General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 3,901 to 3,920 of 10,478

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,901. Posted:

undead_terror wrote:

Just started watching one piece because it is the greatest thing ever

Good man.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,902. Posted:

@Undeadterror

Klyde Chroma wrote:

[center]Untitled[/center]

That goes out to Mickeymac for his suggestion of Gokudo to me ages ago..... It slipped into the realm of "to be watched" and I finally checked it out.... THIS is quality 90's slapstick fantasy anime if ever I have seen it! Makes me feel like I'm watching slayers (early seasons) all over again!

When you brought up Gokudo, I told someone else about it on another forum. They're very pleased with it so far, and would like to thank you.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

arizvega

3,903. Posted:

Does anybody like this anime movie?

http://www.yukianimereviews.com/images/sfapics1.JPG

SuperNES FAN!!!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,904. Posted:

arizvega wrote:

I know it has its fans. I'm not one of them, though, personally.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,905. Posted:

Finished up chaprer 524 of Bleach a couple of nights ago. There's been a lot of comedy relief lately (the Zero Division is an eccentric bunch), but it's understandable, seeing as how this will be their last chance for comedy before the final battle.

Getting pretty excited though. Lots of characters throughout the series history (whether they were friend or foe) are starting to gather and join up for the final confrontation with the Quincy.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,906. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

arizvega wrote:

I know it has its fans. I'm not one of them, though, personally.

I think they showed it on (the now defunct) Sy-Fy's Ani-Monday block.

Wasn't that the one where this guy had gathered all the fighters to some facility out in the middle of nowhere, and was draining their powers? (I believe there was also a scene where this kid with unbelievable power K.O.ed Zangief)

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,907. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Finished up chaprer 524 of Bleach a couple of nights ago. There's been a lot of comedy relief lately (the Zero Division is an eccentric bunch), but it's understandable, seeing as how this will be their last chance for comedy before the final battle.

Getting pretty excited though. Lots of characters throughout the series history (whether they were friend or foe) are starting to gather and join up for the final confrontation with the Quincy.

Does that make Ishida Uryuu the bad guy now?

And is Yoruichi still alive?

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

3,908. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

@Undeadterror

Klyde%20Chroma wrote:

That goes out to Mickeymac for his suggestion of Gokudo to me ages ago..... It slipped into the realm of "to be watched" and I finally checked it out.... THIS is quality 90's slapstick fantasy anime if ever I have seen it! Makes me feel like I'm watching slayers (early seasons) all over again!

When you brought up Gokudo, I told someone else about it on another forum. They're very pleased with it so far, and would like to thank you.

Glad to hear someone enjoyed the series and hope people will like my recommendations more.
One piece is awsome so far but the fact that it's a ongoing series and has over 550 eps!

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL...no Wii U yet.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

3,909. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

@Undeadterror

Klyde%20Chroma wrote:

Glad to hear someone enjoyed the series and hope people will like my recommendations more.
One piece is awsome so far but the fact that it's a ongoing series and has over 550 eps!

Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,910. Posted:

At least get through the Arlong Arc (ends at around ep. 44 I think). Or for a longer term goal, the Alabasta Arc. Those tend to be people's top favorite early arcs.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Austroid

3,911. Posted:

Untitled

Love this movie, and for many reasons. Its for the most part grounded and realistic, its all about actual human beings and the extremes of what science itself can bring upon the world. There's no anime magic, no talking animals or floating cutsey mascot things, no giant buster swords; just a beautiful, artistic look at life in the 19th century, and what technology would've been like if it was as advanced as it was in the movie.

My SSB4 Newcomers Wishlist - Update 5
Currently playing: (Wii) Sonic and the Black Knight (3DS) Smash Bros. 4
What's more childish: A harmless, goofy sidekick? Or people with borderline-psychotic murder fantasies of said sidekick?

Nintendo Network ID: Austroid

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,912. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Does that make Ishida Uryuu the bad guy now?

And is Yoruichi still alive?

Uryu has decided to sit this one out, for now. (I'm not sure if he even knows they're fighting Quincy. At the beginning of the arc, when it was revealed that Hueco Mundo was under attack, he just said it was against his principles to save Hollow/Arrancar, and the only enemy he was aware of was the Arrancar with Quincy abilities that attacked Ichigo, not that there are actual Quincies as well).

I'm sure he'll show up at some point, though.

As for Yoruichi, I haven't saw her since the fight with Aizen, but I don't think she died.

