Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 12,061 to 12,080 of 13,141

Phazon

Chalupa wrote:

@Phazon it's called not letting the negativity get to you. At the moment all you are doing is spreading negativity so it would be best if people ignored you. Like you said it's the internet, which on the internet it's easy to click off of a page if you see something that displeases you. If it was a serious issue like someone getting harassed then that is when the matter should be addressed.

Says the guy who watches the cancer that is dragon ball super

by the way, i've "ignored" you, have fun debating that

Edited on by Phazon

Phazon

Spoony_Tech

@Octane Need some modding in here.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Phazon wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Guys, we have an ignore button for a reason. With that said, don't be afraid to hit the report button before you do, if it's that serious.

so instead of sorting out the problem and dealing with the issue, there's always the option to ignore.

Hey, just like real life nowadays.

We might as well be digitized into the internet.

Actually, that's why I suggested using the report button, so the mods are made aware of your 3rd grade-level harassment in this thread. The ignore button then ensures that we don't have to read any further posts you make until the mods take care of the matter.

Speaking of which: I think I'll utilize my own advice this time.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Spoony_Tech

@CanisWolfred I did that like 5 hours ago and that's why I posted twice now after I deleted my last comment. I keep on knocking but no one is listening. Must be Sunday problems.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Octane

@Spoony_Tech I'm a mortal being and I need sleep!

There's not a whole lot I can do, but I've contacted the other mods. I'm awaiting a response too.

Octane

Joeynator3000

@Phazon You obviously want a ban, so...

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

RR529

Knights of Sidonia (Netflix Original)

A pretty great watch, though the fact that it's incomplete (at this point) is a bummer. It draws a lot of inspiration from 80's & 90's mecha (I noticed a lot of Evangelion influence, personally), but is very much it's own thing. The story/lore is intriguing, the action is usually fantastic (although the limitations of CGI pop up from time to time, most worryingly during the opening action scene in episode 1, but it's usually much smoother than that), and it's very pleasing aesthetically.

The biggest drawback is that, as mentioned before, it's currently incomplete, so there's a ton of loose ends. Personally, I also wasn't a big fan of the direction the romantic sub-plot was taking, but of course that'll come down to the individual.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

FriedSquid

I hate to ask this question, but has anyone watched Neo Yokio? I couldn't make it past two episodes. I am so confused, and I have many questions — for example, why does this exist? Is it supposed to be so bad it's funny? How did they get Jude Law and Steve Buscemi to voice act for this?

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

CanisWolfred

FriedSquid wrote:

I hate to ask this question, but has anyone watched Neo Yokio? I couldn't make it past two episodes. I am so confused, and I have many questions — for example, why does this exist? Is it supposed to be so bad it's funny? How did they get Jude Law and Steve Buscemi to voice act for this?

I have never heard of this one, actually.

Googles

...how is this a thing?!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RR529

Yeah, I saw the trailer for that on YouTube (with no sound even!), and knew it looked bad.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

kkslider5552000

Made In Abyss. Episode 10. I do not even have words.

And people thought Heavy Rain got intense...

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

crimsontadpoles

The Stardust Crusaders arc of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure was superb. The over the top action was fantastic, and most of the characters were interesting.

My main problem with it was that most episodes didn't do much to advance the plot. Most episodes was just the good guys getting closer to the big bad, and then getting attacked. Due to this issue, Battle Tendency is still my favourite JoJo story arc.

I'm not sure yet what I'll watch next, but I'd like to watch a completely different anime before moving on to the Diamond is Unbreakable season of JoJo.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

Jhena

Just finished the first season of made in abyss. It started nice enough but the deeper they went into the abyss the deeper and better the show got. After the PV i expected a rather cute and naive adventure but it was also pretty intense and hardcore at times. Seriously the part where riko meets mitty in her dreams is just eft up (as is pretty much everything regarding mitty). I felt so sorry for her. But the tone was still a nice surprise and its actually a good mix. The characters are really loveable. Especially nanachi. I like it how shes so cute but a little bit gloomy. Also couldnt resist the urge to hug and pat her.

I hope it wont take to long to be continued in anime form. If the manga is further i think ill read the manga. Or maybe ill read the manga anyway^^
I think the show and the world portrayed in it is awesome and im thankful for the experience. Its motivating to go further and further.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

CanisWolfred

Okay, I actually decided to take a look at this upcoming season's anime chart. I stopped watching trailers two seasons ago, and I'll continue to do the same again, since trailers have only lead to disappointment for me in the past. With that said:

I might give Black Clover a chance.

I'm glad Blood Blockade Battlefront is coming back.

Dies Irae looks interesting, but everything people have said about it suggests it'll probably turn into a rushed mess. If it turns out better than expected, though, I'll definitely give it a watch. Otherwise it'll be yet another reason why 12-episode seasons shouldn't be the default for story-heavy adaptions...

More Gintama is always good.

I actually had a soft spot for the first season of Hoozuki.

Why are they making another adaption of Kino's Journey? The first one seemed fine enough.

Robomasters: The Animated Series sounds like everything I originally wanted Robotics;Notes to be, although I still liked that show in the end.

Does anybody know if Altair: A Record of Battles has been any good so far?

Glad to see we'll be getting the second Mobile Suit Gundam: Thunderbolt movie soon, not to mention more Digimon Adventures Tri. Oh, and the animated Godzilla movie looks amazing! I can't wait for it!

Oh, and I forgot Yamato 2202 was on-going! I can't wait until that's finished and translated so I can binge-watch it! 2199 was amazing and I really want to see what happens after that!

^Just my unfiltered thoughts after looking at AniCharts, sans all the "This looks dumb" and "ew, why is this a thing?" that I've learned doesn't really add anything positive to a conversation.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jhena

Another anime i cant recommend enough is march comes in like a lion. Its an anime about shogi and growing up. I really loved how serious the anime is at times and yet so uplifting with a slightly melancholic touch. A great example how deep drama can feel warm. I also developed deep respect for this sport and the players. Its like the anime was made by professinal and passionat shogi players. Many great and loveable characters in this show with great dialog and deep monologues. The womanly trio and the (rival aka best friend) nikaidou are easily the most loveable ones. My favourite is shimada. Hes so good i had sometimes the feeling he stole the show of the main rei towards the end of the anime and it didnt even feel bad. I think they are a perfect match. The animation and scenery is of course also great.

Thanks for this show Shaft and i cant wait for the second season^^

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic