Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 121 to 140 of 11,729

Terra

I might look into Cyborg 009, Looks good. I just watched both the Vampire Hunter D films and after watching Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade, I'm going to watch some of the Ghibli films, among other films. I've started looking into some of the more lesser known stuff.

Terra

Dezner

Has anyone here seen Noein at all? I won the box set at a convention, though I wanted to win the Haruhi artbook that was the prize after me.

Anyway, it's not that I won't enjoy the show if I start watching it, but I usually like to buy a show knowing at least what I'm getting in to. It's from Manga, so it's probably an action show. That's about all I know! Opinions!

Edited on by Dezner

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

Objection

I also have Noein and I liked it. The plot is confusing at times later on but the animation is good and the dub is really well done.

Edited on by Objection

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.
Backloggery My LP Youtube

Terra

I've gathered myself a huge list of films to watch seeing that I have a lot of free time right now, films which I haven't yet watched including quite a few Animes. I feel like I'm starting to dig deeper into Anime.

The list includes some of the Ghibli films, such as Porco Rosso, Tales From Earthsea, Castle In The Sky, Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind, Lupin III: The Castle Of Cagliostro and Whisper Of The Heart.

I also was going to watch some more of Satoshi Kon's works after seeing Perfect Blue, such as Paprika and Tokyo Godfathers alongside Makoto Shinkai's Voices Of A Distant Star, 5 Centimetres Per Second and The Place Promised In Our Early Days.

Finally, I also have on the list Gainax's Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise, and I did have the anime Metropolis on the list but I watched it earlier.

Edited on by Terra

Terra

Dezner

Cool, I'm looking forward to watching Noein then!

Uguu!

Twitter:

Objection

Recently I started nabari no ou and FMA Brotherhood. Nabari is quite good but apart from the amazing opening/closings, I prefer the first FMA to Brotherhood. It just feels less fleshed out.

Dezner

Heh, I've almost completely forgot about catching up with Brotherhood. I'm still on the third or fourth episode! xD

Uguu!

Twitter:

Cryptonic

irken004 wrote:

This is easily my fave anime:

so its astro boy at age 15?

Wii :6638 - 2205 - 3294 - 3850
SSBB: 4812 - 5583 - 8961
3DS: 4038 - 6000 - 1698
"Tiger Man was wise"

Terra

Wait a minute, which Cyborg 009 series is that? I heard there were 3 recently

Terra

Objection

Dezner wrote:

Heh, I've almost completely forgot about catching up with Brotherhood. I'm still on the third or fourth episode! xD

Wow, you do! There's around 19 episodes in Japan, with FUNimation posting the first 17 or so subbed on youtube. I'm on episode10 and I think the majority of the "new" stuff happens around 14.

Terra

This is just a rumour but if it's true, I'll be seriously F***ed off. I just heard that for the US live action remake of Death Note, that Warner Bros are considering hiring Zac Efron for the role of Light Yagami. I knew not to expect too much from this film but that's completely unacceptable, it'll ruin the film.

Terra

Objection

I agree, there are so many better young actors they could choose... At least its not Shia Lebouf.

Terra

Objection_Blaster wrote:

I agree, there are so many better young actors they could choose... At least its not Shia Lebouf.

True. Admittedly Zac Efron looks kind of like Light Yagami, so I can understand why they'd choose him. Here's a comparison of the two, Light as he appeared in the Anime and Manga

Light and Zac. We should be thankful that Shia LaDouche doesn't look like him, I guess

Terra

Objection

Admittedly, he has similar hair and facial structure but that face is a little too prettyboy for my Justice-bringing mass murderering tastes. I'll just say this, if Efron pulls it off at least halfway decently (assuming he really is casted) then he'll have earned my respect.

Popyman

Cool they're going to make a English live-action Death Note movie? I think it'll be better than the Japanese one no matter what they do...

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

Terra

American remakes are almost always crap (at least when compared to the original) so I don't expect any different from Death Note.

I stopped with the list briefly as I had the chance to re-watch Ponyo (Japanese with subtitles). Great Film

Terra

Popyman

Ponyo isn't playing ANYWHERE near me! Me, my sister, and my mom are super pissed...

In other news, I just found out Viz is catching the One Piece manga up with Japan! I am SO freaking psyched!

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

Terra

Earlier, on the TV, by chance I came across an episode of a series I haven't seen in a very long time. Beyblade.

I used to love that series when I was about 9-10. I still like it now, so I'm going to rewatch it after such a long time. I remember I stopped watching because I didn't like V-Force but I'm willing to try and watch that one again, along G Revolution and the new Metal Fusion. Feels great to watch it again after so long. Don't judge me

Terra

Objection

Saw Ponyo last night. It was really great. It proves a movie doesn't need to make complete sense to be funny and give you a good feeling about life.

SMEXIZELDAMAN

is it baby ish or ish it goods?

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic