General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 3,821 to 3,840 of 10,459

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

3,821. Posted:

I actually think that Naruto had better ending themes than opening themes. I really like the third opening though.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,822. Posted:

^It's a good song, but the vocalist's high pitched voice makes it difficult for me to enjoy. Seriously, it sounds like she sucked helium before singing that.

Actually, now that I think about it, I was not a fan of most One Piece openings after the first one (Amendment: usually the first opening is a proper judge of quality). The first one's really good, though.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,823. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

^It's a good song, but the vocalist's high pitched voice makes it difficult for me to enjoy. Seriously, it sounds like she sucked helium before singing that.

Actually, now that I think about it, I was not a fan of most One Piece Openings after the first one (Amendment: usually the first opening is a proper judge of quality). The first one's really good, though.

I actually really like it but the singer is pretty odd sounding.

I also agree that most of the One Piece openings aren't really that great. And yet somehow they last for like 50+ episodes at times.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,824. Posted:

Two of the three best ones only last for about 20 episodes each, IIRC. :(

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

3,825. Posted:

The first Naruto opening felt really camp-80's when I first heard it. The first ending was excellent though

Speaking of odd opening songs, everyone must see the Honey and Clover OP for themselves and revel in its hilarity. The show's actually rather excellent, but the OP has next to nothing to do with the show!

Edited on by Magikarp3

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Nintengirl

3,826. Posted:

I love Soul Eater's 1st opening (Haven't gotten to the 2nd one yet) and 1st ending. Didn't like the 2nd ending as much.

3DS Friend Code: 0989-1789-0282 Just tell me if you wanna swap codes. (Especially if you plan on getting AC: NL!)
NNID: Lady_Ghirahim You need to add me through your friend list, though.
Check out my Tumblr: http://the-unsolvable-riddle.tumblr.com/

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,827. Posted:

Nintengirl wrote:

I love Soul Eater's 1st opening (Haven't gotten to the 2nd one yet) and 1st ending. Didn't like the 2nd ending as much.

Those are two of my favorite songs ever, actually. The first OP was made by TM Revolution. They make a ton of great music, such as "Invoke" and "Sword Summit".

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,828. Posted:

Know what's annoying?

When you're in the middle of a manga chapter, your 3DS decides it can't load every image on the page, & for some reason always prioritizes the 3 identical Smokey the Bear (or State Farm) ads over the one image that happens to be the manga clip...

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,829. Posted:

My PSP used to do that. Hated it.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Konata

3,830. Posted:

Just finished the first volume of the Ouran HSHC manga.

I really liked it, But what's really annoying is that I have to wait till I have enough money to get the whole set, since my library only Carries the first one.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,831. Posted:

Looks like I'm done with the Bleach manga for now.

I can't get chapter 494 to load up, no matter what website I go to (it doesn't help that out of the literally dozens of manga sites out there, there are only 3 mobile ones. Mobile Manga is great & the one I'm using, but I just can't get the chapter to load here for some reason. MangaStream Mobile appears to be good, but they only seem to keep the 2 or 3 newest chapters up, which is useless for me at this point. MangaFox Mobile doesn't have it either, and even if they did, their images are way too blurry to really read anything using a 3DS, especially when you have to zoom in).

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

3,832. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Actually, now that I think about it, I was not a fan of most One Piece Openings after the first one (Amendment: usually the first opening is a proper judge of quality). The first one's really good, though.

I actually really like it but the singer is pretty odd sounding.

I also agree that most of the One Piece openings aren't really that great. And yet somehow they last for like 50+ episodes at times.

The only One Piece openings I love are We Are and We Go (I love the unabashed enthusiasm of them; they both just fit One Piece like gloves). I like the 3rd and 5th openings too, but beyond those, I don't think I really care for many of the show's other OPs. That might be the one area where I'd give Naruto and Bleach a definite edge over One Piece; generally speaking, I tend to like their OPs much more.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,833. Posted:

Since my Bleach reading is on Hiatus, I've read the first 2 chapters of Fairy Tail.

What I've liked so far: Natsu's dragon like magic is pretty cool, and trying to find his missing foster parent (which happens to be a dragon) sounds like a decent enough story incentive. Lucy's ability to summon is interesting (I'd like to see how this is handled outside of the video game realm).

Things I didn't like: Chapters drag on a little too long for my liking (I'd prefer if chapters were 20-30 pages long, but the first chapter in this was around 70, & the second around 45 I think). The art style isn't exactly my cup of tea (it looks like they're trying to mimic One Piece, IMO, and if I wanted to read something with this style, I'd probably just read One Piece, since it's supposedly superior). It's world seems a tad outlandish (this could be related to the art style, but it seems like they've set up the world for the sole purpose of parodying JRPGs, then instead of paroding them, they decide to try and take it seriously for the most part).

I'll probably look around for a bit, & if nothing else catches my eye, I'll come back to it.

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

3,834. Posted:

This is too cute, :3

From "A Certain Magical Index".

Untitled

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: Rayman 2: The Great Escape, Pac-Man World, SteamWorld Dig, The Legendary Starfy, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror and Ufouria: The Saga.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

3,835. Posted:

After, the last episode of Reborn that I saw, it's returned to form! No stupidly long recap, there wasn't too much going on and overall, it was an excellent episode! :) The one downside is that the new opening has a blatant spoiler as it shows one of the enemies fighting a main character that he hasn't fought yet. That same enemy is currently in a fight, so now I know that he won't be defeated. It hasn't made the fight any less awesome though.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,836. Posted:

Gintama continues to exceed my expectations, throwing in a lot of heartfelt emotion and intense action for what I thought was more of a comedy. Maybe I should watch the "Classic" reruns, seeing as I've yet to watch the rest of the show.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Konata

3,837. Posted:

Just started watching the anime shorts series Puchim@s.

It is THE CUTEST THING EVER.
But it's getting a tad weird...

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

3,838. Posted:

For an anime I'm really enjoying, I hate Binbogami-ga's opening and ending songs. They're annoying. Although the opening is starting to grow on me. The ending too but significantly less.
Welp, watched episode 7 today. All these random references are so funny. Oh. And I love Rindo Ranmaru! What a cool character.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,839. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

For an anime I'm really enjoying, I hate Binbogami-ga's opening and ending songs. They're annoying.

You are no longer my friend. "Make My Day" is the greatest song in the history of the everything.

But speaking of "annoying" (<_<) songs, the first end theme of Hunter X Hunter is going to be the death of me if they don't change it soon.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

3,840. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

For an anime I'm really enjoying, I hate Binbogami-ga's opening and ending songs. They're annoying.

You are no longer my friend. "Make My Day" is the greatest song in the history of the everything.

I said it was growing on me. lol

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery