General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 3,701 to 3,720 of 10,069

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AzureFashionist

3,701. Posted:

Finished both seasons of Yuru Yuri and thought to myself... "I only really like mecha... What am I doing with my life?"

Anyone know if any mecha is coming out?

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ ♥
Formally known as "AzureFashionista" but I'm one letter short... Life's hollow.
Also formally known as "Meat Shield."
Friend Safari: Dragon: Gabite, Sliggoo, Fraxure.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7775-4464

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

3,702. Posted:

HawtWingz wrote:

Finished both seasons of Yuru Yuri and thought to myself... "I only really like mecha... What am I doing with my life?"

Anyone know if any mecha is coming out?

Untitled

They're remaking the original Gundam. Though, it's been a while since we heard about that project. You been keeping up with Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn (UC) and Code Geass: Akito The Exiled?

EDIT: Oh yeah:

Majestic Prince
Valvave The Liberator
Suisei no Galgantia

I think they all premier This spring.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

3,703. Posted:

Sorry I didn't update with the rest of Toonami's programming.

My brother commandeered the TV to play James Cameron's Avatar: the Game...

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AzureFashionist

3,704. Posted:

@CanisWolfred

Yeah, just Unicorn. I still haven't even watched the original 2 seasons of Code Geass so I won't watch that OVA yet. I also just remembered I still haven't watched EVA 3.0 yet so that might be what I'll watch next... Whenever that'll be.

I heard of the new Gundam reboot but we know just as much about it as we know about the Gundam Seed movie annonced 1 million years ago. lol

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ ♥
Formally known as "AzureFashionista" but I'm one letter short... Life's hollow.
Also formally known as "Meat Shield."
Friend Safari: Dragon: Gabite, Sliggoo, Fraxure.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7775-4464

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

3,705. Posted:

HawtWingz wrote:

@CanisWolfred

Yeah, just Unicorn. I still haven't even watched the original 2 seasons of Code Geass so I won't watch that OVA yet. I also just remembered I still haven't watched EVA 3.0 yet so that might be what I'll watch next... Whenever that'll be.

I heard of the new Gundam reboot but we know just as much about it as we know about the Gundam Seed movie annonced 1 million years ago. lol

They actually updated us on the movie. Apparently it's slated for 2013 now. That said, I still think we'll be lucky if we even see a trailer by the end of the year. :P

Also, what's your opinion of Gundam Unicorn so far? This is the first time I've talked to anyone else here who was into mecha, so I'd love to hear what someone else has to say about it.

And you haven't seen Code Geass? What Mecha have you seen?

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

3,706. Posted:

Well, Crunchyroll just licensed Amnesia, Senyu., and Chihayafura 2. With Amnesia, along with The Unlimited, both of the shows I was really hoping to see, plus the unexpected surprise of Cuticle Detective Ibara, and the 5 shows (Mouya, Encouragement to Climb, Senyu., Chihayafura, and Roman) I was hoping to try out if they got licensed, will all be on Crunchyroll this season. While I only have high hopes for Ibara, there's a chance this season could be pretty packed for me.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Konata

3,707. Posted:

Since I finished Angel beats, I need something else to watch. I haven't seen anything I really wanna watch... Any ideas?

I like comedy/drama/romance/science fiction stuff.

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

3,708. Posted:

Konata wrote:

Since I finished Angel beats, I need something else to watch. I haven't seen anything I really wanna watch... Any ideas?

I like comedy/drama/romance/science fiction stuff.

have you seen Steins;Gate. Because it has ALL of that in some way or another.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Konata

3,709. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Konata wrote:

Since I finished Angel beats, I need something else to watch. I haven't seen anything I really wanna watch... Any ideas?

I like comedy/drama/romance/science fiction stuff.

have you seen Steins;Gate. Because it has ALL of that in some way or another.

I started to, but I guess I have no brain because I couldn't get past the first episode because of how confused I got.

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

3,710. Posted:

Just started watching Hunter X Hunter again. Now on Episode 20. I really gotta stop forgetting this show exists, I always enjoy it, even if it's a helluva lot slower than a lot of Shounen shows. It's one of the few that can work that kind of pace right so it still remains interesting. I'll stopping at 21, though. Gotta wait until I finish that One Piece arc I've been slogging through since the beginning of December.

CanisWolfred wrote:

Well, Crunchyroll just licensed Amnesia, Senyu., and Chihayafura 2. With Amnesia, along with The Unlimited, both of the shows I was really hoping to see, plus the unexpected surprise of Cuticle Detective Ibara, and the 5 shows (Mouya, Encouragement to Climb, Senyu., Chihayafura, and Roman) I was hoping to try out if they got licensed, will all be on Crunchyroll this season. While I only have high hopes for Ibara, there's a chance this season could be pretty packed for me.

Oh yeah, here's the link, just in case anyone wanted it: http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-787629/new-winter-title...

@Konata

You seen Tenchi Muyo yet? Robotics;Notes might also be worth a look. It's a bit like Stein's;Gate, though, but not a whole lot.

I had another suggestion, but now I can't quite grasp what it was...

EDIT: Was I gonna recommend Strike Witches? Not sure why I would...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jollykarp

3,711. Posted:

Konata wrote:

Since I finished Angel beats, I need something else to watch. I haven't seen anything I really wanna watch... Any ideas?

I like comedy/drama/romance/science fiction stuff.

I'd go for Eden of the East, Clannad and BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad! my plan to make everyone watch BECK begins hahaha

Also, I should really watch Angel Beats! soon. I saw the first episode at a friend's house while it was super recent (I think a day or two after it was available) and then I just never kept up :/

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

3,712. Posted:

Konata wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Konata wrote:

Since I finished Angel beats, I need something else to watch. I haven't seen anything I really wanna watch... Any ideas?

I like comedy/drama/romance/science fiction stuff.

have you seen Steins;Gate. Because it has ALL of that in some way or another.

I started to, but I guess I have no brain because I couldn't get past the first episode because of how confused I got.

Huh. That's odd since the only things confusing are the lecture near the beginning and stuff that's explained later. I'd give it another chance because it is just fantastic and is likely the closest series to something Haruhi-like i've seen.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

3,713. Posted:

What anime series do you think would make for a good turn based JRPG?

I'd say InuYasha. Battles tend to focus on the entire group (unlike some series, like Bleach or DBZ, which tend to focus on one on one fights), and the series features a small band of people travelling around the land (so it would fit the mold easily).

Although (I'm not too far into it yet, so I can't fully comment), it appears that teamwork is going to be a key component in Naruto as well, so it could be a nice candidate as well.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jollykarp

3,714. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

What anime series do you think would make for a good turn based JRPG?

I'd say InuYasha. Battles tend to focus on the entire group (unlike some series, like Bleach or DBZ, which tend to focus on one on one fights), and the series features a small band of people travelling around the land (so it would fit the mold easily).

Although (I'm not too far into it yet, so I can't fully comment), it appears that teamwork is going to be a key component in Naruto as well, so it could be a nice candidate as well.

Pokem- waaaiiit...

I can't think of any series which should become a JRPG, to be honest. I think the two tend to be very separate, and most of the attempts to make crossovers and adaptations haven't ended too well. I will, however, pay good money to play an MMORPG set in the universe of Cowboy Bebop. Especially if a real player can get a bounty on their head for other players if they cause too much collateral damage, or prey on the weak.. aww I get excited just thinking of the concept haha. DragonballZ would also make an incredible MOBA; I dunno why they keep settling on more fighting games (not that I'm calling them bad)

Talking about RPG's though, I found Zoids Legacy for the GBA to be a pretty fun game, although only because I had watched a bit of the anime while I was a kid. That game was so dripping with fanservice, in a good way - you had access to over a hundred Zoids from the universe, and could customise their appearance, their equipment, and make a party of six using pilots also from the anime who were also customisable... augh

Naruto has also been adapted into billions of different games. The series the west most often gets is Ninja Clash, which is a bit of a mix between RPG and 1v1 Fighting. There have also been platformers, turn based rpg's, SRPG's, puzzle games.. the franchise is utterly massive.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

3,715. Posted:

Inuyasha ended up making a terrible RPG. Trust me on that...

Magic Knight Rayearth is practically JRPG: The Anime, and unsurprisingly, it's had some pretty good JRPG adaptions.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

3,716. Posted:

Honestly, while not necessarily a JRPG, I think at least the world of Naruto would make for a very exciting epic adventure for a video game. Like a mission heavy game or something. Honestly if Kishimoto wants to continue to do anything with the series after the manga ends, I'd love to see him write some sort of series in the same world with new characters.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

3,717. Posted:

Am I wrong in assuming that you never get to see much of Naruto's world (not counting the movies)?

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

3,718. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Am I wrong in assuming that you never get to see much of Naruto's world (not counting the movies)?

I'm pretty sure outside of one arc, 99% of Naruto is either
1. The Leaf Village
2. another village in the same country as the Leaf Village
3. a Forest
4. Cliffs or other rocky areas
5. unnamed non-ninja town

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

3,719. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Am I wrong in assuming that you never get to see much of Naruto's world (not counting the movies)?

I'm pretty sure outside of one arc, 99% of Naruto is either
1. The Leaf Village
2. another village in the same country as the Leaf Village
3. a Forest
4. Cliffs or other rocky areas
5. unnamed non-ninja town

I see. I'm a tad disappointed to hear that. I prefer action-adventures where you actually get to see lots of different places, but it seems Naruto is more straight action. That might actually be the biggest issue I had with Naruto back when I was watching, and I didn't even realize it. Oh well, it's not like I'm short on Action-Adventures, anyways.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Konata

3,720. Posted:

I started watching Ouran High School Host Club, on the Funimation website.

I watched part of the first episode before I was really into anime, and I really didn't like it. But I decided to give it another shot, and it is hilarious. I really like it.

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala