General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 3,741 to 3,760 of 10,209

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,741. Posted:

I have a similar problem, yet it's not similar. I'm afraid my parents will find out how strange and provacative anime can be. They're actually very okay with it right now. They just think it's cartoons from another country that I find interesting. If they found out some of the deep depths of awkwardness some anime could delve into, they might change their opinions. Granted, I don't watch hyper-sexual, fanservicey crap; I stay away from anything with Lolis, and I make sure there's no blantant nudity or sex-scenes, despite the fact that I'm an adult and honestly don't care about that stuff anymore - so most of the time, I don't really have to worry.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

3,742. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I have a similar problem, yet it's not similar. I'm afraid my parents will find out how strange and provacative anime can be. They're actually very okay with it right now. They just think it's cartoons from another country that I find interesting. If they found out some of the deep depths of awkwardness some anime could delve into, they might change their opinions. Granted, I don't watch hyper-sexual, fanservicey crap; I stay away from anything with Lolis, and I make sure there's no blantant nudity or sex-scenes, despite the fact that I'm an adult and honestly don't care about that stuff anymore - so most of the time, I don't really have to worry.

Contradictory much? ;)

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,743. Posted:

gekslupis wrote:

I recently have started watching/reading the XXXholic series after seeing Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle on Funimation.
Does the person who wrote these have any other manga/anime that are good?

It's written by Clamp. Most people who like Clamp shows generally enjoy most of what they come up with. I'm an exception - I only care for Magic Knight Rayearth, which is fantastic and highly recommended. But a lot of people also enjoy Card Captor Sakura, Angelic Layer, and Chobits. Might also want to check out the full series of Tsubasa Chronicles, since I believe Reservoir Chronicles was an OVA, if you haven't already. I'm not sure how people feel about X or Kobato., but there's those as well.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,744. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Yeah, that kinda sucks. In general I am worried when watching some anime someone will enter the room during some moment where the series desperately appeals to japanese perverts (or is a parody of it that only anime fans would get or whatever). Since that happens in like every other anime I watch...ugh...

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

3,745. Posted:

Being Chinese, I would rather my parents not find out that I've been watching Anime. They're still a little apprehensive about Japanese culture, sadly :( Of course there is also the weird stuff which I don't want my friends and family knowing that I have seen, but hey - values dissonance. There are very few shows which I can safely recommend to everyone; since most of them have just that one scene which ruins it all.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

3,746. Posted:

I watch anime on my laptop in my room and I sometimes worry about someone coming in at a bad moment but none of the anime I watch consistently have scenes like that and if I did want to watch an anime that I wouldn't want my parents to know about, I could just watch it at night as I stay up late most nights. I watch anime at night often anyway. Although, there are some manga that I read online instead of buying from shops because of not wanting my parents to see them.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

DarkNinja9

3,747. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

There is the IS Restart Project. That could lead to something.

hmm looks interesting then :o thx for the link still thought its a wait and see game :(

EDIT: hmm another look at the trailer and seems like they changed the main character look as for the rest they changed the girls only a bit maybe making them more serious looking or idk how to explain =S

Konata wrote:

I have to be careful what anime I watch because of my parents also, I start Watching an anime and I think it's appropriate, but then one part will show and I'm afraid my parents will come and see, and ban me from anime watching all together

they are okay with me watching anime, but they are now starting to look over my shoulder when I'm watching some. And that makes me sorta nervous.

lol i know what you mean i kinda have the same prob here even thought im a adult now it does get weird if your watching a anime and since i use headphones everyone who passes by or at a pervy scene they can right away thing wth is he watching and such xD so makes things awkward but i mostly watch my anime at night no background noise or lights to bug me while i watch the anime

Edited on by DarkNinja9

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,748. Posted:

Yeah, my parents don't even know I watch anime (except for DBZ, because it was mainstream when I was in middle school).

I'm an adult now, so I really shouldn't care, but my dad is literally the stereotypical "football/baseball dad", if that makes sense (back when I was playing Final Fantasy X back in middle school, he called it "Final F*gasy"...).

I just usually watch what's on TV (figure that's safe enough).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Konata

3,749. Posted:

FonistofCruxis wrote:

I watch anime on my laptop in my room and I sometimes worry about someone coming in at a bad moment but none of the anime I watch consistently have scenes like that and if I did want to watch an anime that I wouldn't want my parents to know about, I could just watch it at night as I stay up late most nights. I watch anime at night often anyway. Although, there are some manga that I read online instead of buying from shops because of not wanting my parents to see them.

I don't have a laptop, so that might be a problem. My brother won't let me borrow his even though, he never takes it out of his room. AND he has his own computer in there to.

Anyhoo. I'm homeschooled so that's why I have so much extra time to watch anime, I usually watch anime on YouTube, on my iPod but some anime I want to watch aren't on there. And the nearest computer is in the room I do school in, and my parents sorta go in there a lot, to grab pens and random stuff.
I think I need to get me a laptop...

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,750. Posted:

@Konata - You got the Crunchyroll app for your iPod? I mean, IIRC, it's difficult to read subs on an iPod...

And do you still have Hulu Plus? That's also an app.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

3,751. Posted:

Im now watching Kyo Kara Maoh and watching spawn (even though its not really a anime.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Droid Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

Konata

3,752. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

@Konata - You got the Crunchyroll app for your iPod? I mean, IIRC, it's difficult to read subs on an iPod...

I haven't started trying it out yet, I'm trying to find some anime I wanna watch first before I start the trial.

Oh and not all of the anime from the website is on the app. So it might be difficult.

And no I don't have the crunchy Roll app.

Visit my K-Pop lair!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

3,753. Posted:

Konata wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I haven't started trying it out yet, I'm trying to find some anime I wanna watch first before I start the trial.

Oh and not all of the anime from the website is on the app. So it might be difficult.

If you've got Netflix it has a number of anime.

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

gekslupis

3,754. Posted:

From what I have experienced with netflix so far, it is good for starting to watch a series but it tends to stop short on some of the longer animes.

Good day
<link href=http://backloggery.com/epicgamer9623>Backloggery</link>

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

3,755. Posted:

gekslupis wrote:

From what I have experienced with netflix so far, it is good for starting to watch a series but it tends to stop short on some of the longer animes.

Tell me about it. Ah! My Goddess used to have both seasons, and I was lucky to see both, but for some reason now only the first season is on. Wth?
Also it almost seems like there is always 26 episodes of any given anime series. Why 26?

Edited on by WingedSnagret

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,756. Posted:

Konata wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

The CR app is completely free, just so you know. No subscription or nothing. Only catch is it's all subbed.

Oh wait, what iPod do you have? Mine is apparently no longer compatible...which might explain why it's constantly crashing...

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Konata

3,757. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Konata wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

The CR app is completely free, just so you know. No subscription or nothing. Only catch is it's all subbed.

Oh wait, what iPod do you have? Mine is apparently no longer compatible...which might explain why it's constantly crashing...

Oh I have the 5 Gen (finally got an upgrade from my 3 Gen.)
It works fine, ill just have to get used to the subs :3.

Visit my K-Pop lair!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,758. Posted:

Anybody else watch the latest season of Gintama? I just saw episodes 253 and 254. I have not kept up with this show, or even viewed its first episode, before. I have see a few bits of prior episodes here and there, but found the show to be simply too weird to really get into.

But holy cow did that change with those episodes! The comedy was perfectly balanced this time around - not only does it have just the right amount of strangeness and absurdity while not going completely overboard, it also has the right about of comedy versus serious drama and story, which at least where I'm at is pretty good - There were times when I felt genuinely moved, especially in episode 254. I'm also not entirely lost, despite not knowing everything that's happened up until now. The characters are the usual tropes so it's easy to understand them, despite not knowing who they are. The in-jokes don't seem that plentiful and when they're there, they're funny just for being absurd. Really, this might be a good place to start if you haven't already. Maybe. It's possible those bits I saw got me familiar enough with the series, but still, I'd say it's at least worth a try.

For those who have kept up with the series, how do these episodes compare with the rest of the series? I'm really thinking of trying to get into this series.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

3,759. Posted:

I'm up to episode 65 of Fairy Tail. Wendy is so adorably innocent. :3

Backloggery. Now playing: Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Pac-Man World, Golden Sun, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure and Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

Nintengirl

3,760. Posted:

My parents don't really know I watch anime. I watch some on my computer or my WiiU (on the gamepad) or when they're asleep. My mom just relates it with Pokemon and stuff. XD

3DS Friend Code: 0989-1789-0282 Just tell me if you wanna swap codes. (Especially if you plan on getting AC: NL!)
NNID: Lady_Ghirahim You need to add me through your friend list, though.
Check out my Tumblr: http://the-unsolvable-riddle.tumblr.com/