I'm interested in the fact that Ichigo now has Quincy abilities (I guess he has to be part everything, lol), and Juha Bach (the leader of the Quincy) called Ichigo his son.

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,913. Posted:

You know, I figured if you said something like "No, yes", I'd say "There's hope yet for Bleach!" But after giving me that explanation, I can't help but go "no, no, there is no hope for Bleach after all"...Because seriously. All of that was just freakin' stupid, IMO...

Austroid wrote:

Untitled

Love this movie, and for many reasons. Its for the most part grounded and realistic, its all about actual human beings and the extremes of what science itself can bring upon the world. There's no anime magic, no talking animals or floating cutsey mascot things, no giant buster swords; just a beautiful, artistic look at life in the 19th century, and what technology would've been like if it was as advanced as it was in the movie.

I always wanted to watch Steamboy. I like more grounded works sometimes. Like Dougram. Oh man, Dougram. I think I'll watch some of that tomorrow morning instead of One Piece.

Actually, most examples of that are either old school, or by people from the Old school. I wonder why no one else attempts to tell a more realistic story? Not counting slice of life works, that's different. Maybe you just gotta be old to be allowed to do something that ambitious?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

3,914. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

But after giving me that explanation, I can't help but go "no, no, there is no hope for Bleach after all"...Because seriously. All of that was just freakin' stupid, IMO...

Quote of the day right there.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

3,915. Posted:

How many people here go on anime forums anyway? I might join one but only if the community is good.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,916. Posted:

undead_terror wrote:

How many people here go on anime forums anyway? I might join one but only if the community is good.

I'm part of the Detective Conan community obviously but other than that, eh.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

DarkNinja9

3,917. Posted:

undead_terror wrote:

i have always been curious to join one but like which one i seen some cool ones while looking up some pictures to find what anime that character is from :p but never actually tried to join idk part of me wants to and then doesnt

anyway i finished toradora a few days back got to say i found it weird how it didnt end up like how i thought it would o.o not bad ending though but disappointed kinda on how they didnt show more about ami confessing or something since they had shown minori's side of things

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,918. Posted:

undead_terror wrote:

I've been to about 8 or more anime websites over the past 2 and half years. The best community I've seen is on MechaTalk, with AnimeNation's Forum in second place. The rest were just terrible in my opinion. Lots of trolls and uppity jerks.

MechaTalk is obviously a Mecha-focused forum. It's got some of the smartest, kindest, most thorough people I've ever met, but the forum is slow as molassas (generally only 20-30 posts a day throughout the whole forum), and non-Mecha discussion is even slower. I don't think you're a mecha fan, so I don't really recommend it.

AnimeNation is decent, though. It's a well-rounded site, and has a generally well-rounded community. Lots of odd-balls, not that many jerks and trolls - at least no more than you'll see on Nintendo Life. However, one of those jerks is a Mod, and there tends to be a lot of drama, though it's often restricted to the Off-Topic section. I usually only go there to see why a prominent menber was banned (it happened quite often while I was there), because sure enough, it was usually due to something in the Off-Topic section. Unless you like that stuff, I suggest avoiding it. There are a lot of cool members there, though - smart guys, smart@$$es, super nice guys and gals, people who love anime and people who don't. There are still some jerks who put their tastes on a pedastal and will criticize others for deviating from their "standards", but iirc, they tend to be quickly put in their place. Except Bernard_Monsha, since he's a moderator over there...just stay out of his way. Not perfect, but I enjoyed my stay there.

All that said, I haven't been to an anime forum in months, except for a few posts in Crunchyroll's forum, since I much prefer to talk to people around here and on RPGFan's Anime/Manga thread. Everyone here gets along and doesn't criticize others tastes (for the most part. I think I rag on RR529 too much, though), and we all seem to like good shows, even if not everyone knows of a lot of anime.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,919. Posted:

I'm not enough of an anime fan even after the past few years to be on a general anime fan. I would have to watch more than 1 new anime per season at best for starters... I mean, I was part of the shockingly tolerable Viz Naruto forums for like a minute. I was also part of Save One Piece, if anyone actually remembers that.

Austroid wrote:

Untitled

I randomly found this for 6 bucks. Cool.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

3,920. Posted:

So, thanks to Crunchyroll I have just discovered these little songs;

I actually have the SAO 8-BIT rendition in my library now. It's quite incredible how well that translated out to only a few sets of eight bits.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.