Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 11,241 to 11,260 of 13,106

RR529

Read the newest chapter of Bleach!

The Mayuri vs Stern Ritter "C" battle continues.

Stern Ritter "C" injects it's nerves into the ground, and in doing so pulls his best Edward Elric impression, as stone hands erupt from the environment, knocking Mayuri around every which way. Luckily, Mayuri is able to dodge around serious damage using an array of his science gadgets. Even when Stern Ritter "C"'s nerves encompass the entire battlefield, Mayuri avoids it by revealing he can imitate the technique the Quincy's use to stand in mid air (Ywach has altered the laws of physics within the palace grounds so the Soul Reaper's version of this won't work).

Mayuri blows off one of Stern Ritter "C"'s fingers with an explosive worm thing, then throws some liquid on it to preserve it (he has to come out of the battle with a sample to study, after all). However, an eye opens on the finger, shooting it's nerves into Mayuri's arm. However, the attack doesn't work, as it's revealed that Mayuri has rewired his entire vascular & nervous systems, to his own specifications (he has the Frankenstein's Monster-like stitching across his body to prove it).

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

V8_Ninja

Apparently Comiket 88 is coming up soon (August 14th-16th) and a sports drink company called Weider in Jelly decided to create a short, 'Survival Guide,' to the event. The resulting video is kind-of amazing;

Edited on by V8_Ninja

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

ELI-ASH

Decided to give the funimation app a try. I been binge watching Dragon Ball. Last time i ever watched the beginning (kid Goku) was in the late 90's. Im surprised how much i remember.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

RR529

Toonami Saturday night!

DBZ Kai - Ginyu got frogged, and Gohan & Krillin spirited the Dragon Balls away from a slumbering Vegeta, but they have to hurry because Frieza is racing towards them fast, and he's not happy.

Akame Ga Kill - Good first impression. Art style is a bit generic, but it has a bold use of color & the designs are pleasing to the eye (other than some cases of "anime hair", characters look realisticly proportioned, and not too cartoony, like in One Piece). The story seems like it'll be a tale of bad people killing even worse people (something that's demonstrated really well, here. Due to the promos, I knew his friends weren't going to make it, but I had no idea it was going to be who it was that killed them). Despite their profession, the main cast seems likable, and I'll be looking forward to see how it progresses.

Michiko & Hatchin - Mitchiko wrestles with the decision of quitting her search for Hiroshi when she runs across a charming man in a small town Hatchin & herself stop off in. Only problem, he's married...

Sword Art Online II - It looks like the world of SAO is being rebuilt inside of ALO, high in the sky above Alfheim (the game world of ALO). Some more of the floors have reopened, including the one that has the cabin Kirito & Asuna called home while in SAO, and since it was one of the few places in the game they have fond memories of, they reclaimed it. Meanwhile, a new swordfighter by the name of Sekken has shown up, and with his high skill set & unique abilities, it seems as if he transferred in from another MMO, and no one can seem to beat him in a duel, even Kirito. However, he seemed to give Kirito a strange messege before Kirito backed off his attack, so Asuna's going to challenge him to find out what it was.

Naruto Shippuden - Asuma's group begins battling the Akatsuki, particularly the offbeat Hidan, who appears to be immortal (he has been completely run through by two blades, yet treated it as nothing but a nuisance).

One Piece - In the biggest cop out ever, the Strawhats' irreparable ship (the Going Merry) has found it's way to our heroes all of it's own accord, and has saved them from the firey assult of the Buster Call. They spend most of the episode manoeuvering around the gigantic ships of the enemy, and finally set sail to freedom, leaving the burning remains of Enies Lobby behind (but not before Robin gives Spandam a going away present for his "hospitality").

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

kelvin217

After watching 43 episodes of Dgimon Tamers, i must say, i heard this show took some dark turns but wow... just WOW :0.
I've watched/read lots of darker stuff but this must be the first time i was genuinely suprised and a bit creeped out by a show. Maybe i'm just a softie for digimon.

Edited on by kelvin217

Manga currently reading: negima, magi, hikaru no go, bleach, nisekoi, arata: the legend. gunslinger girl, cardcaptor sakura, yotsuba&.

Nintendo Network ID: wobuffet

RR529

I watched episode 5 of Dragon Ball Super last night!

Mostly just the confrontation between Goku & Beers (yes, I actually found out that "Beerus" is just a misinterpretation of how the Japanese say Beers, while Whis is short for Whiskey. Toriyama's love for name puns coming through again) on King Kai's planet. They made it stretch for pretty much the entire episode by having Goku try to fight him as a Super Sayain & SS2 as well (instead of jumping straight to SS3).

Now that I think about it, the name of the fat "Beerus" in the OP is Champan (which I think Toriyama revealed in an interview awhile ago), which would probably be Champagne, if the alcoholic naming puns is true.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Toonami Saturday night!

DBZ Kai - Piccolo is back & on Namek! Vegeta catches on, and is about to have his own wish granted when the dragon goes kaput. Luckily(?) for Gohan & Krillin, Frieza shows up before Vegeta can exact his vengeance upon them, and diverts his attention.

Akame ga Kill - We get properly acquainted with the members of Night Raid. Most of them seem nice enough, though Mai (pink haired girl) is going to get old fast. Akame herself & the blonde haired girl the most interesting, though. Tatsumi proves himself in battle against a tough opponent, and is now officially part of the group.

Michiko & Hatchin - Mitchiko hunts down a false Satoshi, and together they have to play a life and death game to avoid the wrath of the real deal. They survive, and Michiko is apparently about to get the meeting she's been looking for. Meanwhile, it looks like Hatchin is running off... again.

Sword Art Online II - In the real world, Asuna may be forced to leave her current school (and friends) behind, as well as Kirito, due to the actions of her mother, who is a b**** with a capital B (she wants Asuna to transfer to a more "respectable" school, and to accept an arranged marraige into a wealthy family). While in the game world, she has an epic duel with Zekken (really a girl), who chooses Asuna to join her group for some mysterious purpose.

Naruto Shippuden - Mr. creepy Akatsuki guy "curses" Asuma so any damage he takes himself transfers over to Asuma. Luckily, one of Asuma's studens breaks apart the technique, and the fight is back on.

One Piece - The gang says goodbye to a valued member of the crew... the ship. While this may have been more emotional if you've been following the show from the beginning, it came off as just a bit heavy handed, to say the least, personally. It makes more sense when knowledgeable about Japanese culture though, where it's believed even the tiniest rock has a spirit, and can be made to be happy, angry, sad, ect.

Also, they reviewed J-Stars VS Victory + (PS4): 7/10

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Wheeler

Watching Gundam Unicorn (currently on episode 4). And holy **** it's ****ing amazing, maybe even being worth of calling it God-tier (and I rarely say God-tier to a very few anime series) if the last 3 epsiodes doesn't take a sudden nose dive.

Wheeler

Ash_Anne

RR529 wrote:

Mostly just the confrontation between Goku & Beers (yes, I actually found out that "Beerus" is just a misinterpretation of how the Japanese say Beers, while Whis is short for Whiskey. Toriyama's love for name puns coming through again) on King Kai's planet. They made it stretch for pretty much the entire episode by having Goku try to fight him as a Super Sayain & SS2 as well (instead of jumping straight to SS3).

Now that I think about it, the name of the fat "Beerus" in the OP is Champan (which I think Toriyama revealed in an interview awhile ago), which would probably be Champagne, if the alcoholic naming puns is true.

I've heard that the animation for Dragon Ball Super wasn't very good. How does it look to you?

3DS Friend code: 1203-9222-1363
Twitter: Ash_Hose

RR529

Ash_Anne wrote:

RR529 wrote:

I've heard that the animation for Dragon Ball Super wasn't very good. How does it look to you?

I don't get the big uproar, personally.

It's not standout by any means, but I don't think it's terrible by any means either. The lowest it's been has been the fight between Goku & Beerus on King Kai's planet, and I think that was a case of sacrificing detail for fluidity.

I also think it's worth pointing out that this first arc is a remake of Battle of Gods, which itself was more lighthearted & comedic than your typical DBZ story. I'm sure they only have so much in their animation budget, and want to save it not only for the more serious moments, but the completely original serious moments, at that.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

CaviarMeths

Off-topic, but I got around to watching that Monster live action movie the other night.

It wasn't very good. Tonally all over the place, awkward pacing and structure, and at least 10 actual minutes of screen time dedicated to female characters crying hysterically. Plus complete overuse of the whole "oh no, the killer wasn't really dead!" cliché. Jason Voorhees would be proud. I rated it 2/5.

For a better Asian revenge film starring a mentally disabled female protagonist, I would suggest Chocolate instead. Still a silly story, but much better pacing and some really great action choreography.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

CaviarMeths

Sergio151 wrote:

Am I the only one who's tired of the over-saturation of idol anime?

Despite watching anime semi-regularly, I have never seen an idol anime, unless K-On counts.

