Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 12,161 to 12,180 of 13,138

JoyBoy

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Spanjard wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'm just here to remind people to watch Little Witch Academia, because it is the best.

...Yeah, I needed that reminder. I haven't booted up Netflix in quite some time, so I keep forgetting about it.

I wanted to love it. On a personal level, and even though it’s considered cliche, I found that the intro was perfect. I loved everything about it. Till... he went to the actual academy and things went down rapidly for me. Just everything from characters, pacing and quality overall. I was really offended and gave one more episode a go, but it didn’t convince me to continue watching.

Did I watch filler or something? I’m curious if other people felt the same. I’m also open to continue watching if things get better, because I really liked it.

No, you're just flatly wrong.

also you're complaining about pacing of a Trigger show but have a One Piece avatar. Dude, cmon.

Yes dude, because every show is the same. You can always try and give reasons because that is always hard.
I started it again but I still don’t like it. The show just isn’t for me I guess, even though the beginning tries to be.

I recently started rewatching DB for the first time in japanese and I don’t think I can ever go back. The voices are just so good and make the english voice-over sound like a parody. Really fun! Also I think I’ve seen a few scenes up untill now that weren’t included in the western version, but I could be wrong about that.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

OmegaDestroyer

Anyone else reading Golden Kaumy or Kingdom? I used to enjoy both series but lately have found them to becoming quite tedious to read. I didn't really expect Kingdom to be a quick read but it really drags out during the battles. As to the Golden Kaumy, the large cast of characters is really starting to slow down the series. Hard to care about X's backstory when it adds nothing to the overall plot.

OmegaDestroyer

CanisWolfred

Caved and got an Amazon Prime Trial. Not gonna pay $13 a month to enable my barely-controllable buying addiction, but I will use it as an excuse to watch Grimoire of Zero and Re:Creator. I was considering throwing another in the pile, but I just don't have the time, I only have until July 28th to cancel it. Already enjoying Grimoire of Zero quite a bit. Hopefully Re:Creator proves to be entertaining. I think I've already predicted the ending after 1 episode, but I'm only really interested in the animated spectacle, anyways...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

I'll be honest, I have no idea what new anime are out right now. I usually have some idea but despite paying more attention than ever, I've heard not much about anything. It's weird.

Apparently they made a really dark show with Banana in the title, that's'the most I know. Which is still better than anime titles that are just an awkward sentence.

Might get into some of the series from the past year or so I've missed out on like A Place Further Than the Universe or 91 Days or something...

I also started watching Serial Experiments Lain but the sound design already makes it clear I don't want to watch this series too often. I legit got a headache from episode 1.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CanisWolfred

@kkslider5552000 Probably because it's a dry season. Happens every summer. A lot of Season twos and threes, but otherwise I don't think there's anything worth getting hyped up about. I'm gonna try Angelmois next weekend, but I'm mostly just expecting good action and a historical setting that serves to remind me that Sucker Punch is making a new game...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RR529

I haven't been keeping up with anime at all lately. Every once in awhile I'll catch Jojo on Toonami, but that's about it other than when I rewatched the original GitS film last week.

Even on Netflix the last thing I watched was either A.I.C.O. Incarnation or that Godzilla: Monster Planet movie, whichever was most recent, lol (so it's been a few months).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

CanisWolfred

I should note that I've been rewatching a lot of stuff for a while, too. Never sure what to say about it a second time, though, so I usually don't bother to post about it. Various Gundam incarnations, that Netflix Godzilla movie, Madoka Magica, One Punch Man, and a few others I can't remember off hand.

I also see I didn't post a rant I was preparing regarding Darling in the Franxx, so I'll just give the short version:

It's annoyingly mediocre considering the talent that's working on it, especially in terms of writing and it's bland as heck main cast, and the amount of homages to other, better series further punctuates how much of a waste of my time it is. It's still pretty enough, with good fight scenes, and it's not terrible overall - even as a mecha series, I've put up with far worse over the years...but I don't have to anymore. There have been better series in recent years that I don't mind watching again instead. And you know what? I never did finish Eureka Seven, so the next time I get the urge to see anything Darling had to offer, I'll watch that instead. It's just a much better-written series, one that I still admire and think about to the point where I often forget I still haven't seen every episode yet. In fact, there's a second Eureka Seven series series...which is probably worse than the original in every way, but at least it means another 24 reasons why I shouldn't bother watching Darling in the Franxx again.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

@Tsurii And I'll overlook every show you mentioned that wasn't My Hero Academia.

With that said, I meant the season that just started, not the one that just ended. Last season was great. Part of why Darling stands out as disappointing (besides the poorly excecuted subplots, complete lack of subtlety, rushed ending, bland characters, the amount of scenes that homage shows like Evangelion without really doing anything with them, or the fact that this is the first Studio Trigger series that didn't really feel unique and memorable to me in any way whatsoever, except for maybe quirks like butt controls that wouldn't feel out of place in your average ecchi shlockfest), is that there were so many more shows I could've watched instead in this season alone, let alone in years past...really just felt like I picked the wrong one to follow, since most of my free time went to Warframe these past few months. Oh well, at least I have the summer season to catch up.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

Tsurii wrote:

@CanisWolfred I was talking about the currently starting one as well, actually. One of those people who hate themselves enough to keep up with stuff as it's airing.

Yeah, I probably shouldn't post when I'm ready to collapse. We'll just have to agree to disagree, since, aside from maybe Angolmois, I personally don't see anything that looks like it has an interesting story worth following outside of continuing series (and I consider "season X" of anything "continuing" - the story that was set up before is now continuing, what the hell else do you call that???). Which isn't a bad thing, but....I was gonna put in the time into those shows I already liked anyways, that's not really "hype" material. Then there's the episodic series, which I personally don't find appealing by default, and I haven't noticed a consensus for this season from my general observations. That's all I meant by a dry season...there's just no buzz, and I'm under the impression that the animators would rather be at the beach rather than working in the studio...and with the current line-up, I'm inclined to join them...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Deku-Scrub

So I just finished Re:Zero, and OH MY GOSH was that one heck of a ride. I am still at a loss for words for what I can even say about it.

Although probably one of the best things I did going into it was that I watched it 100% blind to what it was even about, or who many of the characters were (Outside of knowing who Rem was based on her massively large fan base)

This is hands down my favorite anime at the moment, and I am so excited for the OVA coming later this year too (I got my fingers crossed for a season 2... c'mon make it happen guys).

Deku-Scrub

Joycon Boy Forever

Currently Playing:
Switch: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
3DS: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
PS4: Persona 5, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

CanisWolfred

Deku-Scrub wrote:

So I just finished Re:Zero, and OH MY GOSH was that one heck of a ride. I am still at a loss for words for what I can even say about it.

Although probably one of the best things I did going into it was that I watched it 100% blind to what it was even about, or who many of the characters were (Outside of knowing who Rem was based on her massively large fan base)

This is hands down my favorite anime at the moment, and I am so excited for the OVA coming later this year too (I got my fingers crossed for a season 2... c'mon make it happen guys).

You're lucky you went into it blind. A light novel fan ruined the bigger plot twists for me before the series even started. Wound up dropping it pretty early on, since the build up to the interesting parts took too long, and I already knew what was gonna happen. Then again, I figured knowing the twists would make me put up with the usual light novel tropes, but...they're just terrible tropes that ruin everything they touch, and I could never actually sit through a full episode without pausing to do something else in between...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Deku-Scrub

@CanisWolfred That’s a real shame, I am personally really new to the world of anime, manga, and what not, and I literally only yesterday while looking into more about the story discovered the light novels (and for that matter what a light novel even is).

I was much the opposite with the episodes of Re:Zero though compared to your experience, I couldn’t stop watching it, and I haven’t binged a show this hard in a very long time, so it was refreshing yet exausting as odd as that may sound.

Deku-Scrub

Joycon Boy Forever

Currently Playing:
Switch: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
3DS: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
PS4: Persona 5, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

Joeynator3000

Not sure when, but I think I might look into another anime series. I dunno why I never bothered looking into it before, but One Piece. Not sure when, since my internet is acting up, but yeah I think I'll be checking this out soon.

Also, the anime has Warriors games, so even better if I do like this series. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Fooligan

@Joeynator3000 Isn't One Piece the one that people say takes 200 episodes (yes, 200) for it to START getting good? Does that sound fun Joe? I don't think so. What you should watch if you haven't already is Food Wars. It has weird humor and boobs, your two favorite things! (or is that three? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)) Just a friendly suggestion buddy. You do whatever you want.

What do you use to watch anime? Funimation? Amazon Video? Crunchyroll?

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

Joeynator3000

...I'm fine watching it from the beginning, I won't know till I see it. And apparently Funimation has issues with buffering, which is irritating.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

kkslider5552000

Fooligan wrote:

Isn't One Piece the one that people say takes 200 episodes (yes, 200) for it to START getting good?

Anyone who thinks One Piece isn't good at the start is an idiot. Whoever told you that you should cut out of your life.

Joeynator3000

I honestly just ignore anime "fans" anyways, most of them are just...ugh...Especially the dub haters.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Fooligan

It was just some random guy from some anime board I use to lurk on a long time ago so no big loss on my part.

What's this about dub haters though? Dubs are trash, Joe. Deal with it! Lol Nah just kidding. I think it just come down to what voices you hear first. Like how some baby animals imprint on the first thing they see.
Dragonball Z I first saw the dub back in the 90s and I saw a couple episodes in Japanese and the voices TO ME don't seem right.
Now on the other hand, Your Lie in April I saw the Japanese version first and then I tried to watch the dub and it just sounded wrong.

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

Joeynator3000

tries to watch One Piece again
Yay Funimation's stupid site is working again!!!

Keep it PG-13-ish.

kkslider5552000

That reminds me, I haven't bought a new One Piece DVD in a while. Need to get back to that (...I mean I have 350 episodes, shouldn't stop now :V)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic