Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 11,301 to 11,320 of 13,106

Socar

@Sergio151: Considering the fact that its a webseries, its really good despite the animation being more of a mix bag. Although the pacing of how the characters get to interact with each other ends too fast even with each episode having their own lengths.

Kochikame is really a needed show to be aired. I tried everywhere and its so hard to get that show even in Japanese.

@SpookyMeths: What's wrong is that only the original creator can perfect the manga and not someone else. Kinda like how Monty Omn's RWBY won't exactly be great without him now that he's gone.

Just think, would you rather have the ending done by someone else who didn't do the way that the author intended?

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

RR529

Wait, RWBY is an anime? Based on how it looked (I too was introduced to it through Death Battle), I assumed it was a niche PS3 game...

Unless it's really popular or something & I just missed it, I find it hard to believe that there's that big of a debate over the blonde featured (from RWBY) and FF's Tifa (I'm sure there's SOME other anime or game character that fans consider to be more of a "rival").

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

CaviarMeths

Artwark wrote:

SpookyMeths: What's wrong is that only the original creator can perfect the manga and not someone else. Kinda like how Monty Omn's RWBY won't exactly be great without him now that he's gone.

Just think, would you rather have the ending done by someone else who didn't do the way that the author intended?

Right, I get that what you're saying is just something you read somewhere else and you're trying to repeat it here, but you word things really, really badly, which is why you get quoted like 20 times every time you post in the Unpopular Opinions thread (that and posting things that are very popular or aren't even opinions at all). It's like a game of internet telephone.

Criticizing an author for not ending a work of passion because, who knows, maybe he'll die tomorrow (and how could he do that to his fans?!) is not normal.

To quote George RR Martin, addressing fan concerns that he might die before he finishes A Song of Ice and Fire,

George wrote:

**** you.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Socar

@SpookyMeths: I didn't read this somewhere and for the record, anything has an author can only come to perfection because of the author's involvement in it.

So fine, Oda-San might not die all of a sudden but considering how One Piece is ridiculously longer than Dragon Ball and even Naruto which have finished their runs, and not to mention that there really isn't much to tweak in One Piece (Of which I'm assuming that it doesn't need any tweaking as I myself have a LOT of catching up to do!) then what's the point of making it longer instead of finishing it off?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

jump

Artwark wrote:

I didn't read this somewhere and for the record, anything has an author can only come to perfection because of the author's involvement in it.

So fine, Oda-San might not die all of a sudden but considering how One Piece is ridiculously longer than Dragon Ball and even Naruto which have finished their runs, and not to mention that there really isn't much to tweak in One Piece (Of which I'm assuming that it doesn't need any tweaking as I myself have a LOT of catching up to do!) then what's the point of making it longer instead of finishing it off?

People want more and he wants to write more...what's the issue?

I've just saw the first two new Ghost In The Shell OVAs, I'm really disappointed with them and I normally love anything and everything GITS. I think I may rewatch the movies or Stand Alone Complex tonight to make up for it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

e-love

somebody talk Hunter x Hunter w/ me

: o)

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

e-love

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Emaan wrote:

somebody talk Hunter x Hunter w/ me

: o)

This is the worst Talk Dirty parody song ever

yikes

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

JoyBoy

So I finished watching Cowboy Bebop for the first time and I can definitely see why it's a classic. Really enjoyed it. Is the movie any good? Or is it going to ruin the memory?

Recently started watching Shirobako. It's not something I expected to enjoy as much as I do, so that's great.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

jump

Mahemoth wrote:

So I finished watching Cowboy Bebop for the first time and I can definitely see why it's a classic. Really enjoyed it. Is the movie any good? Or is it going to ruin the memory?

Recently started watching Shirobako. It's not something I expected to enjoy as much as I do, so that's great.

The movie is as good and arguably better than the series. Just don't except them to tie up loose ends or backstories.

I remember watching it with my girlfriend who doesn't really care for non-Ghibli anime and even she got really into it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

ChaoticBull

So... Let's talk about the cliffhanger in one piece from chapter 806

ChaoticBull

3DS Friend Code: 5000-4012-4166 | Nintendo Network ID: ninrendoboy

RR529

Finished up season one of Kyokai no Rinne!

It's pretty much a rehash of everything Rumiko Takahashi has already done before (just now in 2015!), but as a fan of her style, that doesn't bother me at all, and it's nice to watch a show that's not full of fanservice or ultra violence (not that I'm particularly against either of those things in anime, but it's nice to see something with more old fashioned sensibilities every once in awhile).

Oh, and they confirmed a season two for next year, so I have more to look forward to!

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

I've started watching Godannar.

A pretty standard Super Robot show about giant robot pilots saving the day from even more gigantic monsters, with an insanely catchy opening tune, and lots of fanservice (heck, even some of the giant robots are sort of fanservicy... somehow). Needless to say, it's been a fun way to pass the time so far.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

1uplife

ONE PUNCH! One Punch Man is pretty sweet, I would recommend it to anyone. It is very funny and there is still plenty of action.

"You’ve scaled castles to save a princess from a turtle, and scaled apartment buildings to save a reporter as a turtle."

http://vividkaret.com/2015/11/11/bro-est-bros-you-knows-ep-20-8-bit-brostalgia-reminiscence/

kkslider5552000

I'm on episode 5 and still have no idea what to think of the Perfect Insider. It's kinda one of those shows you watch but have very little to say about it.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

RR529

I just finished up Godannar!!! (yes, those first two exclamation points are actually in the title, lol)

It's a "super robot" show, where giant robot pilots face off against giant monsters (called Mimetic Beasts) to save humanity, and I thought it was quite enjoyable.

It has a sh**ton of fanservice (even some of the robots are designed with a suggestive appearance), but they didn't just phone it in, and I'd say the show would be just as enjoyable regardless of whether or not it had the fanservice.

While the monsters aren't the most creative looking bunch, the first half of the series is good ole' "super robot" fun (even if it doesn't stray from the formula), while the second season took a more serious turn, where the most dangerous enemy won't be something you'll see coming. Also, the finale is appropriately epic.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

kkslider5552000

I've even been slow to watch anime it seems since I think I started watching Cardcaptor Sakura at like the beginning of the year and I'm not done yet. It took me less time to catch up to One Piece in 2007 by comparison.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic