a new ipod :(