General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 3,421 to 3,440 of 10,065

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

3,421. Posted:

I'm actually kinda embarrassed to say this, but I'm enjoying Kokoro Connect far, far more than I thought I would. The characterisation and pacing are just handled so well that I find myself getting floored by each new episode.

augh... to be honest I kinda want this show to end so I don't need to watch the characters suffer anymore :(

also, it turns out one of my local stores has a pretty competent anime/manga collection! I saw the Cowboy Bebop set for 35 dollars, and Madoka which I will watch eventually. Although I was with my friends, so I couldn't exactly... y'know, look at the dvd cover because it's all sorts of misleading.

Also, now that I've technically graduated and will have a lot of spare time on my hands, what do you guys recommend? I was thinking of either Nichijou, Planetes, Kino's Journey or Welcome to the NHK. I mostly like Seinen and sometimes a bit of Josei; Shonen never really rang a bell with me unless a particular series was incredibly superior.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

3,422. Posted:

At episode 214 in bleach but really can't watch no more because I can't find a good video player so I might watch beelzebub now (since theres nothing else to watch and it looks like it might be good....could be wrong though).

Edited on by Undead_terror

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
The graveyard | Reviewer at eshop gurus | Owner and reviewer at Droid gurus | Public chat | Forums

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

SMEXIZELDAMAN

3,423. Posted:

Finished the last season of Zero no Tsukaima! D: It was a happy end in all :) Liked it a lot :* :* :* :* :* :* :*

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

3,424. Posted:

Bleh I haven't watched anime in so long. :(

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

3,425. Posted:

Some updates:

Sword Art Online: I love how SAO turned from a potentially awesome series about what happens when people are forced to take an escapist fantasy seriously to a bland love story. It makes me want to kick puppies.

Blast of Tempest: Another anime proving that Bones does ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS animation. There are some interesting ideas of play within the story, but they seem to be abandoned and/or forgotten. Also, I'm assuming the following problem is the result of converting a lengthy manga/light novel into an anime, but the story is going a little too fast-paced to allow people to ease themselves into it.

Shin Sekai Yori (From The New World): YES YES YES YES YES. I am absolutely LOVING this series. I am hooked by the dark undertones, the constant sense of dread, and the contrasts of the two worlds. However, I really hope this doesn't last longer than 25 episodes, as I don't see any of the above-mentioned qualities lasting longer than a good 10 hours.

Edited on by V8_Ninja

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,426. Posted:

Just finished chapter 178 of Bleach.

SPOILERS

Aizen & his underlings just escaped with the Menos.

SPOILERS END

Getting through it more quickly than I initially thought I would. Hopefully, without filler & all that, I'll be able to catch up to where I am in the anime pretty quickly (since the anime is going to prematurely end, I've switched over to the manga).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,427. Posted:

Toonami Saturday night!

• Bleach - Missed the first half, but was able to see the Vizoreds come & kick some @ss.
  • Tenchi Muyo GXP - It feels strange seeing something Tenchi related on TV again (and on Toonami no less). Great to see the series back where it belongs (even if it's a spin-off of the original). Although, it has some of the worst glossing/blurring I've ever seen.
  • Samurai 7 - Awesome episode! The villagers kicked some serious @ss! Can't wait to see how their next plan unfolds.
  • ThunderCats - I'm actually really getting into this, which is quite the nice suprise. Sucks knowing it's not going to have a conclusive end, though.
  • Sym-Bionic Titan - Creepy episode O_O. Quite amazed about how high the production values are in this (considering it's an American action cartoon). Starting to enjoy this show as well.
  • Eureka 7 - Why do I get the feeling that they're censoring (language) at random, to make the dialouge seem more intense than it is? When the bike got stolen, Dominic yelled "What in the h*ll do you think you're doing!?", they clearly beeped out "doing" (he had already gotten out "do-" when they beeped). From what I remember, they've never censored E7 (or any anime) before, but ever since they revived the Toonami name, they've beeped a lot. A ton in Deadman Wonderland (probably reasonable in this case), once in Casshern, & three times now in Eureka 7. BTW, it was still a great episode, though :P

Oh, and they gave Halo 4 a 9/10.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

RainbowCrasher

3,428. Posted:

anyone else like black butler???

"Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

3,429. Posted:

I liked Black Butler a lot more than I thought I would going into it, although I still think it's a "girl's show" masquerading as a shounen (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Also, I'm really enjoying the Yu Yu Hakusho manga - I wasn't expecting so much of the early story to be so different from the anime.

Edited on by RevolverLink

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

3,430. Posted:

Ever since Borders closed it left a sad hole in me. I think I've finally found a bookstore to fill that gap. Books-A-Million (also known as BAM!) They got a great, just fantastic, wide selection of manga and other kinds of books. Sure, Amazon is cheaper in some cases and fast delivery, but there's just something I love about being able to go to a retail store, hang around, browse through books, chat with others, and start reading as soon as I buy.
Think I'll pick up vol. 2 of Omnibus CCS soon.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

3,431. Posted:

Yeah, Borders' closing did not sit well with my sister. She's the big manga person in my family, and she loved their selection.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

AuthorMessage

SMEXIZELDAMAN

3,432. Posted:

Lol so Ichigo 100% is really infuriating at times but also good :* :* :* I'm bout to start watching the One Piece anime. Subbed or dubbed?

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

3,433. Posted:

Someone PLEASE recommend a fun but reasonably short adventure anime or a touching but won't make me cry anime. Or a good comedy. (I'm thinking Binbogami ga is the name of one I'm thinking about?) Now. Please. ;____; I haven't watched anything in a while now.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

3,434. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Someone PLEASE recommend a fun but reasonably short adventure anime or a touching but won't make me cry anime. Or a good comedy. (I'm thinking Binbogami ga is the name of one I'm thinking about?) Now. Please. ;____; I haven't watched anything in a while now.

Maybe you might want to give Usagi (Bunny) Drop a try? It's quite short (only 11 episodes), and I personally found to be both very sweet and very touching. And also pretty funny at times.

The Revloggery

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

3,435. Posted:

RevolverLink wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Maybe you might want to give Usagi (Bunny) Drop a try? It's quite short (only 11 episodes), and I personally found to be both very sweet and very touching. And also pretty funny at times.

Seconded, Bunny Drop looks to be one of the most relaxing anime I've seen for a while. (that being said, don't ever read the manga, only watch the anime. Seriously, don't even wiki the manga.) If you haven't hit up Mushishi yet, you really need to - it's half adventure half touching at 24 episodes.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

3,436. Posted:

Huh, I actually saw a manga titled Bunny Drop when browsing through the bookstore but avoided it because of the art style. Thanks, I'll look into the anime.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,437. Posted:

Da*n, now I'm going to have to look it up on Wikipedia, just out of curiosity (telling someone not to look something up, tends to have the opposite effect :P).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,438. Posted:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

I'm bout to start watching the One Piece anime. Subbed or dubbed?

both are worthwhile choices tbh

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

3,439. Posted:

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

I'm bout to start watching the One Piece anime. Subbed or dubbed?

I think the original Japanese dub has more emotional oomph (for lack of a better expression), and will last you quite a while longer, but the Funimation dub is quite good too. Just avoid the 4Kids dub, whatever you choose.

The Revloggery

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

3,440. Posted:

I think I'm going to take a break from Fairy Tail once I finish the arc I'm on. I just don't think I'm in the mood for it right now.

What I am considering, though, is watching something older, from either the 70s or 80s - specifically either Macross or Fist of the North Star, but I'm open to suggestions.

The Revloggery