General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 3,841 to 3,860 of 10,586

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,841. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

For an anime I'm really enjoying, I hate Binbogami-ga's opening and ending songs. They're annoying.

You are no longer my friend. "Make My Day" is the greatest song in the history of the everything.

But speaking of "annoying" (<_<) songs, the first end theme of Hunter X Hunter is going to be the death of me if they don't change it soon.

they do. Once you get to the current episode, you might find this complaint amusing.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

DarkNinja9

3,842. Posted:

ok finished episode 16 of toradora but im like confused on one part not sure if you guys can fill me in >.<

the episode is about the whole love confessions and the school president leaving to study abroad but the part im confused is when ami chan says she is going to deliver taiga's wallet to her herself and then walks pass minori and whispers if her guilt is gone so wth she have to do with anything? e.O or leave it till the next episode?

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AuthorMessage

Dezner

3,843. Posted:

Keep watching! You're in for one hell of a ride. :)

(Man I really wish I could watch Toradora! for the first time all over again ;_; )

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

3,844. Posted:

I have been going through anime REALLY fast lately. Just finished Save me! Lollipop, and It was pretty good but It was so short!

Now I can't find anything I wanna watch >_<.

Edited on by Arianabtd

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,845. Posted:

Konata wrote:

I have been going through anime REALLY fast lately. Just finished Save me! Lollipop, and It was pretty good but It was so short!

I do that, too, except I never run out.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

3,846. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Konata wrote:

I do that, too, except I never run out.

Harr, Harr. Well I am sorta picky so It takes me a while to find stuff I really like, that doesn't bore me >_<.

Why am I so picky!?!?

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

Dezner

3,847. Posted:

Hmm, I lost track of all that you've watched. :p Can't think of any recommendations for you. :(

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

DarkNinja9

3,848. Posted:

Dezner wrote:

(Man I really wish I could watch Toradora! for the first time all over again ;_; )

ok dokies just felt like it might be something important you can say xD just hate when animes do that type of stuff and the next episode they dont even mention it or anything till later on with a flashback -_-

@konata same here the few animes i been watching have been 12 eps so it feels way to fast i feel like i might run out even though i made a list D= (btw whos that in your pic?)

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

3,849. Posted:

It's Shouko From the anime Baka and Test -Summon the beasts-

I sorta enjoy the anime but... It's getting way inappropriate. I'm probably gonna stop Watching it.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

3,850. Posted:

Dezner wrote:

Hmm, I lost track of all that you've watched. :p Can't think of any recommendations for you. :(

I made a list for future purposes :3

🌟Angel beats
🔱Ranma 1/2
💛Lucky star
😮The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
🔆full metal alchemist
📒Sgt. Frog
🍯Ouran high school host club
⚠Inuyasha
🚧Save me! lollipop
🎫Puchim@s
🚡Baka and test -summon the beasts-

(By the way, these are the ones I've seen and totally enjoyed, I never finish the ones that bore me to death.)

Edited on by Arianabtd

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,851. Posted:

^How did you get those strange characters?!

Anyways, I take it you like comedies and cute stuff?

DarkNinja9 wrote:

Dezner wrote:

ok dokies just felt like it might be something important you can say xD just hate when animes do that type of stuff and the next episode they dont even mention it or anything till later on with a flashback -_-

Yeah, I hate that, too. It's so annoying, showing what could be actual character development, only to null it the very next episode. Episodic shows tend to do that. It's why I can't really watch them. Except GaoGaiGar, of course.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

3,852. Posted:

Episode 6 of A Certain Magical Index is probably the only time I can remember where I sort of actually side with the "bad guy" , but side with the good guy in the end.

Backloggery. Now playing: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Pac-Man World, Rayman 2: The Great Escape, SteamWorld Dig, and Super Mario Advance.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

3,853. Posted:

@Konata, I thought your avatar was Kyou from the infamous Locker Room Scene in Clannad hahaha - If you liked Angel Beats and don't mind some slower pacing, then Clannad might be up your alley

Also @Canis, I haven't seen much in the way of episodic anime, but I remember Cowboy Bebop had brilliant non-linear character development. I assume it's one of the exceptions, though. The lack of continuity was one of the reasons I stepped away from western shows and started liking anime to begin with - it's way easier to keep consistent in a 24 episode anime rather than a 10 season long tv-show

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,854. Posted:

By episodic, I mean more like a Super Hero show. Oftentimes there'll be a lesson learned at the end of every episode...that is immediately forgotten the next episode. Or character developmemt that is reversed the next episode. And then there's slow-paced stories that take forever to build up. Ugh, I just don't like those types of shows unless they're more focused.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

3,855. Posted:

@CanisWolfred

Oh I always post on Nintendo life on my iPod, so it was a character keyboard I used when I made the list on my notes, so I didn't take off the characters when I copied it to the thread.
(That was super long for something that didn't need that much explaining :3)

Edited on by Arianabtd

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,856. Posted:

Yeah, you know for a long time I thought the cartoon vs. anime debate was dumb (it's still dumb) but I've started to change my mind kinda recently. And the better use of continuity is one, I love ridiculous long term continuity that works. I love animated series and animation but I don't pretend to be an expert or whatever but the best way I've seen it put, multiple times even, is that while animation is often treated as kids stuff in America and Japan, far more in Japan it's just treated more seriously and just as a way to tell stories. Seemingly every cartoon has to limit itself to a comedy series for kids or a comedy series for adults, unless it's the occasional superhero comic based series. Anime does usually limit itself for the major popular stuff but there's a lot more risks and use of different genres happening below that than cartoons seem to. Maybe I just missed those cartoons, I dunno.

I mean it's at least partially also "I like anime more nowadays just because" but still...cartoons can do so much more and often don't. Not that anime is always perfect and creative at times because there's probably more anime/manga that have tried to be DBZ than games that have tried to be Call of Duty or Halo and apparently until 2011 they were in sea of moe for a bit. But there's still a clear difference.

I think Symbionic Titan's cancellation really made me kinda not interested too much in American cartoons anymore. And Symbionic Titan, an American cartoon influenced by anime, was on American tv the same time Tiger and Bunny, a japanese anime influenced by western superheroes was and it shows at least a reasonwhy more different cartoons aren't around on tv. Symbionic Titan was made by one of the most beloved people in animated television in the past 2 decades and was highly praised and had at least decent enough ratings but didn't get a 2nd season for merchandise reasons (that was apparently a surprise to the people who knew about how most series don't get merchandise from 1 season). Tiger and Bunny is a show from an animation studio (or at least part of a studio or something) not known for great content that has a 2nd movie confirmed a year and a half after the season ended basically entirely because it is awesome (well also its brilliant use of advertising products within the series).

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,857. Posted:

@kkslider - I don't have anything to add to that, really, other than I agree whole-heartedly. The limiting genres is the single most painful aspect of cartoons. I don't know why we're still doing this when we have Avatar: The Last Airbender proving that western cartoons can tell stories, and can be financially viable while doing it. It's positively sickening.

...I guess I did have something to add. :/

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

3,858. Posted:

There's no argument to be made. People have just gotten accustomed to cartoons being nothing more than comedies because no one ever tries to go outside of that. Because of that cartoons have really been labeled hard with the whole "it's for kids" thing. It would most likely not succeed. Yeah, like you said, there's exceptions like Avatar: The Last Airbender but I don't see that sparking any flames. I'd love for there to be more cartoons that try to tell a good entertaining story. Honestly though, I'm fine with watching my animes for story and cartoons when ever I just want to laugh.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,859. Posted:

I don't really find cartoons to be funny anymore. :/

Gintama, on the other hand, is very funny.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

3,860. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I don't really find cartoons to be funny anymore. :/

Gintama, on the other hand, is very funny.

I'll agree with you there. Every cartoon lately either has way too much unnesecary vulgarity or is trying to be something you'd see on Adult Swim but for kids. Or just plain bad.

I've never seen Gintama so I'll just take your word on that.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery