General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 121 to 140 of 10,195

AuthorMessage

Lombax42

121. Posted:

I tend to go for some of the crazier series out there. I think Ranma 1/2 is one of the best shows out there, and Excell Saga was totally insane! I also liked Get Backers, and someday I might look into UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie if I can spare the cash. :P

I'm a lifelong gamer who'll play just about anything that sounds good, regardless of reviews. My Backloggery is still a work in progress, but when it's done you'll know what I mean.
My Backloggery
DIY FC:5414-2316-5886

AuthorMessage

Terra

122. Posted:

SUPERZELDAMAN wrote:

@Terranigma can u give me that link on the site of how to draw anime?

Don't know which site you mean

Terra

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2530-5557 | Twitter: HDStockdale

AuthorMessage

SMEXIZELDAMAN

123. Posted:

@Terranigma it was on one other anime thread and some guy gave you a link

Edited on by SMEXIZELDAMAN

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage

Terra

124. Posted:

SUPERZELDAMAN wrote:

@Terranigma it was on one other anime thread and some guy gave you a link

I can't remember that, Sorry. If you look around online, I'm sure you'll be able to find a site to help you.

Terra

AuthorMessage

Terra

125. Posted:

I might look into Cyborg 009, Looks good. I just watched both the Vampire Hunter D films and after watching Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade, I'm going to watch some of the Ghibli films, among other films. I've started looking into some of the more lesser known stuff.

Terra

AuthorMessage

VGM

126. Posted:

Yesterday I saw Paprika on Starz & It was really good,The storyline was great. :)

VGM = Video Game Musician
http://twitter.com/VGP94

AuthorMessage

Dezner

127. Posted:

Has anyone here seen Noein at all? I won the box set at a convention, though I wanted to win the Haruhi artbook that was the prize after me. :(

Anyway, it's not that I won't enjoy the show if I start watching it, but I usually like to buy a show knowing at least what I'm getting in to. It's from Manga, so it's probably an action show. That's about all I know! Opinions! :o

Edited on by Dezner

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

VGM

128. Posted:

Dezner wrote:

Has anyone here seen Noein at all? I won the box set at a convention, though I wanted to win the Haruhi artbook that was the prize after me. :(

Anyway, it's not that I won't enjoy the show if I start watching it, but I usually like to buy a show knowing at least what I'm getting in to. It's from Manga, so it's probably an action show. That's about all I know! Opinions! :o

last year I watched a little bit of Noein on Ani-Mondays on the Sci-fi channel. :) It was a pretty good show. I Haven't seen the Whole series but I've seen quite a bit of it.the reason why I didn't see the whole series is because Gurren Lagann came out while I was watching Noein & I stopped watching Noein because I was hooked on Gurren Lagann. :) Gurren Lagann = Epic

Edited on by VGM

VGM = Video Game Musician
http://twitter.com/VGP94

AuthorMessage

Objection

129. Posted:

I also have Noein and I liked it. The plot is confusing at times later on but the animation is good and the dub is really well done.

Edited on by Objection

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.
Backloggery My LP Youtube

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

AuthorMessage

Terra

130. Posted:

I've gathered myself a huge list of films to watch seeing that I have a lot of free time right now, films which I haven't yet watched including quite a few Animes. I feel like I'm starting to dig deeper into Anime.

The list includes some of the Ghibli films, such as Porco Rosso, Tales From Earthsea, Castle In The Sky, Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind, Lupin III: The Castle Of Cagliostro and Whisper Of The Heart.

I also was going to watch some more of Satoshi Kon's works after seeing Perfect Blue, such as Paprika and Tokyo Godfathers alongside Makoto Shinkai's Voices Of A Distant Star, 5 Centimetres Per Second and The Place Promised In Our Early Days.

Finally, I also have on the list Gainax's Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise, and I did have the anime Metropolis on the list but I watched it earlier.

Edited on by Terra

Terra

AuthorMessage

Dezner

131. Posted:

Cool, I'm looking forward to watching Noein then! :o

Uguu!

AuthorMessage

Objection

132. Posted:

Recently I started nabari no ou and FMA Brotherhood. Nabari is quite good but apart from the amazing opening/closings, I prefer the first FMA to Brotherhood. It just feels less fleshed out.

AuthorMessage

Dezner

133. Posted:

Heh, I've almost completely forgot about catching up with Brotherhood. I'm still on the third or fourth episode! xD

Uguu!

AuthorMessage

Cryptonic

134. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

This is easily my fave anime:

so its astro boy at age 15?

Wii :6638 - 2205 - 3294 - 3850
SSBB: 4812 - 5583 - 8961
3DS: 4038 - 6000 - 1698
"Tiger Man was wise"

AuthorMessage

Terra

135. Posted:

Wait a minute, which Cyborg 009 series is that? I heard there were 3 recently

Terra

AuthorMessage

Objection

136. Posted:

Dezner wrote:

Heh, I've almost completely forgot about catching up with Brotherhood. I'm still on the third or fourth episode! xD

Wow, you do! :P There's around 19 episodes in Japan, with FUNimation posting the first 17 or so subbed on youtube. I'm on episode10 and I think the majority of the "new" stuff happens around 14.

AuthorMessage

Terra

137. Posted:

This is just a rumour but if it's true, I'll be seriously F***ed off. I just heard that for the US live action remake of Death Note, that Warner Bros are considering hiring Zac Efron for the role of Light Yagami. I knew not to expect too much from this film but that's completely unacceptable, it'll ruin the film.

Terra

AuthorMessage

Objection

138. Posted:

I agree, there are so many better young actors they could choose... At least its not Shia Lebouf. :p

AuthorMessage

Terra

139. Posted:

Objection_Blaster wrote:

I agree, there are so many better young actors they could choose... At least its not Shia Lebouf. :p

True. Admittedly Zac Efron looks kind of like Light Yagami, so I can understand why they'd choose him. Here's a comparison of the two, Light as he appeared in the Anime and Manga

Light and Zac. We should be thankful that Shia LaDouche doesn't look like him, I guess

Terra

AuthorMessage

Objection

140. Posted:

Admittedly, he has similar hair and facial structure but that face is a little too prettyboy for my Justice-bringing mass murderering tastes. I'll just say this, if Efron pulls it off at least halfway decently (assuming he really is casted) then he'll have earned my respect.