General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 3,801 to 3,820 of 10,039

AuthorMessage

zendaia

3,801. Posted:

i like d.n. angel and angel beats i want to watch more anime shows but my parents wont allow me to see any nudity so what do u suggest me to watch other then dragon ball thingy.. so yeah plz comment below

zendaia

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,802. Posted:

No nudity, huh...yeah, that's tougher than it really should be. Even some kid shows like GaoGaiGar have that. :/ And old shows like Gundam, too, even if it's always just one tiny scene.

Challenge Accepted!

Start with the obvious one: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. One of the greatest shows out there and practically zero fanservice.

.Hack//SIGN is a slow-paced anime with not that much action, but it also lacks any fanservice as well.

Hunter x Hunter(2011) is an action show with not that much action from the 21 episodes I've seen. It's more focused on the characters and world, which it has in spades. What action seens it has are also pretty interesting without being over-the-top, too. Very little fanservice so far, just one or two implied off-screen moments, but that's it. It is an ongoing show, though, and they do intend to make the show go for a long time. One Piece (another long running action show), for instance, lasted 360-ish episodes without any nudity and just mild fanservice. Then it throws in two shower scenes, the second of which escalated to attempted sexual assault. :O (she got her revenge at least) You never know where these long running ones will go. :/

I see you say you're a girl, so I'd like to pick one that's more aimed towards girls, but everyone I've seen has some nudity somewhere. I suppose Inuyasha had very little fanservice, but I could swear there was some small nudity scene somewhere, plus I don't particularly like that show, and it's honestly more of a boy's anime that has some cross-gender appeal (which is fine). I'm sure a certain somebody will recommend Card Captor Sakura, though, which I haven't watched enough to be sure of.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SMEXIZELDAMAN

3,803. Posted:

No nudity? To Love-ru and Elfen Lied ;) (I kid)

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

3,804. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I'm sure a certain somebody will recommend Card Captor Sakura, though, which I haven't watched enough to be sure of.

Ahem!
Ah, you remember me. I'm honored! :)

I highly recommend Card Captor Sakura. It's more of a girl's anime but it can definitely appeal to both genders. I'm a male and absolutely love it. It's a magical girl anime. Basically Sakura has to go around fighting magical spirits to seal them back in their card. Along the way you meet new characters and they all develop. The original show has a pretty interesting plot and actually respectable enough plot twists. Kind of. As far as nudity I'm 99% sure there isn't any at all. There's some suggestive themes but most were removed from the anime. The art style and animation are top notch and beautiful. Give it a whirl.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Konata

3,805. Posted:

The one anime off the top of my head with (as I remember.) No nudity...
Is Sgt. Frog.
(It's a really good anime, I think it's for both genders.)
I'm pretty sure it has no nudity....

I love anime, but most of the good ones have to be ruined with some sort of nudity!

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

3,806. Posted:

Any site besides Hulu where I can watch Binbogami-ga? These commercials are getting longer than usual, I swear.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,807. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Any site besides Hulu where I can watch Binbogami-ga? These commercials are getting longer than usual, I swear.

Hulu is the worst site to watch anime ever. If it's not on youtube, watch it on Funimation's website...if it works. Which it usually doesn't.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

zendaia

3,808. Posted:

thank you guys i will look those up

zendaia

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,809. Posted:

Konata wrote:

The one anime off the top of my head with (as I remember.) No nudity...
Is Sgt. Frog.
(It's a really good anime, I think it's for both genders.)
I'm pretty sure it has no nudity....

I love anime, but most of the good ones have to be ruined with some sort of nudity!

The Beach episodes tend to have some minor nudity unfortunately...

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Millenia

3,810. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I recommend the Manga, Sailor Moon has a lot of Filler in the anime version. And most of it wasn't good. Sailor Moon has a decent story, it's just better when it's told faster instead of drawn out to hell.

The manga is better, but it lacks the personality and fun of the anime. I didn't feel as bonded with the characters. The manga is VERY different and better, but it doesn't mean the anime is bad. I personally think it's all good. There's not one episode I dislike. I actually finished the last episode not too long ago, so I started over and I'm almost done with the first season. I happen to enjoy it being drawn out to hell. but I will be the first to admit that I'm obsessed with the series so maybe I'm biased.

Edited on by Millenia

Millenia

AuthorMessage

DarkNinja9

3,811. Posted:

zendaia wrote:

i like d.n. angel and angel beats i want to watch more anime shows but my parents wont allow me to see any nudity so what do u suggest me to watch other then dragon ball thingy.. so yeah plz comment below

that kinda is a tough one but i guess it also depends on how old you are that your parents wont allow you to(nothing wrong with it btw) :p but anyway you have to check the genres of the animes most comedy type have some ecchi scenes or fan service scenes

but heres the ones i can think of that i watched:

• full metal alchemist brother hood
  • Darker than black
  • His and her circumstances
  • get backers
  • gad guard
  • vision of escaflowne
  • angelic layer
  • yu yu hakusho
  • eureka 7
  • maid sama

not sure what you would find interesting but yeah :P

Edited on by DarkNinja9

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

3,812. Posted:

I'm currently watching Episode 5 of "A Certain Magical Index". Anyone else heard of that show?

Backloggery. Now playing: Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Pac-Man World, Golden Sun, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure and Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

3,813. Posted:

Seen 4 episodes of Binbogami-ga so far. I'm really enjoying it.
"Shake!"
"Speak!"
"Bondage!" /Proceeds to whip the heck out of Momo'o.
Man, that had be bursting out in laughter! That was so wonderfully random!

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

3,814. Posted:

For no real reason.

Backloggery. Now playing: Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Pac-Man World, Golden Sun, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure and Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,815. Posted:

Just started the final arc in the Bleach manga!

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,816. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

I'm currently watching Episode 5 of "A Certain Magical Index". Anyone else heard of that show?

Started watching that last year. Only on episode 2 or maybe 3, but so far I like it.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Konata

3,817. Posted:

I love the theme song for Baka and Test summon the beasts. It's so quirky!

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,818. Posted:

Yeah...Baka and Test is probably the only known exception to my "if it has a good opening animation+music, I'll enjoy the show" rule. While its OP doesn't quite get me pumped, it does make it look more enjoyable than I found it to be.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,819. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Yeah...Baka and Test is probably the only known exception to my "if it has a good opening animation+music, I'll enjoy the show" rule. While its OP doesn't quite get me pumped, it does make it look more enjoyable than I found it to be.

for me that series is Naruto Shippuden. Most of the OPs of the first series are so awesome, I wouldn't be surprised if they are partially responsible for the popularity of the series but the OPs of Shippuden are so bad. They remind of how bad J-Rock/J-pop can be. I think the 4th Opening has perhaps the lamest rock song I've ever heard, and that includes every Daughtry and Simple Plan song I've heard.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,820. Posted:

I've actually enjoyed the Naruto OPs as much as the show - They're cool at first, but they wear thin pretty quickly. :P Haven't seen the Shippuden ones yet. And Simple Plan has that one good song...I think....okay, nevermind.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~