You can choose to do this too.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

kkslider5552000

Sergio151 wrote:

Am I the only one who's tired of the over-saturation of idol anime?

why would I be sick of something I never watch?

I mean, some of the anime I like have idol characters, but they're usually...good characters so...?

though to be fair, I'm frequently sick of FPS despite rarely playing FPS in the past few years...

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

RR529

Toonami Saturday night!

DBZ Kai - Missed first half. Showed up in enough time to catch Frieza's transformation, and to see Krillin get owned (as usual).

Akame Ga Kill - We get to know Mai better. This episode is full of clichés, and while I'm not a fan of Mai's character type, I still enjoyed the episode as a whole. Looks like there's a new killer in town, and he doesn't look nice.

Michiko & Hatchin - Mitchiko was absent this week, as we get a Hatchin episode about her making friends with a girl her age, and helping said friend to get over her first heartbreak.

Sword Art Online II - Asuna joins a group of players who want to beat a floor boss all on their own (something that's never been done before, as usually it takes many groups of players working together to do this). Things may not go their way however, as a large guild is blocking their way, and Asuna's overbearing mother wants her to give up the virtual world altogether, and has already forcefully pulled the plug once before.

Naruto Shippuden - It looks like Hidan may have been defeated, but as it turns out, he can still keep on ticking even when decapitated. His partner re-attaches his head, and distracts the three less skilled Leaf ninja so Hidan can have his revenge against Asuma. Unfortunately, it looks like he may have succeeded...

One Piece - The gang is resting up after their harrowing escape from Enies Lobby, and it even looks like they may get a powerful new ship, all for free. Peace isn't short lived however, as a legendary Vice-Admiral shows up to confront the pirates. The big shock? This Vice-Admiral is Luffy's grandfather!?!

Also, they had a new show montage thingy.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

CaviarMeths

GATE is making me really want to read the manga. It's getting really interesting, so I'd love to get all the extra details that come with a literary format.

Haven't started watching Gangsta yet. At this point, I'll probably just want to marathon it.

And I dropped everything else within 2 episodes. On the other hand, I picked up Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers. It started out as a typical "heroes must kill the demon and save the world" plot, but after a few episodes, it begins to play out as a fairly intriguing whodunnit in the vein of Another or Umineko, though not nearly as violent as either of those. A few of the character designs though... yeesh.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

LazerPan

I hope for the return of the Bleach anime.
Thinking about watching it again and then read the rest of the manga.

LazerPan

RR529

LazerPan wrote:

I hope for the return of the Bleach anime.
Thinking about watching it again and then read the rest of the manga.

Yeah, I think they should finish out the anime Final Act style, once the manga ends.

I am caught up with the manga, and while the current arc started out great (as good as the Soul Society arc), Kubo has been drawing it out as much as possible, with some really strange enemies, enemies with totally BS powers, or both.

For example, Mayuri (the captain of squad 12, the scientist) & Kenpachi are fighting a giant hand, which is one of the current villain's 4 strongest underlings.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Toonami Saturday night!

DBZ Kai - Frieza's getting irritated due to the surprising power of Gohan & Krillin, and just when he thinks he has them killed, they somehow seem to pop up again unharmed (thanks to Dende). Frieza's about to get serious, but thankfully for our heroes, Piccolo arrives on the scene.

Akame ga Kill - The most powerful weapons in the show's universe are explained (there are 48 of them, and all members of Night Raid, other than our new recruit, have one). The enemy this week is a rouge prison executioner turned mass murderer, who uses one such weapon himself (which allowed him to read his opponents thougts).

Mitchiko & Hatchin - Mitchiko is taken to gang leader and former acquaintance Satoshi (an old friend of Hiroshi, the man she's looking for). He's a pretty sadistic SOB, and luckily for Mitchiko, a police raid saves her from death at his hands. Both escape, though.

Sword Art Online II - Asuna & the Sleeping Knights get past the guild thanks to a little help from Kirito, and are able to face off the boss and win. Asuna's new friend refers to her as "sis", and once she realizes her blunder, logs out in an emotional manner. What's behind this?

Naruto Shippuden - A long standing character passes away (A much more effective mourning moment than the crew of OP saying their goodbyes... to their ship). Lots of flashbacks of key moments of him in past episodes. The enemy is called away.

One Piece - Luffy's grandfather is introduced, and in the second flashback heavy episode of the night, the gang is reintroduced to faces from the past. In an even more surprising turn of events, the identity of Luffy's father is revealed, who is perhaps the most dangerous person in the series.

Also, they announced a Mitchiko & Hatchin marathon next week, for Labor Day weekend.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic