Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 11,441 to 11,460 of 13,106

kkslider5552000

Megumi_Sagano wrote:

Eureka Seven is confusing half of the time...but whatever, I'm just in it for the mechs.
...and, uh, Eureka...lol.

I dunno, outside of a...few sequences it's not anymore confusing than...literally any anime.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Joeynator3000

Well I don't watch too many anime, the only confusing ones I own are Eureka Seven and, of course, School Rumble. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

RR529

Yeah, the general plot isn't hard to follow at all, but it does have some elements that can be hard to fully grasp (such as the nature/science behind the trappars, limit of questions, & Anemone).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Joeynator3000

Yeah and the ending was just "...what?" to me. xD

Keep it PG-13-ish.

RR529

Oh sweet! In the newest episode of My Hero Academia, All Might used an attack named after my home state!

Maybe he has surpassed Chibodee as best "animerican", maybe...

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

CanisWolfred

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Megumi_Sagano wrote:

Eureka Seven is confusing half of the time...but whatever, I'm just in it for the mechs.

I dunno, outside of a...few sequences it's not anymore confusing than...literally any anime.

I started rewatching Eureka Seven recently, and I'd agree with Megumi that it's confusing, at least if you're trying to understand it from an in-universe standpoint in the first half. It doesn't always feel consistant, and the audience usually gets jerked around with allusions to terms and events that the characters actively refuse to talk about, even when other characters ask about it. A lot of this can be explained as the writers trying to keep the fourth wall as intact as possible, but it can be downright opaque at times. This series was clearly meant for multiple viewings, which is risky, to say the least.

But I still like it in the end. While I'm frustrated by the lack of details, it's pretty clear they'll be explained eventually, they just don't want all the nitty-gritty stuff getting in the way of the love story between Eureka and Renton. Which actually has been worth it so far, though I can't say exactly why, if only because I know next-to-nil about relationships...

Other things I've watched lately:

Gargantia of the Verderous Planet (start to finish)
Kill La Kill
LOTS of Gundam. The newest ones have been fantastic, especially Iron-Blooded Orphans.
One-Punch Man (Caught up with manga at the start of the year, too)
Ushio & Tora
Gintama
Sgt. Frog
Lots of Fairy Tail and One Piece
A bunch of stuff that I only watched a few episodes of before getting distracted and/or not particularly caring for it.

I'll probably talk more about these later, but I think that's enough for now. I'm probably forgetting about a few big ones, anyways.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Wheeler

Saw episode 9 of Macross Delta today. Finally Messer is no longer a d-bag and started to become more of a bro. Messer sure cares deeply for Kaname:
Untitled

Also, Freyja being nervous that Hayate and Mirage were couple was pretty cute. Looks like the love triangle might start next episode:
Untitled

Edited on by Wheeler

Wheeler

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Megumi_Sagano wrote:

I started rewatching Eureka Seven recently, and I'd agree with Megumi that it's confusing, at least if you're trying to understand it from an in-universe standpoint in the first half. It doesn't always feel consistant, and the audience usually gets jerked around with allusions to terms and events that the characters actively refuse to talk about, even when other characters ask about it. A lot of this can be explained as the writers trying to keep the fourth wall as intact as possible, but it can be downright opaque at times. This series was clearly meant for multiple viewings, which is risky, to say the least.

But I still like it in the end. While I'm frustrated by the lack of details, it's pretty clear they'll be explained eventually, they just don't want all the nitty-gritty stuff getting in the way of the love story between Eureka and Renton. Which actually has been worth it so far, though I can't say exactly why, if only because I know next-to-nil about relationships...

I mean, I guess I mean more that I usually get the gist of what's going on, even in the weirder situations. Whereas I've watched a good chunk of anime where there are sections where I don't what is happening or at least why at points. Especially certain boring anime where it's not worth caring about what or why in the first place after a while (cough Dimension W cough).

Also helps that it's a very well paced series that knows what to focus on.

CanisWolfred

kkslider5552000 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I mean, I guess I mean more that I usually get the gist of what's going on, even in the weirder situations. Whereas I've watched a good chunk of anime where there are sections where I don't what is happening or at least why at points. Especially certain boring anime where it's not worth caring about what or why in the first place after a while (cough Dimension W cough).

Also helps that it's a very well paced series that knows what to focus on.

Oh, that I can certainly agree with.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Wheeler

Need help on picking the next show I should watch:

Shoujo Kakumei Utena
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha

You have my thanks.

Wheeler

kkslider5552000

I haven't seen Nanoha but Utena is certainly worth watching. Granted, I feel like the best parts aren't focused on enough for the sake of having episodic stories with somewhat less compelling side characters (and a semi-pointless mid-series arc) but none of the series (outside of having SEVERAL RECAP EPISODES) is bad.

It's actually really good but it's awkward because I watched it the exact same time I started watching Steven Universe, which at points is a better version of what Utena does/is known for.

RR529

Since some of these shows probably aren't even a month away, I started looking over the upcoming summer lineup to see if there's anything that's caught my eye, and I think I've decided on 5 shows.

• Beserk (only if it's a complete reboot of the series though, as I'm unfamiliar with it & want to start at the beginning)
  • RS Project: Rebirth Storage (looks like some sort of mecha or super robot show)
  • Regalia (can't remember the subtitle, and it's the only one that didn't have a trailer, but appears to be another mecha or super robot show).
  • Sacred Rider Xechs
  • Some fantasy looking series with a really long name

Nothing really hit me other than Beserk or RS Project, though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Over the past week I watched Maken-Ki! season 2.

I know, I know. Just a bit of a guilty pleasure, though admittedly over the top to the point of being akward at times (especially the entirety of episode seven, with the sentient teddy bear. The less said about that episode the better...).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Last night: "Oh, I suppose I have the time to try out the first epidode of Eureka Seven AO before going to bed." (Ends up watching the first 4 episodes. Yep, I'm hooked...).

So far the action has been sublime, with the detail in the explosions in particular making them sooo intense. Though admittedly I think the upgraded design looks pretty cool, I can already see the first signs of how the show may be deviating from the point of the original. That is, the Nirvash is armed to the teeth with guns, and it doesn't seem to mind blowing it's opponents to smithereens.

By far what really has me hooked is all the mystery behind the events going on, and I hope we get some good answers going forward. Eureka arriving in current day Okinawa, then disappearing after the U.S. tried taking her into custody. The Scub Coral randomly appearing around the world, followed by malicious beings called the G-Monsters or Special, that design wise look like they belong to Gurren Lagaan's Anti-Spiral forces. Oh, and of course the Nirvash's reappearance in it's more mechanical form, which is odd considering what happened to it at the end of the first series. Apparently it arrived with Eureka in it's more original form.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Joeynator3000

I heard AO wasn't all that great compared to the original series...guess I'll look into it eventually.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

RR529

Megumi_Sagano wrote:

I heard AO wasn't all that great compared to the original series...guess I'll look into it eventually.

Yeah, I've heard that too, but I figured it'd be best to form my own opinion.

Anyhow, I'm only four episodes in, so while I'm liking it now, they still have 21 episodes left to potentially mess things up, lol (then again, just browsing around, I noticed it has a 4.9/5 rating on Google Play, and a 4/5 rating where I'm watching it, so hopefully it won't be so bad).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Wheeler

Dat bike wash in Bakuon!! I was going to post a gif of the scene, but it might be a bit lewd for this site.

Untitled
That pose reminds me of this
commercial

Edited on by Wheeler

Wheeler

RR529

Geez, they're making the U.S. such an a** in Eureka Seven AO. A Secret (the monsters they're fighting) was attacking an anti-American middle eastern nation, and we tried using political pressure to make sure no one tried to stop it, so the country would be destroyed :/

Oh, and there was also a One Piece reference, oddly enough.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic