Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 12,041 to 12,060 of 13,106

Jhena

Just finished the first season of made in abyss. It started nice enough but the deeper they went into the abyss the deeper and better the show got. After the PV i expected a rather cute and naive adventure but it was also pretty intense and hardcore at times. Seriously the part where riko meets mitty in her dreams is just eft up (as is pretty much everything regarding mitty). I felt so sorry for her. But the tone was still a nice surprise and its actually a good mix. The characters are really loveable. Especially nanachi. I like it how shes so cute but a little bit gloomy. Also couldnt resist the urge to hug and pat her.

I hope it wont take to long to be continued in anime form. If the manga is further i think ill read the manga. Or maybe ill read the manga anyway^^
I think the show and the world portrayed in it is awesome and im thankful for the experience. Its motivating to go further and further.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

CanisWolfred

Okay, I actually decided to take a look at this upcoming season's anime chart. I stopped watching trailers two seasons ago, and I'll continue to do the same again, since trailers have only lead to disappointment for me in the past. With that said:

I might give Black Clover a chance.

I'm glad Blood Blockade Battlefront is coming back.

Dies Irae looks interesting, but everything people have said about it suggests it'll probably turn into a rushed mess. If it turns out better than expected, though, I'll definitely give it a watch. Otherwise it'll be yet another reason why 12-episode seasons shouldn't be the default for story-heavy adaptions...

More Gintama is always good.

I actually had a soft spot for the first season of Hoozuki.

Why are they making another adaption of Kino's Journey? The first one seemed fine enough.

Robomasters: The Animated Series sounds like everything I originally wanted Robotics;Notes to be, although I still liked that show in the end.

Does anybody know if Altair: A Record of Battles has been any good so far?

Glad to see we'll be getting the second Mobile Suit Gundam: Thunderbolt movie soon, not to mention more Digimon Adventures Tri. Oh, and the animated Godzilla movie looks amazing! I can't wait for it!

Oh, and I forgot Yamato 2202 was on-going! I can't wait until that's finished and translated so I can binge-watch it! 2199 was amazing and I really want to see what happens after that!

^Just my unfiltered thoughts after looking at AniCharts, sans all the "This looks dumb" and "ew, why is this a thing?" that I've learned doesn't really add anything positive to a conversation.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jhena

Another anime i cant recommend enough is march comes in like a lion. Its an anime about shogi and growing up. I really loved how serious the anime is at times and yet so uplifting with a slightly melancholic touch. A great example how deep drama can feel warm. I also developed deep respect for this sport and the players. Its like the anime was made by professinal and passionat shogi players. Many great and loveable characters in this show with great dialog and deep monologues. The womanly trio and the (rival aka best friend) nikaidou are easily the most loveable ones. My favourite is shimada. Hes so good i had sometimes the feeling he stole the show of the main rei towards the end of the anime and it didnt even feel bad. I think they are a perfect match. The animation and scenery is of course also great.

Thanks for this show Shaft and i cant wait for the second season^^

Jhena

kkslider5552000

That is an anime that I've been watching. It's really good I think?

I'm not sure I ever want to watch more of it. For various reasons. It's not a boring, typical series, that's for sure.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Jhena

@kkslider5552000 Yes the anime certainly has character but at the same time it feels so traditional and japanese like no other show i have seen recently. You know this mix of calmness and perfection.

I think the first season ended good enough to be finished but i also would like to see the new hope in rei flourish and break out like a dandelion through the concrete.

Jhena

RR529

Started watching KuroMakuro. Just 5 episodes in so far, but mechs AND feudal era Japan!?! It's started out really good.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

LuckyLand

@crimsontadpoles Stardust crusaders barely have a plot, it is only about the characters and their enemies, and how crazy they can become. It is simply natural that most of its episodes don't advance the plot because there are very few real steps in the plot.
Diamond is unbreakable has a much more deep and complex plot but it only begins after the first half of the episodes. Sometimes you also watch things that look like fillers and then in further episodes they could be brought back in and become really relevant in the main plot.
I had a hard time trying to find something to watch after JoJo since I love JoJo so much but after having tried a few things now I am watching Ushio & Tora. I'm not into it that much but it is entertaining and nice

Edited on by LuckyLand

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Jhena

I tried watching digimon universe only to realise that its appmon now and the appmon want to be yokai(mon). And the protagonist is so bad his goal is to be a protagonist (im not joking). Seriously this anime is dead.

I havent watched xcros wars yet and i dont plan to but this is the first digimon i would call bad. The others are solid entertainment especially for kids. Even if i had zombie kids i wouldnt let them watch this lifeless garbage.

Jhena

RR529

Well, it looks like the Kyokai no Rinne anime has ended after 3 seasons.

Kind of disappointing, but it lasted longer than I thought it would. Must have been more popular in Japan than in the west, because not only have I heard no one else talk about it, I don't think Sentai ever bothered to dub it (they gave it a sub only release).

Hopefully I'll find a way to finish the series, the manga is still ongoing (I think around 400 chapters at this point), but whoever was handling the fan translation dropped it somewhere in the 210's a long time ago...

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

crimsontadpoles

I've just finished Cardcaptor Sakura and I quite liked that one. It was something that I really wanted to watch because I vaguely recalled enjoying Cardcaptors when I was a kid, but I couldn't remember much of it. The action scenes were my favourite part of it, but it had too much romance for me.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

RR529

Finished up KuroMukuro (Netflix Original) recently. I've liked a lot of what I've watched on Netflix, but I'm pretty certain this is my favorite by far.

I loved the mix of traditional Japanese culture/aesthetics and mecha (not to mention the fact that it stayed centered in Japan), I loved the central romance storyline (reminded me a lot of InuYasha, TBH, though much faster paced), and I loved Tom (probably top 5 Americans in anime, IMO).

Pretty great overall, though I didn't care too much for most of the Efidolg geoframe designs (other than the titular KuroMukuro). Liked the human made GAUS units, though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

KirbyTheVampire

I'm sure plenty of people will cringe at this, but I've just started watching Sword Art Online, and for the first time in my life I've realized that anime can actually be enjoyable, lol. It's still a little cringy at times like a lot of anime is (IMO), but I'm legitimately invested in the story and characters. Maybe I was wrong about 99.9% of anime being super obnoxious and not worth my time.

The only other anime I've watched is Castlevania (Enjoyed it a ton, but I barely consider that an anime. Maybe it's just me, but pretty much everything about it seems pretty Western) and the first episode of Death Note, which was fairly interesting, but not quite enough time for me to really get interested. I've heard a lot of good things about it though, so I'll give it another shot eventually.

Also, Attack on Titan seems to pretty much be the Game of Thrones/The Walking Dead of the anime world, so I'm interested in watching that as well.

KirbyTheVampire

CanisWolfred

RR529 wrote:

Finished up KuroMukuro (Netflix Original) recently. I've liked a lot of what I've watched on Netflix, but I'm pretty certain this is my favorite by far.

I loved the mix of traditional Japanese culture/aesthetics and mecha (not to mention the fact that it stayed centered in Japan), I loved the central romance storyline (reminded me a lot of InuYasha, TBH, though much faster paced), and I loved Tom (probably top 5 Americans in anime, IMO).

Pretty great overall, though I didn't care too much for most of the Efidolg geoframe designs (other than the titular KuroMukuro). Liked the human made GAUS units, though.

Even the ending? I mean, I liked the series well enough, but I honestly can't think of a more fitting description of its ending other than "To Be Continued Never". Made the whole experience feel like a waste, IMO.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

The first episode of Little Witch Academia is in my top 10 for first episodes of an anime. **** Netflix for unintentionally burying this series' chances of reaching a large audience with its stupid assumptions about how every series should be showcased on Netflix.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

RR529

CanisWolfred wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Even the ending? I mean, I liked the series well enough, but I honestly can't think of a more fitting description of its ending other than "To Be Continued Never". Made the whole experience feel like a waste, IMO.

I can totally understand that. I guess it just never really bothered me, for some reason.

I'll admit it's disappointing to know we'll never get to see who the Efidolg really are though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

CanisWolfred

RR529 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

RR529 wrote:

I can totally understand that. I guess it just never really bothered me, for some reason.

I'll admit it's disappointing to know we'll never get to see who the Efidolg really are though.

What? That's what you were disappointed by?

They send the main protagonist in a wormhole so he can join forces with a coalition of alien races to make a final stand with the Efi Dorg, yet do we actually get to see that? NO!!! Instead, it ends on a to be continued where they spend half a decade building a ship and just...hoping they catch up to them before it's to late. Unless they make a movie or continuation, as far as I'm concerned, this series was never finished.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Joeynator3000

sees an anime with a very creepy, weird, yellow, alien smiley thing
...Well, this is listed as a comedy apparently...so...um...>_>
watches Assassination Classroom

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.