Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 3,761 to 3,780 of 11,797

RR529

CanisWolfred wrote:

Hey, @RR529 - Would you say Inuyasha is a Shoujo or Shounen Title? I always thought it was shounen show with cross-gender appeal, which is what I got out of the first 50 episodes or so. But now people are telling me that it's 100% shoujo, it stops being a shounen after the first season, and there's, like, very little action or plot after the first season, it's a romantic comedy basically, and I just got lucky and saw most all the action there was. I talk to these guys a lot, but I still can't tell if they're full of **** or not, and I'm sure as hell not gonna find out myself by watching it.

It has about a constant amount of action throughout, from what I can think of (the group fighting random demons, or more commonly later on, fighting whatever Naraku sets up for them). Of course, there are the romantic moments, and while their importance might be greater/more obvious, their occurance doesn't really increase.

With that said, yeah, once all the main characters are introduced (I think Koga is the last one that comes in to play), the plot doesn't really change that much (group finds Naraku, he runs off almost dead, sets up new scheme, rinse, wash, repeat). The only exception being Sesshomaru becoming more of a good guy (just not admitting it), but that's more of a side plot. The only other things that kind of count, are that Koga realizes that Kagome isn't interested in him (but he decides to completely ignore that fact, so he might as well not even had the realization), and Kagome's friends meet InuYasha (but they still don't know what he is, and they're really side characters anyway, so it pretty much has no importance).

It isn't until the Final Act that the plot really moves along (something is either being solved, or brought up, in pretty much every episode).

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Front Mission Evolved

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

RR529

Oh, and in relation to the Bleach manga, I'm starting to change my views on the whole Fullbring arc. There is some seriously mysterious stuff going on, they (the Fullbringers) are really screwing up Ichigo psychologically, and I still have no idea why they're doing what they're doing.

Edit: Oh, and one of the Fullbringers' weapons is a PSP, so that's kinda cool/funny.

Edited on by RR529

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

WingedSnagret

My older sister actually thought Pokemon was solely an anime until very recently. She asked how Pokemon was part of Nintendo (she saw Pikachu while I was playing Brawl at the time) because she didn't know it was the anime made after the game instead of the other way around. Ah well, such is the way of being the only person in the family who takes interest in such things...

Edited on by WingedSnagret

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

DarkNinja9

WingedFish wrote:

My older sister actually thought Pokemon was solely an anime until very recently. She asked how Pokemon was part of Nintendo (she saw Pikachu while I was playing Brawl at the time) because she didn't know it was the anime made after the game instead of the other way around. Ah well, such is the way of being the only person in the family who takes interest in such things...

lol i doubt is that maybe its the fact that we grew up with that and she didnt? or she was to young? idk =S

finished omamori homari yesterday .-. that anime needs a second season for the unanswered questions of how his powers will develop <.<

Edited on by DarkNinja9

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

WingedSnagret

DarkNinja9 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

lol i doubt is that maybe its the fact that we grew up with that and she didnt? or she was to young? idk =S

finished omamori homari yesterday .-. that anime needs a second season for the unanswered questions of how his powers will develop <.<

She's in her mid twenties (over ten years older then me), so it definitely wasn't an age issue. I wasn't allowed to watch the show as a kid myself actually.

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

RR529

WingedFish wrote:

DarkNinja9 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

She's in her mid twenties (over ten years older then me), so it definitely wasn't an age issue. I wasn't allowed to watch the show as a kid myself actually.

Why weren't you allowed to watch Pokémon?

WingedSnagret

RR529 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

DarkNinja9 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

My parents didn't want me to watch stuff with magic and spells ect. (which several Pokemon are known for) being my family is Christian. Even now they don't like me watching anime for the same reason (although they really don't moderate me anymore since I'm almost 18).

But I'm sure that if I was allowed as a child, I would probably love the series since I've always had a hidden fascination for it likely set on by it being forbidden to me in the first place.

Demmi-Alpha

I recently finished watching Another. Pretty creepy, but good... I guess.

Artist and Game Designer

Nintendo Network ID: Demmi-Alpha

CanisWolfred

WingedFish wrote:

RR529 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

DarkNinja9 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

My parents didn't want me to watch stuff with magic and spells ect. (which several Pokemon are known for) being my family is Christian. Even now they don't like me watching anime for the same reason (although they really don't moderate me anymore since I'm almost 18).

But I'm sure that if I was allowed as a child, I would probably love the series since I've always had a hidden fascination for it likely set on by it being forbidden to me in the first place.

That's...unfortunate. I didn't know there were still people who believed in witchcraft. Ah well, it wasn't a very good show anyways. I personally hated it as a kid, and still don't find it that interesting outside of later gyms and challenges. If you ever want to satiate your curiousity for the non-game versions, try the manga. I actually found that version to be quite interesting (though it still bugged me as a kid).

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

RR529

CanisWolfred wrote:

That's...unfortunate. I didn't know there were still people who believed in witchcraft.

Just go to Family Friendly Gaming (website), and read pretty much any RPG review they have up (or any review on an iOS hidden object/visual novel game with such themes)...

Dezner

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Oh god I love Binbogami-ga! This is so much funnier than the recent comedy animes I've seen.

Definitely! I absolutely adored the whole show. I can't wait to purchase it someday!

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

CanisWolfred

RR529 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Hey, @RR529 - Would you say Inuyasha is a Shoujo or Shounen Title? I always thought it was shounen show with cross-gender appeal, which is what I got out of the first 50 episodes or so. But now people are telling me that it's 100% shoujo, it stops being a shounen after the first season, and there's, like, very little action or plot after the first season, it's a romantic comedy basically, and I just got lucky and saw most all the action there was. I talk to these guys a lot, but I still can't tell if they're full of **** or not, and I'm sure as hell not gonna find out myself by watching it.

It has about a constant amount of action throughout, from what I can think of (the group fighting random demons, or more commonly later on, fighting whatever Naraku sets up for them). Of course, there are the romantic moments, and while their importance might be greater/more obvious, their occurance doesn't really increase.

With that said, yeah, once all the main characters are introduced (I think Koga is the last one that comes in to play), the plot doesn't really change that much (group finds Naraku, he runs off almost dead, sets up new scheme, rinse, wash, repeat). The only exception being Sesshomaru becoming more of a good guy (just not admitting it), but that's more of a side plot. The only other things that kind of count, are that Koga realizes that Kagome isn't interested in him (but he decides to completely ignore that fact, so he might as well not even had the realization), and Kagome's friends meet InuYasha (but they still don't know what he is, and they're really side characters anyway, so it pretty much has no importance).

It isn't until the Final Act that the plot really moves along (something is either being solved, or brought up, in pretty much every episode).

Ah, thank you. Thought I was going crazy there for a while.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Arianabtd

@WingedFish

My parents (Including me.) Are Christian also.
My parents are okay with Pokemon and stuff.

They don't like wizardry like Harry potter, so that's one of the only things I can't watch/read, and I really have no intrest in it.
But they are pretty okay with me Watching stuff.
But I still don't know most of their views on anime...

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Demmi-Alpha

Kotoura-san and Tamako Market were just released.
I watched the first episode of Kotoura-san. Loved it, defiantly watching more.

Artist and Game Designer

Nintendo Network ID: Demmi-Alpha

FonistofCruxis

I recently started reading Gravitation and at first I wasn't sure what Shuichi saw in Yuki but there has been some good progression in terms of their relationship and I look forward to seeing how their relationship develops.

Shining-Void

I just finished the soul eater manga. It has a different (better) ending than the anime. Not to say the show isn't good, but the manga is better at portraying the charcters. Not to mention they cut some scenes out. I got more Death the Kid , so these are just nitpicks.

Shining-Void

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic