General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 3,641 to 3,660 of 10,584

AuthorMessage

DarkNinja9

3,641. Posted:

pntjr wrote:

Anyone here like Fairy Tail or Reborn?

havent watched fairy tail i always get mixed replied about that from it being to childish with the comedy or something to it being good o.O

for me i didnt rly watch to much anime 2012 due to the computer probs i had -.- but i noticed i watched some 90's anime which turned out to be good i just finished "his and her circumstances" yesterday which half of it was interesting then the other half was like a twist more like reading a book o.o so weird yet i could so relate it hit a nerve :P

if i had to say some of the fav animes i saw 2012 were maid sama,k-on, and clannad

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,642. Posted:

V8_Ninja wrote:

MY MOST FAVORITE SERIES:

Yes yes yes yes yes. An intriguingly dark setting, a suspenseful plot, a disturbingly calm art style, and a great amalgamation of ideas? I LIVE for this kind of entertainment. I will be hooked on this series for all eternity.

Huh, this might be worth seeking out.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

3,643. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

And for the Slice of Life Fans...well, you have about a million shows this season, but the most notable one in my opinion is Encouragement to Climb. At the very least, I like the premise.

That seems like a strange premise for a slice of life show. it also raises a tiny issue that I'd been meaning to ask - does "slice of life" often mean moe to most people?

Edited on by Magikarp3

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

3,644. Posted:

So I finally get Netflix and they remove pretty much every anime I wanted to watch, huh?
Ugh

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,645. Posted:

Magikarp wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

And for the Slice of Life Fans...well, you have about a million shows this season, but the most notable one in my opinion is Encouragement to Climb. At the very least, I like the premise.

That seems like a strange premise for a slice of life show. it also raises a tiny issue that I'd been meaning to ask - does "slice of life" often mean moe to most people?

Strange? Well, at least that's better than boring. Granted, I find the entire genre to be incredibly bland, so it's nice to see something come up with a premise that's a little out there for it's kind. That and I love mountains....

And I don't think Moe means SoL, as there are other types of shows that feature Moe character designs. I just figure they keep adding them to SoL shows in order to get people to actually watch them.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Nintengirl

3,646. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So I finally get Netflix and they remove pretty much every anime I wanted to watch, huh?
Ugh

I know. They remove every show I watch. I had finished season 1 High School Rumble and now it's removed. D:

3DS Friend Code: 0989-1789-0282 Just tell me if you wanna swap codes. (Especially if you plan on getting AC: NL!)
NNID: Lady_Ghirahim You need to add me through your friend list, though.
Check out my Tumblr: http://the-unsolvable-riddle.tumblr.com/

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

3,647. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Also, Lucky Star fans would like to know there's a Spin-off coming soon: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/12/31/anime-adapta...

That is so exciting!
Lucky star was the first anime I ever watched, so of course it's my favorite. :D

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,648. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Ugh

Thanks for confirming why I don't bother with Netflix.

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

3,649. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Ugh

I don't notice a ton of difference from before, but yeah, Netflix rarely seems to change up their instant anime selection. Well, unless it's to slowly and discreetly pull stuff off.

Many of the things that are there are good, but I watched most of the shows I had interest in well over a year ago. :/

Edited on by RevolverLink

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

3,650. Posted:

Magikarp wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Nah, a Slice of Life isn't always going to have Moe Moe Kyun everywhere just causes it's a SoL. A decent number of them have them in it to really just attract viewers. SoL is just going through these groups of friends lives and their wacky adventures. Seeing the, grow and achieve what they're aiming for. I like the genre but I haven't seen too many. Even then K-on! was the only one that had a bunch of moe elements in it.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

3,651. Posted:

pntjr wrote:

Anyone here like Fairy Tail or Reborn?

I love Reborn and the last episode I saw was episode 125. While I am still really enjoying the series, the recent episodes I saw weren't as good as some of the earlier episodes in the Future arc for reasons I mentioned here:

FonistofCruxis wrote:

Anyway, I'm on the future arc of Reborn and some of the episodes I've recently seen of that arc aren't as good as good the earlier episodes of that arc because there are too many situations going on at once so you keep going back and forth between multiple scenes. This would be okay if there weren't so many of them and it leads to some of the ongoing events getting more progress than others in some episodes. The overly long recaps at the start of each episode don't help either. The last episode I saw did have a bit of Deus ex machina but it was probably just a one off. The actual content of the episodes is still awesome, I just wish there wasn't so much going on in each episode so that there is such little progress with some scenes. There was also a lovely, heartwarming Tsuna x Gokudera scene in an episode I recently saw. Those two are about as close as you can get to being a canon couple without actually being one. Besides, Tsuna's canon love interest, Kyoko is pretty shallow anyway.

Anyway, I finally finished Naruto last night. As its mostly filler after episode 135, I skipped some of the episodes after that. The last filler arc was very good and I liked the focus on Gaara as he's one of my favourite characters. Some of the other later filler arcs like Kurama clan arc were very good too. As a whole, I do think it was a very good series but the first half was better. Overall, I'd give it an 8/10. I don't think I'll start Shippuden just yet I'd like to get through some of the manga/anime I'm already reading/watching first. Maybe when I've finished Reborn as I don't like to read/watch (read = series I read online so this doesn't count series I buy physical copies of) more than 6 series at a time and that way, I'd be able to keep it so that I'm only watching 3 really long series at a time as I'm also currently watching One piece and Sgt. frog. I know that Naruto Shippuden almost has 300 episodes, does anyone know how much longer it will go on for?

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

3,652. Posted:

@FonistofCruxis Until it stops making money.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,653. Posted:

Wasn't there a Ninja war arc that was supposed to be the climax a while back? If so, I'd imagine they'd "only" have 200-300 episodes left to go...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,654. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Wasn't there a Ninja war arc that was supposed to be the climax a while back?

"Naruto looks like it's wrapping up soon" - several people on the internet about the manga in 2009

AuthorMessage

DarkNinja9

3,655. Posted:

any of you guys happen to know or have a idea on what anime this pic is from

Untitled

Edited on by DarkNinja9

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

3,656. Posted:

I just looked it up and in an interview from last June, Kishimoto said “how the story will end has already been set in my mind, so the story is just ‘racing headlong in that direction.’” about Naruto.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,657. Posted:

@DarkNinja9

That's Kirito from Sword Art Online - http://media.animevice.com/uploads/1/18405/574843-sword_art_o...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

3,658. Posted:

Started watching Ouran High School Host Club. Why is it I always somehow manage to find the weird animes? (Then again, almost all anime is strange to me). And almost every single series I've watched so far (which is not many to begin with) has a homosexual character in it, with Ah! My Goddess being the only exception. Not that I care about it though. But are the twins in OHSHC completely acting for the host club? I hope so, because otherwise, that would mean... (shudders).

Japanese people can be so messed up sometimes... Not that we aren't either, but I'm just saying.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,659. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Started watching Ouran High School Host Club. Why is it I always somehow manage to find the weird animes? (Then again, almost all anime is strange to me). And almost every single series I've watched so far (which is not many to begin with) has a homosexual character in it, with Ah! My Goddess being the only exception. Not that I care about it though. But are the twins in OHSHC completely acting for the host club? I hope so, because otherwise, that would mean... (shudders).

Japanese people can be so messed up sometimes... Not that we aren't either, but I'm just saying.

just to avoid the nightmare you could turn this thread into, I assume you mean characters who are homosexual to the point of at least being half a stereotype. Which yeah...yeah...sigh...

It could be worse. It could be Kiss X Sis.

Edited on by theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

3,660. Posted:

Kiss X Sis. Oh man. /shudders

Sgt. Frog is on Netflix. That's awesome, I think I'll finally watch it. Just need to watch two more episodes of Usagi Drop first.

My Colors! 3D Gallery