General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 3,761 to 3,780 of 10,478

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

3,761. Posted:

Hey, @RR529 - Would you say Inuyasha is a Shoujo or Shounen Title? I always thought it was shounen show with cross-gender appeal, which is what I got out of the first 50 episodes or so. But now people are telling me that it's 100% shoujo, it stops being a shounen after the first season, and there's, like, very little action or plot after the first season, it's a romantic comedy basically, and I just got lucky and saw most all the action there was. I talk to these guys a lot, but I still can't tell if they're full of **** or not, and I'm sure as hell not gonna find out myself by watching it.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

V8_Ninja

3,762. Posted:

After watching four episode of Magi, I'm really wishing that the series took itself more seriously. There's such a great world and backdrop to carve an interesting and intriguing tale...but it's mostly just been used for comedy effect. Quite a sad thin in my eyes.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

3,763. Posted:

Nintengirl wrote:

My parents don't really know I watch anime. I watch some on my computer or my WiiU (on the gamepad) or when they're asleep. My mom just relates it with Pokemon and stuff. XD

Hah. My dad is like that. He came in when I was watching Code Geass and it was a scene when they were fighting in robots and he said, I kid you not, "Oh, you're watching Pokemon!?" Man I laughed so hard. I usually just tell may parents any anime I watch is Pokemon unless they ask otherwise. They don't get English too well so it would be a massive pain to explain most anime to them. Not to mention they'll think the titles are weird and most would be too tedious for me to translate to Spanish. With anyone outside my family I usually don't even appear to have a remote interest in anime. Sucks more people aren't open to it because of stupid stereotypes.

Think I'll finish up Haganai later and just start Binbogami-ga now.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

3,764. Posted:

What's funny is anime used to be mainstream for a few years. Oh well, maybe in 20 years, our children can watch and talk about this stuff like normal people talk about Star Wars.

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Think I'll finish up Haganai later and just start Binbogami-ga now.

Good choice, man, good choice.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

3,765. Posted:

Normal people talk about Star Wars?

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

3,766. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Normal people talk about Star Wars?

Well, yeah. Outside of anti-nerds, who are far from normal, Star Wars is pretty mainstream. I've heard a lot of people on the street talk about the new Star Wars movie announcement, who didn't seem like big-time fans of the series. It's something people know about and except, and don't really see as some strange entity. Many of them even watched it at some point, or at least know the more famous scenes. I'm not talking about going on in-depth discussions. I just mean talk about it as if it's a thing, not a thing, if you get my meaning.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

3,767. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Hey, @RR529 - Would you say Inuyasha is a Shoujo or Shounen Title? I always thought it was shounen show with cross-gender appeal, which is what I got out of the first 50 episodes or so. But now people are telling me that it's 100% shoujo, it stops being a shounen after the first season, and there's, like, very little action or plot after the first season, it's a romantic comedy basically, and I just got lucky and saw most all the action there was. I talk to these guys a lot, but I still can't tell if they're full of **** or not, and I'm sure as hell not gonna find out myself by watching it.

It has about a constant amount of action throughout, from what I can think of (the group fighting random demons, or more commonly later on, fighting whatever Naraku sets up for them). Of course, there are the romantic moments, and while their importance might be greater/more obvious, their occurance doesn't really increase.

With that said, yeah, once all the main characters are introduced (I think Koga is the last one that comes in to play), the plot doesn't really change that much (group finds Naraku, he runs off almost dead, sets up new scheme, rinse, wash, repeat). The only exception being Sesshomaru becoming more of a good guy (just not admitting it), but that's more of a side plot. The only other things that kind of count, are that Koga realizes that Kagome isn't interested in him (but he decides to completely ignore that fact, so he might as well not even had the realization), and Kagome's friends meet InuYasha (but they still don't know what he is, and they're really side characters anyway, so it pretty much has no importance).

It isn't until the Final Act that the plot really moves along (something is either being solved, or brought up, in pretty much every episode).

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

3,768. Posted:

MAINSTREAM!? wow, I have not been paying attention to anything Star Wars in forever. Huh, I've never heard people talk about Star Wars around me in real life except by one guy who usually gets shunned immediately, poor dude. I didn't know it was a normal mainstream thing now. That's cool I guess.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

3,769. Posted:

Oh, and in relation to the Bleach manga, I'm starting to change my views on the whole Fullbring arc. There is some seriously mysterious stuff going on, they (the Fullbringers) are really screwing up Ichigo psychologically, and I still have no idea why they're doing what they're doing.

Edit: Oh, and one of the Fullbringers' weapons is a PSP, so that's kinda cool/funny.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

3,770. Posted:

My older sister actually thought Pokemon was solely an anime until very recently. She asked how Pokemon was part of Nintendo (she saw Pikachu while I was playing Brawl at the time) because she didn't know it was the anime made after the game instead of the other way around. Ah well, such is the way of being the only person in the family who takes interest in such things...

