Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 10,081 to 10,100 of 11,885

kkslider5552000

ELI-ASH wrote:

@kkslider5552000 i been buying the One Piece sets. I got part 4 & 5 of season 4 and part 1 & 2 of season 5. that last set i got for 13 bucks very cheap but i as i watched it i realize why. 50% of it is a recap filler of everyones first appearance/arc(even Robins which just aired 6 or so episodes before). they always have filler episodes before a new arc begins but since Enies Lobby is a direct continuation of the previous arc they had to squeeze them somewhere in the middle.

I realize why it's a thing. I just find it to be a mix of mildly amusing and mildly annoying that they included it in the DVD when it didn't matter to me if they skipped them.

Also at this rate I'm buying them I'll actually be watching One Piece episodes I've never seen (early?) next year!

It only took me 5 years.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Beyond Good and Evil 2 better be happening! In the meanwhile though, here's a fun little Let's Play of the original. Think you'll like the game if you like Zelda!
LeT's PlAy BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

ELI-ASH

You mean compare to the Toonami broadcast? Yup way ahead. if my math is correct Thriller bark should start to air in Toonami sometime in 2016...O_o

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

kkslider5552000

Actually, I watched the fansubs way back in 2007 but stopped for the sake of official releases and to this day I have not seen anything past like episode 330 or anything past it in the manga (though I know a few things).

Beyond Good and Evil 2 better be happening! In the meanwhile though, here's a fun little Let's Play of the original. Think you'll like the game if you like Zelda!

Blast

I've been watching Kenichi: History's Mightiest Disciple for a while via Netflix. Man... this show is GOOD.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

mamp

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Sailor Moon Crystal has been pretty disappointing because of the animation.

The transformation sequences is the worst part of it.

IDK I thought Sailor Mars had a really cool transformation way better than the old one.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

RR529

Blast wrote:

I've been watching Kenichi: History's Mightiest Disciple for a while via Netflix. Man... this show is GOOD.

Yeah, I've been reading the manga (all caught up with Japan), and I really like it. At times it can seem to drag, but it's mostly paced really well, and it has some of the best in depth explanation & attention to detail to the martial arts I've seen in a manga since Rurouni Kenshin.

Granted, due to the fanservicy design of every single female character in the series (though it seems to have been toned down in the anime, based upon the few episodes I've seen), I can understand why it hasn't gained the same kind of popularity as other current long running Shonen series, but that's really a shame, since it really is a good series.

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Front Mission Evolved

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

Blast

RR529 wrote:

Blast wrote:

Yeah, I've been reading the manga (all caught up with Japan), and I really like it. At times it can seem to drag, but it's mostly paced really well, and it has some of the best in depth explanation & attention to detail to the martial arts I've seen in a manga since Rurouni Kenshin.

Granted, due to the fanservicy design of every single female character in the series (though it seems to have been toned down in the anime, based upon the few episodes I've seen), I can understand why it hasn't gained the same kind of popularity as other current long running Shonen series, but that's really a shame, since it really is a good series.

Hmmm.... where can I find the manga series? I'll gladly read it.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

tobibra

Are you guys exited for the upcoming Tamako Market dvdset?

I am from Norway. Pleas have in mind my english might not be the best. but I am trying ;)

Nintendo Network ID: hylfrid

GuSolarFlare

RR529 wrote:

Blast wrote:

might try the manga, I loved the anime but I watched it in the time I disliked mangas(for being colorless)

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

kaiserwave

mamp wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Sailor Moon Crystal has been pretty disappointing because of the animation.

The transformation sequences is the worst part of it.

IDK I thought Sailor Mars had a really cool transformation way better than the old one.

Well, I'm not going to lie that out of the 3 scouts we've seen so far Mars is the best. Let's do a comparison of Mars because why the hell not?
[youtube:EdqcaSSF9tc].
The choreograph is pretty much identical to one another, but the 3D model of Mars looks terrible, why does it look plastic? I know that's nitpicking, but that's just atrocious with the way they made her, Moon and Mercury look.

kaiserwave

RR529

@Blast & @GuSolarFlare, I was reading it at MangaFox (the only manga reader that worked on my 3DS), but they just recently got rid of a bunch of there stuff... (including this series).

I imagine you'd be able to find it on a number of other online manga readers, though.

Also, there are 2 different versions of the manga. The first is Ryozanpaku History's Strongest Disciple, which runs for 40 something chapters, but then for some reason he decided to completely reboot the series from the beginning (maybe once he got a grander idea of where to take it), and came out with History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, which not only completely re-imagines the events of the previous series, but it goes on to be so much more. It's 550+ chapters and still ongoing, and is the series the anime is based on.

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

tobibra

Is Usagi drop good?

I am from Norway. Pleas have in mind my english might not be the best. but I am trying ;)

Nintendo Network ID: hylfrid

GuSolarFlare

started reading Onepunch-man it's really good, though I didn't read many action mangas this one has some of the best art I've seen, I can clearly understand all that's happening without looking harder or having some character explain what's goiong on....

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

kkslider5552000

Blue Exorcist is the definitive example of why anime should either stick exclusively to a mostly 1-to-1 adaptation or should know what they're doing from the beginning when trying to change it.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Undead_terror

Up to date on One piece, at the fourth or fifth movie, only 12 more episodes until Bleach is fully dubbed, got nothing else to watch after that unless I watch some new seasons of animes that I was once up to date on.

RR529

Toonami Saturday night!

Attack on Titan - Missed it.

Bleach - WTH, a random filler episode? Apparently the Soul Society has the ability to import things from America, lol.

Space Dandy - Huh, the Gogol people actually got to be a part of the main story this time. Decent episode.

Naruto Shippuden - Typical end of an arc stuff. Celebration, solemn remembrance, looking to the future.

One Piece - One giant out of the way, Luffy kicking a**, and the CP9 people were assigning themselves power levels. Fun episode.

Blue Exorcist - Pretty fantastic action for the conclusion. Wait, did they just insinuate that "you know who's" actions weren't completely derived from evil...? (that's just f***** up. "He" isn't supposed to have "good intentions", even if he twists them up). Overall, as a series, though I gave it a lot of flak, I did like it. It was generally a good show with great animation, an interesting theme (though it had it's issues), and it had about the perfect mix of seriousness & laid back moments. I actually really liked the idea of mixing western & eastern cultural lore, which made it all the more disappointing that they went so deeply into incorporating the idea of the devil (and completely missing the point).

Batman - Didn't watch.

Black Lagoon - This was quite a heavy episode, but I can't wait until next week to see Revy & Ginji beat the s*** out of those lowlifes for what they're doing to that girl.

EDIT: Oh, and they showed a new promo for Gurren Lagaan, which starts next week. Can't wait!

Edited on by RR529

kkslider5552000

anime movies are way more fun with a friend

Neptune

It's been recently announced that the series Working!! will receive a third anime season. http://www.otakutale.com/2014/working-anime-season-3-announced/
@Tobias95: I haven't watched it so I wouldn't know. However, based on your anime interests such as Love Lab and Tamako Market, I would recommend watching something like Acchi Kocchi (Place to Place) or Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions.

Edited on by Neptune

Neptune

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic