General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 3,581 to 3,600 of 10,489

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

3,581. Posted:

For a while I hadn't been watching as much anime as I would have liked as there was no sound on my laptop and the desktop computer wasn't always free but I got a new laptop for Christmas so I can watch more anime now! :D Because of that I haven't made much progress in a lot of the series I'm watching so I still haven't finished the original series of Naruto despite saying I almost had ages ago.

Anyway, I'm on the future arc of Reborn and some of the episodes I've recently seen of that arc aren't as good as good the earlier episodes of that arc because there are too many situations going on at once so you keep going back and forth between multiple scenes. This would be okay if there weren't so many of them and it leads to some of the ongoing events getting more progress than others in some episodes. The overly long recaps at the start of each episode don't help either. The last episode I saw did have a bit of Deus ex machina but it was probably just a one off. The actual content of the episodes is still awesome, I just wish there wasn't so much going on in each episode so that there is such little progress with some scenes. There was also a lovely, heartwarming Tsuna x Gokudera scene in an episode I recently saw. Those two are about as close as you can get to being a canon couple without actually being one. Besides, Tsuna's canon love interest, Kyoko is pretty shallow anyway.

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Coolysouthkid

3,582. Posted:

DarkNinja9 wrote:

well i started watching mayo chiki seems good so far :D anyone seen it?

Yes and Konoe is adorable

Been watching Samurai 7 on Toonami. Need to get back into Gyrozetter

Edited on by Coolysouthkid

Coolysouthkid

Twitter: tokyokid46

AuthorMessage

Demmi-Alpha

3,583. Posted:

I previously finished Sword Art Online. I really enjoyed it but, season two took a turn for the worse in my opinion. Still, I recommend this Anime to any of you who may have enjoyed the .hack// series or Mirai Nikki (TV).

Artist and Game Designer

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3326-9455 | Nintendo Network ID: Demmi-Alpha

AuthorMessage

Nintengirl

3,584. Posted:

I finished Season 1 of Soul Eater on my WiiU and have been forcing all my friends to watch it.
Also, Dr. Stein is like my favorite character.

3DS Friend Code: 0989-1789-0282 Just tell me if you wanna swap codes. (Especially if you plan on getting AC: NL!)
NNID: Lady_Ghirahim You need to add me through your friend list, though.
Check out my Tumblr: http://the-unsolvable-riddle.tumblr.com/

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

3,585. Posted:

Okay, I confess; I probably should have waited until after watching episode 25 of SAO before declaring my disappointment of the series. The first four minutes episode 25 are GLORIOUS, and I mean that with most sincerity. My overall opinion of the show hasn't changed and I disagree with the direction that the rest of the ending took, but if the adaptation team had to take the direction they chose for the Alfheim arc to drive those four minutes home I do slightly forgive them.

Edited on by V8_Ninja

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

3,586. Posted:

Nintengirl wrote:

I finished Season 1 of Soul Eater on my WiiU and have been forcing all my friends to watch it.

I think that the Internet Browser on Wii U is a far improvement of the Browser on the original Wii.

Anyway, I just got into Fairy Tail recently, i'm upto episode 11, and I gotta say, why does Lucy sometimes remind me of Usopp?

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, The Legendary Starfy, Pac-Man World, Rayman 2: The Great Escape, SteamWorld Dig and Wario Land 4.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,587. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

Nintengirl wrote:

I think that the Internet Browser on Wii U is a far improvement of the Browser on the original Wii.

Anyway, I just got into Fairy Tail recently, i'm upto episode 11, and I gotta say, why does Lucy sometimes remind me of Usopp?

because the series is apparently a blatant One Piece ripoff? That's what everyone says anyway.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

3,588. Posted:

I'm pretty sure the two creators actually know each other and studied together or something like that. That's why it's so similar.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,589. Posted:

Coolysouthkid wrote:

DarkNinja9 wrote:

Is that actually any good? That was, like, the last Super Robot show released in the last two years.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,590. Posted:

demmi-defender wrote:

I previously finished Sword Art Online. I really enjoyed it but, season two took a turn for the worse in my opinion. Still, I recommend this Anime to any of you who may have enjoyed the .hack// series or Mirai Nikki (TV).

I don't agree with the .hack association. Sword Art Online really uses its premise and has a much bigger scope, it focuses more on the players and the world and how the players survive (or don't survive). .Hack//SIGN at least doesn't really focus on those aspects, instead having a smaller scope and greater focus on characters and their personal issues. There's very little action in .Hack//SIGN, for instance. I'd also say .Hack//SIGN is a classier show, if only because it's much more focused on presenting its themes, such as depression and escapism, admittedly even at the cost of proper storytelling at times. Honestly, I don't think the two are very comparable.

I haven't seen Mirai Nikki, but from the premise, it does sound a little closer to Sword Art Online than .hack//SIGN at least. However, I will say that it sounds like a very sick and twisted show...I doubt I'll ever watch it, despite having a catchy opening song.

Nintengirl wrote:

'Forcing' people to watch something is rarely a good idea. Just FYI. Usually backfires.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

DarkNinja9

3,591. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

@DarkNinja9

Any chance you've seen Tenchi Muyo (any series) or perhaps even Martian Successor Nadesico?
Or Bombshells From The Sky, Negima?!, Infinite Stratos, Ichigo 100% (Strawberry 100%), or Tears to Tiara?
Or He is My Master, Love Hina, or Rosaio + Vampire?

And has anyone else here seen Irresponsible Captain Tylor? It's one of the best anime comedies I've seen, with enough story to keep me going, and a lot of humor I actually found funny (though still some cringe-worthy idiocy to keep it from being perfect). 'Course, I also liked the characters, especially Tylor. I couldn't tell if that guy was a complete idiot or a total genius. Loved it.

yup i watched love hina hard to get into at first hated that one character so bad -_- but it was alright rosario vap was nice least story wise and tenchi muyo was ok didnt know there were different versions o.O the one i saw didnt seem to have a ending to it :(

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,592. Posted:

DarkNinja9 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

@DarkNinja9

Any chance you've seen Tenchi Muyo (any series) or perhaps even Martian Successor Nadesico?
Or Bombshells From The Sky, Negima?!, Infinite Stratos, Ichigo 100% (Strawberry 100%), or Tears to Tiara?

And has anyone else here seen Irresponsible Captain Tylor? It's one of the best anime comedies I've seen, with enough story to keep me going, and a lot of humor I actually found funny (though still some cringe-worthy idiocy to keep it from being perfect). 'Course, I also liked the characters, especially Tylor. I couldn't tell if that guy was a complete idiot or a total genius. Loved it.

yup i watched love hina hard to get into at first hated that one character so bad -_- but it was alright rosario vap was nice least story wise and tenchi muyo was ok didnt know there were different versions o.O the one i saw didnt seem to have a ending to it :(

That's the original Tenchi Muyo. Try Tenchi Universe, it's ever better, and has an ending. That said, Our tastes don't match at all, so take that with a grain of salt. Personally, I thought Love Hina and Rosario + Vampire were terrible. I couldn't stand more than 5 minutes of them. In fact, something tells me you'd be more likely to enjoy He Is My Master, another show I can't stand. :P

I thought all the middle shows were either okay, or bad but not terrible. Might be worth a look. Not sure if I can recommend Nadesico. It's a lot like Tenchi Muyo, the first one.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Coolysouthkid

3,593. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

Nintengirl wrote:

Wait Lucy? The girl Lucy? How... Why?.... Wha?! XD

I need to work on Fairy Tail tbh looks pretty interesting. Only saw first few episodes

[quote=DarkNinja9]

CanisWolfred wrote:

Coolysouthkid wrote:

I like it but I like odd stuff XD

Edited on by Coolysouthkid

Coolysouthkid

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,594. Posted:

Well, at least you're honest.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

3,595. Posted:

Back when I was in high school, my teacher once thought it would be a good idea to let impressionable 12 year olds watch Love Hina. I think it put some people in my class off anime for a long time :/

Love Hina was a silly show.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

DarkNinja9

3,596. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

DarkNinja9 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

@DarkNinja9

That's the original Tenchi Muyo. Try Tenchi Universe, it's ever better, and has an ending. That said, Our tastes don't match at all, so take that with a grain of salt. Personally, I thought Love Hina and Rosario + Vampire were terrible. I couldn't stand more than 5 minutes of them. In fact, something tells me you'd be more likely to enjoy He Is My Master, another show I can't stand. :P

I thought all the middle shows were either okay, or bad but not terrible. Might be worth a look. Not sure if I can recommend Nadesico. It's a lot like Tenchi Muyo, the first one.

lol :o not at all i actually checked the animes you mentioned and added Negima, Infinite Stratos, Strawberry 100%,He is My Master,Irresponsible Captain Tylor to my list so i guess our sense of humor from the animes is what is different :P some of those i had already hear but wasnt fully sure on them cant think of why though but is ichigo 100% same name for strawberry 100% right? xD dont see the need for the name difference :P

but so whats difference between the tenchi muyo animes?

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

3,597. Posted:

Ichigo is Strawberry in Japanese so it's just the translated title.
I watched an episode of Strawberry 100%. Didn't really like it.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

SMEXIZELDAMAN

3,598. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Ichigo is Strawberry in Japanese so it's just the translated title.
I watched an episode of Strawberry 100%. Didn't really like it.

Don't finish it. I read the manga which was good except the ending pretty much ruined the whole thing. Left me with a bad taste in my mouth for the whole day. It sucked >:[

Edited on by SMEXIZELDAMAN

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,599. Posted:

DarkNinja9 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

DarkNinja9 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

@DarkNinja9

lol :o not at all i actually checked the animes you mentioned and added Negima, Infinite Stratos, Strawberry 100%,He is My Master,Irresponsible Captain Tylor to my list so i guess our sense of humor from the animes is what is different :P some of those i had already hear but wasnt fully sure on them cant think of why though but is ichigo 100% same name for strawberry 100% right? xD dont see the need for the name difference :P

but so whats difference between the tenchi muyo animes?

Perhaps. Bombshells and Tears to Tiara were the ones I thought were okay, and those were the ones from the middle list you left off. :P But oh well, you seem to know what you like at least.

As for Tenchi, most of them are very different from eachother. Universe is most similar to the original, but it's story plays out very differently, the characters act a little differently, it's longer, more happens, and it has a very different ending. I know I like Universe the most, and a lot of people seem to enjoy it the most as well. It's also the most balanced with the series' various themes, IMO.

There's also Tenchi in Tokyo, which is even more different. It's more of a slapstick comedy - there's less character development and story, and far more humor. Some say the humor is more vapid, but I liked it. Also remember loving the ending, too. More people dislike this one, but I think you might want to check it out at least. If the humor's to your taste, you'll probably enjoy it more than others.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Coolysouthkid

3,600. Posted:

Right now giving Lucky Star a go

Coolysouthkid