General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 3,521 to 3,540 of 9,440

AuthorMessage

DarkNinja9

3,521. Posted:

grrr im stuck again in that stop when u finish a anime and dont know what else to watch :( finished heaven's lost property but confused that there might be a season 3 =S

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AuthorMessage

Dezner

3,522. Posted:

Hm, are you watching any current season anime at all? There's a few good ones, I hear. ;)

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

DarkNinja9

3,523. Posted:

Dezner wrote:

Hm, are you watching any current season anime at all? There's a few good ones, I hear. ;)

current season? u mean like one piece,naruto or bleach? cuz not rly unless u have some in mind that u wanna share :P

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,524. Posted:

DarkNinja9 wrote:

Dezner wrote:

current season? u mean like one piece,naruto or bleach? cuz not rly unless u have some in mind that u wanna share :P

He means the current season premiering in Japan, which also happen to be legally streamed on Non-Japanese Websites like Hulu and Crunchyroll. In fact, these days, we get about 90% of what's shown on Japanese TVs! O_O

Millenia wrote:

I finally made it to the last season of Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon. I'm not exactly sure why just yet but the last season was never released in English because it was nearly impossible to edit to be suitable for American children. (You know basically anything goes in Japan, haha) Anyway that being said, Sailor Moon tops every anime I have ever seen. I think it's common knowledge that the series was completely butchered up and basically ruined when brought over to America. If anyone has overlooked it as childish, I urge you to check out the original Japanese version.

I'll agree that it's better uncut in Japanese than in English. That said, I was never a big fan of Sailor Moon, or most Magical Girl shows for tha matter. That said, I do like the Pretty Cure (PreCure) franchise, which I found to be very much like Sailor Moon, but less controversial, and better enough in nearly every way (not a lot better, but enough) to make it enjoyable for me. Have you ever seen it before? If not, I think you might like it.

Magikarp wrote:

Naruto's first arc (the one with Zabuza) was really good in my opinion, although the pacing was a bit slower than I was used to. Forest of Death was... alright and then I lost interest. I think I'm repeating myself :(

I started up Planetes last night and by golly it was beautiful :') Hard sci-fi with a nice cast of characters and such smooth animation, especially in zero-g scenes... Between Cowboy Bebop, Kids on the Slope and this anime, I think I love Sunrise :D

I agree, though slow, I loved the beginning of Naruto, though it lost my interest after a while.

Also, everyone should already love Sunrise for giving the world the gift of Gundam. And GaoGaiGar. And Code Geass. Amd Pretty Cure.
(And I really gotta watch Planetes someday...)

kkslider5552000 wrote:

You know I will give Bleach one thing vs. Naruto.

The early less serious stories are infinitely better than Naruto's. I mean Kishimoto probably knew it since that ends with episode 6 but I really don't like the first 3 episodes of Naruto in retrospect despite being a legit fan of the series. It's comedy that's not...funny for the most part and while I can defend early stupidity to lead to good character development (which it does), it's just too much.

I loved the first episode of Naruto, but otherwise I gotta agree, the first few episodes of are pretty lame in comparison to Bleach.

Crystalking18 wrote:

Yeah Eden of the East is a bit short, but the two movies help to flesh out the remainder of the plot. I thought it was alright.

Also, I just finished watching Star Driver and enjoyed it. It wasn't the greatest thing I've seen, but I thought it was enjoyable at the very least. And how can you go wrong with giant robots with superpowers?

On a different note, I'm trying to figure out whether or not to watch Mawaru Penguindrum. It seems interesting, but I don't really have an idea what the overall theme of the show is, or even if it's something that would fit my taste. Anyone here seen Penguindrum, and if so, is it good?

I'm not gonna lie, I can't think of any Super Robot show I genuinely did not like. You might be on to something.

As for Penguindrum, all I can tell you is what I've heard, which is that it's a very inconsistant show. The plot is kind of all over place, for better or for worse. I'd definitely do a lot of research into it before I'd give it a shot if I were you. It was very love of hate at the anime forums I used to go to.

RR529 wrote:

Is onemanga.com working for anyone else? I haven't been able to get on it for the past week.

OneManga.com shut down ages ago, but their forum recently shut down for good. OneManga.me, however, is working just fine for me.

As for me, I watched a lot of One Piece recently, and got all the way through Water 7, Enies Lobby, and Post Enies Lobby, and now I'm halfway through Thriller Bark. Needless to say, it's been non-stop thrills this entire time. I love it. Will be taking a break once I get through Sabaody, though. A very long break, most likely.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,525. Posted:

Dezner wrote:

I've been kinda wanting to watch Robotics;Notes after watching the genius that was Steins;Gate but if it's like Steins;Gate I wouldn't be able to wait for some of the middle parts of the anime.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,526. Posted:

Dezner wrote:

Yeah, this was good season. Almost makes up for the next season completely sucking...

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,527. Posted:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/12/20/video-latest...

All that praise for Sunrise and they remind me that they love to tell the same story over and over again. I swear I've read the synopsis in this supposedly all new show 100 times before. Ugh. And I'm not a fan of the main mech's design - I'd believe it was from the same guy who did the designs for that POS Blassreiter. Oh well, I'll probably still give it a try, along with Majestic Prince, another upcoming Mecha show, and Suisei no Galactica, an upcoming sci-fi show that at least includes mecha. 2013's gonna be a busy year.

Speaking of which, has anybody else seen the new Code Geass OVA, Akito the Exiled? I just wanted to discuss it before my memories of it completely fade.

Also, does anybody know if/when Bandai's On-Demand streams will expire? I ask because I know their Crunchyroll streams expire at the end of the year, but I've thankfully seen all of those. What I'm worried about is missing Gundam UC episode 5, which I was planning on watching in February so it will be fresh in my head when I watch Episode 6, which comes out on March 2nd.

BTW, if you're planning on seeing anof of Bandai's shows on Crunchyroll, now's the time. (though I prefer to watch on their official Youtube channel, but who knows how long that will last)

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

3,528. Posted:

Is Black Lagoon anygood?

Backloggery. Now playing: Spyro: Year of the Dragon, Gex, Metroid Fusion, Golden Sun, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV), and Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Sonic Classic Collection).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,529. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

Is Black Lagoon anygood?

Yeah. Honestly, I'm surprised you even had to ask, considering how many videos you've posted of it.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

3,530. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Is Black Lagoon anygood?

Yeah. Honestly, I'm surprised you even had to ask, considering how many videos you've posted of it.

I haven't posted any videos of it.

Backloggery. Now playing: Spyro: Year of the Dragon, Gex, Metroid Fusion, Golden Sun, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV), and Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Sonic Classic Collection).

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,531. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Is Black Lagoon anygood?

I know someone posted random videos of Black Lagoon...I assumed it was you, but maybe it was Paperluigi now that I think about it. Did you ever have a Pokemon Avatar?

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

3,532. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Is Black Lagoon anygood?

I know someone posted random videos of Black Lagoon...I assumed it was you, but maybe it was Paperluigi now that I think about it. Did you ever have a Pokemon Avatar?

No.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,533. Posted:

Then it was probably someone else. My bad. Anyways, yeah, it's good. I highly recommend watching it. It's explosive and over the top, yet has its subtleties and can make you think at times. But mostly Revy's just awesome.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Konata

3,534. Posted:

I have a question...
What is Sailor moon even about? A lot of my friends are CRAZY about it but I have never really looked into it. And follow up question... Is it worth watching?

thank you :3

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,535. Posted:

Konata wrote:

I have a question...
What is Sailor moon even about? A lot of my friends are CRAZY about it but I have never really looked into it. And follow up question... Is it worth watching?

Summary, straight from Anime News Network:

One day, Usagi Tsukino, clumsy 2nd-year middle school student (8th grader), stumbles upon a talking cat named Luna. Luna tells her that she is destined to be Sailor Moon, "champion of love and justice", and she must search for the fabled Moon Princess. Usagi finds friends that turn out to be destined senshi as well, and together they fight to save the world from the certain doom brought upon by the Dark Kingdom (Queen Beryl, the generals, Metallia).

As for how worth it is is...it depends. Personally, I think it was an okay show that lasted way too long, had too much filler, and has been frequently outdone by its sucessors. However, I hear the Manga is way better - more succinct and focused instead of going long stretches without any real plot. They're also remaking Sailor Moon some time next year, so it may be worth waiting until that shows up, especially if it turns out to be more like the Manga. It's already guaranteed to come to the US in some form.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Konata

3,536. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
thank you very much, that helps me a lot :D

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

3,537. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

Is Black Lagoon anygood?

Black Lagoon is both very dark and very violent, but yes, it's also very good.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

Millenia

3,538. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I'll agree that it's better uncut in Japanese than in English. That said, I was never a big fan of Sailor Moon, or most Magical Girl shows for that matter. That said, I do like the Pretty Cure (PreCure) franchise, which I found to be very much like Sailor Moon, but less controversial, and better enough in nearly every way (not a lot better, but enough) to make it enjoyable for me. Have you ever seen it before? If not, I think you might like it.

I did read that one of the characters in Pretty Cure is voiced by the actress that played Minako (Sailor Venus) in Sailor Moon. I was considering watching solely for that reason. As far as I'm concerned Sailor Moon laid out the blueprint for all modern Magical Girl series, and it doesn't get any better than the original for me. I've just seen clips of other anime and I think how obvious it is where they got their inspiration. Especially when it comes to transformations... my goodness. I've seen my fair share of anime and Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon has had the most impact on me by far.

Millenia

AuthorMessage

Millenia

3,539. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Konata wrote:

I have a question...

Summary, straight from Anime News Network:

One day, Usagi Tsukino, clumsy 2nd-year middle school student (8th grader), stumbles upon a talking cat named Luna. Luna tells her that she is destined to be Sailor Moon, "champion of love and justice", and she must search for the fabled Moon Princess. Usagi finds friends that turn out to be destined senshi as well, and together they fight to save the world from the certain doom brought upon by the Dark Kingdom (Queen Beryl, the generals, Metallia).

As for how worth it is is...it depends. Personally, I think it was an okay show that lasted way too long, had too much filler, and has been frequently outdone by its sucessors. However, I hear the Manga is way better - more succinct and focused instead of going long stretches without any real plot. They're also remaking Sailor Moon some time next year, so it may be worth waiting until that shows up, especially if it turns out to be more like the Manga. It's already guaranteed to come to the US in some form.

That synopsis is only from the first season, haha. There are five seasons that all feature a different set of enemies with different motives. Yes, there are long stretches, but instead of getting right to the point I feel this time allows one to be able to bond and better understand each of the characters. I wouldn't exactly call it filler though, there is something to gain from each episode. I have yet to read the manga, but the general conclusion from SM fans is that is indeed better, but the anime is great in its own right too. I feel that every episode is a gift. I mean look at this group transformation from Sailor Moon S: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pui8thvfB8g It is so fantastic >< Okay enough of me defending Sailor Moon, haha.

Millenia

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,540. Posted:

Millenia wrote:

That synopsis is only from the first season, haha. There are five seasons that all feature a different set of enemies with different motives.

Minus the specific evil of the day, that summary does work for the entire show. Changing from enemy X to enemy Y but absolutely nothing else in its basic structure changes in the end does not make for a new plot, good sir.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~