Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 3,781 to 3,800 of 11,593

CanisWolfred

Eternal-Cyprees wrote:

I just finished the soul eater manga. It has a different (better) ending than the anime. Not to say the show isn't good, but the manga is better at portraying the charcters. Not to mention they cut some scenes out. I got more Death the Kid , so these are just nitpicks.

I don't think the Soul Eater Manga ended yet...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Arianabtd

I just started watching Inuyasha.
(I liked Ranma 1/2 so I thought I'd maybe like this.)
I'm on episode 8, and it's pretty good so far :3.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Konata wrote:

Warning: Naraku is a bigger troll than Jumpmad. And when you think he's gone...he's not.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Man, re-watching Toradora! It is soo good. Nothing can beat it for romance anime! D:

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

Undead_terror

Dezner wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Oh god I love Binbogami-ga! This is so much funnier than the recent comedy animes I've seen.

Definitely! I absolutely adored the whole show. I can't wait to purchase it someday!

Watching it now, at episode 4.

WingedSnagret

CanisWolfred wrote:

Konata wrote:

Warning: Naraku is a bigger troll than Jumpmad. And when you think he's gone...he's not.

Actually, it seems like ol' LJM has been less trollish then usual lately...

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Millenia

FonistofCruxis wrote:

I recently started reading Gravitation and at first I wasn't sure what Shuichi saw in Yuki but there has been some good progression in terms of their relationship and I look forward to seeing how their relationship develops.

Good choice. It was the first manga I ever read, many years ago. The artwork starts really rough, but it gets really good around the sixth volume.

Millenia

CanisWolfred

I finally, finally finished the Thriller Bark arc. It was a good arc, possibly more enjoyable than the Enies Lobby arc - I loved the atmosphere and whole holloween-y aspect to the Thriller Bark "island" and its inhabitants; I thought the level of comedy was more balanced to an appropriate level; the action was a definite step down, but it was still very interesting - It's nice to see everyone else take on large groups of enemies, and the Absalom, Undead samurai, and Oars fights were pretty creative. I especially liked the Oars fight, since you got to see everyone team up to take one one enemy, without luffy for the most part, and actually hold their own for quite a while. Even when Luffy came in, they still worked together to defeat him in a rather unexpected way. Too bad Moria himself was a bit of a joke, though. The new crewmate, though, Brooks, is fantastic, instantly likeable and funny. He has a less interesting backstory than usual, but it was still good enough to make me really feel for him.

All together, it was pretty fun to watch. Not the greatest arc, but I still enjoyed it enough, despite being rather tired of the series from my major Marathon in November. I'm tempted to watch the next non-filler arc, but I really should take a long break from the series now.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Arianabtd

My mom just told me that me and my brother used to watch Sailor moon, when we were really little.

I was like... Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa? I never remember watching that, but i'm gonna start reading the manga.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

Magikarp3

@Konata Sailor Moon used to be in the Saturday morning cartoon lineup here about 10 years ago, maybe that's when you saw it? It was the dub though, and I've heard nothing but bad things about it

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

Arianabtd

Magikarp wrote:

@Konata Sailor Moon used to be in the Saturday morning cartoon lineup here about 10 years ago, maybe that's when you saw it? It was the dub though, and I've heard nothing but bad things about it

Exactly! (I guess I was about 3 or 4) I still don't remember watching it, but I think I watched it when I watched Pokemon on Saturdays.

I'm gonna put off reading/watching Sailor Moon. On the funimation website I found this anime called Baka and Test -Summon the beasts-

It looks pretty cool, I think I might enjoy it.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

CanisWolfred

I recommend the Manga, Sailor Moon has a lot of Filler in the anime version. And most of it wasn't good. Sailor Moon has a decent story, it's just better when it's told faster instead of drawn out to hell.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

RR529

Toonami Saturday night!

I missed Bleach, Naruto, ThunderCats, Samurai 7, & Sym-Bionic Titan.

Eureka 7 - Renton has ran off & found a new home, and Eureka is finally opening up to a new crew member.

Tenchi Muyo GXP - Pirate attack! About time this show had some action (even if it was poorly animated). Oh, and now he's the captain of a "bait" ship, lol.

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Samurai Warriors: Katana

Recently Beat: Shantae & the Pirate's Curse, Tales of Vesperia, Kirby's Dream Land 2

zendaia

i like d.n. angel and angel beats i want to watch more anime shows but my parents wont allow me to see any nudity so what do u suggest me to watch other then dragon ball thingy.. so yeah plz comment below

zendaia

CanisWolfred

No nudity, huh...yeah, that's tougher than it really should be. Even some kid shows like GaoGaiGar have that. :/ And old shows like Gundam, too, even if it's always just one tiny scene.

Challenge Accepted!

Start with the obvious one: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. One of the greatest shows out there and practically zero fanservice.

.Hack//SIGN is a slow-paced anime with not that much action, but it also lacks any fanservice as well.

Hunter x Hunter(2011) is an action show with not that much action from the 21 episodes I've seen. It's more focused on the characters and world, which it has in spades. What action seens it has are also pretty interesting without being over-the-top, too. Very little fanservice so far, just one or two implied off-screen moments, but that's it. It is an ongoing show, though, and they do intend to make the show go for a long time. One Piece (another long running action show), for instance, lasted 360-ish episodes without any nudity and just mild fanservice. Then it throws in two shower scenes, the second of which escalated to attempted sexual assault. (she got her revenge at least) You never know where these long running ones will go. :/

I see you say you're a girl, so I'd like to pick one that's more aimed towards girls, but everyone I've seen has some nudity somewhere. I suppose Inuyasha had very little fanservice, but I could swear there was some small nudity scene somewhere, plus I don't particularly like that show, and it's honestly more of a boy's anime that has some cross-gender appeal (which is fine). I'm sure a certain somebody will recommend Card Captor Sakura, though, which I haven't watched enough to be sure of.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

SMEXIZELDAMAN

No nudity? To Love-ru and Elfen Lied (I kid)

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

Retro_on_theGo

CanisWolfred wrote:

I'm sure a certain somebody will recommend Card Captor Sakura, though, which I haven't watched enough to be sure of.

Ahem!
Ah, you remember me. I'm honored!

I highly recommend Card Captor Sakura. It's more of a girl's anime but it can definitely appeal to both genders. I'm a male and absolutely love it. It's a magical girl anime. Basically Sakura has to go around fighting magical spirits to seal them back in their card. Along the way you meet new characters and they all develop. The original show has a pretty interesting plot and actually respectable enough plot twists. Kind of. As far as nudity I'm 99% sure there isn't any at all. There's some suggestive themes but most were removed from the anime. The art style and animation are top notch and beautiful. Give it a whirl.

Arianabtd

The one anime off the top of my head with (as I remember.) No nudity...
Is Sgt. Frog.
(It's a really good anime, I think it's for both genders.)
I'm pretty sure it has no nudity....

I love anime, but most of the good ones have to be ruined with some sort of nudity!

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic