General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 3,721 to 3,740 of 10,055

AuthorMessage

Nintengirl

3,721. Posted:

My Hanabusa Aido form Vampire Knight plush came in yesterday. He's soo adroable. It's one of the first Animes I've ever watched. Never finished it, but I'm planning too. I think I stopped because I hated Yuki.

3DS Friend Code: 0989-1789-0282 Just tell me if you wanna swap codes. (Especially if you plan on getting AC: NL!)
NNID: Lady_Ghirahim You need to add me through your friend list, though.
Check out my Tumblr: http://the-unsolvable-riddle.tumblr.com/

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,722. Posted:

Konata wrote:

I started watching Ouran High School Host Club, on the Funimation website.

I watched part of the first episode before I was really into anime, and I really didn't like it. But I decided to give it another shot, and it is hilarious. I really like it.

I watched some when I wasn't into anime either. I thought it was boring and a little odd at the time. I've yet to go back to it. I have a feeling I'd appreciate it more now, though.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

3,723. Posted:

Finished sword art online, loved that anime and so I started accel world but im at episode 10 and pretty bored with it so I must see what else I wanna watch.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
The graveyard | Reviewer at eshop gurus | Owner and reviewer at Droid gurus | Public chat | Forums

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,724. Posted:

Yeah, I didn't like Accel World from the first episode. I know I'd probably have to see more of both shows to say this, but I'm surprised that was the novel that won the author a prize and not Sword Art Online.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,725. Posted:

I liked what I saw of Ouran but I'll probably read the manga instead since it is a far more complete series apparently (I'd say because people said the manga was better but people say that about EVERY OTHER ANIME EVER MADE).

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Konata

3,726. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Konata wrote:

I started watching Ouran High School Host Club, on the Funimation website.

I watched part of the first episode before I was really into anime, and I really didn't like it. But I decided to give it another shot, and it is hilarious. I really like it.

I watched some when I wasn't into anime either. I thought it was boring and a little odd at the time. I've yet to go back to it. I have a feeling I'd appreciate it more now, though.

After you get past the first episode

Spoiler
After they find out she's a girl at the end of the first episode.
End of Spoiler

It gets so hilarious and it's one of the funniest Anime I have ever seen.
The anime style kinda turned me off when I started the first time, but I think it's pretty awesome now.
(Later I'm gonna spout out more about what I love about it, to let everyone know they have to see it or I will pull their hair out.)

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,727. Posted:

I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but again, bad idea...

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Konata

3,728. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but again, bad idea...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I'm not joking.

(Of course I'm joking x3, i'll shut up now :3.)

Visit my K-Pop lair!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

3,729. Posted:

Nintengirl wrote:

My Hanabusa Aido form Vampire Knight plush came in yesterday. He's soo adroable. It's one of the first Animes I've ever watched. Never finished it, but I'm planning too. I think I stopped because I hated Yuki.

(Types Hanabusa Aido into google images) Wow, his cuteness (and in some instances sexiness) is all the reason I need to watch that show. Okay, I'll do some research before adding it to my long list of anime to watch but even if it does't sound that interesting, I'd probably still watch it because of him.

Anyway, you should all watch (or read) Pandora hearts. It is amazing and has a good chance of replacing Reborn as my favourite anime.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,730. Posted:

Wooser's Hand-to-Mouth Life is very strange, and not really all that funny, yet for some reason I watch every episode the day it airs. I guess it helps that its only 4 minutes long.

With that said, today's episode was particularly amusing. Melon Bears, stockings, and school uniforms, oh my!

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

DarkNinja9

3,731. Posted:

hmm well i finished infinite stratos(well kinda still need the ova episode) but hmm seemed like the anime had more potential to expand it felt like it could of been a 26 episode anime so some parts felt a bit rushed to the next scene >.< either it could of had more comedy/awkward moments or more action/training scenes :( over all not bad kinda left me wanting more

seems there isnt plans for a season 2 =/

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,732. Posted:

There is the IS Restart Project. That could lead to something.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Konata

3,733. Posted:

I'm gonna go check out the Ouran HSHC Manga series at my local library (They have a surprising amount of Manga there.) I never read Manga, So I hope I won't die of confusion.

Visit my K-Pop lair!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,734. Posted:

Konata wrote:

I'm gonna go check out the Ouran HSHC Manga series at my local library (They have a surprising amount of Manga there.) I never read Manga, So I hope I won't die of confusion.

If you can get past step one (reading it from right to left), I think you'll be fine.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,735. Posted:

Looks like Crunchyroll is finally done anouncing new titles, licensing Kotoura-San, Problem Children, Vividred Operation (Might be good for fans of Strike Witches), AKB004: Next Stage (but oddly they don't have the first stage), and Little Busters (which should be great for fans of Clannad, as the visual novels they were based on were made by the same people). All together, they're showing 23 new shows, while continuing 18 shows, making for a grand total of 41 shows this season.

That. Is. Insane.

Like seriously, I already got 3 shows I intend to keep up with, one I'll watch when they get the first season on there, and 8 shows I intend to try out to see if the're any good, plus about 5 or 6 continuing shows I want to check out when they're done. That's about 17 shows. Wow. I guess I'll be busy with this season after all. And I already got 6 shows lined up for next season. :O

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Konata

3,736. Posted:

Just finished the Ouran HSHC Anime.
Oh my word I'm about to cry, I loved that show so much.
I'm glad the Manga will be deeper though.

Visit my K-Pop lair!

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

3,737. Posted:

I just finished the Ouran HSHC myself today. Now I remember why I dislike snobby rich people so much (not the main cast, the adults). And I'm relieved to find out that the twins were in fact acting on the "twincest" thing and that they aren't really like that. Happy to say, I'm slowly starting to like anime, weirdness and all. The only problem is I have to pick carefully which ones I watch (I see them on Netflix) because my parents don't like me watching anime since they think it's all bad (in other words I have to pick titles that aren't provocative). Although they never actually check out what I watch, so at least there's that, otherwise they'd probably never let me watch any anime...

On a different note, I've found myself matching anime characters to Nintendo counterparts. It's kinda funny actually.

Fruits Basket: Yuki reminds me of Marth (Fire Emblem) due to hair color, effeminate appearance and quiet personality (at least that what I guess Marth is like).

Ah! My Goddess: Scald and Erd are like Viridi and (Amazon) Pandora respectfully. Scald matches Viridi's childlike behavior and both are goddesses (only Scald likes inventing and machinery). As for Erd and Pandora they also have the goddess similarity, but also, well let's just say they both share, um, provocative properties.

Ouran High School Host Club: Takashi (or Mori, as I prefer to call him) is basically Ike (Fire Emblem) in a modern setting. He's got the same stoic mostly silent (but awesome) attitude. It really becomes apparent when in one episode he wears knight armor (for cosplay).

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

gekslupis

3,738. Posted:

I recently have started watching/reading the XXXholic series after seeing Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle on Funimation.
Does the person who wrote these have any other manga/anime that are good?

Good day
<link href=http://backloggery.com/epicgamer9623>Backloggery</link>

AuthorMessage

Konata

3,739. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

I just finished the Ouran HSHC myself today. Now I remember why I dislike snobby rich people so much (not the main cast, the adults). And I'm relieved to find out that the twins were in fact acting on the "twincest" thing and that they aren't really like that. Happy to say, I'm slowly starting to like anime, weirdness and all. The only problem is I have to pick carefully which ones I watch (I see them on Netflix) because my parents don't like me watching anime since they think it's all bad (in other words I have to pick titles that aren't provocative). Although they never actually check out what I watch, so at least there's that, otherwise they'd probably never let me watch any anime...

On a different note, I've found myself matching anime characters to Nintendo counterparts. It's kinda funny actually.

Fruits Basket: Yuki reminds me of Marth (Fire Emblem) due to hair color, effeminate appearance and quiet personality (at least that what I guess Marth is like).

Ah! My Goddess: Scald and Erd are like Viridi and (Amazon) Pandora respectfully. Scald matches Viridi's childlike behavior and both are goddesses (only Scald likes inventing and machinery). As for Erd and Pandora they also have the goddess similarity, but also, well let's just say they both share, um, provocative properties.

Ouran High School Host Club: Takashi (or Mori, as I prefer to call him) is basically Ike (Fire Emblem) in a modern setting. He's got the same stoic mostly silent (but awesome) attitude. It really becomes apparent when in one episode he wears knight armor (for cosplay).

I have to be careful what anime I watch because of my parents also, I start Watching an anime and I think it's appropriate, but then one part will show and I'm afraid my parents will come and see, and ban me from anime watching all together

they are okay with me watching anime, but they are now starting to look over my shoulder when I'm watching some. And that makes me sorta nervous.

Visit my K-Pop lair!

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

3,740. Posted:

Konata wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

I have to be careful what anime I watch because of my parents also, I start Watching an anime and I think it's appropriate, but then one part will show and I'm afraid my parents will come and see, and ban me from anime watching all together

they are okay with me watching anime, but they are now starting to look over my shoulder when I'm watching some. And that makes me sorta nervous.

That's why I always watch it when nobody is home, or at night on my 3DS (mostly the latter).

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64