Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 12,401 to 12,420 of 12,437

GyroZeppeli

If you guys want to read manga for free online, I would recommend MangaDex. It has no ads and has a pretty simple user interface, plus there’s no problems with panels being out of order. I read colored SBR on there and it was great.

A bizarre musical mashup filled with Yes, Queen, and some other things.

Please notify me if you want to add me on Switch before sending a request. It makes my life easier.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Anti-Matter

@GyroZeppeli
How about anime?
I wanna watch some Sailor Moon, Free Iwatobi, Prince Tennis episodes.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (99)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

GyroZeppeli

@Anti-Matter I don’t know of any legal site that has ad free anime. You could try Crunchyroll or Funimation with a free trial of premium, which removes ads and unlocks more options.
I know that Free!, Sailor Moon Crystal, and Prince Of Tennis are on Crunchyroll.

Edited on by GyroZeppeli

Please notify me if you want to add me on Switch before sending a request. It makes my life easier.

CanisWolfred

Heavyarms55 wrote:

Guys, if you aren't watching "That Time I was reincarnated as a Slime" and "The Rising of the Shield Hero" you are literally living your lives incorrectly.

My goodness they are some of the best anime I have ever seen, and I watch a LOT!!!

I was interested in Shield Hero, but after doing some research on the source material (both the LN and the Manga), I don't think I'm into how mean it can be, for lack of a better word? I don't want to rant about it, but the titular hero offends me, everyone seems like a jerk, I don't know who to root for, and I don't appreciate how slavery is portrayed in this series.

The slime one looks cool, and I might be wrong, but I got a Slayers vibe when I watched a few clips and trailers. I'm more just worried that the story might end abruptly like so many LN adaptions before it, as far back as the the mid-00's. I know that's a risk with any adaptation, but its especially frustrating here since I honestly could only find 5 complete anime adaptations of Light Novels, 3 of which weren't your typical seasonal release, either. I don't really want to get into a season or two of it, only to be told that I gotta get the novel if I want the rest of the story. Screw that noise.

But yeah, it looks cool, and I watch it, but I've been burned too many times to let my guard down just yet.

Also, I'm busy watching Jojo, while we're on the subject...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

GyroZeppeli wrote:

What episode are you on?

Part 3, episode 15. I took a break for a few years, because...the first 10 episodes of Part 3 are a major downshift in terms of pacing compared to the previous parts, IMO. The plot has picked up, in that each episode seems to lead into the next instead of feeling entirely disconected like 3-9 did, so I'm having a much better time and will hopefully be able to catch up within the foreseeable future instead of being left with a roadblock that stretches as far as the Sahara...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

GyroZeppeli

I almost quit watching last year because of Phantom Blood. Easily my least favorite part, even though it introduced Dio. Part 2 is really what kept me start enjoying it a lot and parts 3 and beyond are what made me a weeb.

Heavyarms55

@CanisWolfred I am not sure what you read about Shield Hero, but he is very much a victim, not mean in his own right. He does lash out after having been backstabbed several times, but... well spoilers. Just trust me, it's a powerful and beautiful anime thus far. If you are worried about not being able to root for anyone, just don't be. I can't imagine anyone watching this show and not feeling bad for this guy and rooting for him. You'd have to be quite sadistic. The most recent episode blew me away. It was the most emotionally powerful episode of an anime I have seen since Rem's confession in Re:Zero, and before that since Angel Beats. And it is only the 4th episode.

That Time I was Reincarnated as a Slime is very much going to stop before the story finishes. But I think it is very likely to get another season, unlike many light novel adaptations. The production quality is just much much higher than the average anime. The music and sound direction are really way above average seasonal anime, and the animation is almost feature film quality. The writing is so good. It takes itself just serious enough that it hits a nearly perfect blend of character development, humor and story telling. It values its story as much as its action, and that is a balance I rarely see.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me

CanisWolfred

Heavyarms55 wrote:

@CanisWolfred I am not sure what you read about Shield Hero, but he is very much a victim, not mean in his own right.

I still don't approve of that in my anime heroes the same way I don't approve of that in people I encounter in real life. Be the change you want to see, don't lash out at the people who you feel have wronged you, it only belittles yourself. But I am aware of the spoiler you're talking about, and I don't think it'll change my mind on the matter. I know anime tastes are subjective, I was only interested at first because I heard it had detailed world-building, which I always appreciate...but in retrospect, a lot of LN adaptions have detailed world-building, including most of the ones I didn't like. I guess I shouldn't have gotten excited based solely on that.

As for Slime, I don't doubt that it'll be enjoyable, but I'll wait until it's finished. I don't handle disappointment well when it comes to having a story remain incomplete. Even if it has to rush out an original ending, I just want to feel like the story has stopped rather than being left hanging for over a decade, if not indefinitely.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tsurii

Can we leave this kind of horses*** to the guys who read sexual abuse and racism into everything, please? This is basically the last spot that wasn't complete cancer as far as discussions on different series go and it'd suck, if I had to avoid that like the plague as well now.

Edited on by Morpheel

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Heavyarms55

I guess we have very different tastes. I don't view it as "lashing out" I view it as being much more human that most heroes tend to be. At no point does he hurt anyone or even attempt to do so. I'd say more but that would be venturing into spoiler territory. He was just an ordinary guy thrust into an extraordinary situation. Much like Re:Zero I feel he reacted entirely realistically and is overcoming his situation. While I can also enjoy the stories with crazy OP heroes who overcome their challenges without ever appearing to suffer, characters like that are a dime a dozen. It's refreshing and enjoyable seeing a character react more like a real human.

I'm not gonna ask you to change your opinion, but we clearly don't see things the same way at all and I wonder if you've been mislead by some rather inaccurate sounding sources.

On a different note, I don't know what the political talk is about. Referencing something a few pages back perhaps?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me

GyroZeppeli

Tsurii wrote:

Can we leave this kind of stuff to the guys who read sexual abuse and racism into everything, please? This is basically the last spot that wasn't complete cancer as far as discussions on different series go and it'd suck, if I had to avoid that like the plague as well now.

@Heavyarms55 This is what I was referring to.

Edited on by Morpheel

CanisWolfred

GyroZeppeli wrote:

Tsurii wrote:

Can we leave this kind of stuff to the guys who read sexual abuse and racism into everything, please? This is basically the last spot that wasn't complete cancer as far as discussions on different series go and it'd suck, if I had to avoid that like the plague as well now.

@Heavyarms55 This is what I was referring to.

....so you tell me, why did he say that? Because I don't see the context...just looks like he posted in the wrong thread...

Edited on by Morpheel

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic