Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 3,921 to 3,940 of 11,802

kkslider5552000

Magikarp wrote:

So for some reason I started watching Durarara. I'm liking it so far - I'm not sure why Holo from Spice and Wolf was in the first episode, but that's not necessarily a bad thing

There's so many characters though...

Don't worry, the series does an amazing job at letting you get to know most of these characters.

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

RR529

Just watched an 80's anime movie called Appleseed on YouTube.

It was pretty good. Reminded me of Ghost in the Shell quite a bit (what with an elite special forces unit combating terrorists in a futuristic society).

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Front Mission Evolved

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

Dezner

CanisWolfred wrote:

Well, don't just hog it to yourself, Dezner. What's its name?

A boring name, actually! The Center Network! It's not much of a "network" anymore, though.

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

Arianabtd

I just found out, that my Ouran HSHC Boxed manga set is coming tomorrow! I'm so very excited!

When it comes I'm going to lock myself inside of my room, and read all 18 volumes >: D

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Magikarp3

I'm liking Durarara a lot more than I thought I would! I know who all the characters in the opening sequence are, which is a bit of a surprise since there were like 15. The structure of the episodes also feels really fresh, and the ways each plot arc intersects with another keeps me excited. The modal jazz soundtrack is... unorthodox, but it'll do, and the ending theme is annoyingly catchy if a little generic.

All in all superb so far! I don't usually like "myth arc" shows much, but this one's been really good.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

Raylax

RR529 wrote:

Just watched an 80's anime movie called Appleseed on YouTube.

It was pretty good. Reminded me of Ghost in the Shell quite a bit (what with an elite special forces unit combating terrorists in a futuristic society).

There's a 2004 Appleseed film done in CGI that's also well worth watching (and its sequel, Appleseed Ex Machina). Its not exactly a remake, more a re-interpretation - they're both adapted from the same source manga.

Untitled

Edited on by Raylax

Raylax

Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

RR529

Raylax wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Just watched an 80's anime movie called Appleseed on YouTube.

It was pretty good. Reminded me of Ghost in the Shell quite a bit (what with an elite special forces unit combating terrorists in a futuristic society).

There's a 2004 Appleseed film done in CGI that's also well worth watching (and its sequel, Appleseed Ex Machina). Its not exactly a remake, more a re-interpretation - they're both adapted from the same source manga.

Untitled

That's actually the one I was looking for (I remember seeing it at Wal-Mart a few years ago), but YouTube only had it in Russian.

I found out that it was created by Masamune Shirow, though, so the similarity I noticed to Ghost in the Shell in style wasn't just coincidence, lol.

BTW, there's also an even earlier work of his on YouTube, called Black Magic M-66 (despite the title, it's a sci-fi flick, like his other work), and it's pretty good as well.

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Front Mission Evolved

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

TysonOfTime

Was just finally reading Vol. 65 of One Piece...

...And I remember why I love it so much. There's just so many powerful moments! To Nothing made me shed a tear, and it wasn't even a sad moment. Gosh darn Oda, you're too good.

Also smiling Haki Luffy is awesome.
Untitled

You don't die until you're dead!

Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

RR529

Just finished up chapter 525 of Bleach, myself. Kenpachi is slowly getting stronger (or more accurately, slowly releasing the mental shackles he subconsciously put on himself, in order not to completely obliterate any opponent he faces) in his training against Unohana.

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Front Mission Evolved

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

DarkNinja9

Magikarp wrote:

I'm liking Durarara a lot more than I thought I would! I know who all the characters in the opening sequence are, which is a bit of a surprise since there were like 15. The structure of the episodes also feels really fresh, and the ways each plot arc intersects with another keeps me excited. The modal jazz soundtrack is... unorthodox, but it'll do, and the ending theme is annoyingly catchy if a little generic.

All in all superb so far! I don't usually like "myth arc" shows much, but this one's been really good.

yeah durarara is one of those unique animes that are more like realistic then fictional story or something quiet fun non the less to watch could of had a few more episodes though D=

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

RR529

Watched Escaflowne on YouTube last night.

Pretty good film, with some stuff for everyone. A tale of a resistance fighting an overbearing empire, some steampunk elements, feudal Japanese warlord society, magical telekinesis fights, a little romance, and mechs (magical dragon mechs at that).

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Front Mission Evolved

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

SMEXIZELDAMAN

RR529 wrote:

Watched Escaflowne on YouTube last night.

Pretty good film, with some stuff for everyone. A tale of a resistance fighting an overbearing empire, some steampunk elements, feudal Japanese warlord society, magical telekinesis fights, a little romance, and mechs (magical dragon mechs at that).

But not enough romance ;______________________;

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

Magikarp3

DarkNinja9 wrote:

yeah durarara is one of those unique animes that are more like realistic then fictional story or something quiet fun non the less to watch could of had a few more episodes though D=

Durarara is... realistic? I thought it was the complete opposite!

Also, my ipod seems to be on its dying days so I might not be able to use it for much longer. Is there a way to watch anime on the 3DS? I think someone brought that up a while back. Otherwise, I might have to get a new ipod

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

CanisWolfred

RR529 wrote:

Watched Escaflowne on YouTube last night.

YAY!!!

RR529 wrote:

Pretty good film...

Oh...

...seriously, if you haven't, watch the series. While it has its ups and downs (Really rushed in the middle at least), it's much better than the film.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Arianabtd

I just finished both seasons of Baka and Test -Summon the Beasts-.
I know I said I wouldn't finish it, but I couldn't help myself.

I really like the comedy side of the anime, but there was WAY to much Fan-service for me to totally enjoy it all. But other then that, it was really funny and I enjoyed it.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Arianabtd

CanisWolfred wrote:

Your more of a trooper than I am, Konata. I couldn't make it through the first episode, I felt like the fanservice just killed it.

I guess (For me anyways) since I'm a girl I can tolerate it more, I just tried to ignore it all together. I mean if my brother watched it, I would seriously unplug his computer and throw it in a river.

Am I being sexist?
Eh I don't know. All I know is that ill make sure not to watch any more Fan service anime, I think I can only tolerate It once :3

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

RR529

CanisWolfred wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Watched Escaflowne on YouTube last night.

YAY!!!

RR529 wrote:

Pretty good film...

Oh...

...seriously, if you haven't, watch the series. While it has its ups and downs (Really rushed in the middle at least), it's much better than the film.

If I ever get a new iPod (or tablet) I'll look into the series. It's just that I only have access to YouTube (on my brother's 360), and since it's so hit & miss finding videos there, I'm sticking to whatever OVA's and films I can find, so I can finish a story in one sitting.

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Front Mission Evolved

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

Shining-Void

I started reading the Magi manga, and I'm enjoying it way more than the anime. Hopefully I'll have time to get into it during the weekend.

Shining-Void

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic