Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 11,321 to 11,340 of 13,141

enderboy221

Just watched both Charlotte and Gakkou Gurashi. The latter is brilliant, and the first episode's ending is... a surprise to say the least.
Now I must wait for the manga...

enderboy221

RR529

While my opinion differs in this instance, I definitely see where you're coming from, as I have similar thoughts about Naruto (I obviously know more about the series, now that I've watched it week after week, but I can't really say I like or dislike it).

Different strokes, I guess.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Wheeler

Fall shows I'm watching:

Young Black Jack (favorite show of this season so far)
Gundam: IBO (better not be SEED tier level)
Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst
One Punch Man
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk (boring)
Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry (meh)
Ore ga Ojousama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Getsā™„Sareta Ken
Valkriye Drive Mermaid

Wheeler

JoyBoy

Currently I'm watching Cowboy bebop, I just finished episode 5 and I'm really liking it so far.

I just recently finished watching Stein;Gate, and I enjoyed it very much, very interesting setting and all. And I somehow stumbled upon Ore Monogatari, which is such a sweet show haha(Yamato!!!)

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

CR-Living4God

I think I might watch Itazura na Kiss again because it is just soo awesome ^__^;; It is the best love story anime out there imo XD Anyone seen it?^^;;

Looking for friends in my area to play Nintendo games with XD

themac0

Hmmm, I am currently watching Dragon Ball Super. Its slow to start right now, but it is getting much better

jojo is the one true anime

all other anime was a mistake

3DS Friend Code: 0645-7182-5050 | Nintendo Network ID: themac2001

RR529

Yeah, the last episode of DBS was pure fluff, with Hercule trying to comvince the world that he was the one to drive off Beerus (though it was kind of amusing seeing him imagine himself as a Super Sayain). Hopefully they jump into the next arc soon, though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Socar

I hate the way these artists simply make their stories endless as means of making easy money. Seriously, what is there to perfect everything else in One Piece when pretty much the author is going to use the same ending as he had planned before?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

Artwark wrote:

I hate the way these artists simply make their stories endless as means of making easy money. Seriously, what is there to perfect everything else in One Piece when pretty much the author is going to use the same ending as he had planned before?

go away

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Socar

@Tsurii: Yeah, I guess you're right that I have to appreciate the author for actually doing his job. But here's the problem, Oda-San had health issues and such and if supposedly he dies before he can even bring up the ending, its gonna bring a lot of disappointment to both fans and everyone else who want to know the ending. Its similar to how Tintin and the alph art was left unfinished because Herge died.

Also I don't get the awful pacing here in One Piece. I mean its nowhere as bad as Dragon Ball if I recall had way too much fighting scenes than it should have been.

CaviarMeths

Artwark wrote:

But here's the problem, Oda-San had health issues and such and if supposedly he dies before he can even bring up the ending, its gonna bring a lot of disappointment to both fans and everyone else who want to know the ending.

Yeah, that selfish jerk.

Seriously, what's wrong with you?

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

kkslider5552000

Sweet! It really did annoy me that I had finally become fully invested in the series with the last season and that was it.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Socar

Have you guys watched RWBY? I watched it as soon as I heard it from screw attack. Its sad to see its creator has passed away at a young age......reminds me of someone I know of.

Socar

@Sergio151: Considering the fact that its a webseries, its really good despite the animation being more of a mix bag. Although the pacing of how the characters get to interact with each other ends too fast even with each episode having their own lengths.

Kochikame is really a needed show to be aired. I tried everywhere and its so hard to get that show even in Japanese.

@SpookyMeths: What's wrong is that only the original creator can perfect the manga and not someone else. Kinda like how Monty Omn's RWBY won't exactly be great without him now that he's gone.

Just think, would you rather have the ending done by someone else who didn't do the way that the author intended?

Edited on by Socar

RR529

Wait, RWBY is an anime? Based on how it looked (I too was introduced to it through Death Battle), I assumed it was a niche PS3 game...

Unless it's really popular or something & I just missed it, I find it hard to believe that there's that big of a debate over the blonde featured (from RWBY) and FF's Tifa (I'm sure there's SOME other anime or game character that fans consider to be more of a "rival").

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

CaviarMeths

Artwark wrote:

SpookyMeths: What's wrong is that only the original creator can perfect the manga and not someone else. Kinda like how Monty Omn's RWBY won't exactly be great without him now that he's gone.

Just think, would you rather have the ending done by someone else who didn't do the way that the author intended?

Right, I get that what you're saying is just something you read somewhere else and you're trying to repeat it here, but you word things really, really badly, which is why you get quoted like 20 times every time you post in the Unpopular Opinions thread (that and posting things that are very popular or aren't even opinions at all). It's like a game of internet telephone.

Criticizing an author for not ending a work of passion because, who knows, maybe he'll die tomorrow (and how could he do that to his fans?!) is not normal.

To quote George RR Martin, addressing fan concerns that he might die before he finishes A Song of Ice and Fire,

George wrote:

**** you.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Socar

@SpookyMeths: I didn't read this somewhere and for the record, anything has an author can only come to perfection because of the author's involvement in it.

So fine, Oda-San might not die all of a sudden but considering how One Piece is ridiculously longer than Dragon Ball and even Naruto which have finished their runs, and not to mention that there really isn't much to tweak in One Piece (Of which I'm assuming that it doesn't need any tweaking as I myself have a LOT of catching up to do!) then what's the point of making it longer instead of finishing it off?

jump

Artwark wrote:

I didn't read this somewhere and for the record, anything has an author can only come to perfection because of the author's involvement in it.

So fine, Oda-San might not die all of a sudden but considering how One Piece is ridiculously longer than Dragon Ball and even Naruto which have finished their runs, and not to mention that there really isn't much to tweak in One Piece (Of which I'm assuming that it doesn't need any tweaking as I myself have a LOT of catching up to do!) then what's the point of making it longer instead of finishing it off?

People want more and he wants to write more...what's the issue?

I've just saw the first two new Ghost In The Shell OVAs, I'm really disappointed with them and I normally love anything and everything GITS. I think I may rewatch the movies or Stand Alone Complex tonight to make up for it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic