Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 12,581 to 12,600 of 13,141

Blooper987

How inappropriate is Sword Art Online, Full Metal Alchemist, and Re:Zero??? Fine with most swearing and violence/blood, but not heavy sexual content or terribly disturbing imagery.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

kkslider5552000

FMA has its moments but I'd say is not dramatically harsher than MHA for...most of its run (and it doesn't get worse than certain early scenes). SAO and Re:Zero are probably a bit much though.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

DePurpleMonkey

Is it just me or is FMAB the best thing ever?

What are you looking at?

jump

I just watched the trailer for Earwig and the Witch, I'm really not feeling Studio Ghibli's switch to CGI. It's better than say The Adam's Family CGI movie or any other non-Disney/Pixar films but I miss the signature Ghibli beauty of hand drawn art too much.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

kkslider5552000

Yeah my initial impressions is that there's this weird disconnect in how good some parts of it look vs. other parts. It's like its somewhere between a Ghibli level focus on impressive details and a random B-tier CG movie from like 10+ years ago.

Also really unfortunate timing, considering how only now are other Japanese studios making 3D animated films that aren't clearly compromised by not being 2D anime films.

Tasuki

So I got a quick question. I recent been starting to get back into Manga and I am trying to get back into my favorite series, Fushigi Yugi. I was wondering is there a site where I can get digital copies of manga to read on my tablet?? I just want to clear that I am looking for honest sites and not some shady one.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Solaine

@Tasuki How do you define shady? You can read Fushigi yugi on mangakalot, if you are searching for a site where you can pay for reading manga then i guess crunchyroll. If it is an app you are searching for then i got proxer which is german, but if you use search you usually find them english translated. Hope one of those ideas helps, thankyou for giving me another manga to read now though ; )

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

RR529

@Tasuki, if you don't mind buying from Amazon it looks like the series is available digitally through the Kindle app.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

@Solaine I mean like torrents or "free sites" stuff like that. No problem on the recommendation. Just keep in mind there is Fushigi Yugi the first series then there is two prequel series called Fushigi Yugi Genbu Kaiden and Fushigi Yugi Byyakk Senkai

@RR529. Thanks I wasn't sure if I could get it on the Kindle as I don't have a Kindle. Had one years ago but it was the old eReader type. I wasn't aware of the app at all.

My Backlog

Solaine

@Tasuki Glad to help then!. So... do you recommend starting with the prequel or the main series?

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

Tasuki

@Solaine I say start with the main series because the prequels will make more sense then. That and Byakko Senkai just started so there's only one volume now.

My Backlog

Solaine

@Tasuki will do, thankyou very much!

1ofUs

Fullmetal Alchemist is sad

If you spoil a game i will find you.
It's not quite a me, Mario!

Twitter:

RR529

I got an Amazon gift card for Christmas, and since I'm not in need of any new games, I figured I'd load up on some manga.

Bought Triage X Volume 3 & InuYasha "Vizbig" edition 1 (Volumes 1-3 bundled) digitally, and a physical copy of Super Mario Manga Mania (since it's not available digitally).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Laoak

Caught up with AOT manga, poor MAPPA for having to animate this. Season 4 is going to be so good

{funny quote here}

Blooper987

Just watched the first 5 episodes of Sword Art Online last night. I’m already loving it! The series has really good characters so far. Managed to make me happy and sad multiple times throughout. Also, I’m hoping Silica comes back at some time. 🤞

Blooper987

Thought I would ask what everyone’s been watching lately since you guys have been pretty quiet😂. I’m currently almost halfway through SOA2 and I just watched the first episode of Inuyasha, after those are over I’ll probably watch Spice & Wolf and maybe Fullmetal Alchemist.

Laoak

Lately I've been watching AoT, Rising of the Shield Hero and I re-watched Toradora. Binged the Kaguya-Sama: Love is War manga and have been having a blast, I highly recommend it after the anime. I need to watch The Promised Neverland before Season 2 comes out though.

{funny quote here}

kkslider5552000

I've been watching a handful of series but been basically bracing for the horror of this season's anime. I only watch two, maybe three new anime per season, this one has like FIVE sequels to anime I've watched. Madness.

Though despite looking forward to them, I'm most looking forward to the Zombieland Saga sequel coming next season. The original was fantastic.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

RR529

The only thing I'm watching is YashaHime, which is okay, though not surprisingly not living up to expectations.

I think it's biggest problem is that it wants to be a mystery (none of the core cast of the original, or Sesshomaru, were around to raise their kids, and where they are now is a big question mark), but it's not executed well (many of the supporting characters like Kaede, Kohaku, & Myoga are accounted for & it's clear they have their memories intact, but they don't seem to question at all that the various kids don't know their parents. Just basic conversation that's not happening not for believable plot reasons, but because the writers aren't ready to give answers). Also, despite the fact that the mystery of the parents is a topic they want the audience to care about (as they're constantly referencing or teasing them), it's made very clear that the kids themselves don't give two s**** about them.

Then there's the fact that they made the baffling decision to center the story around Sesshomaru's twin children (you know that series that was known for it's various romantic narratives? How 'bout we make a sequel to that & center the story around the kids of the one character who wasn't involved in one? Brilliant!).

At least the last episode reintroduced Miroku & Sango, so we could finally get some answers... or not. He's apparently in the middle of a years long training regimen in response to losing to some uber powerful demon (who is probably a relevant entity, but goes unnamed for no particular reason), and that's really about it. Of course they found a way to sideline Moroha (InuYasha & Kagome's daughter) from events so she wouldn't meet Miroku & Sango (this seems to be part of a longer running gag where she's been getting sidelined from events, or one-shotted, so the Sessho-twins can take center stage, much to the chargin of the fan base). The only thing we did learn is that Miroku put a spiritual seal on Setsuna (one of the Sessho-twins) at some point in the past, so her demon blood wouldn't overwhelm her.

Rant over.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic