Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 12,221 to 12,234 of 12,234

Tsurii

@Phazon he's an actual mod, smartass

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

3DS FC 4313-4260-0008

Joeynator3000

Phazon wrote:

Joeynator3000 wrote:

@Phazon You wanna be banned? Watch it.

Don't start backseat modding ok

Gray star means mod, I am one....and so is @Octane. And right now you're on very thin ice.

insert reason for avi change here
YES I MAKE STUPID MISTAKES CONSTANTLY, LEAVE ME ALONE!!!
ZOMG YOUTUBE!!!
Twitch!
My own Discord channel, talk to meh!!
Here's a video of Sanya fighting a twist tie.
I HEARD THE STEPPIESI!!!
Switch FC: SW-2301-6106-1058

Twitter:

Maxz

Untitled

I suppose in posting that image I'm the one backseat modding, but it's just too perfect.

Anyway, let's talk amine and mangos! I watched Azumanga Daioh a while ago and thought it was really sweet. Not a lot happened, and the world didn't get saved, but it was fun to be along for the ride. Are there any similarly charming shows that aren't overly cloying or contrived in their cuteseyness? I thought of lot of Azumanga's charm was in the earnestness of its eccentricity, but I've seen a fair few shows where such 'endearingness' feels really forced, and I've grown a bit over-sensitive to it.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: S | TC: S+ | RM: S
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly

kkslider5552000

I'd be hard-pressed to think of one off the top of my head. Closest would be Nichijou, but that's more like if the occasional over-the-top and weird jokes of Azumanga started taking over everything.

Well there is School Rumble. I love it (even more than Azumanga) but it is much more of a romantic comedy sort of thing.

It's interesting because I feel like a lot of comedy anime are inspired by Azumanga but none of them are quite the same.

Bioshock is nearly 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Phazon

Tsurii wrote:

@Phazon he's an actual mod, smartass

Well obviously I didn't know that, smartass.

Didn't realise a Star meant mod/admin ect..

Besides, this is my last post in this thread, not setting foot in here anymore so ridicule me as much as you want (which you'll probably go back to doing asap)

Phazon

Krillin_

Any recommendations for Netflix (UK) anime? I thoroughly enjoyed Hunter x Hunter, probably as much as any other series I've seen, only to discover that Netflix randomly failed to buy the last 20 or so episodes, cutting off midway through an arc. Then I just started watching Case Closed today, only to find the 50-odd episodes start from about #748 in the series. Weird.

As a side note, I'm not into mecha (so no Code Geass), and I've already seen and enjoyed FMA, Rurouni Kenshin, Death Note, Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo, among others.

Edited on by Krillin_

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589

RR529

@Krillin_, don't watch anything localized by Funimation on Netflix, as they always short them on episodes for whatever reason. Granted, I'm not sure who localizes HunterXHunter in the UK, but Funimation does in the US, along with FMA:B & Ghost in the Shell: Arise, which are also missing their final episodes on Netflix (the latter of which is only 4 episodes in total, so it's not just Netflix trying to scrimp out on 100+ episode series).

As for recommendations, I've really only watched mecha series on Netflix so far, so I can't help you further.

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Krillin_

@RR529 Appreciate the feedback, anyway! Might try Kill La Kill - it does at least appear to be complete.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589

Tsurii

@Krillin_ that one's pretty fun to watch, just don't try to think too much about the story lol

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

3DS FC 4313-4260-0008

crimsontadpoles

@Krillin_ Netflix UK was fine for me when I watched Kill la Kill, and wasn't missing any of the main episodes (can't remember if it had the OVA). That was over a year ago, so something could have changed since then. Kill la Kill is my favourite anime, so I highly recommend giving it a try, just don't take it too seriously.

Netflix did annoy me in the past back when they removed Death Note shortly before I was going to watch it.

I'm counting [email protected] as legendary birds, so there.

My Anime List
Every one of the cards has its own character and is very powerful

My Wii U and 3DS username is Crimson

Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

RR529

@Krillin_, yeah, Kill la Kill should be fine, since it's Sentai Filmworks I believe (at least here in the US). Anything localized by Sentai, Aniplex, or Netflix themselves should be complete.

Watched it when Toonami showed it over here. Not one of my favorites, but it was a pretty fun time.

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

CanisWolfred

Kill La Kill is licensed by Aniplex. Also, Hunter x Hunter is a VizMedia license. Just wanted to point that out...you can find that info on MyAnimeList for pete's sake...no need to guess...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic