Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 11,361 to 11,380 of 13,106

Socar

I just want to ask something.....Do adult males watch Sailor Moon? I'm currently watching just one episode out of it and I'm not sure if its worth watching the rest of it as a whole.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

jump

Socar wrote:

I just want to ask something.....Do adult males watch Sailor Moon? I'm currently watching just one episode out of it and I'm not sure if its worth watching the rest of it as a whole.

I'm an adult male and I've watched and enjoyed the 90's one. It's less an adult male issue and more is it to your personal taste issue, just look at the bronies.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Rocko52

@Socar Well, I wouldn't determine what I watch based on what others do, and would instead try to just base it off of whether you enjoy it or not. Plenty of people of all ages and genders love Sailor Moon, and I know several "males" who are nostalgic for it because of their childhood. While I have yet to get into it, I do plan to at some-point. It is reputed for being quite good, but like I said, leave it up to your own tastes. Maybe watch 2-3 more episodes and make a decision.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: The Golden Compass

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

Retro_on_theGo

Normally I would post a lot of A's and a lot of H's following the A's and then top it off with a lot of !'s. But I already took care of that on Twitter this morning. Any who:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-02/clamp-to-publ...

I am SO excited to see how CLAMP decides to follow up the original's ending. Hopefully the god awful Tsubasa Resevior Chronic Back Pain and XXXHolyCrapPleaseTurnThisOff are completely ignored.

jump

kkslider5552000 wrote:

implying XXXHolic isn't great : //////

The first season it, the 2nd however...

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

e-love

okay i miss hunter x hunter bad should i watch full metal alchemist ? :

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Rocko52

@Emaan Hunter x Hunter...ahh that is definitely one of my favorites - probably my absolute favorite shounen battle series - maybe. (Always hard to pick between HxH OP and Jojo) FMA might relieve your Hiatus x Hiatus blues - it's definitely an amazing show. It's been quite a while since I watched FMA 2003 at this point - so idk if it would fully scratch the same itch. They're both great battle shounen series but they do have distinct tones & flavors. FMA was a monthly series & seems to have been conceived with a full narrative from the get-go. HxH on the other hand - like most other "weekly" (aha...whyyyy) series - seems to be more based on an arc by arc basis. Both are a bit "darker" than your average battle shounen but I would say they are fairly different. That said if you loved HxH I don't see why you wouldn't like FMA - I'd highly recommend it. Just don't expect it to be exactly like HxH.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: The Golden Compass

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

e-love

@Rocko52 I will definitely try it out : O) thanks

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

kkslider5552000

newest Toonami anime is Dimension W.

It's odd, because I'm not sure it knows it's interesting. That's weird to even say, but that's what it seems like.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

RR529

Yeah, so far I've really liked how old school Dimension W (and Parasyte too) feels.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

kkslider5552000

tbh, Parasyte mostly feels old school in its female characters (and not always in a good way )

otherwise, it feels like it fits fairly perfectly in the post Attack on Titan era, shonen meets horror-like anime. Despite the manga being like 20 years old.

RR529

Well, what I mean by "old school", is it's connection to the real world.

It remindes me of most of the anime I grew up watching (Kenshin, InuYasha, Cowboy Bebop, Yu Yu Hakusho, Ghost in the Shell, Evangelion, etc.), of which all had some sort of connection to the real world, which made them more fascinating, IMO.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

OdnetninAges

FLCL is coming back:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-24/toonami-to-co...

FLCL was one of the first anime I ever really got invested in (watched it all on Adult Swim a few years ago), so it has a special place in my heart. I'm interested to see how this turns out. I got really excited at first, but it seems like others are pretty disappointed/annoyed. (I mean, just look at the comments in that article.)

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

RR529

Yeah, I like FLCL, and will probably watch the new series, but it won't be as special. The original, in it's own weird way, was a coming of age tale, and that tale has been told.

It also worries me that AS is co-producing it. The last time they had their hand in reviving an anime, we got season 2 of Big O, which wasn't that great (which in theory, shouldn't have been as hard, since they just had to conclude an unfinished story, rather than find a way to followup a complete story).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

kkslider5552000

I think it will be fine. Even at worst, FLCL is such a unique series (especially in terms of anime to be as big as it was over here), that it will at least be a strong and interesting change of pace from other series.

it helps for me that I never watched FLCL for the story for the most part. It was more about the experimental craziness and that's really all it needs to capture for me.

DefHalan

So I have been seeing a lot about Your Lie in April on my Facebook and decided to check it out. At first I thought I wasn't going to enjoy it, just another story about a guy falling in love with a girl and blah, blah, blah.

Wow was I wrong. It hooked me in episode 2. I am starting episode 5 and this is probably all I will watch for a while, until I finish it. Only see 4 episodes but I do recommend it, hopefully it continues to be good.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

RR529

So, what Spring anime are you guys checking out? I'm going for...

Dragon Ball Super - Not new to the season, and it hasn't been fantastic, but it's Dragon Ball gosh darn it.

Joker Game - Interesting looking WWII spy series.

Kanaberi of the Iron Fortress - Looks a tad too zombie for me, but it looks like it has a unique mix of steampunk & traditional Japanese style.

Kyokai no Rinne (Season 2) - Need my Takahashi fix.

My Hero Academia - Looks like a pretty standard shonen thing, but I guess I'll give it a shot.

Onigiri - Looks a little fanservicy, but I love dat Japanese mythology.

Ragnastrike Angels - Looks like it could be ridiculous fun.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic