Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 10,101 to 10,120 of 12,340

Spoony_Tech

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Cowboy Bebop is always the first anime I recommended new viewers to watch and out of those three it's the best in my opinion. Attack on Titan is intense and supposed to thrill so if you're looking for something more like that check it out. Sword Art Online is purely worth watching for the action and animation alone. Everything else is questionable. Cowboy Bebop has great music, great character, great comedic moments, great fights, and great emotional moments.m

He wasn't looking for your opinion on those 3 lol. He wanted suggestions and those are the ones he watched!

I say Trigun or Rurouni Kenshin. Both have action, comedy, and nice art! Both don't have deep stories that will confuse you either.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Retro_on_theGo

Holy crap I misread that so bad. LOL sorry! Well going off those three I'd say Yu Yu Hakusho would be a great anime to watch next. Although it's pretty darn long. (Not on Netflix). Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood is a fantastic anime on Netflix though.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

Neptune

The newest chapter of Onepunch-Man finally gave King a proper introduction. I can't wait for the next one. I've already read the webcomic before so I know it's going to be hilarious. XD

Neptune

mamp

This week's RWBY was awesome!!!. Also Yang's power was pretty sweet but now I'm wondering what Blake's special power is.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

ELI-ASH

Looks like the season 6 voyage 2 set of One Piece comes out on November 18. Same day as voyage 1! So i guess that amazon exclusive deal was a one time thing, thats a relief.

Edited on by ELI-ASH

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Socar

You guys think that the pokemon anime is getting any better or worse. Knowing that the show won't end seeing that its based on the games, Its still completely different than it is on the anime. Why did they ever decide to remove Brock or Misty or heck even make team rocket serious? What were they thinking when doing this?

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

http://bittypix.blogspot.com

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

Artwark wrote:

You guys think that the pokemon anime is getting any better or worse. Knowing that the show won't end seeing that its based on the games, Its still completely different than it is on the anime. Why did they ever decide to remove Brock or Misty or heck even make team rocket serious? What were they thinking when doing this?

do you post anything other than questions not worth answering?

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

GuSolarFlare

does anybody else like the F-Zero anime?(it kinda makes me sad because I never got to play the games)

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Spoony_Tech

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

At least the Pokemon anime has seriously stepped up the animation quality.
Seeing Pickahu get smashed in the face with a bat was so satisfying.

Link please lol!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Batters up lol! Thanks man!

MERG said:

GuSolarFlare

and it's homerun!!!!!!!!!!!
this must be the best scene in the whole Pokémon anime! XD

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

mamp

Artwark wrote:

The animation is better but IDK, I just don't feel like watching a pointless journey leading nowhere. Even worse is how the cycle just repeats itself. Dump all your pokemone except pikachu go to the new region, make friends to travel with, catch no more than 10 pokemon, go to gyms (where we spend an episode learning about the gym leader's life before the battle), go to the pokemon league, meet a random person there who becomes your friend. lose to said friend, go back home, ditch your friends, find a new region and start all over again. Wish they'd ditch Ash. I will say though the pokemon league in the show makes a lot more sense than the pokemon league in the game.

Edited on by mamp

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

Spoony_Tech

I'll say it again Monster Rancher > Pokemon any day of the week.

MERG said:

Sir_Diabeetus

mamp wrote:

Artwark wrote:

The animation is better but IDK, I just don't feel like watching a pointless journey leading nowhere. Even worse is how the cycle just repeats itself. Dump all your pokemone except pikachu go to the new region, make friends to travel with, catch no more than 10 pokemon, go to gyms (where we spend an episode learning about the gym leader's life before the battle), go to the pokemon league, meet a random person there who becomes your friend. lose to said friend, go back home, ditch your friends, find a new region and start all over again. Wish they'd ditch Ash. I will say though the pokemon league in the show makes a lot more sense than the pokemon league in the game.

THIS. Why can't we have at least an different main pokemon trainer other than an forever ten year old boy. Also, they should've make brock return. Can't we at least have ONE. FRICKING. DIFFERENT. STORY. LINE. Also, I could've suggest Gold, but he's already in episode in Pokemon Chronicles.

In another topic of Nintendo animes, F-zero and Hoshi no Kaabii are a charm. Hoshi no Kaabii is basically an Kirby anime. I watched it subbed and it was an very good series. Voice actors are good enough (Dat Meta Knight's voice though,) Keeps it original, Kirby rarely speaks other than Poyo, Etc. Until, 4kids came and censored the heck outta anime with everything that ruined the anime. Sure the American was catchy to most of the American fans, but the Japanese intro is so much better.... Heck, there are 2 Japanese intros, An intro who goes to Episode 1 - Episode 71 and an another Intro to Episode 72 - Episode 100.

I didn't watched the F-zero Falcon Densetsu, but it looked SO GOOD.

Edited on by Sir_Diabeetus

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

RR529

Toonami Saturday night!

Attack on Titan - Missed it.

Bleach - Saw second half. Just more Fullbring training stuffs.

Space Dandy - This was a pretty good episode, with some funny moments (loved the Galaga bit). Also, I liked those quick manga-esque sequences.

Naruto Shippuden - Mostly a laid back humour episode, which was pretty enjoyable. Things are heating up quickly, though.

One Piece - Thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish. The Luffy segments in particular (loved the part where he broke up that wall & used it's pieces as projectiles). Oh, seeing Franky bite the main baddie was pretty funny, too.

Gurren Lagann - Great start to a very fun series. It took it no time at all to get the over the top action going, and it's not going to stop anytime soon (I also forgot how catchy it's opening theme is, lol)

Beware the Batman - Didn't pay attention.

Black Lagoon - A very heavy themed episode, but very good as well. The action was intense, and that guy definitely deserved it after what he was planning on doing... (interested in seeing how this ends up).

Also, they want you to tell them how they should go about things going forward (giving all the addresses you can contact them). Should they be more nostalgic with their programming. Get darker (further in the direction of Black Lagoon & Attack on Titan). Should they be shorter, longer?

Personally, I like the current makeup of the block. It's a great length (in fact, I have a hard enough time catching Bleach as it is, let alone AoT, so I'd be disappointed if they expaned even earlier). The darker series certainly have their place (and are a nice contrast to everything else), but I wouldn't want more than two such series at one time. I like the fact that most of the block is more "fun" & Shonen (Space Dandy, One Piece, Gurren Lagann, etc.).

If there's some things I'd change, I hope they don't introduce another long running series after Bleach ends. One Piece & Naruto Shippuden are enough for now, IMO. Also, if they did expand, instead of breaking earlier into the night, how about breaking into another night of the week? Sometime during the week (preferribly Friday) they could have an encore of the last Saturday's premiers (it wouldn't have to be as long as the main block, since it'd just consist of the "new" shows, and would give viewers a second chance to watch an episode they may have missed. Given they generally run through a series once before moving on, I think this would be appreciated).

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

GuSolarFlare

@NintenNess I'm watching Falcon no Densetsu, so far it's really good

my Backloggery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic