General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 3,501 to 3,520 of 10,486

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,501. Posted:

Is onemanga.com working for anyone else? I haven't been able to get on it for the past week.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

3,502. Posted:

I've started watching Welcome to the NHK the past couple of days, and I'm really enjoying it. I feel like it's struck a nice balance so far between nerdy comedy and seriously examining Sato as a character.

I've also been reading the YuYu Hakusho manga lately. I really enjoyed seeing the differences from the anime in the early chapters (Yusuke does a lot more stuff prior to getting his body back here), but now that I'm ten volumes in, the show and the manga are nearly identical. Not that that's a bad thing.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,503. Posted:

RevolverLink wrote:

I've started watching Welcome to the NHK the past couple of days, and I'm really enjoying it. I feel like it's struck a nice balance so far between nerdy comedy and seriously examining Sato as a character.

Welcome to the NHK is a masterpiece. Mainly what I love about it is how despite having a wacky sense of humor of sorts, it somehow feels almost disturbingly real and the more it goes on, the more the comedy becomes depressing. I'll admit it's...almost a little too real for me to handle at times.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

3,504. Posted:

:O I've been wanting to check out Welcome to the NHK for a while! It has a lot of hype when I looked it up iirc, but then I decided to go watch Eden of the East for some reason.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Dezner

3,505. Posted:

EVERYONE needs to watch Welcome to the NHK!

Masterpiece. :D

...Well, except the animation is god-awful at times. :(

Edited on by Dezner

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

3,506. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

RevolverLink wrote:

Welcome to the NHK is a masterpiece. Mainly what I love about it is how despite having a wacky sense of humor of sorts, it somehow feels almost disturbingly real and the more it goes on, the more the comedy becomes depressing. I'll admit it's...almost a little too real for me to handle at times.

I definitely see what you mean.

Honestly, the show is cutting rather close to the bone with me on some very personal levels.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

AuthorMessage

DarkNinja9

3,507. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

RevolverLink wrote:

wow and here i thought i was the only one who had watched welcome to the nhk...but that rly is a nice way to describe it :o

it does have some weird yet interesting view at things and the comedy is good kinda wish they had a second season though to find out more of what happens to sato u know what i mean?

i also saw eaden of the east kinda weird o.o too short

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AuthorMessage

Crystalking18

3,508. Posted:

Yeah Eden of the East is a bit short, but the two movies help to flesh out the remainder of the plot. I thought it was alright.

Also, I just finished watching Star Driver and enjoyed it. It wasn't the greatest thing I've seen, but I thought it was enjoyable at the very least. And how can you go wrong with giant robots with superpowers?

On a different note, I'm trying to figure out whether or not to watch Mawaru Penguindrum. It seems interesting, but I don't really have an idea what the overall theme of the show is, or even if it's something that would fit my taste. Anyone here seen Penguindrum, and if so, is it good?

FF6: Release year- 1994
Kefka's birthday - November 9th
So.... my life is practically mirroring Kefka? Cool.

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,509. Posted:

Toonami Saturday night (Pt. 1)!

I missed Bleach & Naruto tonight.

ThunderCats - Interesting episode. Very predictable, though.

Currently missing Samurai 7 & Sym-Bionic Titan, because my brother has commandeered the TV, so he can play the 360.

Hope he'll be off in enough time for me to catch Eureka 7 & Tenchi Muyo GXP.

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,510. Posted:

Toonami Saturday night (part 2)!

Eureka 7 - Pretty good episode. More tension between Eureka & Renton. Renton's gotten pretty good at piloting the Nirvash. Oh, and Holland (ha ha, you're named after a country :P) blaming Renton for everything that goes wrong, because that's what he does.

Tenchi Muyo GXP - Pretty par for the course, as far as this series goes (I'm just waiting for the cameos from the original Tenchi to start picking up).

Oh, and they reviewed XCOM: Enemy Unknown for the Xbox 360 (gave it an 8/10). T.O.M. even referenced the classic "engrish" gaming phrase, "all your base belong to us".

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,511. Posted:

You know I will give Bleach one thing vs. Naruto.

The early less serious stories are infinitely better than Naruto's. I mean Kishimoto probably knew it since that ends with episode 6 but I really don't like the first 3 episodes of Naruto in retrospect despite being a legit fan of the series. It's comedy that's not...funny for the most part and while I can defend early stupidity to lead to good character development (which it does), it's just too much.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

3,512. Posted:

Naruto's first arc (the one with Zabuza) was really good in my opinion, although the pacing was a bit slower than I was used to. Forest of Death was... alright and then I lost interest. I think I'm repeating myself :(

I started up Planetes last night and by golly it was beautiful :') Hard sci-fi with a nice cast of characters and such smooth animation, especially in zero-g scenes... Between Cowboy Bebop, Kids on the Slope and this anime, I think I love Sunrise :D

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

3,513. Posted:

Magikarp wrote:

I started up Planetes last night and by golly it was beautiful :') Hard sci-fi with a nice cast of characters and such smooth animation, especially in zero-g scenes... Between Cowboy Bebop, Kids on the Slope and this anime, I think I love Sunrise :D

I love Planetes, it's one of my absolute favorites.

Is this your first time watching it? Because, just as a heads up, the second half of the show can be pretty rough going at times. Kurt Vonnegut once said of fiction writing "Be a Sadist. No matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them - in order that the reader may see what they are made of.". And Planetes takes that message to heart; it is absolutely not afraid to make its characters suffer or ask very difficult questions of them.

The Revloggery

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

3,514. Posted:

I'm almost done with Usagi Drop. I'm surprised how long it's taken me to finish an 11 episodes series. The anime is pretty good so far; I'm on ep 7. Watching Daikichi (is that his name?) grow as a parent and Rin's cute ways is adorable and touching at times. It's a real nice mellow series.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Itsa

3,515. Posted:

I just picked up the first volume of the Fullmetal Alchemist manga, and it was pretty good. I absolutely adored FMA:B, and the 2003 FMA to a lesser extent.

3DS FC: 1160-9773-6180

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9773-6180

AuthorMessage

Millenia

3,516. Posted:

I finally made it to the last season of Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon. I'm not exactly sure why just yet but the last season was never released in English because it was nearly impossible to edit to be suitable for American children. (You know basically anything goes in Japan, haha) Anyway that being said, Sailor Moon tops every anime I have ever seen. I think it's common knowledge that the series was completely butchered up and basically ruined when brought over to America. If anyone has overlooked it as childish, I urge you to check out the original Japanese version.

Millenia

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

3,517. Posted:

RevolverLink wrote:

Magikarp wrote:

Is this your first time watching it? Because, just as a heads up, the second half of the show can be pretty rough going at times. Kurt Vonnegut once said of fiction writing "Be a Sadist. No matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them - in order that the reader may see what they are made of.". And Planetes takes that message to heart; it is absolutely not afraid to make its characters suffer or ask very difficult questions of them.

yeah, I heard the drama gets pretty heavy towards the end of the series. That's actually one of the reasons I'm watching it :) maybe I'm a sadist too :/

would you recommend dub or sub? I started on the dub, and it's not that bad imo

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,518. Posted:

Man, I'm still unable to get onto onemanga.com. I hope the site's not down.

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

3,519. Posted:

Magikarp wrote:

RevolverLink wrote:

Magikarp wrote:

yeah, I heard the drama gets pretty heavy towards the end of the series. That's actually one of the reasons I'm watching it :) maybe I'm a sadist too :/

would you recommend dub or sub? I started on the dub, and it's not that bad imo

You should be fine with either one.

The Revloggery

AuthorMessage

Ruceyod

3,520. Posted:

Is there a gazillion converstions going on at the same time? I am intimidated.

deviantArt

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6780-4216 | Nintendo Network ID: Ruceyod