Edited on by WingedSnagret

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarkNinja9

3,771. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

My older sister actually thought Pokemon was solely an anime until very recently. She asked how Pokemon was part of Nintendo (she saw Pikachu while I was playing Brawl at the time) because she didn't know it was the anime made after the game instead of the other way around. Ah well, such is the way of being the only person in the family who takes interest in such things...

lol i doubt is that maybe its the fact that we grew up with that and she didnt? or she was to young? idk =S

finished omamori homari yesterday .-. that anime needs a second season for the unanswered questions of how his powers will develop <.<

Edited on by DarkNinja9

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

3,772. Posted:

DarkNinja9 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

My older sister actually thought Pokemon was solely an anime until very recently. She asked how Pokemon was part of Nintendo (she saw Pikachu while I was playing Brawl at the time) because she didn't know it was the anime made after the game instead of the other way around. Ah well, such is the way of being the only person in the family who takes interest in such things...

lol i doubt is that maybe its the fact that we grew up with that and she didnt? or she was to young? idk =S

finished omamori homari yesterday .-. that anime needs a second season for the unanswered questions of how his powers will develop <.<

She's in her mid twenties (over ten years older then me), so it definitely wasn't an age issue. I wasn't allowed to watch the show as a kid myself actually.

Edited on by WingedSnagret

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

3,773. Posted:

Omamori Homari? I was flipping through the manga a couple weeks ago. MAN that anime has way too much fan service for me to care about it.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

3,774. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

DarkNinja9 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

My older sister actually thought Pokemon was solely an anime until very recently. She asked how Pokemon was part of Nintendo (she saw Pikachu while I was playing Brawl at the time) because she didn't know it was the anime made after the game instead of the other way around. Ah well, such is the way of being the only person in the family who takes interest in such things...

lol i doubt is that maybe its the fact that we grew up with that and she didnt? or she was to young? idk =S

finished omamori homari yesterday .-. that anime needs a second season for the unanswered questions of how his powers will develop <.<

She's in her mid twenties (over ten years older then me), so it definitely wasn't an age issue. I wasn't allowed to watch the show as a kid myself actually.

Why weren't you allowed to watch Pokémon?

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Undead_terror

3,775. Posted:

Spawn is epic, best super hero show.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL...no Wii U yet.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

3,776. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

DarkNinja9 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

My older sister actually thought Pokemon was solely an anime until very recently. She asked how Pokemon was part of Nintendo (she saw Pikachu while I was playing Brawl at the time) because she didn't know it was the anime made after the game instead of the other way around. Ah well, such is the way of being the only person in the family who takes interest in such things...

lol i doubt is that maybe its the fact that we grew up with that and she didnt? or she was to young? idk =S

finished omamori homari yesterday .-. that anime needs a second season for the unanswered questions of how his powers will develop <.<

She's in her mid twenties (over ten years older then me), so it definitely wasn't an age issue. I wasn't allowed to watch the show as a kid myself actually.

Why weren't you allowed to watch Pokémon?

My parents didn't want me to watch stuff with magic and spells ect. (which several Pokemon are known for) being my family is Christian. Even now they don't like me watching anime for the same reason (although they really don't moderate me anymore since I'm almost 18).

But I'm sure that if I was allowed as a child, I would probably love the series since I've always had a hidden fascination for it likely set on by it being forbidden to me in the first place.

Edited on by WingedSnagret

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Demmi-Alpha

3,777. Posted:

I recently finished watching Another. Pretty creepy, but good... I guess.

Artist and Game Designer

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3326-9455 | Nintendo Network ID: Demmi-Alpha

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

3,778. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

RR529 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

DarkNinja9 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

My older sister actually thought Pokemon was solely an anime until very recently. She asked how Pokemon was part of Nintendo (she saw Pikachu while I was playing Brawl at the time) because she didn't know it was the anime made after the game instead of the other way around. Ah well, such is the way of being the only person in the family who takes interest in such things...

lol i doubt is that maybe its the fact that we grew up with that and she didnt? or she was to young? idk =S

finished omamori homari yesterday .-. that anime needs a second season for the unanswered questions of how his powers will develop <.<

She's in her mid twenties (over ten years older then me), so it definitely wasn't an age issue. I wasn't allowed to watch the show as a kid myself actually.

Why weren't you allowed to watch Pokémon?

My parents didn't want me to watch stuff with magic and spells ect. (which several Pokemon are known for) being my family is Christian. Even now they don't like me watching anime for the same reason (although they really don't moderate me anymore since I'm almost 18).

But I'm sure that if I was allowed as a child, I would probably love the series since I've always had a hidden fascination for it likely set on by it being forbidden to me in the first place.

That's...unfortunate. I didn't know there were still people who believed in witchcraft. Ah well, it wasn't a very good show anyways. I personally hated it as a kid, and still don't find it that interesting outside of later gyms and challenges. If you ever want to satiate your curiousity for the non-game versions, try the manga. I actually found that version to be quite interesting (though it still bugged me as a kid).

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

3,779. Posted:

Oh god I love Binbogami-ga! This is so much funnier than the recent comedy animes I've seen.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

3,780. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

That's...unfortunate. I didn't know there were still people who believed in witchcraft.

Just go to Family Friendly Gaming (website), and read pretty much any RPG review they have up (or any review on an iOS hidden object/visual novel game with such themes)...

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)