General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 3,461 to 3,480 of 10,056

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

3,461. Posted:

Just watching the 1980s uncut Astro Boy whenever I can find them legally on the Internet. Currently done at a very slow pace...

I would be watching more anime if I didn't feel so strongly against watching them illegally (admittely, I did watch Yu Yu Hakusho and Dragon Ball on YouTube, but I stopped when I realized that what I was doing was drawing away sales) and I wasn't so strapped for time.

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage

Final-Starman

3,462. Posted:

I just started watching Soul Eater. It's pretty good! :D

"Come and get me loser! Spankety Spankety Spankety!" -Pokey
"Yesno It is isn't." -Moonsidian
"Shoot! I missed!" - Loid/Lloyd
Fobbies are... Borange!
TONDA GOSSA!
Nintendo Network ID: The-Ness
ROOOOLIIING STAAAAAART!
↑ & ↓ & ↻
Recently played: Sonic The Hedgehog (IOS)

AuthorMessage

ElectricSplash

3,463. Posted:

Starman-Deluxe wrote:

Read it. The anime had a totally made-up ending.

Edited on by ElectricSplash

My Backloggery

Twitter: Benjamin_Rosa

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,464. Posted:

BenjaminRosa wrote:

Starman-Deluxe wrote:

Read it. The anime had a totally made-up ending.

yes he should totally drop the anime to read a 30+ volume manga series RIGHT NOW just because "they changed it now it sucks" logic (i.e. no logic)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,465. Posted:

Just finished volume 2 of Beach Stars.

Slower than the first volume, besides finishing up a match that had started in the first volume, there were no matches in this one. Just lots of training & building the group. Hoping volume 3 picks up a bit.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,466. Posted:

I now have the first 5 volumes of Beach Stars finished. Things have really improved these past couple volumes. The action has really kicked off (they're in a tournament), and while not gone, the fan service seems to have been somewhat toned down.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Raylax

3,467. Posted:

@RevolverLink EotE's ED is awesome :D

Just watched Sacred Star of Milos. It was pretty good, though nothing astonishing - essentially an extended episode just shy of two hours that could be slotted into the series almost anywhere you see fit. Same boat as Conqueror of Shamballa, really. Certainly a good movie, but don't expect any of the earth-shattering twists or shocks that the series pulls off, and there's little of the humour either. A little disappointing to have Mustang and Hawkeye in there but never really do anything asides serve as background scenery - would've been nice to see them get involved in the action.

Edited on by Raylax

ACNF: Visit Somni! DC: 7000 3442 7110
theblackdragon: ahaha perfect response to that thread, raylax
theblackdragon: eff your other responses, though
theblackdragon: all of them
theblackdragon: in the entire history of ever >:[
theblackdragon: they've all sucked

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

3,468. Posted:

I just now got what Blast of Tempest is doing wrong; the series wants to do many things when it really shouldn't.

Here's the storys plot-line; the viewer follows a detached, almost uninterested character through a story consisting of several other characters filled with their own agendas and mysteries, with the other characters possessing a broader spectrum of knowledge and talent than that of the main character. Now, you expect the series to follow the main character and ONLY the main character, with the mysteries and agendas of the other characters being unraveled to the main character as they are revealed to the viewer, right? Yeah, about that...Blast of Tempest doesn't even think of trying that approach. The show just throws every single plot, agenda, and character reveal immediately at the viewer when it wants to introduce any sort of conflict. There is no suspense or tension when the viewer knows everything.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,469. Posted:

Finished up Beach Stars (manga).

Never read a sports related manga before, so the experience was fresh. Of course, being a manga about beach volleyball, fan service was pretty common, but if you can get over that, it's a fun read.

Although, they never get to the main tournament that they're building up to. Apparently, that final tournament is covered by a sequel series, "The!! Beach Stars" (kinda pointless to make a sequel, just for the final tournament, IMO). Can't find the sequel anywhere though, except Mobile Manga, but it's the only mobile manga site that works horribly on my 3DS, so yeah, guess I'm done.

Don't know what I'm going to read next.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,470. Posted:

Toonami Saturday night!

Bleach - The last new episode before it goes into hiatus. Good episode! Another Espada down, bringing victory closer to the good guys.

Tenchi Muyo GXP - Looks like the series is finally starting to get some sort of direction, even if it is a bit (ok, a lot) silly. It's obviously not a masterpiece, but it's a fun show for a laugh or two.

Samurai 7 - Not as action packed as the last couple of episodes, but the war with the Bandits still wages on!

ThunderCats - I like the idea presented in this episode, but it seems like the whole thing was rushed (it would have been cool if Lion-O were to have to endure his loss in this episode for a few episodes, before earning "it" back). Despite the fact that it's animated by an anime studio, it's still fairly obvious that the story still has the trappings of your traditional western action cartoon (condinsing what could be neat little side story arcs, into a single episode).

Sym-Bionic Titan - A fairly interesting episode (learning about a main character's past). Their home planet has an odd civilization though (futuristic technology, with the fashion sense of the 1910's).

Eureka 7 - Another enjoyable episode. Not much to say about it really, other than it's obvious that Renton has definitely grown.

Oh, and next week sees the return of Naruto to Toonami, only this time, uncut! Was never able to watch it the last time it was on TV, so I'll be sure to give it a watch this time!

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,471. Posted:

I feel bad for Renton's uncle after the ending. And yet I really don't. It's an odd character moment I have to say.

AuthorMessage

arrmixer

3,472. Posted:

anything coming out to the west made by Production IG? Big Ghost in the Shell Fan....

proud Wii u Owner and
Fortunate to receive a 3ds XL from my other half
Feel free to add

ARR

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9596-6040 | Nintendo Network ID: armixer

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

3,473. Posted:

I'll be giving Naruto another chance. While I would have preferred several other Toonami shows (DBZ, Gundam Wings, Tenchi Muyo, Sailor Moon, Astro Boy), it certainly is going to be good for ratings.

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

3,474. Posted:

Started up xxxHolic the other night and I gotta say, the weirdness level is just a little too high for me. Does it get better later on? Otherwise the awesome OP and ED might be the only reason I watch it further haha

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,475. Posted:

Magikarp wrote:

Started up xxxHolic the other night and I gotta say, the weirdness level is just a little too high for me.

Compared to what? At worst it's pretty average weirdness by anime standards.

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

3,476. Posted:

Eh, I dunno. The two twins, the fact that the protagonist has the same body proportions as Slenderman, the white outline people, the aural assaulting, the mouth-eye-smoke...

actually you're right, it is about average weirdness. I think most of all it reminds me of Radiohead's 15 Step music video, which I first watched before becoming an anime fan and that's been imprinted into my mind as the epitome of weird and creepy.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,477. Posted:

It appears the Toonami lineup is going through some changes, according to my cable's "info" (which also means you should take this with a grain of salt, as it's not always right).

1 - to make room for Naruto, it appears Sym-Bionic Titan is being removed from the lineup.

2 - Samurai 7 will now air after ThunderCats, pushing it even further back in the night.

3 - The hour of FMA:B is being reduced to a half hour. To compensate, Eureka 7 is going from a half hour, to an hour.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

SMEXIZELDAMAN

3,478. Posted:

Magikarp wrote:

Started up xxxHolic the other night and I gotta say, the weirdness level is just a little too high for me. Does it get better later on? Otherwise the awesome OP and ED might be the only reason I watch it further haha

The manga was really good. can't speak for the anime though.

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage

Bulbousaur

3,479. Posted:

I was watching a lot of Soul Eater a few weeks back, that was pretty cool

Might check out Full Metal Alchemist when I have the time soon, hear that's very good

Bulbousaur

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

3,480. Posted:

I thought the slender character designs were a bit odd at first, but I remember really liking xxxHolic when I watched it last year. And much like @kkslider5552000, I don't really recall it being stranger than any other supernatural anime. shrug

@bulby1994 - Oh, which FMA series are you planning on watching? Not that you can go wrong with either - Brotherhood is better, but they're both classics.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink