General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 3,481 to 3,500 of 10,565

AuthorMessage

SMEXIZELDAMAN

3,481. Posted:

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle was better than xxxHolic imo though.

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,482. Posted:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

...eh. Tsubasa was pretty good but just when it was starting to get great, it immediately dropped off a cliff of failed drama and mindscrew. However Tsubasa actually had a satisfying ending...

it's weird how much I prefer xxxHolic since I tend to prefer action series to non-actiony often not story driven series.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

3,483. Posted:

I believe I said earlier in this thread that Best Wishes (Black and White) was the worst the Pokemon anime has been? I'd just like to say that's absolutely not true. B/W is actually pretty dang good. Mostly just the gym battles though. Everything else isn't special.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,484. Posted:

Toonami Saturday night!

Bleach - Repeat tonight, since new episodes are on hiatus. Odd though, when it went on hiatus in the past, they would go back to the beginning of the last arc, but this time, they just went back a few episodes. Why it would need to be on hiatus for such a short period seems very strange, IMO.

Naruto - First time really watching the show. Surprisingly touching first episode. Looks like it could be good :)

Tenchi Muyo GXP - Finally arived at the GP Academy, and all the characters seem to be in place, so I suppose things will really start to kick off.

ThunderCats - Looks like an episode based off of the "Seven Samurai" concept. ThunderCats help a small village of robotic bears to defend itself against those who want them for slavery.

Samurai 7 - The battle with the bandits rages on. Didn't care too much for the sequence where they were just showing the same stuff over & over again, in slow motion. Oh, and I wasn't expecting that to happen (don't want to ruin it, but I'm sure others who've watched it, understand what I'm getting at).

Sym-Bionic Titan - They finally got to have a showdown with the "Men in Black" like organisation. Also, blood (seriously, that came as a surprise, considering the show's origin. First time I think I've seen that in a kid's action cartoon since Gargoyles).

Eureka 7 - Okay, take refuge in abandoned mine, find clean house with fresh food inside the abandoned mine, and then weird dream sequence. I think that's about it...

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,485. Posted:

It will be interesting to see people's reactions to watching Naruto for the first time. It's, somewhat deservedly, one of the most love it or hate it anime ever. Honestly while I think it does an excellent job as a first episode and introducing the main character and whatnot, I've never really enjoyed this episode. Dunno why really.

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

3,486. Posted:

where is naruto starting from on Toonami? I'm pretty sure everyone can find something to like about the Zabuza arc. I have a few gripes around the Chunin exams, and then I felt that the series started to drag on around the 4th-5th seasons. I didn't really continue after that, although I heard it only gets worse :/

EDIT: oh wow, from the very first episode? It's gonna take a long long time to get up to date hahaha

Edited on by Magikarp3

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

SMEXIZELDAMAN

3,487. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

...eh. Tsubasa was pretty good but just when it was starting to get great, it immediately dropped off a cliff of failed drama and mindscrew. However Tsubasa actually had a satisfying ending...

it's weird how much I prefer xxxHolic since I tend to prefer action series to non-actiony often not story driven series.

I liked the ending to Tsubasa better. It finished it off nicer. xxxHolic made me a little mad at the ending. He never got with that kewt girl either wtf. It was dissapoint.

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

3,488. Posted:

Magikarp wrote:

where is naruto starting from on Toonami? I'm pretty sure everyone can find something to like about the Zabuza arc. I have a few gripes around the Chunin exams, and then I felt that the series started to drag on around the 4th-5th seasons. I didn't really continue after that, although I heard it only gets worse :/

EDIT: oh wow, from the very first episode? It's gonna take a long long time to get up to date hahaha

Toonami will have their 12:30 spot locked up for the next 4+ years, at least.

Edited on by RevolverLink

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,489. Posted:

I was really getting into the last episode of Tokyo Mew Mew I watched. I think because it broke the "no love confession until the ending" rule, if at an anti-climatic and random time and stuff is kinda sort of happening and the villains are starting to be a threat and worth taking seriously.

I don't make these type of jokes, but I'm now probably barred from making fun of guys for liking girly things for the rest of my life.

But seriously, even a genre like magical girl should be looked at as just any anime series but until the last couple of episodes, it had way too much insulting to children's intelligence moments and way too much lack of effort because "WHO CARES, ONLY KIDS WATCH". Ugh. It's really not like awful or anything, and I don't know what I was expecting but somehow there's wasted potential.

AuthorMessage

DarkNinja9

3,490. Posted:

any of you guys know a good comedy/ school type anime? something like maid sama was good just cant seem to find another or i find like ecchi types xD

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,491. Posted:

DarkNinja9 wrote:

any of you guys know a good comedy/ school type anime? something like maid sama was good just cant seem to find another or i find like ecchi types xD

I really like School Rumble. So there's that.

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

3,492. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I don't make these type of jokes, but I'm now probably barred from making fun of guys for liking girly things for the rest of my life.

I was in a DVD store a while back with some friends and I decided to have a look at a DVD of Madoka. And then I realised my friends were behind me and could probably see the cover, so I put it back and began staring intensely at a Cowboy Bebop box set to try and regain man-points. Man, I wish that stigma were gone as well. There is nothing wrong with Magical Girl, or Shojo, or Josei for that matter

EDIT: I dropped School Rumble after two episodes... Nichijou is hilarious

Edited on by Magikarp3

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,493. Posted:

Magikarp wrote:

EDIT: I dropped School Rumble after two episodes...

Aw! :(

Magikarp wrote:

Nichijou is hilarious

Oh! :D

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

3,494. Posted:

Holy cow, I'd forgotten all about the different opening theme for English Naruto.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,495. Posted:

Toonami Saturday night!

Bleach - Repeat!

Naruto - At first I thought this was going to be an annoying episode, but I ended up finding it pretty funny.

Tenchi Muyo GXP - Yeah... Did this actually just happen?

ThunderCats - Ooh look, Elephants! Oh, and there's some bees & a giant rock monster.

Samurai 7 - Looks like the next part of their quest is about to begin! Oh, and they used that really weird squiggly art style again.

Sym-Bionic Titan - The robot has a girlfriend. Yes, you heard that right. I will admit, the art style & certain sound effects in this show that remind me of Dexter's Lab. Given who created the series, that isn't surprising though, and I'm going to start calling it Super Dexter.

Eureka 7 - They got their ship fixed. Oh, and there was some giant robot vs. giant green boomerang bird thing action.

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,496. Posted:

Just browsing around Adult Swim's boards, and it appears that next week, Tenchi Muyo GXP is being pushed back a couple of hours due to extremely poor ratings (that sure didn't take long).

Also (probably because Bleach is on repeats), ThunderCats currently has the strongest ratings on the block.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,497. Posted:

I didn't recognize it immediately on the first viewing last year but that song towards the end of that episode of Symbionic Titan was from beloved 80s rock band A Flock of Seagulls. The song is called "Space Age Love Song" which has to be why it was used.

With the exception of learning of Queen from the Mighty Ducks movies as a kid, that is the strangest way I've ever decided to listen to more music from a particular band.

This does make me think there was some social commentary considering the contrast compared to the other music used in the episode.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

3,498. Posted:

^that's kinda like how I got into the pillows (from watching FLCL) and Spitz (from watching Honey and Clover). Not that strange I guess

also I stopped being a wuss and continued watching xxxHolic. It's pretty good. And all this talk reminded me of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eimNpQOxj5k from my older naruto days. This was always one of my favourite OPs

AuthorMessage

DarkNinja9

3,499. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

DarkNinja9 wrote:

I really like School Rumble. So there's that.

sadly i have already seen it but one of my favs and hilarious animes i seen xD didnt liek the ending though and then it had some ovas like wth it lost me with those

started watching heaven's lost property though

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

3,500. Posted:

I'm reading vol. 16 of Bakuman right now and I'm not done with it but I finished the big arc in this issue. That was so amazing. The build up and emotion all the characters had going. The ideas and tricks pulled out in these last chapters were brilliant. Bakuman is so awesome in that it gets me on the edge of my seat and I feel the climax parts of it's arcs are every bit as intense and exciting as some of the best mainstream battles Mangas without ever throwing a punch. The series is a battle of brains and chapter ideas. It's all so lovable and gripping. I'm seriously hooked on this series now. I can't remember the last time I've loved a manga so much. Thanks goodness vol. 17 comes out tomorrow! >:3

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery