General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 181 to 200 of 10,459

AuthorMessage

181. Posted:

My favorite anime is probably Suzuka.

AuthorMessage

Objection

182. Posted:

Badknux wrote:

My favorite anime is probably Suzuka.

I've heard of that anime but don't know much about it. If you or anyone else would like to give a brief summary and why it's good, I'd appreciate it.

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.
Backloggery My LP Youtube

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

AuthorMessage

183. Posted:

"Suzuka is a sports-themed romance comedy that intertwines the pursuit of love and athletics. The story is based around Yamato Akitsuki, a young man from the rural Hiroshima Prefecture moving to the big city of Tokyo, and his new next-door neighbor, Suzuka Asahina, a skilled high jumper. Yamoto falls in love with Suzuka and pursuing a relationship with her he joins the track and field team hoping to impress her. After joining, Yamato discovers that he has the potential to become a top hundred-meter sprinter."

That's Wikipedia's summary. I like it because it's sweet, has a pretty clear narrative, and isn't as silly as other animes. The soundtrack and voice acting are pleasant, and I think the show has a lot of charisma. But, that's just my take on it.

Edited on by

AuthorMessage

Objection

184. Posted:

I appreciate it. I'll probably do some digging around and see if I like it.

AuthorMessage

185. Posted:

They have all the episodes on YouTube for free. Whenever you have a moment, you should give it a try. Sorry my critique wasn't all that insightful.

Edited on by

AuthorMessage

Terra

186. Posted:

My DVD for the Live Action adaptation of 20th Century Boys came today. No time to watch it now but I will over the weekend

EDIT: Whoops, forgot that this didn't have an Anime adaptation from the Manga. Oh well

Edited on by Terra

Terra

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2530-5557 | Twitter: HDStockdale

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

187. Posted:

My favorite anime has to be the original Dragonball.

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

188. Posted:

if you like music try beck its kinda like suzuka were its serious but it does have its funny moments.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Objection

189. Posted:

I thought that $12 would be a bargain for an anime series, no matter what. I was wrong. It could have been worse, but Najica is not worth your time. See my YouTube review (bashing?) of Najica: Blitz Tactics here

AuthorMessage

thaneds

190. Posted:

Dragon ball kai is Z redone... yep, that's all. lol. love DB to Z and even kai... ss4 Vegeta is as bad as ss3 vegeta in dragon ball raging blast... AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!

"Why hate, when we can pictochat... ...or we can atleast fight on multiplayer mode".
Flipnote Studio Command: Up,B,down(x2),Left(x2),B(x2)
Bomberman Blitz! FC: 180626757893

AuthorMessage

Objection

191. Posted:

What anime youtube review would NL like to see next? Possibilites include Elfin Lied, Cowboy Bebop, YuYu Hakusho, Code Geass, Death Note, Desert Punk, Speed Grapher, etc.

AuthorMessage

Ravage

192. Posted:

I would mention more, but I can only remember the name of one. :P
I've been watching Valkyria Chronicles, it's pretty good. A good share of action and humour. The characters are pretty good, the plot is ok so far. But the setting is my favourite part. You guys should check it out.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.
Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

Dicesukeinuzuka

193. Posted:

If you're bored, here are a few quality anime to watch free and Legally on Youtube.
Casshern Sin - great Sci-Fi anime from Tatsunoko, yes, the main character can be found in the game Tatsunoko VS Capcom (available in Subtitled with Japanese audio only) I also have no idea why its rated TV-M, there's nothing inappropriate about it, I even watched all the 4 episodes uploaded.

~ Tower of Druaga - A comical anime based on an arcade Namco-Bandai game. Weird first episode, but gets better in the second episode and onward.

~ Big Windup! - An anime about baseball. not so great at first but gets better a few eps in. My third favorite sports series.

~ Gurren Lagann - AWESOME, one of the best anime I've ever seen, no joke. If you haven't seen it, you MUST go watch it,

~ Bamboo Blade - An anime about the sport kendo. Great! recommended to ANYONE! Second favorite Sports series bested only by the manga Eyeshield 21.

• You can find all of these titles LEGALLY on Youtube listed under the SHOWS section under Animation and Cartoons. or just click below:
      http://www.youtube.com/shows?p=None&s=sr&b=2

Edited on by Dicesukeinuzuka

call me Dicesuke Inuzuka, Daisuke, Dice, or Dai.
deviant art page:
http://dicesukeinuzuka.deviantart.com/

AuthorMessage

kevohki

194. Posted:

I miss the days of great anime: Trigun, Evangelion, Outlaw Star, Tenchi Universe, Cowboy Bebop, GTO, Rurouni Kenshin, Escaflowne, etc. I follow Bleach now but it's beginning to push it on the DBZ-annoyance formula scale (fight... talk... extended fight... mindless info... talk... flashback... plot holes... add more useless characters and have them fight.... longer fight.... repeat).

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

AuthorMessage

y2josh

195. Posted:

kevohki wrote:

(fight... talk... extended fight... mindless info... talk... flashback... plot holes... add more useless characters and have them fight.... longer fight.... repeat).

**cough**nospoilers**cough** hahaha

The word "Gem" is overused.
PSN/gamertag: jcturtle
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6118-9371

AuthorMessage

Dezner

196. Posted:

Objection_Blaster wrote:

What anime youtube review would NL like to see next? Possibilites include Elfin Lied, Cowboy Bebop, YuYu Hakusho, Code Geass, Death Note, Desert Punk, Speed Grapher, etc.

Oh, oh, Elfen Lied! Awesome show! :o

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

Objection

197. Posted:

Dezner wrote:

Objection_Blaster wrote:

It is. I am actually in the beginning stages of making an Elfin Lied AMV, which gives me an excuse to review it (since I'm watching it again to pick out scenes anyway.)

AuthorMessage

Terra

198. Posted:

It's been quite awhile since I watched an Anime series through, last one being Kino's Journey. I came across a Gainax series called This Ugly, Yet Beautiful World (I think that's the name). Borders is having a huge closing down sale, so, from what was left of the manga, I picked up Sgt Frog and Megatokyo for like £1.50 for both volumes. Although they weren't the 1st volume of each series, I plan to pick up the rest soon, so should be fun.

Objection_Blaster wrote:

Dezner wrote:

Objection_Blaster wrote:

It is. I am actually in the beginning stages of making an Elfin Lied AMV, which gives me an excuse to review it (since I'm watching it again to pick out scenes anyway.)

What song are you using?

Edited on by Terra

Terra

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2530-5557 | Twitter: HDStockdale

AuthorMessage

Popyman

199. Posted:

You should all watch/read Hunter X Hunter. It's Shonen for smart people =P Not sure if I mentioned it in this topic before...

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

AuthorMessage

edofthe209

200. Posted:

My input would be, of course AKIRA, though the manga is much better, and Paranoia Agent, though there are 2 really pointless episodes.

"You have 15 seconds to comply."