General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 3,401 to 3,420 of 10,569

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

3,401. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

RevolverLink wrote:

I can happily say, though, that my venture into the Case Closed manga is going much more smoothly. My only nit to pick would be the Anglo-American names for characters that are very clearly Japanese living in Japan (I mean, it's not even like any of the minor characters/locations have been Americanized at all...), but I'm enjoying all of the cases too much to really care about that.

Fantastic. What volume are you on?

I've been going through them at roughly one volume a day, so I'm on the 7th volume right now. In the middle of the Cursed Piano/Moonlight Sonata case, to be more specific.

Edited on by RevolverLink

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

3,402. Posted:

@Mickeymac I'd love to hear what you think of the series once you're in the 20's or near there since that's where character development starts picking up.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,403. Posted:

RevolverLink wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

RevolverLink wrote:

I can happily say, though, that my venture into the Case Closed manga is going much more smoothly. My only nit to pick would be the Anglo-American names for characters that are very clearly Japanese living in Japan (I mean, it's not even like any of the minor characters/locations have been Americanized at all...), but I'm enjoying all of the cases too much to really care about that.

I've been going through them at roughly one volume a day, so I'm on the 7th volume right now. In the middle of the Cursed Piano/Moonlight Sonata case, to be more specific.

That's often considered the best case of the entire series. I don't entirely agree but it earns that reputation certainly...

also, while I prefer the anime (almost exclusively because of excellent music and voice acting (in Japan at least)), the early volumes are better in manga form. I mean they're both pretty much the same, but the anime unintentionally created plot holes and got rid of references to previous cases, and they adapted every 3-4 chapter case into just 1 episode.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,404. Posted:

I have a problem/question. Every single manga site I go to allows me to read 3 or so chapters smoothly (of whatever I'm reading), then in the 3rd-5th page of the next chapter, all of a sudden I can't connect to the site I'm using, and nothing on the site loads up.

It's not a problem with my internet, as I can move on to a myriad of other websites (like NL) with no problems, & it doesn't appear to be a particular manga site, as every one I've ever visited does this to me (even when I clear out my history, ect., they still won't load).

The only remedy, it seems, is either to try again much later in the day, or the next day (where I can read 3 or so more chapters smoothly, before it happens again).

Does this happen to anyone else?

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

SMEXIZELDAMAN

3,405. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

I have a problem/question. Every single manga site I go to allows me to read 3 or so chapters smoothly (of whatever I'm reading), then in the 3rd-5th page of the next chapter, all of a sudden I can't connect to the site I'm using, and nothing on the site loads up.

It's not a problem with my internet, as I can move on to a myriad of other websites (like NL) with no problems, & it doesn't appear to be a particular manga site, as every one I've ever visited does this to me (even when I clear out my history, ect., they still won't load).

The only remedy, it seems, is either to try again much later in the day, or the next day (where I can read 3 or so more chapters smoothly, before it happens again).

Does nae happen to me

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,406. Posted:

I wouldn't know, since I only read a chapter at a time...

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

@Mickeymac I'd love to hear what you think of the series once you're in the 20's or near there since that's where character development starts picking up.

Unfortunately I'm taking a break from it to watch other things now that I'm at the end of an arc.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,407. Posted:

New Toonami lineup (Starting next week):

11:00 P.M. - Bleach
11:30 P.M. - Tenchi Muyo GXP
12:00 A.M. - Samurai 7
12:30 A.M. - ThunderCats
1:00 A.M. - Sym-Bionic Titan
1:30 A.M. - Eureka 7
2:00 A.M. - FMA:B
2:30 A.M. - FMA:B
3:00 A.M. - Cowboy Bebop
3:30 A.M. - Cowboy Bebop
4:00 A.M. - InuYasha
4:30 A.M. - InuYasha

Central Standard Times (CST) shown.

Bleach, Tenchi Muyo GXP, Eureka 7, FMA:B, & InuYasha all on the same lineup! YES PLEASE :)

Oh, TMGXP is replacing Casshern Sins, & InuYasha is replacing GitS, so trade ups all around, IMO.

Casshern & GitS have finished their runs this week, which is why they're being replaced.

EDIT: I've also noticed in that new schedule that ThunderCats & Eureka 7 have switched timeslots (E7 being moved back an hour, & TC moving ahead an hour). Not sure how I like that, TC is alright, but I really like E7, so I hope this doesn't mean it's not doing well.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

3,408. Posted:

Hopefully that means Thundercats is doing well since it deserves to. Kind of wish they'd put something knew instead of Inuyasha twice. But I don't even watch Toonami because a lack of Cable so whatever.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,409. Posted:

F*** Yes, more Tenchi! Might actually watch Toonami now...especially since it's on at a reasonable time...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Knux

3,410. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

That never happens to me, but I usually only go to one website (Mangastream), so it might be the site you're going to that's giving you problems.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,411. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Kind of wish they'd put something knew instead of Inuyasha twice. But I don't even watch Toonami because a lack of Cable so whatever.

To be fair, they only get a new show, when a premiering show ends (Deadman Wonderland getting replaced with Samurai 7, at the end of it's run, & Casshern Sins getting replaced by Tenchi Muyo GXP).

When one of their old shows ends it's run, they replace it with another show in their backlog (with the hour of GitS being replaced with an hour of InuYasha).

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,412. Posted:

Case Closed was given the post-3 AM treatment IIRC so yeah, I'm immediately against putting anything new at that time EVER. That's just cruel.

Tenchi's the first show I watched on Toonami (Tenchi Universe to be exact) so I approve of this.

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

3,413. Posted:

Started Kokoro Connect the other day, and while I expected to be a little put off by the whole bodyswapping idea, I think they've handled it quite interestingly. They had discussions on the nature of personalities and how you could recognise someone in a completely different body, plus the characters seem well developed so far. There was still the odd self-grope or two, but it wasn't over the top, I guess :/

Got me thinking, I wonder if there's any difference between Magikarp and oiiopo. I think with oiiopo I was a bit more paranoid since irl people sometimes knew I went by that, so I was always a little apprehensive that they'd find this site. I know it's not thaaaat embarrassing, but nintendo fansite.. could be awks. Was there any difference between @Mickeymac and @jontalbain , Canis? (Also what do people call you now? lol)

Then again, it's hard to get personalities across a forum. tl:dr, if something like Kokoro Connect makes me question reality, remind me to never watch Lain. Nobody'd ever hear the end of it XD

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Shining-Void

3,414. Posted:

... who is actually awake at 4:30 a.m. Whatever happened to airing at 7:00 p.m like the good old times.
I've started watching hunter x hunter on crunchy roll, and it's pretty interesting. ( I thought it was a card game) The characters a really good, my favorite being Kurapika (reference my avatar) I've only seen 10 of the episodes but, its good all around.... so far anyway.

@CanisWolfred Oh my.... I never noticed you changed your name. Well uh, at least now I know :X

Edited on by Shining-Void

I am currently playing Super metroid, Most wanted U, Runner 2, and Darksiders 2.
Currently reading Magi, Soul Eater, 07 ghost, Area no kishi, and Pandora's Heart
"Let us see the difference of power. Realize the absolute disparity! Indignant Judgment!"
pkmn black 2 fc: 4814 4862 8046

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,415. Posted:

Magikarp wrote:

Started Kokoro Connect the other day, and while I expected to be a little put off by the whole bodyswapping idea, I think they've handled it quite interestingly. They had discussions on the nature of personalities and how you could recognise someone in a completely different body, plus the characters seem well developed so far. There was still the odd self-grope or two, but it wasn't over the top, I guess :/

Got me thinking, I wonder if there's any difference between Magikarp and oiiopo. I think with oiiopo I was a bit more paranoid since irl people sometimes knew I went by that, so I was always a little apprehensive that they'd find this site. I know it's not thaaaat embarrassing, but nintendo fansite.. could be awks. Was there any difference between @Mickeymac and @jontalbain , Canis? (Also what do people call you now? lol)

Then again, it's hard to get personalities across a forum. tl:dr, if something like Kokoro Connect makes me question reality, remind me to never watch Lain. Nobody'd ever hear the end of it XD

You're tempting me to watch that now, lol (had zero interest in it before, too). And yeah, there's been a big difference since I dropped the Mickeymac monicker. I haven't been nearly as much of a jerk since then, and I'm finding I can talk about complex stuff without sounding like a pompous ***. It's like I've really loosened up.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,416. Posted:

Just finished chapter 102 of Bleach. The Ichigo vs Kenpachi fight is about to start.

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

3,417. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

RevolverLink wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

RevolverLink wrote:

That's often considered the best case of the entire series. I don't entirely agree but it earns that reputation certainly...

It was definitely an excellent case, but I think my favorite so far is either the Karaoke Box Murder Case or the June Bride Murder Case. No, they're not all that long or complex (compared to some of the other stories, at least), yet I loved the rather touchingly sad and sweet love stories at their respective hearts.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

3,418. Posted:

RevolverLink wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

RevolverLink wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

RevolverLink wrote:

It was definitely an excellent case, but I think my favorite so far is either the Karaoke Box Murder Case or the June Bride Murder Case. No, they're not all that long or complex (compared to some of the other stories, at least), yet I loved the rather touchingly sad and sweet love stories at their respective hearts.

Yeah most of the cases of the earlier volumes are EXCELLENT choices. It takes forever before there's like any decline in case quality (and even now they're almost all good cases). My favorite case is the Night Baron murder case. I think mainly because I really enjoyed and actually cared about all of the suspects, which I can say about very few cases, especially one with so many suspects.

I really can't wait to see your reaction to certain parts of the series. Volume 18 should be where the fun really begins. :)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,419. Posted:

Started One Piece Back up again. This show goes down way easier than Fairy Tail. I just can't stop watching.

I'm in the middle of the Davy Back Fight. Despite it being generally goofy and laidback compared to the rest of the series, I still like it a lot.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

3,420. Posted:

RevolverLink wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Here's a question. Which anime character do you think is useless, but the creator tries to pass off as important?

Just about any of the human characters in Bleach, especially after the Soul Society Invasion arc. At best, you get to see Orihime used as a macguffin and/or Chad & Uryu show up just long enough get their heads bashed in. Actually, most of the characters feel pretty unimportant and underdeveloped in Bleach.

I'll agree there. Although, I'd go as far to say that Chad was useless even during the Soul Society arc. The only thing he accomplished there, was getting his butt handed to him by the hippie captain (can't remember his name, lol).

Conversely, I'd say Uryu has held up at least into Hueco Mundo. Unlike Chad, he was at least able to stand up to an Espada for a little bit (even though he was with Renji), and was even able to injure him. Also, he was able to hold off Yami (another Espada), while Ichigo fought Ulqiorra.

I'd go as far to say Renji (a soul reaper) has been more useless than Uryu. I honestly can't think of any major confrontation he's won (outside of possibly filler arcs).

Overall I agree that Bleach has way too many characters, & they don't flesh them out enough (or fast enough).

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)