General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 3,781 to 3,800 of 10,613

AuthorMessage

Dezner

3,781. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Oh god I love Binbogami-ga! This is so much funnier than the recent comedy animes I've seen.

Definitely! I absolutely adored the whole show. I can't wait to purchase it someday! :D

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,782. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Hey, @RR529 - Would you say Inuyasha is a Shoujo or Shounen Title? I always thought it was shounen show with cross-gender appeal, which is what I got out of the first 50 episodes or so. But now people are telling me that it's 100% shoujo, it stops being a shounen after the first season, and there's, like, very little action or plot after the first season, it's a romantic comedy basically, and I just got lucky and saw most all the action there was. I talk to these guys a lot, but I still can't tell if they're full of **** or not, and I'm sure as hell not gonna find out myself by watching it.

It has about a constant amount of action throughout, from what I can think of (the group fighting random demons, or more commonly later on, fighting whatever Naraku sets up for them). Of course, there are the romantic moments, and while their importance might be greater/more obvious, their occurance doesn't really increase.

With that said, yeah, once all the main characters are introduced (I think Koga is the last one that comes in to play), the plot doesn't really change that much (group finds Naraku, he runs off almost dead, sets up new scheme, rinse, wash, repeat). The only exception being Sesshomaru becoming more of a good guy (just not admitting it), but that's more of a side plot. The only other things that kind of count, are that Koga realizes that Kagome isn't interested in him (but he decides to completely ignore that fact, so he might as well not even had the realization), and Kagome's friends meet InuYasha (but they still don't know what he is, and they're really side characters anyway, so it pretty much has no importance).

It isn't until the Final Act that the plot really moves along (something is either being solved, or brought up, in pretty much every episode).

Ah, thank you. Thought I was going crazy there for a while.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

3,783. Posted:

@WingedFish

My parents (Including me.) Are Christian also.
My parents are okay with Pokemon and stuff.

They don't like wizardry like Harry potter, so that's one of the only things I can't watch/read, and I really have no intrest in it.
But they are pretty okay with me Watching stuff.
But I still don't know most of their views on anime...

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

Demmi-Alpha

3,784. Posted:

Kotoura-san and Tamako Market were just released.
I watched the first episode of Kotoura-san. Loved it, defiantly watching more.

Artist and Game Designer

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3326-9455 | Nintendo Network ID: Demmi-Alpha

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

3,785. Posted:

I recently started reading Gravitation and at first I wasn't sure what Shuichi saw in Yuki but there has been some good progression in terms of their relationship and I look forward to seeing how their relationship develops.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Shining-Void

3,786. Posted:

I just finished the soul eater manga. It has a different (better) ending than the anime. Not to say the show isn't good, but the manga is better at portraying the charcters. Not to mention they cut some scenes out. I got more Death the Kid , so these are just nitpicks.

I am currently playing Super metroid, Most wanted U, Runner 2, and Darksiders 2.
Currently reading Magi, Soul Eater, 07 ghost, Area no kishi, and Pandora's Heart
"Let us see the difference of power. Realize the absolute disparity! Indignant Judgment!"
pkmn black 2 fc: 4814 4862 8046

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,787. Posted:

Eternal-Cyprees wrote:

I just finished the soul eater manga. It has a different (better) ending than the anime. Not to say the show isn't good, but the manga is better at portraying the charcters. Not to mention they cut some scenes out. I got more Death the Kid , so these are just nitpicks.

I don't think the Soul Eater Manga ended yet...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

3,788. Posted:

I just started watching Inuyasha.
(I liked Ranma 1/2 so I thought I'd maybe like this.)
I'm on episode 8, and it's pretty good so far :3.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,789. Posted:

Konata wrote:

Warning: Naraku is a bigger troll than Jumpmad. :P And when you think he's gone...he's not.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SMEXIZELDAMAN

3,790. Posted:

Man, re-watching Toradora! It is soo good. Nothing can beat it for romance anime! D: :O

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

3,791. Posted:

Dezner wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Oh god I love Binbogami-ga! This is so much funnier than the recent comedy animes I've seen.

Definitely! I absolutely adored the whole show. I can't wait to purchase it someday! :D

Watching it now, at episode 4.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL...no Wii U yet.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

3,792. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Konata wrote:

Warning: Naraku is a bigger troll than Jumpmad. :P And when you think he's gone...he's not.

Actually, it seems like ol' LJM has been less trollish then usual lately...

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Millenia

3,793. Posted:

FonistofCruxis wrote:

I recently started reading Gravitation and at first I wasn't sure what Shuichi saw in Yuki but there has been some good progression in terms of their relationship and I look forward to seeing how their relationship develops.

Good choice. It was the first manga I ever read, many years ago. The artwork starts really rough, but it gets really good around the sixth volume.

Millenia

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,794. Posted:

I finally, finally finished the Thriller Bark arc. It was a good arc, possibly more enjoyable than the Enies Lobby arc - I loved the atmosphere and whole holloween-y aspect to the Thriller Bark "island" and its inhabitants; I thought the level of comedy was more balanced to an appropriate level; the action was a definite step down, but it was still very interesting - It's nice to see everyone else take on large groups of enemies, and the Absalom, Undead samurai, and Oars fights were pretty creative. I especially liked the Oars fight, since you got to see everyone team up to take one one enemy, without luffy for the most part, and actually hold their own for quite a while. Even when Luffy came in, they still worked together to defeat him in a rather unexpected way. Too bad Moria himself was a bit of a joke, though. The new crewmate, though, Brooks, is fantastic, instantly likeable and funny. He has a less interesting backstory than usual, but it was still good enough to make me really feel for him.

All together, it was pretty fun to watch. Not the greatest arc, but I still enjoyed it enough, despite being rather tired of the series from my major Marathon in November. I'm tempted to watch the next non-filler arc, but I really should take a long break from the series now.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

3,795. Posted:

My mom just told me that me and my brother used to watch Sailor moon, when we were really little.

I was like... Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa? I never remember watching that, but i'm gonna start reading the manga.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

3,796. Posted:

@Konata Sailor Moon used to be in the Saturday morning cartoon lineup here about 10 years ago, maybe that's when you saw it? It was the dub though, and I've heard nothing but bad things about it :p

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

3,797. Posted:

Magikarp wrote:

@Konata Sailor Moon used to be in the Saturday morning cartoon lineup here about 10 years ago, maybe that's when you saw it? It was the dub though, and I've heard nothing but bad things about it :p

Exactly! (I guess I was about 3 or 4) I still don't remember watching it, but I think I watched it when I watched Pokemon on Saturdays.

I'm gonna put off reading/watching Sailor Moon. On the funimation website I found this anime called Baka and Test -Summon the beasts-

It looks pretty cool, I think I might enjoy it.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,798. Posted:

I recommend the Manga, Sailor Moon has a lot of Filler in the anime version. And most of it wasn't good. Sailor Moon has a decent story, it's just better when it's told faster instead of drawn out to hell.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,799. Posted:

Started Shin Sekai Yori. Fun but my god was that first episode too much.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,800. Posted:

Toonami Saturday night!

I missed Bleach, Naruto, ThunderCats, Samurai 7, & Sym-Bionic Titan.

Eureka 7 - Renton has ran off & found a new home, and Eureka is finally opening up to a new crew member.

Tenchi Muyo GXP - Pirate attack! About time this show had some action (even if it was poorly animated). Oh, and now he's the captain of a "bait" ship, lol.

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)