Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 11,141 to 11,160 of 13,141

nacho_chicken

Sergio151 wrote:

Yes! Viz Media is making a print version of One-Punch Man!

I don't buy much print manga. This, however, is one I will own. Currently the best action manga ever made, and the anime looks to bring the hype as well!

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

Joeynator3000

@Serigio151 ! Answer meh!! TwT
(seriously, I wanna make sure the DVDs I'm getting will be fine, lol)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Joeynator3000

Sergio151 wrote:

@Megumi
I don't know about the DVD case quality. Just hope for the best. I don't think the problems with the case happen to everybody.

Alright, I should be fine then, but yeah I remembered that some of my School Rumble discs kept falling out as well, but they still ran fine in the player.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

CanisWolfred

nacho_chicken wrote:

Sergio151 wrote:

Yes! Viz Media is making a print version of One-Punch Man!

I don't buy much print manga. This, however, is one I will own. Currently the best action manga ever made, and the anime looks to bring the hype as well!

Same! Crap, when's it coming out?! I need to go to the book store this Sunday to pick up a Graphic Novel (assuming I have this Sunday off again. I better, since they got me working on Independence Day...). It would be great if I could kill 2 birds with one stone...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ELI-ASH

One Punch Man is getting an Anime! Can't wait ^_^

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

nacho_chicken

ELI-ASH wrote:

One Punch Man is getting an Anime! Can't wait ^_^

You're just hearing this? It was announced months ago. I remember because it was a few weeks after I started reading the manga. In any case, all aboard the ONE-PUNCH HYPE TRAIN! Hoping for a 2-cour run.

It'll probably end with the Alien Invasion arc, seeing as they've announced Tornado/Tatsumaki's VA. That's a pretty good place to stop, with a teaser at the end for the Garou arc. BTW, her VA is Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Magica's Madoka Kaname, SAO's Yuuki Konno). On the topic of VAs, Yuuichi Nakamura (CLANNAD's Tomoya Okozaki, Oreimo's Kyousuke Kousaka) is a PERFECT casting for License-less Rider.

I hope Crunchyroll gets this. It seems likely, as it's a VIZ Media property. Crunchyroll seems to get all of those.

Twitter:

ELI-ASH

@nacho_chicken yea i been behind on my anime news. Even if its on hulu their is still a chance it can be on other places.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

RR529

Caught the last two episodes of the DBZ Kai marathon on Toonami. Just the two episodes from the past two weeks, but it was fun nonetheless. Also, they reviewed The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - 9.5/10

So, what show(s) do you think is most likely to get the end of block encore once Attack on Titan ends (for some reason, I think I heard the encore slot will only be given to shows with a maximum of 24-26 episodes). I'll do a top 5 most likely list (IMO, of course).

5. Attack on Titan - Yep, I think it's entirely possible this gets yet another encore. Why? Well, for the same reason it got an encore so soon after finishing. That is, the thing is just so freakin' popular at the moment.
4. Blue Exorcist - Seems like a pretty safe bet, I'd say. It seems big enough, and has been off the block for awhile.
3. Soul Eater - A pretty popular show amongst anime fans, and it's been off the block for a longer time than any other show on the block
2. Space Dandy - The show has a close relationship with the block, seeing as how it had it's world premier on Toonami, and it's been off the block long enough.
1. Gurren Lagann - Extremely popular amongst the anime fanbase, and I'd say it's been off the block for just long enough.

As for other candidates, I think InuYasha: the Final Act did well enough to get the spot eventually, just not so soon after it ended it's first run (I'd be ecstatic to be proven wrong, though). Black Lagoon is a possibility, but for some reason I'm just not feeling it. I don't think they'd show SAO at the same time SAOII is on the block. I don't think anything from their earlier days other than Deadman Wonderland (which has already had the spot) has the popularity to earn the spot (Tenchi Muyo! GXP, Casshern Sins, Thundercats anime, ect.).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

So Dragon Ball Super's first episode aired and still no licensing announcement or anything...wtf?!

It seems like they haven't even released DVDs for the Buu Saga yet, so they're probably gonna take their time (Funimation doesnt want to rush their cash cow)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

RR529

Just read the newest chapter of Bleach!

Still in flashback mode about the history of Bazz-B and Halschwalth. As we left off, Ywach just chose the "powerless" Halschwalth as his right hand man.

Halschwalth says that Ywach must be mistaken. After all, he has no Quincy powers at all, and Ywach would be better off picking Bazz-B for his Stern Ritter initiative, due to his natural fighting talent.

Ywach explains that while Halschwalth can't manipulate the spirit energy around him like most Quincy, he has the rare ability to empart some of his own soul to those around him, which increases their power beyond their natural ability. He goes on to say that Bazz-B is nothing special, and it's only due to his relationship to Halschwalth that he has the power he has (in fact, he says Bazz-B should be kneeling in thanks to Halschwalth).

It's stated that this is the same rare power Ywach has, but he also has the ability to retrieve the pieces of his soul that he emparts to others, which allows him to obtain their inhanced abilities for himself.

Bazz-B is angered by the revelation, because if only one of them had the chance to get close to Ywach for the chance to kill him, it should have been himself, not Halshwalth (so he thinks). He lunges at his friend in anger, where the flashback ends, and they jump back into their current fight, where Bazz-B is launching himself at Halschwalth, who cuts Bazz-B with his sword.

Also, up through chapter 207 in Kyokai no Rinne.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

DefHalan

So, I just got a Roku and have looked at some Anime apps and right now it looks like Funimation $8 a month might be the best for dubbed anime, doesn't anyone else have a better insight on this?

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

nacho_chicken

DefHalan wrote:

So, I just got a Roku and have looked at some Anime apps and right now it looks like Funimation $8 a month might be the best for dubbed anime, doesn't anyone else have a better insight on this?

From what I've heard, basically all of Funimation's streaming channels are garbage. I don't know about the Roku app, or how it works nowadays, but I know to stream on Android, you used to have to pay EXTRA on top of your regular streaming subscription.

I'd say Hulu is your best bet. You'll still get ads on anything that's not your computer, but it has loads upon loads of dubbed anime. Basically all of Funimation's catalog, and then some. The majority of Sentai's and Aniplex's dubbed stuff streams on Hulu.

Twitter:

DefHalan

nacho_chicken wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

From what I've heard, basically all of Funimation's streaming channels are garbage. I don't know about the Roku app, or how it works nowadays, but I know to stream on Android, you used to have to pay EXTRA on top of your regular streaming subscription.

I'd say Hulu is your best bet. You'll still get ads on anything that's not your computer, but it has loads upon loads of dubbed anime. Basically all of Funimation's catalog, and then some. The majority of Sentai's and Aniplex's dubbed stuff streams on Hulu.

Hulu does this weird thing where they don't have all the episodes available. I was watching One Piece on it but it only had the first 15 episodes or so, then after a few months where I checked again it had a different chunk of episodes. I must have missed the time that it had the next ones and it was very annoying. That is why I am looking for a different why to stream anime. Hulu just isn't very reliable.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

RR529

OdnetninAges wrote:

RR529 wrote:

So, what show(s) do you think is most likely to get the end of block encore once Attack on Titan ends[?]

Hmm... COWBOY BEBOP

Unless they've made an announcement recently that I've missed, I think they let their rights to all the classic AS Action anime expire (except for Big O season 2, for obvious reasons).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Joeynator3000

sighs I should've known the anime I bought was an "error" on their side, and that they really don't have it. >_>

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic